Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 2,448 Words
  • 8,626 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Accidents Happen - 11. Chapter 11 - Crossroads

Things go wrong for Rick Jr but Barbara is there to straighten things out. Then Charlie has work and he gets to meet the man running the literacy program. Well life does take some strange turns on occasion.

Chapter 11 – Crossroads

Wednesday morning Charlie was up early. Having company, he decided he would make breakfast for Rick and himself. He padded out to the kitchen and whipped up some pancakes and sausage. He knocked on the bedroom door and opened it to find Rick spread out on the bed. Rick slept in far less than Charlie did, which was basically nothing at all.

Well, don’t keep looking at your nephew. Either get your ass out of here, or wake his butt up.

“Rick, breakfast is on the table.”

“Ugh, sleep.”

“Rick, get up. Food is done.”

Charlie padded back out to the kitchen and grabbed his coffee. A few minutes later Rick stumbled out in a pair of shorts scratching his belly.

“Coffee is on the counter. Sit while the food is still warm.”

Rick took a deep drink of the coffee before facing Charlie.

“Thanks, Unc. You didn’t have to this you know.”

“Well, it isn’t like I have company that often. Figured I would make sure you had something to eat before I left for work.”

“Hey, these are really good.”

Charlie sat and finished off his own pancakes and sausage. Making sure Rick had enough to eat, he hurried into the bedroom and grabbed a change of clothing, then took his morning shower. He changed and was heading out as Rick stood doing the dishes.

“Hey, have a good day. Remember to take your key when you go. I’ll see you tonight, Rick.”

“Thanks, Unc. See you tonight.”

And so it was, the beginning of a strange routine for Charlie. He got up and took his car to work, stopping to pick up some cheese buns for Marie and coffee for both of them. He spent his morning hiding out with her at her desk chatting while so many of the single teachers tried to get his attention. Lunch he ate in his room, Charlie stayed there during his break period as well. The crowd of women was all there at the front door waiting for him when he finished putting the kids on the bus, but he slipped back into his classroom by following the hints Marie had given him the day before.

He nearly raced to his car at the end of the day. He was surprised to find Rick was there already when he walked in the door. In fact, Rick was in the kitchen, and it looked like every pot he owned was being used.

“Hi, Unc. I hope you had a good day. Figured you made breakfast so the least I could do was make dinner.”

“Oh, well… thanks, Rick. That was nice of you.”

Charlie just looked at the mess all over and figured he would clean it all up after dinner. For the moment he headed into the living room. He set his school stuff down and began working through his student’s projects, marking them and entering grades into his grade book. Soon he could smell garlic and tomato sauce, and other tangy odors floating through his apartment.

“Dinner is done, Unc. Come get it while it isn’t burned.”

Charlie laughed as he finished the last paper he had to grade. Sliding his work neatly back into his satchel he headed over to the dining area. Already on the table were a few bowls of food. Rick had made a salad, garlic bread, and broccoli. Moments later Rick arrived back at the table with two bowls of spaghetti and sauce, and a small plate of chicken cutlets.

“Who were planning on feeding this all to, Rick?”

Rick turned bright red as he sat down.

“Well, Unc, I never get a chance to cook for anyone. If I cook at all it is just for me. Usually everyone else cooks for me.”

Charlie just nodded and started trying some of all the things on the table. There were more things there than he could ever eat. He sampled a little of everything and was surprised at how good a cook Rick was.

“You know this is really good. You should cook more often.”

Rick just blushed and piled away the food. Charlie was relieved to see Rick eating. He had been afraid that Rick would be the type to just stop eating, but as he watched Rick clear through the salad, broccoli, and spaghetti he realized he had nothing to worry about.

“Do you want breakfast tomorrow, Rick? If not I won’t bother you and let you sleep.”

Charlie paused as he suddenly remembered opening the door this morning and seeing Rick’s ass spread out on his bed. He could remember the dark tan on his legs and the hair that coated them that stopped and was almost totally gone from his snow white butt. He was shaken out of his memory as Rick spoke.

“Nah, I’ll just grab a bowl of cereal when I get up Unc. No problem.”

Charlie sat silently for the rest of the meal. Why am I thinking about Rick’s body? I mean I know he's going through a hard time, but really. All through school I took showers and stuff, so why is this bothering me so much now?

