Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 490 Words
  • 893 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Inspired by - 8. Prompt 19 - Marvin's Party

The prompt required the use of five words - box, sky, earth, green, and shirt. The rest was up to me. So I took these words and created a little tale I call, Marvin's Party. Enjoy

Marvin sat looking out at the sky watching the small lacey snowflakes cover the dark brown earth. He was a bit depressed seeing as how it was his birthday and with the snow falling no one would be able to make his birthday party.

“Marv, where are you little guy?” called out his father from downstairs.

“Here, Dad,” he called out as he shuffled out of his room into the hallway.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s snowing, Dad. No one will be able to come if it snows!” Marv stood pouting at the top step.

“Aww, don’t worry Marv. It is early yet. Your party isn’t till noon and it is barely eight now. Besides it was only supposed to be a passing snow squall.”

“Squall?” questioned Marv. His brow was twisted up as he tried to figure out the meaning of the word.

“Storm, Marv. Just a short passing storm,” said his father as moved toward the dining room.

Marvin headed downstairs as he spotted the large gift box wrapped up in ribbon already sitting on the table.

“Is that mine?”

“Yup, it is from your Grandmother Nina. She sent it for your birthday.”

“Ted, is Marv in with you?”

“Yes, dear. He is looking at the box from your mother.”

“Don’t let him open it till later, Ted.”

“Jackie, relax. You know he won’t open anything till later,” said Ted as he winked at his son.

“What is Mom doing?”

“She is frosting your cake.”

“She is? Did she make me my favorite green icing?”

“Why don’t you go find out?”

Marvin ran as fast as his little feet would carry him sliding across the kitchen floor to stop by counter where his mother stood near a long cake.

“Wondered how long it would take you to finally sniff out the cake,” Jackie said as she covered the last inch of cake with the icing. “All I have left to do is write ‘Happy Birthday’ on it.”

“Mom, can I lick the rest of the icing out of the bowl?”

“As long as you don’t get any on your shirt, Marv. Why you insist on wearing something white is beyond me?”

Marvin took the bowl to the table but as he was sitting down he looked back out the window and seen the snow had stopped.

“Mom, Dad, it stopped snowing. My party is going to happen, my party is going to happen,” he yelled running through the house.

“Next year, Ted, we are going to Chunky Cheese or something. That boy is going to blow out my ear drums if we do this again at home.”

Ted smiled and hugged his wife as he watched his rambunctious son run around happily still announcing that his party was going to happen.

As usual I hope you enjoyed. Leave a message to let me know what you think. Happy Points are always appreciated.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/15/2011 03:34 PM, Frostina said:
Awwwwwwwww... ^_^ sooo wonderful! :)
I thought it would work well. Simple joys.
Link to comment
On 08/17/2011 04:28 AM, Michael9344 said:
Awww. Now you made feel bad for not having a birthday party...
I think this is what we all want. The party, the cake, and lots of presents to open. I do have a thing for gatherings in my stories. :lol:
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..