Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 1,776 Words
  • 5,868 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost Inside - 3. Chapter 3

Mid-week update!!

Benny didn’t expect to thank Velaku in person, but he had to find out what Brad told the Falcons. The safety of Ellis, Davis’ mate, as well as the other Carthera that worked at the bar, was at stake. A meeting with the leader of all the Carthera clans wasn’t something Benny could refuse to attend when they’d been invited, even if his boss had. At least they discovered the only surviving members of Mishtar’s band of traitors who tried to take over Velaku’s territory were small players. Thugs and outcasts with little brains or sense, they were unlikely to be a large threat.

Each Carthera clan knew their identities and were on the lookout. They’d never manage to hide forever. By now they’d probably already fled Velaku’s territory in fear of him and his mate. No one else would make the mistake of underestimating the young leader. His mating, and rise to power after the murder of his father, at such an early age meant nothing. He was a deadly Falcon and his mate, a handsome lynx named Natham, were firmly in control after the attack on Davis’ safe house failed.

The cross-species mating was rare, but Ellis’ change from pure human was even stranger. He’d even taken on many of Davis’ Snake characteristics. Velaku and Natham discussed the situation, in-depth. All Benny wanted to do was go home and sleep. His ears twisted and flattened.

“I’m sorry, Benny. I know you’ve had a long day.” Velaku leaned back in his chair. “It’s been a crazy week or all of us.”

Natham stood behind his mate between his snowy white wings and kneaded his shoulders. “Hopefully things will settle down. The smugglers are being put down by the government, Mishtar—the fucking traitor—is dead. The Falcons will nominate a new leader soon.”

Benny sat forward. “Really? How do they decide that?” He, like every other Carthera, had heard of the legendary Falcons. They were elite fighters. Not much was known of them other than that. They were a secretive sect, a holdover from the time the Carthera clans fought amongst themselves and were hunted by humans.

“A competition open to all the senior Falcon fighters and the battle group leaders. They will compete both in combat and in strategy games.”

“Sounds simple enough.” Benny shrugged and then smothered a yawn.

“Not really. Sure, the strategy isn’t physically dangerous, but contenders for the title have been known to break wings and limbs. The battles are fierce.”

Velaku patted Natham’s hands. “Thank you. I’m sure we’re all tired. For now, we’ve done all we can do. Please, thank Davis again for us.”

“I doubt he and Ellis will come up for air for a while, but I’ll pass it along when I see him next.” Benny pushed his chair back from the table.

Velaku stood up and leaned against his mate. Natham wrapped an arm around his waist under his wings. “You’re welcome to attend the gathering when the Falcons compete, as our guest. I know you fought against Mishtar’s men at great risk to yourself. I know my father allowed you and your brother to enter our territory without a clan, but for my part, I disagree. If you wish, we would welcome you as the Tiger Clan Alpha for our territory.

Benny blinked. He fought to keep his jaw from dropping open in shock. “I’m not an Alpha, and the only other Tiger around is my brother.”

Natham snorted. “You’re not? Coulda fooled me.” He flicked one ear and smiled, taking the sting out of his skeptical comment. “You don’t have to decide anything now. Go home and get some rest. The competition will take place sometime next week. We’ll send you message when the time is determined.”

Benny nodded. He saluted Velaku and his mate. They left out a separate door. Benny walked out of the house on the edge of the eyrie in a daze. He barely remember the trip home, which wasn’t safe for the other motorists on the road, but he couldn’t find it in himself to care.

Flopping down on the center of his bed, Benny closed his eyes. He’d take his shoes off and shower after a few minutes. He just needed to gather the chaotic thoughts darting through his mind so he could get a few hours of sleep.

Benny yawned.

Yuri shoved him down on the bed. Benny stared up at him, then tipped his head back slowly. He could barely see Yuri’s smug grin, but he could feel it through their bond. His mate hovered over him, and Benny waited, his cock slowly filling. As big as he was, as dominant outside their bedroom, Benny enjoyed submitting to his mate when they were alone.

Sometimes.

Yuri’s hot breath puffed against his exposed neck. Benny shivered. The looming Tiger licked a warm, wet line up his throat. Yuri completed the submission ritual with his jaws stretched wide and clamped down on Benny’s throat. When Benny didn’t move, Yuri began to purr. He ran one hand down Benny’s chest, his claws tearing the white t-shirt into ribbons from the neck to hem.

Yuri released Benny’s neck and leaned back to kneel between his legs. He stared down at Benny with a smug grin. “I’ll never get tired of that. Who’d have thought you’d become my mate?”

“I did, the first moment I saw you.” Benny felt his face heat up. Yuri laughed, then leaned down and kissed him. He nipped Benny’s bottom lip with his fangs, then licked off the tiny drops of blood with the tip of his tongue. He broke off their kiss when Benny tried to pull him down.