After dinner Rick did the dishes and refused Charlie’s help. Charlie sat on the couch to relax. He closed his eyes and immediately pictured the hair on Rick’s stomach. But as he was about to freak out, he suddenly remembered a pair of deep blue eyes and his own flew open.

“Hey, Unc, you okay? You scared me for a moment,” said Rick as he peered at Charlie.

“Oh, sorry, got lost in thought.”

”If I didn’t know better I’d swear you were having a heart attack.”

Charlie blushed and waved Rick off. The rest of the night was spent talking. Before Rick retired, Charlie gathered his clothing for the morning and moved his toothbrush to the kitchen. Then he made up the couch again to sleep on. Rick waved goodnight and closed the door.

Charlie dreamed that night and everything seemed so disjointed. He saw Tina standing there and she was turning away from him. The accident where Scott had been hurt and the hospital bed where Scott had been lying down. He started to picture Rick’s nude form, but it morphed again to Scott’s face. Charlie found himself waking up with a raging hard on.

What the hell brought that on? Charlie muddled through his breakfast and pulled himself quickly together for school. He felt like off the whole morning.

Charlie followed a similar routine to the day before, bringing in coffee and a snack for Marie. The only change came was later when he went to hide for his break, Justine Ride, the other first grade teacher knocked on his door. She was married so he knew this wasn’t someone coming to hit on him.

“Hi, Charlie.”

“Hi, Justine. Is something wrong?”

“Sort of. Can I ask a favor of you?”

“Sure, what’s up?”

“I know it’s my turn to take the next school activity for the first graders. Could we switch? My daughter has a concert tomorrow at the high school, and to be honest, I want to go. I’m getting someone to cover my class.”

“Justine, don’t even worry about it. I know that it’s someone from the business world trying to help out with the reading program.”

“Yeah, he will be here early tomorrow morning. Just so you know, whomever ends up helping him is supposed to go to the first three meetings of his literacy program to help get the ball rolling. Are you sure you don’t mind switching?”

“Well, I’m not thrilled with the three meetings, but if it helps getting our kids to read I’m all for it.”

“Thank you. I really didn’t want to tell Katelyn I would be missing another of her concerts. Besides, from what I hear the concert is supposed to be wonderful. With the assembly going on all my students won’t even really miss me. Who knows, this might end up being a good thing for everyone involved.”

That night Charlie went home, only to be met by Rebecca. She had come over to get Rick and take him over to talk to their grandmother.

“Rick really should know better by now, Charlie.”

“Becca, he came here to think.”

“Well, his thinking has his father wondering what’s wrong. I mean Rick Sr was loud as hell when he called our house. So when I heard him talking to Dad, or I should say screaming because he couldn’t talk to Rick Jr, I knew where he really was. Face it all the rest of us come to you or grandma. When Rick didn’t show up there, I knew he would be here.”

“What do you mean come to me? You, Kathy, and Kristy are about all that show up here to see me.

“Maybe so, Charlie, but Joan and hell even William will get on the phone and call you when they want a sounding board. You might be younger than some, but your head is screwed on tight and you think before you open your mouth.”

“If you say so, but what is the deal with my brother, Rick, anyway?”

“Grams is trying to hold off his father. Give Rick Jr a chance to work out what is on his mind. You know Rick Senior still sees you as nothing more than a child, so he wouldn’t see Rick coming here as anything other than him screwing around. Sometimes I think my uncle is from another planet.”

“Jesus, my father is a pain in the ass,” began Rick Jr as he hefted his bag to his shoulder. He had been packing up and listening to the conversation from the bedroom but was now moving steadily toward the door. “Sorry to eat and run on you, Unc. Thanks for letting me stay. I hope I wasn’t too big a pain.”

“Not at all, Rick. You know my door is always open. Just don’t get yourself into trouble with your father.”

“I won’t. Thanks again.”

“Bye, Charlie. I’ll call you later from Gram’s house once I get him settled in. Love you,” stated Rebecca as she kissed him hurridly on the cheek.

“Bye, Becca.”

With that Charlie was suddenly alone again. It felt weird to unexpectly have his apartment back. Rick may have only been there two nights, but it was nice to have somebody in the apartment when he got home. Also, even though he didn’t like to admit it, it was nice to have someone to make breakfast for. Tina had never spent the night, the last time he got to cook a breakfast for others was when he still lived at home and cooked for his parents. He was pulled out his memories by the phone ringing. One look at the caller id let him know it was his mother.

