Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 579 Words
  • 1,241 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Inspired by - 3. Prompt 34 - Scary Teacher

Okay so I've lived a wild type of life and have some odd things to pull from. This prompt asks you to write about a scary encounter with a teacher. Here goes nothing.

As I stood face to face with the woman in front of me I realized that I was in trouble. She was confident, strong, and nearly half my size. Anyone who says strength belongs to those who are large in size has never met anyone like Cassandra. The woman was the definition of control but then again she was also the sensei here.

When you are a slender little kid being beaten up every time you turn around occasionally someone will decide you need to defend yourself. I was more in the camp of learning to be a very, very fast runner. I’d learned early on that bruises don’t happen if you can’t be caught. Of course I also forgot the bully code, where there is one, there is many.

My mother decided she had seen enough bruises; blood stains, and scrapes on me and my clothing so she put me into a karate class. For a kid who never did pushups or liked to do much physical work this was pure hell. Three times a week I slid into my gi and went to class. I had a hard time doing the pushups but was grateful I was still in the young adult class where we did regular pushups. The adults I had seen doing the same classes after us did the pushups on their knuckles.

I learned my kata’s from Sensei Arnold but occasionally Sensei Cassandra showed up to see how things were going. She was faster and a lot more demanding then her male counterpart. I managed to get through the class after a few months. I earned my white belt with yellow tips. Once you had gotten your green tips, the green belt was the next that you had to earn. Well the night before our test for the new belt, Sensei Cassandra showed up in class. We were all told to keep doing our katas and not to stop while our two Sensei’s wandered around the room. Sensei would wander up behind a student and when the turned would move into the fighting position so that when we blocked in a kata we really had to block.

If you have ever had a black cloud follow you around you know my life story then. At a certain point you are suppose to turn and punch. I did exactly as every other student in the dojo did. I turned and punched and decked Sensei Cassandra right in the face and knocked her out. I remember feeling suddenly sick. Sensei Arnold checked her out, and he explained to a room full of kids that while our katas were thought of as exercises they also prepared us to defend ourselves. He went on to state that I had performed the move perfectly and it was Sensei Cassandra’s fault for not doing the block that our kata had required.

When Sensei Cassandra regained consciousness she laughed the whole thing off to the class. As I was sitting by myself feeling horrible she wandered past and paused. “We are moving you up to the adult classes, and next time you are mine to work with,” she told me softly as I noted the black eye that forming.

Needless to say I never went back to class. Amazing what happens to you when you don’t pay attention as a teacher, or God forbid you should accidently follow through on your lessons.

Okay so again I have something from my past up here. So what do you think? Did I accomplish the goal Lugh set? Comments are as usual always welcome.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ehm, I'm not sure you did achieve the prompt ... but I'm sure as hell glad you didn't.

 

You were scared of this woman for the wrong reasons, but in fact, you had learnt what you needed to, not to be scared of the bullies. I say that's a success all round. I think that tour fear forced you to recognise that you no longer needed to fear thosenwho would try to make you weaker, therefore you didn't need to be involved with somebody who was going to frighten you in the process of making you stronger ... or I wonder if I ain't just talking shite here, now that I think about it again :D

 

I don't know why, though, but for some reason I found myself very visually immersed in this story, which is a good thing is such a short piece.

Link to comment
On 07/21/2011 07:55 AM, Dannsar said:
Ehm, I'm not sure you did achieve the prompt ... but I'm sure as hell glad you didn't.

 

You were scared of this woman for the wrong reasons, but in fact, you had learnt what you needed to, not to be scared of the bullies. I say that's a success all round. I think that tour fear forced you to recognise that you no longer needed to fear thosenwho would try to make you weaker, therefore you didn't need to be involved with somebody who was going to frighten you in the process of making you stronger ... or I wonder if I ain't just talking shite here, now that I think about it again :D

 

I don't know why, though, but for some reason I found myself very visually immersed in this story, which is a good thing is such a short piece.

Well glad you got the visuals and it had an impact for you. These writing prompts do get your thought processes going.
Link to comment

I don't know about the prompt. Actually, I don't follow them. But I can say that you showcased your past quite well. More depth would have been excellent for the story but it's not bad either. I mean, there's only so much that you can write with three hundred words.

Link to comment
On 08/17/2011 03:38 AM, Michael9344 said:
I don't know about the prompt. Actually, I don't follow them. But I can say that you showcased your past quite well. More depth would have been excellent for the story but it's not bad either. I mean, there's only so much that you can write with three hundred words.
Well the prompt wanted you to write about a bad encounter with a teacher. I figured this qualified.
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

LOL. Was she a scary teacher and this was a memory, yep. I liked it, a lot!! A bit of a hint to make it easier for the readers to understand the prompt, trying posting it in the chapter notes so they can read it in the story details before they click on the prompt 'story' in each chapter.

Link to comment
On 08/18/2011 02:42 AM, Cia said:
LOL. Was she a scary teacher and this was a memory, yep. I liked it, a lot!! A bit of a hint to make it easier for the readers to understand the prompt, trying posting it in the chapter notes so they can read it in the story details before they click on the prompt 'story' in each chapter.
Thanks Cia. I will go back and do that. Although now it should be more fun since I will be writing the prompts. lol
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..