Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 592 Words
  • 2,346 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt's for 2014 - 10. Prompt 372 - Babysitting, the cat way !!!

“Wait. You want me to do what now?” Kitt looked at Casey in horror.

“I want you to look after the kids so I can get Adam, Ben, Jamie and Andrew out for the evening. They have been working so hard and they need a break. Please, their usual nanny quit and I need someone I can trust.”

“I don’t know anything about kids. I spent the first twenty two years of my life locked in a basement for heaven’s sake.”

Casey flinched at the reminder of Kitt’s imprisonment, the shifter had been living with Casey for over two months now and had made great improvements in dealing with others but every now and then something happened to remind them both of what they would rather forget.

“Please, the kids are really well behaved, Elizabeth and Thomas are both two years old and are happy to just run around the playroom. Sasha is only a year old, she will probably sleep most of the night anyway and if she does wake I’m sure you can feed and change her – did I mention she’s not potty trained yet? I’m sure you must have read some books on babies and children at one time or another and with your photographic memory I know you would remember them word for word.”

Kitt let out a long sigh and finally agreed, “But, you have to keep your phone on and promise to come home if I call you.”

“Okay that’s a deal. I’ll call the guys now and the kids will be here within an hour.” Casey quickly agreed and left the room at a run.

***

Kitt was ready to pull his hair out at the roots. All three children were driving him mad. No one had told him that being witch/vampire hybrids Elizabeth and Thomas would be running around at high speed not just at normal speed. As for Sasha, well he knew babies liked throwing anything they could get ahold of and of course they liked waving their hands around, usually hitting your face if you were holding them. But what Casey hadn’t told him was that Sasha already had her vampire strength. He now had a black eye, from a waving fist and a lump starting on his forehead from a flying rattle.

Finally he had had enough, concentrating he shifted to his cat form and roared as loud as he could. The children all stopped and stared.

Elizabeth was the first to recover, “Kitty cat,” she cried in delight.

Soon both she and Thomas were trying to climb on Kitt as he lay on the floor. Sasha had toddled over to play with his long mane.

The children soon tired themselves out and when the guys returned hours later it was to find the big cat curled protectively round all their children as they slept.

“Now that’s a cute sight,” Ben smiled and whipped his phone out to take a quick picture before slowly approaching with Adam to collect their two out of the pile. Kitt just blinked at them and twitched his ears.

Jamie and Andrew looked at Kitt still curled round Elizabeth and seemed to reach a silent decision together.

“I think Lizzie is comfortable enough there, if Kitt doesn’t mind just calling us when she wakes up?” Jamie asked looking at Kitt for confirmation.

Kitt gently nodded his head, curled tighter round Elizabeth and laid his head gently on her sleeping form. Then he closed his eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

I know I haven't done any of these for a while but this one gave me the inspiration to start up again. :P
I used prompt 372 - First line: Wait. You want me to do what now?
This is set in book 5 of Unison Island but may be rewritten when i settle on a storyline for the book.
As always:
Read
Enjoy
and please comment (and like)
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/22/2014 06:55 AM, Timothy M. said:
Cute - does this mean we'll get a whole story about Kitt(y) at some point ?
Ahh now give me one good reason to answer that!! A writer never reveals their secrets till it's the Write time. But I will say Kitt has a few surprises for reader's. ;-)
Link to comment

I loved the shapeshifter curling up and the kids complete acceptance. No fear for them with all the pensive ness on Kitt. Really interesting twists and fun treatment. Thanks for sharing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So Ben let Adam do it again?!?!?! Sasha and Thomas? I loved this. Have we been introduced to Kitt in the other stories? I must go check.Kitt figured out what would work and it did 'cause he was outgunned (out-kid'd). Poor Kitty. haha. And Jackson and Casey aren't together yet? Ok, I know you won't exactly answer....but those are hints (hee hee) :read: I love these glimpses into the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2014 03:08 PM, comicfan said:
I enjoyed that and hope you continue it. Shifters, hybreds and who knows what else just makes it fun.
Thanks, this scene is part of an upcoming story and that's all I'm saying. :evil:
Link to comment
On 11/22/2014 07:30 PM, Slytherin said:
:lol: Poor Kitt babysitting these babies :funny: Cute story :)
Thanks glad you liked it. hopefully more to come. :*)
Link to comment
On 11/23/2014 03:00 PM, Cole Matthews said:
I loved the shapeshifter curling up and the kids complete acceptance. No fear for them with all the pensive ness on Kitt. Really interesting twists and fun treatment. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you liked it. I like putting twists in my work. Makes it more interesting to write and hopefully more interesting to read, :read:
Link to comment
On 11/24/2014 01:20 AM, LadyDe said:
So Ben let Adam do it again?!?!?! Sasha and Thomas? I loved this. Have we been introduced to Kitt in the other stories? I must go check.Kitt figured out what would work and it did 'cause he was outgunned (out-kid'd). Poor Kitty. haha. And Jackson and Casey aren't together yet? Ok, I know you won't exactly answer....but those are hints (hee hee) :read: I love these glimpses into the future.
I can tell you Sasha is the baby Ben is pregnant with in Buried Treasure :read:

As for Casey and Jackson, sorry my lips are sealed, :ph34r:

Link to comment
On 11/26/2014 01:29 AM, Rook Lee said:
The hybrid brats were adorable driving poor Kitt up the wall.

Kids of any species are just as bad as each other.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 12/03/2014 05:06 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
Great job, Caz! On to take up the stories again, and then there'd better be more stuff to enjoy! :)

My head is always full of ideas.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..