Jump to content

Ticking

   (1 review)
Genres: Mystery, Romance

Sean is moving up in the world, academically, but he's off to a rough start with a bully and a fight in the first day. He hopes to hide his humble beginnings, but quickly finds himself in the middle of romance and murder that leaves little room for secrets.

Copyright © 2015 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BigBen

· Edited by BigBen

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a very intense story about neglected and abused children, even though they don't all appear to be, at first sight.  It is well worth a read; I've just finished it for the second time and am even more impressed than I was the first time through.  Even knowing the ending, it still packed a wallop when I got there.

The author has paid great attention to detail all the way through, and his foreshadowing is perfect.  Each step in the story unfolds with precision, inevitability, and utmost believability.  The main characters have, by and large, suffered enormously, a pain portrayed unflinchingly by the author, and which is not mitigated by the boys' fortunate circumstances.  The callousness, neglect, and outright abuse inflicted on them can be painful to read about, but I urge anyone who takes up this story to read it all the way through, if at all possible.  The subject matter may be grim, in some ways, but there are also moments of grace and humor, perhaps even redemption.  Not all is gloom; there is also great love shown, which gives real hope of healing.

Response from the author:

That's quite a powerful review. Thank you, BigBen, for taking the time to write a review.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..