Jump to content

Return With Honor

   (1 review)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Every young man in the Mormon Church is expected to give up two years of his life to preach the gospel wherever he is called. Some make this decision because they believe in the message, some do it because they are expected to, some do it out of a sense of duty, and some are trying to escape the real world for a while. Whatever the reason, being gay and being a Mormon missionary is no easy feat.

div>Disclaimer: Although some of you may know that I served as a missionary for the Mormon church in South Korea during my youth, the characters in this story are fictional, and any similarities to anyone alive or dead is entirely coincidental. Some of the events in this story did happen to real people I knew and served with, or even happened to me, but otherwise this story is a work of fiction, and should be received as such.
 
There is a forum topic to discuss terms that are a part of Mormon culture that may be unfamiliar to some of the readers, as well as anything about the story in general. You can find it here:http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/40639-return-with-honor-by-cynus/

 
Copyright © 2015 Cynus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Signature Author
  • 08/05/2015 (Updated: 10/21/2015)
  • 12 Chapters
  • 53,120 Words
  • 30,840 Views
  • 133 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cane23

  

Exploring deep into the Mormon religion and organization of LDS church, author tells amazing story about four boys preparing to go on a missionary trip to South Korea. Coming from a different background, with different fears, insecurities and life paths, boys are searching for salvation and answers to their dilemmas through church doctrine and canons. Instead of salvation through religion, they find salvation in love, friendship and self-acceptance. 

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..