“Slow down.”

“Why?”

“Because I want to.” He rocked back on his heels. “I want to see you.”

“Is that why you ripped my shirt? I liked this one, you know.” Benny sat up and pulled it off, tossing it to the floor. Yuri pushed him back down.

“Then next time don’t work out with a shirt on if you don’t want me to rip it off when we get back home.”

Benny grunted when Yuri his rolled nipples between his fingers. “Then you’d pounce on me in the gym. Don’t think”—he gasped when Yuri pinched and tugged on the sensitive tips—“oh damn. Uh, I don’t think we’d be let back in if you did that.” Yuri stroked the abused flesh softly and Benny resisted the urge to squirm.

“That tickles!”

“Well, we can’t have that.”

The first lick across his right nipple sent a shiver down Benny’s spine. The soft sucking and sharp bite wiped his mind of rational thought. Yuri kept changing the sensation. Soft licks mixed with small nips and soft kisses became strong sucking pulls. Benny’s balls began to ache.

Benny stroked his hands down Yuri’s back. He shoved at the damp waistband of his mate’s shorts. “Off.” He needed more. He squirmed under Yuri when his mate sat up.

“Just this.” Yuri pulled Benny’s shorts down. His cock smacked against his stomach. Benny gasped and tensed when the elastic band on his shorts smacked against his balls. “Oh yeah, look at those ridges.” Yuri stroked the sides of Benny’s six pack, so close to his dick but not touching it.

His mate was evil!

A pool of precum gathered under the head of his cock as Yuri teased him. Benny finally growled, unable to stand it. He reached for his cock, but Yuri shoved his hands away.

“Damn it, Yuri!

His sexy Tiger looming over him laughed. “Waiting is good for you.”

Benny might combust before then. His balls ached under the tight band of his shorts. “Getting me off is good for you.” Benny’s claws snagged on the blanket under him. “I want to feel you.”

Yuri appeared to give his demand some thought. Benny was about to roll them when his mate finally slid his shorts down. Benny reached and Yuri swayed back.

“No touching.”

His cock was fatter than Benny’s with a thick cap already flushed purple. Benny didn’t know how his mate stayed so calm. Yuri leaned forward and braced himself just above Benny’s body. “This what you want?” He pumped his hips, barely grazing their cocks together. Benny arched up.

He hated it when his mate was in a teasing mood, especially after he’d had to watch the massive Tiger’s muscles flex and shine with sweat as he worked them on the weight machines at the gym. Benny’d had been half hard, his jock barely able to keep his bulge from becoming obscene, for at least an hour. “More,” he growled.

Yuri flashed his fangs. He reached between their bodies and grasped their cocks loosely in one hand. Benny shuddered. He thrust into his mate’s hand, working against the rough palm on one side and Yuri’s cock on the other. The weeping fluid eased his rough thrusts into Yuri’s grip into smooth glides. Yuri froze, crouched over him, as Benny grunted and thrust. He controlled the sensation, tightening and relaxing his fist. Benny wanted to make his mate lose control, but Yuri was a rock. It was maddening. He was so close!

Benny snarled as someone slammed the door open. Yuri shouted as he was ripped off the bed. His dad stood over him, his face a mask of rage, his ears flat to his head.

“You fucking ingrate!” He slashed his claws across Yuri’s chest when his mate tried to get up. Yuri collapsed in shock, staring at his father with his mouth gaping open. Benny fought off his shock. His mate was hurt! Benny yanked up his shorts and flew off the bed.

“Leave him alone!”

He shoved the Alpha aside and bent to help his mate up. Blood dripped from the five slices across Yuri’s chest and upper stomach. They were deep but not fatal.

The hair on Benny’s neck stood up. Yuri’s eyes widened and then…

Benny rolled, trying to avoid those phantom claws that had raked down his side and laid him open deep enough for bone to show. The vicious boot to his head when he fell left Benny dazed.

But it wasn’t a boot. He wasn’t bleeding.

Benny lay on the floor beside the bed in his lonely apartment, cursing the nightmares that haunted him. Clammy sweat coated his skin. He rolled over and slowly made it to his knees and then his feet. A shower was first on his list. The stench of his fear saturated his room. Even Benny could smell the acrid odor.

Then he needed a drink. Or maybe two.

Copyright © 2014 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

No Benny! No more nightmares! Poor guy. He's so sad and lonely. I would want a drink too after all that pain. Hopefully his luck will change. Can't wait for the next chapter!

