Jump to content
    dianjin
  • Author
  • 427 Words
  • 2,066 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

French Touch v2.0 - Prologue. Prologue

I wasn't off the plane yet, and already I could tell this had been a bad idea, really bad, horrible even...

As I opened the over-head compartment my bag fell. Between the very short two hours of sleep I had managed to get on this blasted plane, and my gut-wrenching fear of what waited for me outside, I was not able to react the way I usually did.

SPLAT went my bag as it came into collision with the idiot underneath (did I mention I was the idiot?). I lost my balance and very un-gracefully fell on my ass. My arms, in a failed attempt to defend me, hugged my bad tightly.

"Not 5 minutes on French ground and I already made a fool of myself..." I muttered under my breath.

"James, honey are you okay?" my mom asked me from above.

"Fine, just fine," I answered.

Of course things are not JUST FINE...

I was on the floor of the airplane, a bag on top of me, and did I mention I was in across-the-ocean-from-the-USA-France? I think I did, but let me do it again. I was in FRANCE, what the hell was I doing in France?? The country of beret-wearing, bread-eating people... God why did my Dad have to get a job across the ocean?! Why not across the state like my best-friend Jason. Nooooo, he had to get a job in EUROPE, and even then he couldn't have gotten it in England, where they actually speak the same language as me (or so I'm told). Of all the possible countries we could have gone, we had to go to France.

ARGH!! Why me??

Now here we were, the end of summer, in a blasted plane in blasted France. Oh this summer was going to be fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!!

NOT

I finally decided to get up, setting down my bad on my seat in the process. I glared at my mother who was obviously trying not to laugh.

"What?" I asked her.

"Nothing," she replied in a very sweet tone.

I glared at her again for good measure.

"Your father should be waiting for us after we get our luggage back," she added.

I didn't answer and instead chose to stuff my iPhone and the books I had kept with me during the flight in my bag.

After a few minutes of standing there, the line started moving. People were finally getting out, took them long enough.

"Well as they say here: Allons-y!" my mom gushed happily.

Yeah, yeah. Allons-y as they say...

Copyright © 2017 dianjin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Gonna be fun to see where you take this tale! You've already got a likeable hero, so think your plot options are gonna be endless!
Looking forward to more!

Link to comment

Love your new/revised story, dianjin! :)

 

James is a pisser, and I'm looking forward to see what he gets up to in France! :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..