Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 33 Words
  • 778 Views
  • 10 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems, Old and New - 1. Rain

Rain is shining on the leaves,

Rain is shining on the webs,

Rain is shining on the grass,

Like crystals till the last.

(Written in the 1990’s with my late grandfather)

This was my first ever poem.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey Cazzie!! Aw, that's sweet and sweet is good. And what a wonderful memory to have with your grandfather!

 

Looking forward to more.

 

tim

Link to comment
On 10/05/2015 06:01 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Hey Cazzie!! Aw, that's sweet and sweet is good. And what a wonderful memory to have with your grandfather!

 

Looking forward to more.

 

tim

Thank you.

 

As you're not allowed to add too many chapters at once (it blocks up the story notifications or something) I have set a new poem to post every day, until my note book is empty. Then I'll start writing some new ones.

 

Thanks again for the review. :hug:

Link to comment

I read the poem and had a picture in my mind of a warm late spring day, everything is green and the rain is sparkling.

Link to comment
On 10/05/2015 06:16 AM, LitLover said:

I read the poem and had a picture in my mind of a warm late spring day, everything is green and the rain is sparkling.

I wrote it on a warm day after a night of rain. I was sitting in the gardens of Kipling's house, enjoying the sun. So I am very glad that it came across in the words.

 

Thank you for the lovely review :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/05/2015 06:33 AM, Defiance19 said:

Very nice Caz. Paints a very clear picture in a few short sentences.

Look forward to the rest.

:thankyou:

 

It is set to post a new one each day for about a week. Then I will have to actually start writing again :)

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Heya, Caz! Great poem! I agree with Lit; I pictured the same thing when I read it - a spring day, with the leftover rain on everything it touched. :)

Link to comment
On 10/06/2015 02:03 PM, Lisa said:

Heya, Caz! Great poem! I agree with Lit; I pictured the same thing when I read it - a spring day, with the leftover rain on everything it touched. :)

I can still picture the day I wrote this one whenever I read it. I'm glad people seem to like it too. :)

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 7/10/2017 at 9:44 AM, Aviana said:

Very fond memories connected to this poem I see...so sweet!

Thank you for commenting and I am so sorry I missed it and didn't reply sooner. :hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..