Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 2,814 Words
  • 8,530 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Accidents Happen - 23. Chapter 23 - The Morning After

Scott spent the night at Charlie's place. The following morning sees the two dealing with how that went. Charlie begins his morning but things don't go as expected.

Chapter 23 – The Morning After

 

Charlie woke in the morning and found himself tangled up in Scott’s arms. It brought a smile to his face and he would have loved to stay in bed but his bladder had other plans.

Well that was better than I expected. I guess I should have checked before we started though. I just never figured Rick would take my condoms. At least I know he is playing it safe with Wade.

Charlie smiled as he carefully slid out from Scott’s arms. He paused for a moment seeing the handsome man still asleep in his bed.

I guess I am going to have to get used to that snoring too.

Charlie blushed at the thought and padded off to the bathroom. He took care of business and then grabbed a hot shower. The heat felt good and as he looked in his shower mirror to shave he noticed that Scott had left a few reminders from last night.

“Oh crap. I have hickeys,” he muttered to himself. I can’t even remember the last time I had them never mind gave a hickey. Tina would have flipped out at me if I had left any on her.

Charlie had just finished washing the last of the shampoo from his hair when he heard a thump behind him.

Charlie blushed as he realized Scott could see his ass. After last night he should have felt completely comfortable but he was still adjusting. He still didn’t know what made him so bold to ask Scott to stay anyway. Keeping his back to Scott, Charlie reached for his towel only to have Scott place it in his hand and lean in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Morning, handsome.”

“Morning.”

“Regretting last night?”

Charlie could hear the worry behind the quick question.

“Not in the way you fear. Let’s say I regret not being as prepared as I should have been.” Charlie blushed as he admitted this to Scott.

Scott laughed out loud.

“Well care to join me for my shower then?”

Charlie paused and really looked Scott over in the light. He noted the strong curve of shoulders and the taut muscles that formed his chest. He had spent a great deal of time last night exploring that chest and Scott’s perk nipples. Charlie had been fascinated with the thick covering of chest hair that seemed to only pause when they reached his dark brown nipples. Those he had learned last night were very easy to awaken and that Scott enjoyed having them played with.

“Charlie? Are you going to join me?” Scott asked again and broke Charlie out of his reverie.

“No. You go grab your shower. I’m going to go get our breakfast started.”

Scott looked disappointed.

“I think you might have more fun in here with me.”

“Oh, I think I might too. However this way I know we won’t get carried away. Besides I have to make sure you eat something. What time do you have to be at the book-store today anyway?”

“Spoilsport. Having to remind me of work,” Scott teased as he stepped naked into the shower. Turning on the water and reaching back to grab Charlie’s body soap he called over his shoulder, “I’ve got to be into the store by nine am.”

Charlie looked through the bathroom door and could see the clock on his nightstand announcing it was now seven forty eight am. Scott had about a half hour till he had to be at work.

“I’ll race out there and cook you something so you don’t go into work hungry.”

Charlie started to head out as Scott began to sing the opening lines from Billy Joel’s Scenes from an Italian Restaurant. Charlie smiled and paused a moment to listen as Scott’s deep voice soared with the song he was singing.

Pulling on a clean pair of shorts, Charlie rushed out to the dryer. He pulled out Scott’s clothes and walked them back to the bedroom. He pulled out his clothing steamer to get the wrinkles out of Scott’s shirt. If I hadn’t allowed myself to get so damn distracted his shirt would never have gotten this wrinkled. I really need to control myself better. In just a few moments the shirt hung wrinkle free.

Charlie went back out to the kitchen to figure out breakfast. Checking through things he figured he better keep it simple. He scrambled up a few eggs, added some milk, cheese, some ham left from Wednesday’s lunch, a little chopped onion, and some salt and pepper. While the omelet cooked he tossed up some bread for toast and then started up his coffee maker.

“Yum, that smells good, Charlie. I have to keep you around. You cook really well and if I am not careful you are going to make me fat.” Scott announced as he strode from the bedroom buttoning up his shirt.

Charlie just smiled and tried to concentrate on cooking breakfast.

Scott walked up and hugged him from behind. Charlie could smell his body wash and that little something that smelled naturally of Scott. Scott nuzzled his neck until Charlie shooed him away.

“Go sit down. Coffee is done; Orange Juice is in the fridge if you want it. The omelet will be done in a minute or so for us.”

“Okay, so you like your coffee light, right?”

“Paying attention were you?”

Scott laughed again. He nodded and poured out two cups of coffee. He made them both up a cup and took them to the table. Once he had them in place he walked back into the kitchen and began to open cabinets.