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/26/2014 12:23 PM, m.p. said:
No Benny! No more nightmares! Poor guy. He's so sad and lonely. I would want a drink too after all that pain. Hopefully his luck will change. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Thanks m.p. Poor Benny has been through the wringer. I wanted to share some of what he goes through, plus share some of Yuri's personality and their relationship, along with the alpha's rage at his son. More will be coming Wednesday. Thanks for reviewing!
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Does this mean we get bigger chapters on the weekend and 1k chapters during the week for the Wed. Briefs? :D

 

Loving this. Seriously. Benny always had my interest with his sad, dark tale. Looking forward to more.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/26/2014 12:42 PM, Mann Ramblings said:
Does this mean we get bigger chapters on the weekend and 1k chapters during the week for the Wed. Briefs? :D

 

Loving this. Seriously. Benny always had my interest with his sad, dark tale. Looking forward to more.

I'm going to try. I will not commit right now to more than every other week, because I am still trying to finish AE and then I have a few other projects I'm trying to work on too. I have to pick and choose what to write and when, but I want to update this one more than once a week during the flash on Wednesdays, yes, especially during scenes that need to be longer to really flesh them out. Thanks for the review Mann!
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Poor Benny and I agree with you about Yuri's POV here. He seemed like a strong character so what must have eventuated, even though my imagination is running wild with scenarios, is devastating too cause such a lasting effect on Yuri. His own father!! Earlier when you mentioned Benny's parents and Yuri's mother were at the bonding ceremony but not his father, as Alpha does that mean he was away or that his mate did not tell him? For him to have his own father brutalize him in this way emotionally must have been a great shock and whatever injuries did occur to Benny must have been just as serious as Yuri's!! I hope nothing happened to Yuri's mother either.

Plus what a revelation that Velaku put on Benny, suggesting that he is an Alpha. A dormant one at that too, so here is a theory if Yuri is his true mate and he really is an Alpha could that not in itself help Yuri pull himself back??

Just a thought but as normal you will give no clues away until we see the chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter and as always brilliant story line and intrigue. :*)

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thanks for the treat!!! That was awesome to see another update. It was great to see something of the couple before the accident, though it was sad having it ruined when it became the moment they were found. Until that time, it was interesting to see how they were together since we've had no prior view into their lives together initially.

 

How long were they together before this? Was Yuri automatically going to take over for his father like Velaku did after his dad passed? Wouldn't that mean his mate would be an Alpha also? Benny clearly didn't believe he was.

 

Have the nightmares Benny has picked up lately? Or has he been tortured like this every night since the event? Did it increase with all the matings around him? It's a wonder he's been able to function this long. That is really interesting about the Alpha of a clan offer. I love Velaku and Natham. They seem to know more than they are letting on. I was only surprised he didn't ask about Yuri while there.

 

Thanks again!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm so happy you posted another (longer :worship: ) chapter! I'm loving this story and my heart is breaking for Benny. He's such a loyal man (cfr. "Hypnotic") I can only imagine what he's suffering for not being able to be with his mate and for knowing he doesn't even stand to be near him. So sad! I hope you find a way to make Yuri better and show us how their relationship can be saved. Oh, and I love that the action takes place in a time span that intermingles with the end of "Hypnotic". It makes me feel like Benny is not alone, he has friends, his brother and Calix (don't forget Calix!). Maybe they can help.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/27/2014 03:47 AM, belann said:
I'm so happy you posted another (longer :worship: ) chapter! I'm loving this story and my heart is breaking for Benny. He's such a loyal man (cfr. "Hypnotic") I can only imagine what he's suffering for not being able to be with his mate and for knowing he doesn't even stand to be near him. So sad! I hope you find a way to make Yuri better and show us how their relationship can be saved. Oh, and I love that the action takes place in a time span that intermingles with the end of "Hypnotic". It makes me feel like Benny is not alone, he has friends, his brother and Calix (don't forget Calix!). Maybe they can help.
Well, my 'Carthera Shorts' have secondary characters from my trilogy, but don't exactly fit in the timeline sequentially. I try to make them standalone, but it is difficult. Luckily, most of my readers have already enjoyed the trilogy so it's not a problem. Benny has a lot of friends, but he needs his other half. I always feel bad for him too, so it's about time I wrote his story! :P Thanks so much for the review Belann!
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/26/2014 04:53 PM, Sonya said:
Poor Benny and I agree with you about Yuri's POV here. He seemed like a strong character so what must have eventuated, even though my imagination is running wild with scenarios, is devastating too cause such a lasting effect on Yuri. His own father!! Earlier when you mentioned Benny's parents and Yuri's mother were at the bonding ceremony but not his father, as Alpha does that mean he was away or that his mate did not tell him? For him to have his own father brutalize him in this way emotionally must have been a great shock and whatever injuries did occur to Benny must have been just as serious as Yuri's!! I hope nothing happened to Yuri's mother either.

Plus what a revelation that Velaku put on Benny, suggesting that he is an Alpha. A dormant one at that too, so here is a theory if Yuri is his true mate and he really is an Alpha could that not in itself help Yuri pull himself back??

