Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,000 Words
  • 3,545 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 5. Chapter 5

Louis watched Cade nervously as he waited to see what the other man’s reaction would be. He heaved a sigh of relief when a grin spread over Cade’s face.

“Does that mean I still get a tour?” Cade asked.

Louis nodded, smiling, and pointed to the clinic main doors, before heading that direction.

***

Cade was silently cheering, he now knew why neither he nor his friends had heard Louis talk.

It didn’t bother him that Louis was deaf and mute, but it did bother him that Louis obviously thought it would affect Cade’s attitude towards him. He wanted to get to know the person behind the front Louis seemed to put up for everyone to see.

He decided to try innocent questions, now that he had Louis talking—sort of—he could build up to the questions he really wanted to ask.

He tapped Louis on the arm, when the man turned, Cade spoke.

“So, have you always lived in Chapmistres View?” he asked.

“Yes, I was born and raised here. I’ve only left to attend the university in Unison City for a two year healing course, before starting to work here full time. What about you? Were you born in Witchconspy?”

“No, I was born in a nearby shifter community but it was dissolved when an illness that only affected shifters took out the alpha, all the betas, and over a hundred others, before a cure was found. My mom and I were taken in by Thomas, the Senior Elder of Witchconspy, when I was three.”

“Shifter community. Was one of your parents the healer there? You said you and your mom moved to Witchconspy, what about your father?” Cade paused before answering Louis’ questions.

“In answer to your first question, yes, my mom was a healer, so she was placed in the shifter community. As for your other question, my father was killed by the illness before the cure was found. Mom worked so hard, even calling some old friends from university to help, but they were too late to save everyone. My father died the day before the cure was developed.”

Cade closed his eyes to try and block out the memories and jumped slightly when he felt a hand on his arm.

“I’m sorry you lost your father. It must have been hard.”

Cade turned to thank Louis, but he was frowning, “Hang on, you said the illness only effected shifters!”

Cade nodded resignedly, “Caught on to that did you? Yes my father was a shifter which makes me a hybrid—or a freak. Depends on who you speak to.”

Cade was surprised by Louis’ loud voice in his head, “Never let me see you calling yourself a freak. Thane is a hybrid and he is no more a freak than you are.”

Cade stood staring for a few moments before he shook his head, “Damn you’re sexy when you’re angry!” He laughed as Louis blushed, “I don’t know who Thane is but I’m guessing he’s a friend.” Louis nodded. “Thank you for the defense and just so you know, I don’t think of myself—or other hybrids—as freaks. I was just repeating what other people have said, time and again. I would also ask you keep this to yourself, my colleagues don’t know I’m not wholly a psychic and my boss wants it kept that way.”

Louis seemed to consider his request and then nodded, before pointing along the hallway to indicate—Cade assumed—that they should continue that way.

***

They spent a good two hours wondering around the clinic, with Cade poking into any corners and closets that Louis allowed him to.

Louis watched Cade with amusement, he had never met a person with such a curious nature.

Their last stop was back at the main reception area, Louis didn’t want the night to end just yet and so he surprised Cade and himself with a request.

“Would you like me to show around the community a bit? Or maybe we could take a walk in the woods? I know a lovely spot to take some food on a moonlight picnic.”

Cade just stared for a moment but then he nodded so hard Louis thought he was going to shake his head off his shoulders.

Louis laughed as he led the way to the kitchens and then out the back doors.

Cade looked fascinated by the woods that backed onto the clinic, he kept looking around as though he didn’t want to miss anything.

They finally made it to the spot Louis had mentioned, there was a clearing in the woods that led to a rushing waterfall. The water was gushing and splashing, reflecting the moonlight into small lasers that sparkled over a large pool at the bottom.

Cade stopped suddenly and Louis nearly collided with him. Cade turned to face him, “It’s beautiful,” he said before entering the clearing.

Louis smiled at the look on Cade’s face and followed the entranced man as he headed for the pool.

Louis dropped the basket of food he was carrying onto a patch of grass.

Suddenly he saw a flash out the corner of his eye and looked up in time to see Cade topple into a shallow part of the pool. Seeing him sitting there with his hair dripping down his face was too much and Louis doubled over in silent laughter.

He looked up just in time to see Cade coming at him. Before he could dodge, Cade had him pinned to the ground and was rubbing his wet hair over every part of Louis that he could reach.

***

Cade couldn’t help but laugh, he didn’t think that Louis even realized he was projecting his protests into Cade’s mind.

All Cade could hear was, “No, stop…I’m ticklish there…Please let me up you’re wet and cold…”

Cade finally let up and just leaned up to look down at the now rather wet man under him.

God he was beautiful.

Please read, enjoy, like, and comment
Thanks :)
Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So Cade is a shifter and a witch? I love how he adjusted to Louis' mode of communication. I really like them together. Why doesn't Cade know Thane? Great chapter.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2015 12:37 PM, Moku_Sui said:
Squeal! Can't wait for the next chapter!
:thankyou: I'm glad you are enjoying this story.
Link to comment
On 03/02/2015 02:29 AM, LadyDe said:
So Cade is a shifter and a witch? I love how he adjusted to Louis' mode of communication. I really like them together. Why doesn't Cade know Thane? Great chapter.
First Cade is a shifter and psychic. And second he hasn't met Thane yet but he will soon.

Glad you like this story and I hope you enjoy where it goes. :thankyou:

Link to comment
On 08/05/2015 04:51 AM, Headstall said:

That was very romantic :*) Loved it! Cheers... Gary...

Thank you, a few readers asked that I try and put more of the characters emotions into the story. I hope you like the other romantic moments as much as this one.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..