“What on earth are you looking for?”

“Your glasses. You said you had Orange Juice. I can’t very well pour it into my coffee now can I?”

“You know you could have asked,” Charlie said trying to stifle a laugh. He walked over to the corner cabinet and pulled out two drinking glasses, handing them over to Scott.

“I could but then I wouldn’t have the chance to see you move around in your element to get them for me. Besides when you reached for them I got to see how nice a butt you really have.” Scott winked at Charlie and the smirk on his face told the story completely.

Charlie shook his head and turned back to the food. Carefully, he took the folded omelet, cut it in half with his spatula, and then slid them neatly on to the plates he had laid out. The toast he put onto another plate and then he carried the three plates over to the table. Scott sat down as Charlie went back to grab the butter and peach jelly out of the fridge.

“Charlie, you do realize it is just the two of us? My god, how much did you make?”

“I just wanted to make sure you went in with a full stomach. Nothing is worse than getting hungry hours before you can get something to eat. Besides I bet your store is going to be packed with customers. You know so many of the kids will be there to get something new to read. I personally suggest that in addition to the book you had selected some of them might enjoy the collection of fairy tales you have from all over the world. That seemed to excite a lot of the kids. The parents have asked what books might work best to keep their children’s interest in reading. We really will have to sit down and figure this all out, Scott.”

“Hmm,” Scott murmured around a mouthful of the omelet.

Charlie shook his head. Scott just smiled and was happily eating his way through the omelet. He paused only long enough to grab a slice of toast and butter it up.

“Well you could come to work with me today. We could figure it all out and then do lunch.”

“You mean I could figure it all out and then watch as you dump the store into Julie and Nick’s hands.”

“Well, I wouldn’t exactly call it dumping, Charlie.” Scott tried his best to look hurt but he couldn’t keep the smile completely off his face.

“Nah. The school is closed down till Monday. If you want, I’ll swing by then.”

“Wait a minute. You mean I have to wait till Monday to see you again?”

“No, I said I would come down to the store till Monday. I never said I wouldn’t see you till Monday.”

Scott smiled and sat back in his chair.

“How about you meet me tonight at the store?”

“I am not doing the work tonight, Scott.”

“No, silly. I figure we can do dinner and I can show you my place.”

Charlie stopped moving, the fork was half way to his mouth. He put the food down and looked over at Scott.

“Your place? I’ve never been to your place.”

“Duh. Why do you think I am suggesting it? I’ve intruded into your place more than once now. I figured you might like to see where I live.”

Charlie paused before answering. Of course I want to know what your place looks like. I mean it is one way to get to know you! However, if anything goes to happen between us will I be as comfortable at your place? The thoughts raced through his head before he smiled.

“Of course I would love to see your place. It will give me a chance to see what you like.”

“You mean it will give you a chance to snoop.”

“That too,” Charlie said with a laugh.

Scott smiled and grabbed his coffee. The two finished their breakfast in comfortable silence. Charlie could barely keep the smile off his face. He enjoyed how Scott didn’t try to tell him what to do or ask a lot of questions about things. Scott simply let Charlie take the lead sometimes but mostly he was content to let Charlie follow at a pace he felt comfortable with. Here Charlie didn’t feel he had to try harder to make Scott feel good. Scott just seemed to accept Charlie for who he was.

Charlie was so lost in thought he didn’t notice at first that Scott had gotten up and put his dishes in the sink.

“Hey, you can leave that. I will take care of it all later. Off of work today, remember?”

“I don’t want to leave you with a mess.”

“Don’t worry; I think I can handle a few dishes.” Charlie shook his head and chuckled.

“I like when you do that,” Scott huskily whispered.

Charlie stopped and looked at Scott. “When I do what?”

“Laugh like that. Your whole face lights up and your nose scrunches up. It is cute.”

Charlie looked around and could only find the dish towel so he tossed it at Scott, who caught it in flight.

“Sorry, Charlie,” he laughed, “but it is really cute.”

“Grrrrr.”

“Aw. Did I upset you?” Scott crossed the short distance to Charlie and soon wrapped him in his arms. He leaned down and passionately kissed him. The kiss took Charlie’s breath away. The kiss would have continued if the phone didn’t choose that moment to ring.

“I better go, Charlie, before I am late.” He planted a more innocent kiss on Charlie’s cheek as he rushed toward the door. “I’ll see you tonight.”

Charlie nodded and tried to gather his wits as he reached for the phone.