Just a thought but as normal you will give no clues away until we see the chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter and as always brilliant story line and intrigue. :*)

Oh, the Alpha... don't worry, you will definitely find out more with Benny and Yuri's history, through their future. I don't like doing too many flashbacks, but I needed to show the 'big event' that changed Benny's life. It makes sense that he'd have a lot of nightmares about that attack.

 

I won't share how I plan to try and treat Yuri, of course, lol. Sorry! I know I'm a bit tight-lipped, but this won't be a novel so I can't spoil the events that will be coming soon. At least you won't have long to wait to find out, right? LOL Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Sonya!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/26/2014 09:41 PM, Cannd said:
Thanks for the treat!!! That was awesome to see another update. It was great to see something of the couple before the accident, though it was sad having it ruined when it became the moment they were found. Until that time, it was interesting to see how they were together since we've had no prior view into their lives together initially.

 

How long were they together before this? Was Yuri automatically going to take over for his father like Velaku did after his dad passed? Wouldn't that mean his mate would be an Alpha also? Benny clearly didn't believe he was.

 

Have the nightmares Benny has picked up lately? Or has he been tortured like this every night since the event? Did it increase with all the matings around him? It's a wonder he's been able to function this long. That is really interesting about the Alpha of a clan offer. I love Velaku and Natham. They seem to know more than they are letting on. I was only surprised he didn't ask about Yuri while there.

 

Thanks again!

Well, Velaku is a good leader, but doesn't keep tabs on Yuri personally. Benny's come more to his attention due to everything happening since he took the leadership. Still, he has to be aware of many things... of course, some that I haven't shared with you yet that will be important to the story.

 

Benny's been alone for a while, but I think the matings around him are making him remember those moments more. Of course that comes out in his dreams as he's far too busy, and too controlled, to give into the pain he feels too often. I'll share more of the timeline as I can, but I don't want to give too much away. Thanks so much for the review, Cannd!!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I remember wondering (when reading Inside) about Benny and Yuri mating and bonding without the permission and knowledge of Yuri's father. Especially with the things that were said about the hierachy and tyranny of traditional Tiger clans. It wasn't clear whether it was the gay part or the disobedient part that enraged the Alpha most, and why the couple did not foresee the trouble. I'm sure there's good explanations for all of this, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them come to light here.

Hmm maybe Velaku is hoping to set up an alternative to the traditional clans so unhappy and oppressed Tigers have somewhere to go. That could eventually force the old clans to change. Would be just like Velaku to have such a long term goal in mind. As well as bolstering Benny's crumbling self-esteem.

Anyway, great chapter even if the erotic moment was interrupted so terribly. Almost made me jump in my seat with fright - bet you're happy to hear that ;)

  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/27/2014 07:11 AM, Timothy M. said:
I remember wondering (when reading Inside) about Benny and Yuri mating and bonding without the permission and knowledge of Yuri's father. Especially with the things that were said about the hierachy and tyranny of traditional Tiger clans. It wasn't clear whether it was the gay part or the disobedient part that enraged the Alpha most, and why the couple did not foresee the trouble. I'm sure there's good explanations for all of this, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them come to light here.

Hmm maybe Velaku is hoping to set up an alternative to the traditional clans so unhappy and oppressed Tigers have somewhere to go. That could eventually force the old clans to change. Would be just like Velaku to have such a long term goal in mind. As well as bolstering Benny's crumbling self-esteem.

Anyway, great chapter even if the erotic moment was interrupted so terribly. Almost made me jump in my seat with fright - bet you're happy to hear that ;)

Me, happy I had a reader so in the moment that when I broke it off abruptly it scared them? Nooooo! :P There are subtle nuances in the story that will come to bear later, but I can't share them now. :) So evil of me, I know! lol
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

So excited to see a chapter mid week, thanks! This story has already sucked me in, everything about Benny's story makes me so sad... Can't wait for the next chapter

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/28/2014 01:38 AM, luv4rain said:
So excited to see a chapter mid week, thanks! This story has already sucked me in, everything about Benny's story makes me so sad... Can't wait for the next chapter
I aim to please! :) Benny's story sucked me in too. More will be here on Wednesday with my Briefers flash group.
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Velaku's offer to make Benny the alpha of the tiger clan is his territory was unexpected.  Benny would make an excellent alpha if he had Yuri at his side.  At this point it seems a very long shot idea.  The dreams Benny have of Yuri show a beautiful love and I appreciate new insights into Yuri's character.  The depth of sadness at what happened is distressing.  What happened to Yuri's father?  Is he still alive and the alpha of the tigers?  

Just a side note here.  After reading the comments, I know that there were other readers than myself who were hooked into this story long before the first word was written. 😊

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..