Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Void In My Heart - 13. FREE FALL

The dynamics between Joey and Felix were changing and changing real fast. On one hand, Felix was treating the boy just like he used to treat other teens and on the other, Joey's mind was taking a constant beating from his heart as he felt strongly for the doctor. He would always come with one or the other reason to meet doctor frequently and whenever he saw Felix interacting with other boys, he made sure that he was part of the conversation. His behavior might not have been noticed by the doctor, but it didn’t go unnoticed as far as Meg was concerned.

She was sitting on a bench and watching Joey play with other teens. After the game, Joey saw Meg and came running towards her.

“Hey, how you’ve been?” Joey asked.

“I am doing very well, but you sure you are okay?” Meg asked raising one of her brows.

“Absolutely okay, but what made you ask in such a manner?” Joey was confused.

“Well, you are a good actor but your acting skills don’t come in handy when you are interacting with me lover boy,” Meg chuckled.

“Acting? Lover boy? What are you talking about?” Joey asked in a bewildered manner.

“Joey, I have been noticing how you are making attempts to stay close to Dr. Felix. Whether we meet for dinner or lunch, he is the topic of your conversation. You seem like you are in a love bubble. The praises you shower on him, the look on your face when he is interacting with other boys, sums it up. Admit it. You do love him, no matter how many times you deny saying it,” she knew that Joey was falling hard for the doctor.

“Well…yeah…I do talk about him most of the time and I like him. Having said that, I don’t think it is love. You girls always like gossips and make any random story to satisfy your platter,” the boy shrugged.

“Wow! I am amazed to hear your viewpoint. When I am listening to all of that lovey-dovey talk, I am your best friend. The moment I try to bring sense to the overall scene between you and Dr. Felix, I become a typical girl! Okay, we will see how soon this story comes true. The day you confess your true feelings, get ready to receive one kick on your butt,” Meg smirked.

“Hah! In your dreams Meg,” Joey grinned. “Anyways, I will see you at dinner and then we will discuss about the cupid in your life,” he waved at Meg and returned to his dorm.

Though he tried to convince his best friend that everything was normal and his feelings for Felix were not taking a romantic angle, the truth was, he was himself not convinced. He just wanted to enjoy the good time he was having being the doctor’s friend. At the same time, he was eager to know what feelings Felix had for him. Joey thought “Even though, he had leant forward to unwind the lockets in the car, but his gaze for a few seconds said something else. The way he looked at me for a few seconds, it seemed like he wanted to say something but could not. Is he also afraid of letting out whatever is there in his heart?”

He studied a novel for some time and then had some rest before the dinner. He met Meg in the dining hall as they took opposite seats. Meg pointed to the vacant seat beside the boy. “Oh! Felix will sit here” Joey replied.

“My bad. I should have known that the seat is reserved for your…” Meg took a pause which irked Joey as he frowned. Then she said “your friend, um, Dr. Felix.” The boy’s reactions were amusing to Meg who was having a hard time controlling her laughter. Soon, the doctor came and as expected, sat beside Joey who was starry eyed as if some celebrity was dining with him. Meg rolled her curls with one finger as she smirked at her best friend.

“Hey Meg, how are you doing? And how is Catherine? Haven’t seen her since some months,” the doctor asked the girl who stopped smirking.

“I am good and she is also happy with her family. Every time we talk, she sends her regards to you. After all, you have done so much for our family,” Meg replied courteously.

“I feel good whenever I can help someone,” Dr. Felix was modest as always.

“I am glad that still there are people like you who are keeping humanity alive,” Joey couldn’t stop himself from praising the doctor. Meg raised her brows as she looked at the boy who was still looking at the doctor. They all chatted and had a nice time at the dining hall. Meg knew that it was not a one sided affair as the doctor also complimented Joey about how he had been so amicable lately. She decided to leave them alone and said she had to complete some assignment.

Felix and Joey decided to take a stroll through the center’s garden. For some moments, none of them could say anything as silence occupied the space. Felix finally broke the ice by asking Joey whether he could see changes in himself. Joey smiled and counter questioned, “what do you think doctor?” He looked back at Joey and said, “well, I do see change in you and trust me, I’ve never seen anyone make such rapid progress so far in my career.” The boy felt happy and his smile said it all.

“All this has been possible just because of your efforts and thanks for bearing with my tantrums in the early days,” Joey expressed his gratitude. The doctor stopped, looked at Joey, smiled and then said “I am glad you are okay now.” With that, he pulled in Joey for a hug. Though the boy was surprised, but he liked the embrace. The hug lasted longer than usual, only to be interrupted by doctor’s cell phone. Felix ruffled Joey's hair and wished him good night. As Joey returned to his dorm, he could not get the image of the hug out of his head. The doctor, too, wasn’t at peace either. He told himself that the hug meant nothing and it was just a friendly gesture as he cared about Joey. At the same time, he was feeling as if his heart was belying his thoughts. It was a clear indication that the feelings were mutual. Only thing remaining was confession, but it wasn’t going to be an easy path to the final call.

Copyright © 2015 CreativeRomantic; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..