Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 524 Words
  • 1,490 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A prompt a week - 33. Lisa's loss - Prompt 408

What happens when your best friend attacks your younger brother? Lisa is about to find out.

“If you ever threaten him again, I’ll kill you.” Lisa stood angrily between Nick and her younger brother, George, who lay bleeding on the floor. Her own nails were bloody from where she dug them into Nick’s arm to stop him from going after George again.

“He ain’t worth it.” Nick lowered his fists and looked at Lisa with disgust. Blood dripped off the scratches on his arms and his knuckles were already beginning to swell.

“Sure, you say that after you punched him the face. He is six years younger than you! You are just an ass.” Lisa was so angry she was shaking. She looked at Nick one more time and then turned back to her brother.

“I’m going to be okay Lisa. Honest.” George stopped and spit, a tooth coming out when he did.

“Oh fuck. Mom is going to have a stroke.” Lisa bent down and picked up the tooth. “Come on I have to pack this in ice and get you right to the dentist.”

“Do we have to?” George looked up at Lisa, tears in his eyes.

“Yes, we do. Your face is already swollen. We need to get you to the dentist. You just got your braces off. The dentist needs to see you right away. You don’t want to get them back on do you?”

The color drained from George’s face as he shook his head no.

“Come on hurry up. I have to call Mom and the dentist.”

Lisa led her brother to the car and tried not to think of the fight. She still couldn’t believe Nick had punched her brother like that. Just one more thing she was going to have to try to smooth over with her mother.

“Mom, look, George was in a fight and got hit. A tooth was knocked out. … Yes, I have it. … No, I’m taking him there now. Just call them and let them know. … Yes, I’ll fill you in later.”

“Is she mad?” George’s voice was barely a whisper and hard to understand with how his face was swelling up.

“Don’t worry about it, George.”

Lisa tried not to get upset as she drove George to the dentist.

How could Nick do that? She knew George was awestruck with Nick. George had known Nick his whole life. He’d been her best friend for years, but she never expected him to get violent when George said he loved him and tried to hug him. He was twelve years old and that was that. She’d use a baseball bat if she had to, to keep George safe.

“Sowwy Lisa. I dint mean to make him mad.” George mumbled as he sat in the car. His lip was swollen now too.

“Don’t worry about it George. I’m just going to get you checked out. Things between Nick and I will work out or they won’t. Not your problem.” Lisa tried to smile at George, but a part of her heart was breaking. What would she do without her best friend? They had known each other since preschool. Her parents were going to kill him.

Taken from prompt 408 which asked you to use “If you ever threaten him again, I’ll kill you.” as the first line.

So what did you think? Comments and thoughts are always welcome.
Copyright © 2017 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Poor George. :( Lisa's a great big sister sticking up for him like that. Nick has some serious issues if that's how he reacts to a 12 year old telling him he loves him. I'd love to hear the conversation between Lisa and Nick when she confronts him on it.

Link to comment
On 04/20/2015 04:16 AM, Valkyrie said:
Poor George. :( Lisa's a great big sister sticking up for him like that. Nick has some serious issues if that's how he reacts to a 12 year old telling him he loves him. I'd love to hear the conversation between Lisa and Nick when she confronts him on it.
Yeah sometimes things go wrong and Nick seriously went ape. Lisa will be getting back to him, but her parents might get there first.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..