“Morning,” Charlie gasped into the phone as he tried to calm his racing heart.

“Charlie, thank god I caught you at home.”

“Maria? What is it? Is something wrong?”

“Dad didn’t call you yet?” Maria asked in a strained voice.

Charlie was getting worried. Maria was never one to panic. Of all his siblings she was the most unflappable of the group. His mother always joked that if there was an earthquake it would move around Maria because it took more effort to move her than to go around.

“Maria, I love you dearly but if you don’t tell me what is wrong I’m going to strangle you.”

There was silence on the phone for a moment before Maria spoke.

“God, you sounded just like her now.”

“Sounded like whom?”

“Mom. Dad called me about ten minutes ago from the hospital. Mom was rushed there with a heart attack.”

“Why the hell didn’t he call me? I live five minutes from it.”

“Well they are already moving her from the local one to Stony Brook Hospital.”

“They took her to the cardiac wing then. I know they have some of the best on Long Island there.” Charlie’s mind was a whirlwind. Who did he need to call? Who would he have to contact?

“Maria, are you coming down?”

“I’m making the phone calls.”

“I’ll take over. Once I’m done contacting everyone I can go right over to the hospital with Dad. Who did you call so far?”

“You.”

“Oh. Do you want me to call Joan for you?”

“No. I’ll call her. She will probably want to drive down with me.”

Charlie slipped into control mode. He systematically called the rest of the family. Those he couldn’t talk to directly he left messages for. Rick broke down on the phone.

“Oh, shit Charlie. I’ve been such an ass lately. Mom has been all over me. Tonya won’t talk to me half the time. William calls and if I answer the phone it is just one word answers I get from him. Ricky stays half the time over at Wade’s now and Krista just shakes her head. I’ve screwed everything up. I’m so sorry, Charlie. I don’t want anything to happen to Mom. She has to know I am okay with all this.”

Charlie let him babble for a few minutes just getting it all out of his system.

“Rick, you can be an asshole but right now Mom and Dad need us. Just let everyone know. Your family is the one I can’t seem to find at the moment, so it is up to you. Okay?”

“I won’t fail you,” Rick managed to get out between sobs.

“Rick, pull it together. You won’t do anyone any good if you show up in tears. God help you if Mom sees you like that.”

“You’re right. I promise I’ll pull myself together. We’ll be there soon. Do you know what room she is in yet?”

“No. I called Dad’s cell but it is turned off. That is to be expected if he is in the hospital with Mom. They don’t allow cell phones on near any of their sensitive equipment. I’ll be heading out in a few minutes. I’ll call as soon as I know more.”

“Thank you, Charlie. For everything.”

Charlie couldn’t answer. He was fighting to keep from falling apart himself. He simply hung up and raced to get dressed. Three minutes later he was slipping on sneakers and heading out the door of his apartment. As he was climbing into the car the phone rang. Without even looking who it is was, he answered.

“Hello?” Charlie tried to keep calm as he answered in case it was bad news.

“Charlie, how do you feel about Italian tonight?”

“Shit, Scott.”

“That isn’t the romantic answer I was hoping to hear.”

“I’d love to talk but going to have to cut this short. That call I was getting as you left, well it ended up being from Maria. Mom was rushed into the hospital with a heart attack.”

“Is Barbara okay?” The concern was evident in Scott’s voice.

“I don’t know. All I do know is they moved her to Stony Brook.”

“I’ll see you there later then.”

“Scott, you don’t have to do that.”

“The hell I don’t.”

“Thank you, Scott.”

“Charlie, please stop talking to me, get yourself to the hospital already.”

“I will.” Charlie hung up and looked out the window of his car. He felt like crying but didn’t have the time. As he pulled away from the curb a light rain began to fall and a rainbow could be seen.

So Barbara is in the hospital and Charlie has taken over. Just what is going to happen next? Well you have to wait till the next chapter. Questions or comments are always appreciated. Happy points if you liked it. Thanks for reading.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 09/08/2011 02:49 AM, Frostina said:
:( accidents Happen, yes! but but but.. why Barb?? :( Pls let her be okay!!

She IS going to be okay, right??