“Hi, Mom. What is up?”

“Don’t hand me that, Charlie. Tell me Becca has Rick and that they are on their way back here now.”

“They left a few minutes ago, Mom. They should be there shortly. Why? You never get that frazzled.”

“Your brother is on the warpath. Wants to know why his son is here with me instead of at school. He is heading down from the city so you know I need Rick here. God help us if you brother decided to target you instead of me. He raises his voice in here and I’ll have his head handed to him.”

“Mom, I can handle Rick.”

“Yeah, that may be Charlie, but could Rick Jr handle the fallout between you and his father? Don’t be so quick to comment, Charlie. I brought you up better than that. Besides, I know my sons and Rick is a pig headed son of bitch when he wants to be. But he forgot just who his momma is!”

Oh my god, he is in so much trouble. Mom is in full mode now. Rick better hope she doesn’t flay him alive.

“Okay, Mom, I better let you go. Like I said, Becca and Ricky Junior should be there any moment now.”

“Good. You, Charlie, better stay out of trouble. I don’t have the energy I use to keep up this sort of nonsense.”

“Yes, Mom, I’ll behave. Have a good night. I love you.”

“Love you too, Charlie. Talk to you soon.”

Suddenly the phone was silent. Just like that Charlie had been left alone with his thoughts. He ate a quick meal and did up the dishes. Then he walked into the bedroom and noticed Rick had changed the sheets for him. Stripping down to his underwear, Charlie fell asleep with his arms wrapped around himself.

Charlie woke up a bit late. Rushing he got dressed and ran out the door. On his way to work he picked up a few extra buns for the meeting he was to have with the local businessman. He just hoped that the morning would go smoothly and he would at least get along with the man who was planning to do the literacy program.

Getting to school early he moved straight to his classroom where he plugged in his own small coffee pot in and started it brewing. Figuring he better try to get some of his work done before his guest arrived, Charlie grabbed his plan book and began to write today’s letter on the board and set up the packets the class would be working on before the assembly.

Though he didn’t want to get lost in contemplation, it was something he often did when safely in his classroom. He was busy counting out packages and checking to make sure there were enough copies of the project for all his students. Therefore he didn’t at first hear the knock on his door. Instead he continued to sketch out how to write the letter, and important things that began with the letter L.

“Well, Mr. Wagner, it is nice to see that it isn’t only on the streets you get lost in thought and ignore things around you.”

Charlie froze for a moment. No! Oh, no it couldn’t be.

Turning around and standing upright Charlie came face to face with Scott Reeds. There he was in his black coat, dark grey sweater, and black pants. From where Charlie stood he could see the sling with broken arm and those blue eyes.

“I guess the cat has your tongue,” stated Scott with a dry sense of humor.

“Um, no. I mean, uh, damn. Sorry. How are you Mr. Reeds?”

This was going to be a long morning.

Well we finally have Mr. Reeds back in the picture. Next time it is just Charlie and Scott. If you are enjoying this, have a comment, or just really want to let me know anything feel free to say so. By the way those little bonus points you can add always help this story get noticed. Thank you for your continued support.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Uh-oh! :huh:

Rick and Charlie are both going to have a tough day!

All the best to both!

Rick Jr. was like a storm! hasty entrance... hasty exit! would have LOVED to see how his life was going! ;)

 

Ummm... I cant wait for the next one! but then again, you do know that already, don't you? ;)

Link to comment
On 05/28/2011 10:11 AM, Frostina said:
Uh-oh! :huh:

Rick and Charlie are both going to have a tough day!

All the best to both!

Rick Jr. was like a storm! hasty entrance... hasty exit! would have LOVED to see how his life was going! ;)

 

Ummm... I cant wait for the next one! but then again, you do know that already, don't you? ;)

Rick isn't really gone. I don't just have a character disappear, especially one from Charlie's family. Rick Jr. will be back before I am finished. Glad you are enjoying the story though Frosty. As for the next chapter, well it will be out as soon as the editor is done with it.
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Yay! A Charlie/Mr. Reeds face to face. Finally! I might have had to hurt you if they had another near miss!! Plus they now have to meet up at least 3 more times. Sweet!! Can't wait to read more. Oh, and find out how badly Barbara flays Rick Sr. alive and then kicks Rick Jr. in the butt to make him stop stalling in how he feels.

