Jump to content
    Daddydavek
  • Author
  • 1,818 Words
  • 3,748 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dean Warner Intrigues - 13. Moving day

Chapter 13 Moving day

 

It was six in the morning on Friday, August 10, 2007. Dean's alarm sounded it's usual aggravating buzz and he swatted it, yawned, mumbled something grumpy and got out of bed. He had returned to sleeping in the nude after the surveillance ended and padded into his bathroom to take care of business. By half past six he was sitting in the kitchen drinking some coffee and waiting for John who had taken the day off. Dean had decided to rent a U-Haul van for his stuff and it was packed and waiting on the driveway. John would drive it and Dean would follow in his car. The plan was for John to drive it back and turn it in later this evening. John arrived in his car and parked on the street.

As he got to the front door, Sadie gave a sharp bark of welcome and was wagging her tail and almost dancing. Sadie had become a regular part of the household and really made up to Debbie, Dean and John. She especially liked when they took her back to the park and let her run. She also liked going with Bob and Mike and their dog Max. The first couple of times they ran and played together Max got a little too physical and the little lady wasn't shy about nipping him and giving him a warning bark when he bumped her or played too rough. He settled down quickly as he soon learned she would not take anything from him.

Debbie heard the dog and got up to see them off. She was somewhat more emotional than she wanted to let on to Dean. For his part Dean was somewhat emotional too as well as being excited. Travel cups of coffee were prepared and John and Dean hugged Debbie, scratched Sadie behind her ears and were off. Dean pulled out of the driveway following the van driven by John. He glanced at the front door to see mom and dog sitting there looking a little forlorn. He honked and waved and Debbie waved and Sadie started barking. And they were off just before seven in the morning.

The road trip was uneventful. Dean rehashed in his own mind the past couple of weeks which had been a roller coaster. The police had been unable to identify the shooter. The shooter's fingerprints had failed to be matched in the FBI database or the Department of Defense. The man was unknown. He had no identification and they were unable to get any lead on who he was, where he came from or who had hired him. Bob and Mike had told him that they discovered a signal booster device in the attic on the side next to the Warner house and the police and FBI thought that Mr. Weiss had hacked into their cable router and was using the Warner's connection to the internet. The computer stuff they took after Weiss was killed was still being investigated. The cipher key given to the police at the time of the reading of the Will was a key to be used in connection with the chip recovered from the hollowed out bullet and it was still under investigation by the FBI lab people as well. The level of encryption was layered and beyond anything the experts had ever seen. However, it did appear that Weiss did not give up his projects in that field of expertise and the FBI was investigating from several angles.

The publicity after the shooter was killed was fairly intense for a while. The police had released a statement to the press indicating that the man killed was in fact the person who had confronted Dean and John earlier and had returned. It was only through luck that the house next to the Warner's had been rented to a couple of guys on the force and they had been awakened by shots and had been able to shoot the shooter. It was all a cover story, as they did not want to go into particulars. The furor had barely died down. Dean was glad to be getting away from it all. He was also glad that the two policemen had decided to stay and live next door and that his mom had gotten a dog.

They pulled up in front of Dean's dorm at quarter to nine. Dean grabbed his card key and his laptop and joined John who said, “let's check out the room first before we start carrying everything in, ok?” “Yeah, sounds like a plan.” Dean replied as they entered the building. Dean's room was on the ground floor and down a corridor to their left with the door on the far left hand side. Dean opened the door and found the common space was already well furnished with a couple of couches and a big screen TV hanging on the wall. Below it, he saw a Wii and a Sony Playstation on an equipment rack with several game controllers and wands.

The room was reasonably neat and clean. They called out to see if anyone was in, but got no reply. He checked his paperwork and found he was in pod “D” but he peeked in the other rooms and noted that “A” and “B” which shared the bathroom on that side both looked like a tornado had come through. Clothes were strewn everywhere and none of them looked particularly clean. Neither bed was made and both rooms smelled vaguely of dirty socks. Dean then peeked in room “C” and found it was neat as a pin. The bed was made. A nice area carpet was on the floor and the desk was tidy, as was the bookshelf above it. 'Thank God' Dean thought to himself, 'this is the guy with whom I have to share a bathroom.'

John watched Dean's facial expressions and could tell exactly what he was thinking and just smiled. Dean's room was bare. The closet doors were open and it looked clean but Spartan. He set his laptop down on the desk along with his packet of papers and said, “well let's get started. I think we should bring in the rug first.” And so it began. The rug, the mini-fridge, with the microwave for on top were brought in and then they began on his clothes, books he brought from home, his printer and some posters. The bedding was all in a sack and they made the bed which was only a long single. The window had shutters which opened and were room darkening. Dean looked at his room and decided he needed a lamp for his desk. He had purchased a new clock radio alarm and also wondered if he should pick up a small flat panel TV as he was not into gaming and was used to checking out the news in the morning. He had unpacked his bathroom accessories and towels and found the bathroom was spotless and neatly organized with space for his stuff. He thanked the fates for a neat suite mate but then hoped he wasn't going to be too anal and a problem in the other direction.

