Jump to content
    Deathboi69
  • Author
  • 789 Words
  • 1,515 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rays of the moon - 3. Chapter 3:Everything comes to be, because of the father I am

I hope you guys like this one :)

Richard was and is a very prominent man. Where he lives, some would say he gives strength to the community and is well respected. The truth is he was just a wolf in sheep’s clothing, trying to keep the people he calls his friends and family safe just like anyone else would do.

The group he was now in charge of was once something Richard’s father was in charge of. However because of blood line and with the help of Mother Nature Richard was born an alpha, just like every other first son born before and after him. Back then the pack was very small just shy of five members, but now Richard was given control because of his father’s passing.

The group known as the wolf pack started to grow to 20 members and soon the pack would grow to be 21 members because of his son a noble firstborn who would someday be the new leader when he passed on but there were complications. The woman who gave birth to Richard’s son was human and like all tragic love story’s they fell in love in high school which ended in a very drawn out divorce when his son turned 12. His father tried to warn him that wolves and humans can’t mix when love is involved, because they were born enemies. But as all children do, he rebelled and tried to go with it anyway which went pretty well for 12 years. To be truthful there love still grew strong they just for some reason could not handle the presence of each other so for the sake of their son they split up. The negative side about Richard not being able to raise his son was Tanner never got to learn he was a wolf, which would of greatly given Tanner an advantage when he shifted for his first full moon. However, Tanner ended up alone and his father blamed himself harshly for not remembering it was Tanner’s 17th birthday. He should have known! Tanner kept saying he was sick but Richard thought nothing about it when he left for a pack meeting. As a father, it was his duty to coach his son through what some would say is the most painful process to all wolves, that being their first shift. Tanner was alone and did not know what was going on so he struggled against a mighty force, namely his inner wolf.

When Richard came home he knew something was wrong his house looked like a tornado went off in the living room leaving a trail of damaged furniture and house hold appliances leading directly to his son’s room. What Richard found in that room was a wolf filed with rage and pain. He knew it had to be his son, but for some reason he would not respond to his name. Then it hit Richard like a tone of brick’s, his father once told him that wolves that do not get coached could lose themselves in the shift.

Richard felt sick to his stomach. His mistake helped his son in forgetting who he was. That is a fear for all parents, losing that light they hold dear. He had to stop him and only knew one way how.

He shifted half wolf-half man, and wrestled his son to the ground letting his son thrash and try to fight back as he was pinned down to the ground. Richard wept tears for his son as he held him down till he wore out which took till sun up. Richard kept crying that day even after Tanner shifted back and was tucked in bed. How could he have failed his son in such a way? All Richard knew was he would make it up soon.

When Tanner finally woke up, it was with an ear shattering scream that made Richard rush to the room to see what the matter was, only to learn that his son hade amnesia. He dreaded the phone call that day with his ex-wife. She yelled and screamed and told him he was an unfit parent, but she later retracted, saying she was sorry when she heard Richard break down emotionally, he was broken and sobbing.

These memories have been haunting Richard since it happened, but that all changed when he found out his son wanted to visit a little longer. He jumped up for joy knowing that this week would bring back his little boy because his visit landed on his next shift and another full moon. All of this runs through Richards head as he watches his son sleep in the passenger’s seat of his jeep, which is on its way back to the place Richard called home.

I am still in search for an editor and a Beta :)
Copyright © 2012 Deathboi69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..