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. However there are only seven chapters left so you should have your answers pretty quickly Frosty.
Link to comment

The beginning was cute :) but the end is bad :( Poor Barbara! You are an evil evil man devilsmiley.gif

 

And I love when Charlie got to be the boss ;)

Write more

Link to comment
On 09/08/2011 03:42 AM, Elezbed said:
The beginning was cute :) but the end is bad :( Poor Barbara! You are an evil evil man devilsmiley.gif

 

And I love when Charlie got to be the boss ;)

Write more

Looks around innocently. Me? Evil? O:) I never ever promised that things would run smooth. I just promise to try to tie up as many loose ends as possible before the story ends. Glad you are still with me Ele.
Link to comment

I am soo glad you posted this today as I sit in the airport with a delayed flight, so TY TY TY for helping to pass the time. Great story and so glad to see Charlie taking charge of things. Please hurry with the next chapter.

Link to comment
On 09/08/2011 05:44 AM, saintsfan820 said:
I am soo glad you posted this today as I sit in the airport with a delayed flight, so TY TY TY for helping to pass the time. Great story and so glad to see Charlie taking charge of things. Please hurry with the next chapter.
Presently in the writing. Hopefully it will be up shortly Saintsfan. Thanks for the continued read.
Link to comment

Not Barbara! I hope she is okay. The chapter started so warm and fuzzy and ended biting my nails on the edge of my seat...Grrrrr! We need more. Pwease oh pwease don't make us wait too long :(

Link to comment
On 09/08/2011 06:23 AM, K.C. said:
Not Barbara! I hope she is okay. The chapter started so warm and fuzzy and ended biting my nails on the edge of my seat...Grrrrr! We need more. Pwease oh pwease don't make us wait too long :(
I promise I won't. Both my editor and beta are able to help me out so 24 before the end of the week.
Link to comment

Life is a bumpy ride and Charlie has his share. Nice to see Rick Sr. finally getting that family is family. Still, you have us wondering what's up next?

Link to comment
On 09/08/2011 01:28 PM, Daddydavek said:
Life is a bumpy ride and Charlie has his share. Nice to see Rick Sr. finally getting that family is family. Still, you have us wondering what's up next?
Then I am doing my job. Just like life you never know what is around the next corner. Glad you are are still reading and commenting Daddydavek. Hold on tight cause we just have seven chapters left.
Link to comment

You are an evil man, Wayne. Evil, evil, evil. You couldn't, just couldn't let the boy have one nice day without doing something to muck it up. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Remind me to vote for someone else when they're electing God. :P

Link to comment
On 10/16/2011 08:59 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
You are an evil man, Wayne. Evil, evil, evil. You couldn't, just couldn't let the boy have one nice day without doing something to muck it up. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Remind me to vote for someone else when they're electing God. :P
Me? Evil? :lol: I never do more to my Charlie than he can handle. Besides, since when do we elect a god?
Link to comment

If something happens to Barbara, I will be extremely displeased! I could really feel the urgency in the dialogue as well as the narrative. So... NOW I have to read another chapter!

Link to comment
On 02/11/2012 05:43 AM, MidnightMan said:
If something happens to Barbara, I will be extremely displeased! I could really feel the urgency in the dialogue as well as the narrative. So... NOW I have to read another chapter!
Well we all know Charlie's mom is something else. Time will tell what happens.
Link to comment

At this point I have to say "poor everyone", because Barbara is obviously the backbone of this wonderful family. But, hopefully, this will wake Rick up, which it seems maybe it did.

 

So glad Scott called and is aware of what is going on. I think you captured emotions here perfectly, expecially Charlie's.

 

I know I keep saying this, but this is an absolutely wonderful story.

Link to comment
On 11/06/2012 12:45 PM, joann414 said:
At this point I have to say "poor everyone", because Barbara is obviously the backbone of this wonderful family. But, hopefully, this will wake Rick up, which it seems maybe it did.

 

So glad Scott called and is aware of what is going on. I think you captured emotions here perfectly, expecially Charlie's.

 

I know I keep saying this, but this is an absolutely wonderful story.

Barbara really is the backbone of the family. Glad you are enjoying the story. It means a lot that you are commenting.
Link to comment

He may not have time to cry so Mother Nature is doing it for him, but she also gave him a rainbow for a sign of hope. The Matriarch of the family may be down but she can take be out and Charlie steps up to bat.

Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 01:19 PM, Daithi said:
He may not have time to cry so Mother Nature is doing it for him, but she also gave him a rainbow for a sign of hope. The Matriarch of the family may be down but she can take be out and Charlie steps up to bat.
Barbara is a force of her own. To see her out of it leaves everyone reeling. Glad you are enjoying the story.
Link to comment
On 03/16/2014 06:39 PM, Suvitar said:
I hope she´ll be ok. That family needs her :(
You can never be sure of what life will toss in your direction. The Wagners will just have to do the best they can until they know what happens to Barbara.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..