About noon, they decided it was time to go eat and they took Dean's car to a place in town that John liked from his student days that served great pizza. They split a large deluxe garbage pizza which had both Italian sausage and pepperoni toppings along with black olives, red and green peppers, onions, and mushrooms., With extra cheese it was a real pie. John ordered a pitcher of beer and a couple of glasses and Dean didn't say anything, he just chowed down. It was off campus but appeared to be a campus hangout. Since it was five days before the beginning of the semester, there were few students but a lot of business types enjoying lunch. Dean had arrived as soon as possible because while he was not a freshman, he was new to campus and needed to go through orientation.

After lunch they went to Dean's rental locker and picked up all his books and supplies he had bought in July and stored in the locker and then turned in the key. They brought back everything and Dean arranged his bookcase and desk. No one was in the pod except the two of them and of course, being young and perpetually horny, they decided to take advantage. They tried out Dean's bed, his new rug and even the larger couch in the common room. They liked kissing a lot and were into sucking and frottage and had not discussed anal sex. Dean was entirely inexperienced in that regard and John had not suggested it nor gave any indication of an interest. Although each seemed to enjoy a fingered pucker. After each had orgasmed three times, they were ready for the shower. The shower was just big enough for the both of them as long as they didn't mind touching continuously. They finished and dried off and Dean lent John some clean underwear and they got dressed.

Dean followed John in the van to the Longhorn Steakhouse on South College Mall Road. They had a dinner salad, steaks, fries and lots of iced tea. John was driving home that evening so they took their time and enjoyed their meal as they talked about what they each had to do the following week. Dean of course was going to learn his way around campus, scope out the best routes to his classes and attend orientation. He was of course anxious to meet his pod mates. John had a full calendar scheduled for him and they wouldn't be able to get together until next Saturday. He also had a family obligation to attend the next day at his grandfather's. It was undecided whether Dean was coming home or John was coming to visit on the next weekend. That would be decided later in the week and discussed by phone or text message.

In the parking lot, they exchanged hugs and John got into the rented van and drove off as Dean got into his car and headed back to his dorm. When he got there it was pretty quiet as it was not a freshman dorm and he still had not seen much of anyone. He went into the pod common room and turned on the big screen TV and found a movie to watch. At ten he got a call from John saying he got home fine and had turned in the van and was now snug in his bed. John said he was glad to be driving his own car again as the van drove like a truck. Dean smiled and they talked for a while longer and then they ended the call with promises to be in touch.

2012, Daddydavek; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 18
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yawn - :P

I mean after all the mayhem of the last few chapters this was pretty sedate. But you're still teasing us, no ID, no prints, no nothing. The shooter was a nobody who was a professional killer. Why do I think this is not yet over and the remaining chapters will not be champagne and caviar?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/23/2012 11:26 PM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
Yawn - :P

I mean after all the mayhem of the last few chapters this was pretty sedate. But you're still teasing us, no ID, no prints, no nothing. The shooter was a nobody who was a professional killer. Why do I think this is not yet over and the remaining chapters will not be champagne and caviar?

"Why do I think this is not yet over and the remaining chapters will not be champagne and caviar?"

 

Well there are 11 more chapters to go so that is always a good clue. Hopefully I can keep you interested...

Link to comment

Wow, eleven more chapters? I can't wait. For some stupid reason, I thought you were fixing to end this abruptly.

Feel a little sad for John and Dean being separated, but anxious to meet Dean's roomie.

So, still no i.d. on the shooter. That's ok. I am enjoying the hell out of this story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2012 07:11 AM, joann414 said:
Wow, eleven more chapters? I can't wait. For some stupid reason, I thought you were fixing to end this abruptly.

Feel a little sad for John and Dean being separated, but anxious to meet Dean's roomie.

So, still no i.d. on the shooter. That's ok. I am enjoying the hell out of this story.

I'm really glad you are enjoying the story! I did a lot of research on IU and have not received any complaints about the description of the campus or facilities.
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

A nice change of pace in this chapter from all of the previous chaos.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/12/2015 12:09 PM, Reader1810 said:

A nice change of pace in this chapter from all of the previous chaos.

Going away to college is an important step in anyone's life and for Dean it may be an escape from all the intrigue....

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..