Jump to content
    dianjin
  • Author
  • 1,431 Words
  • 2,703 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Frozen Heart - 7. Chapter 7 - A peek inside

"I can understand why you come here often, it's really beautiful!"

The two boys were lounged on the library's sofa. The late-afternoon sun shone through the window, and the forest was as alive as ever. Max had his head resting on Aaron's chest, and what he heard filled him with inexplicable joy: the sound of Aaron's heart beating rhythmically. He enjoyed the life he heard while Aaron slowly stroked his hair. For the first time in a long, long time, he felt at peace, he didn't have to fight his emotions. He still had to battle his memories (he wasn't ready for that yet), but even that was in the background. He hadn't felt so... happy since 3rd grade when he had had a friend. The name of that boy, with whom he had spent very little time in truth, he couldn't remember. All that he knew was that Aaron and him had used the very same way to get to him. They had relentlessly pressed on, never giving up on Max, both had refused to take no as an answer.

 

Max fell asleep in the warm embrace of his friend. He woke up a few hours later, all was motionless around him, everything was asleep, even Aaron. He twisted very slowly, as to not him up, until he was face to face with him. Aaron looked so peaceful in his sleep, the moon outside shined brightly, bathing his face in a silver light that made him even more beautiful in Max's eyes. He freed his hand from where it was in between their bodies, and caressed Aaron's smooth cheek, savoring the feeling under his fingers. He put his hand on his own heart.

"It's so calm for once..." he noted before closing his eyes and sundering himself to a peaceful slumber.

 

The morning sun shone bright, everything was illuminated by golden light, and the birds outside sung their own lovely tunes.

"Morning sleeping beauty," joked Aaron as Max's eyes fluttered open.

"Morning," Max mumbled still half asleep."What time is it?"

"Almost 11."

Max bolted up, he had never been late to school in his life!

"Whoa there what's wrong?"

"Sch..sch..school!"

"Maximilian? It's Saturday, we don't have school."

Max turned a bright red, this was also new for him, being embarrassed in front of someone. He felt a little stupid, but in a good way, almost as if he was actually normal... All of a sudden, a warm sensation flowed through him. At first panic took him, was it some unknown emotion taking advantage of him? No, it was just joy sharing well... its joy to Max! He smiled at the feeling.

"I had missed that smile," he thought he heard Aaron say under his breath, Max had probably heard wrong though.

He fell back on the sofa, snuggling close to Aaron, basking in the warmth of the covers. They stayed like that for a while, enjoying the other's company. However both their bellies had a mind of their own, and they started communicating to one another.

"Gurgl gurgl," would one say

"Gurglglgl" would the other answer.

Both boys laughed, and Max got up. He stretched his muscles, taking in the sunlight. As he turned towards Aaron he saw him looking away quickly, the reason though was a complete mystery.

He offered his hand to help Aaron up, which the latter gladly took. However, Aaron didn't let go once he was up, he was even blushing slightly.

"Whatever," thought Max, and he led him to the kitchen, on the other side of his aunt's house. Most rooms were unused, his aunt was never there and he only stayed in the library, his room, and the bathroom next to it. A housekeeper-sort-of-woman came two times a week, she cleaned the house and put food in the fridge for Max. If he wanted something in particular he would right her a quick note and leave it in the kitchen, not that that happened often. Without really thinking he took the shortest path to the kitchen, and thus they passed a number of dark rooms. Every window had a thick, heavy curtain in front of it, blocking all outside light. In his life he had seen those curtains open only once, a formal dinner that his aunt had had when he was in 6th grade. He briefly remembered the night, nothing really interesting. He was asked to wash up, dress in the clothes he had been given (a black suit), and greet a few guests. He had then spent the rest of the evening studying in the library. He was reading some Aristotle at the time.

"Why is it so dark in these rooms?"

"My aunt is never here, and no one ever comes in these rooms. What is the point of sunlight damaging furniture if it isn't being used?"

"Well yeah, but your house is so gloomy, how can you stand it?"

Max just shrugged. Aaron shook his head then went and opened every curtain he saw. Soon he had gone around the whole house, Max right behind him, bringing sunshine in the dark house.

They got to the kitchen after Aaron was satisfied with the lighting. Over time, Max had learned to cook basic meals. Having no one to cook for him most of the times, he had spent some time reading a few cooking books here and there. He remembered that they did have someone when he was little, a lady. She would come and pick him up after school, and see to it that he had proper meals. However in middle-school, his aunt had judged he was old enough to take care of himself, and from then on if he wanted to eat he would have to make it himself, except if his aunt was home. In that case she would cook, not very well, but she would.

Max took a quick look at what he had in the fridge and in the cabinet. He decided that he would make Aaron some pancakes.

"Tea? coffee?" he asked casually.

"I'll have some tea please Maximilian."

Max got what he needed and started making the pancakes. A few minutes later he had the mix ready, and Aaron's cup ready, he himself just took a glass of orange juice. The pancakes weren't so bad, he didn't burn them or anything, the mix could have been a bit less fluid though...

"These are delicious! Thanks Maximilian!"

Max blushed at the compliment, it wasn't often he got one around here.

 

They were back in the library, Aaron was going through the shelves.

"You read all this in what 6 years?" he asked looking in awe at Max.

Max nodded, when he was little it was all he was able to do, his only pastime. He looked at Aaron picking up a book at random, reading the title, then putting it back. Suddenly his hand went to his pocket and fished out his phone.

"Oh shit... I have to go home..."

The words ruined Max's day, he could have spent all day in here with Aaron. It wasn't his fault though, his mom had probably asked him to go back. And besides he would see him on Monday!

Together they went to the front door, both kept quiet.

"Hey if you need me, just call and I'll be here in 5 minutes promise!"

Max nodded slowly, he was a little disappointed. At least he had spent a wonderful night, and a wonderful morning! He really was trying to stay optimistic, but as they got closer to Aaron's heart, his heart sank.

"Maximilian? I'm really sorry I have to leave, but know that I had a great time. You are a really awesome person ok? I know that you may not think so but you are. Call me anytime, it will be a pleasure talking to you, always will!"

Why did it sound like a final goodbye to Max's ears?

"I'll see you Monday ok?"

Max didn't answer.

"Max? I'll see y..." Aaron couldn't finish his word because it really is hard to talk when someone has there lips glued to yours. Max, on an impulse had kissed Aaron, it didn't last more than a second, but it felt like a perfect eternity to him. He retreated away quickly.

"I...I'm s...s...sorry, I shouldn't have done that," he stammered, his eyes fixed on the ground. What had he been thinking!!!!"I'm reall..."

This time it was him that couldn't finish his sentence.

 

Aaron had came in for a much longer kiss, a kiss full of hope and love.

As always thank you for reading smile.png
 
Hope you still all like the story, and don't worry there is still a lot to come!! It is far from over!
I hope you are having a fantastic day!
Copyright © 2015 dianjin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I'm guessing this is the same boy that went away years ago. I had that thought in an earlier chapter, but now I'm saying it. And they both like each other the same way. You have things looking up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

awesome story i love this story thanks for taking the time to write it.

I so look forward to the next chapter

 

Bob

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Omg, I just read dr's review - is Aaron the same boy from third grade? That's how he remembered Max lives with his aunt. And omg, I just remembered - Aaron promised never to leave him again! I know when I read that a chapter or two ago, it struck me as weird, but if Aaron is the same boy as when they were younger, then it makes perfect sense!

 

Awesome chapter, dianjin!! :) Loved the kisses at the end - so sweet!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Two kisses -- is this the boy from long ago coming through? Max needs so much and especially patience -- breaking the ice-wall is a slow process.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..