 

 

Link to comment
On 06/09/2011 04:07 AM, Cia said:
Yay! A Charlie/Mr. Reeds face to face. Finally! I might have had to hurt you if they had another near miss!! Plus they now have to meet up at least 3 more times. Sweet!! Can't wait to read more. Oh, and find out how badly Barbara flays Rick Sr. alive and then kicks Rick Jr. in the butt to make him stop stalling in how he feels.

 

Cia, have you met Barbara? Sounds like you know her. Considering who I based her on, God only knows. :lol:
Link to comment

hehe they meet again :P

And Charlie still thinks Scott is married hahaha this will be fun :)

Link to comment
On 06/15/2011 11:35 PM, Agaith said:
hehe they meet again :P

And Charlie still thinks Scott is married hahaha this will be fun :)

I am glad you are enjoying this Stu. The fun isn't over yet. Hang in there. :)
Link to comment

Ooooh face to face...oh Charlie, please don't screw it up! Side note- you could prob do a 2nd story on just Ricky Jr...IMO

Link to comment
On 08/12/2011 08:16 AM, K.C. said:
Ooooh face to face...oh Charlie, please don't screw it up! Side note- you could prob do a 2nd story on just Ricky Jr...IMO
Please, no side stories. I have enough on my plate as it is. LOL. Let me finish Charlie and the two other projects still waiting in the wings.
Link to comment

Go on with your bad tricksy self Wayne, why is it everyone reading knew the 'local businessman' who wanted to help with 'Reeding' was going to be Mr. Reads, Scott Reed but Charlie had NO idea? :huh:

 

But what has me more intrigues is the whole Rick Jr. thingy with Mom and Rick Sr. So are Unc C and nephew R going to have a swinging gay bachelor's pad anytime soon? I mean, for a hot naked ass, I still know my way to Patchogue. :whistle:

Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 02:45 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
Go on with your bad tricksy self Wayne, why is it everyone reading knew the 'local businessman' who wanted to help with 'Reeding' was going to be Mr. Reads, Scott Reed but Charlie had NO idea? :huh:

 

But what has me more intrigues is the whole Rick Jr. thingy with Mom and Rick Sr. So are Unc C and nephew R going to have a swinging gay bachelor's pad anytime soon? I mean, for a hot naked ass, I still know my way to Patchogue. :whistle:

OMG. There is no family funny business in my story. :lol: I have enough irons in the fire without that complication. Geez.
Link to comment

Heh! GO BARBARA! Hope she guts Rick Sr. like a fish.Curious if the 'thank you note' didn't happen to instigate Mr. Reed's sudden interest in the school.

Link to comment
On 02/11/2012 12:58 AM, MidnightMan said:
Heh! GO BARBARA! Hope she guts Rick Sr. like a fish.Curious if the 'thank you note' didn't happen to instigate Mr. Reed's sudden interest in the school.
Now why would you think of that? :lol:
Link to comment

Barbara has her warpaint on ready to ride. Charlie is glad he is not the one at the end of her shart tongue.

 

So, you finally let Scott show up the be the local businessman. Glad I guessed right. Now, I am ready for interaction between the two:P

Link to comment
On 11/06/2012 07:34 AM, joann414 said:
Barbara has her warpaint on ready to ride. Charlie is glad he is not the one at the end of her shart tongue.

 

So, you finally let Scott show up the be the local businessman. Glad I guessed right. Now, I am ready for interaction between the two:P

Barbara isn't one to stand for crap. Scott is like a bad penny, and keeps showing up no matter how much Charlie might wish otherwise. This is just something else he is going to have to deal with. :)
Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 09:52 AM, Daithi said:
ha I so seen that coming, and Charlie can't get out of it either.
Charlie's life isn't a smooth one. Things happen and he is finally realizing he has to do more than just go with the flow.
Link to comment

I would love to be see the scene between Barbara and Rick sr :unsure2: But now I´ll just enjoy Charlie meeting Scott :)

Link to comment
On 03/16/2014 05:13 AM, Suvitar said:
I would love to be see the scene between Barbara and Rick sr :unsure2: But now I´ll just enjoy Charlie meeting Scott :)
I think it is safe to say Barbara will handle Rick and anything he might have to say or do.
Link to comment
On 04/12/2015 01:21 AM, Slytherin said:
Mr Reeds is back :D :D Love this story :)
I am glad you still enjoy when Reed shows up. I wonder what you are like reading the whole story. :lol: Thanks for the comments Sly. :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..