Jump to content
    dianjin
  • Author
  • 1,295 Words
  • 2,462 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Frozen Heart - 9. Chapter 9 - Ups and downs

Max was excited, and he had two reasons to be. First of all, Aunt Elizabeth had asked him how he would like the library to be re-organized. He had, after thinking about it all night, answered that he wanted his bed on the wall opposite to the window. Then he decided that the big table would have to be pushed under the window for now, while the couch would be at the foot of his bed. A few shelves on the ground floor would also be emptied to he could put away his clothes. His aunt had called a team of workers, and tonight the library/Max's room would be set.

But what made him even more excited was that he was going to see Aaron. It had only been a night and Aaron's "absence" stung at his heart. He needed to be close to him, to be able to hold him close, to kiss him. Of course, the rational, lucid part of his brain tried to tell him that it was completely ridiculous, but Max didn't want to be rational and lucid. He had closed himself off for so long in his self-imposed isolation that he was like a pup that was able to discover the world. He wanted to discover things, to explore new horizons. As if being so emotionless for so long had made him overemotional.

He flew in Aaron's arms as soon as his car's engine was turned off. He looked deeply in the chocolate eyes of his savior, while adoration swept over his. He held onto Aaron's face with both hands as he came in for his first kiss of the day. Aaron in the mean time took him in his arms, enveloping the smaller frame of Max. For the first time, they went to class hand in hand. Max really didn't care about the looks he got from others. Aaron was a little nervous about it, Max felt it in the sweat that came from the hand in his, but seeing that no one stopped them or whispered the usual curse words against homosexuals, Aaron relaxed. They took their seats in class, their hands still locked together. Alice came in the room, she came towards the two boys. When she saw their hands a wide smile lit up her face.

"How are you two this morning?"

"We're good!" answered Aaron for the both of them.

"And you?" Max completed, which earned him a look of approval from Aaron.

"A little tired actually, stupid math homework, couldn't finish all of it..."

Just as she said that the teacher came in, and Max had to, reluctantly let go of Aaron's hand.

 

Max let his mind wander during class. As usual he knew all of this stuff, and following the course would be a waste of time for him. The day before had been a new type of experience for him. HE had for the first time in his life socialized with other people. Most of the names of people who came to talk to him were already forgotten, but that didn't really matter. What mattered was that he realized that he could be normal, he could live in sync with the world. He also realized how ignorant he was, he knew nothing of slang, he wasn't sure he could say hello to someone properly without Aaron to show him the example: handshake? or a fist-bump? Hello? or Hi? or 'Sup? He also felt so small compared to everyone, sure he was smaller than most boys his age, but he felt smaller too. He knew how fragile he still was, he knew that if he went too fast there was the possibility that he could break down, but he believed that as long as Aaron was there he would be OK. A dependence, like a smoker to nicotine, he had grown dependent of Aaron. What would happen if he were to leave? Would he have to put the ice back up? Would all of this be for nothing? As much as he loved Aaron he had to try to get close to other people, people that would help him no matter what. In a way he knew that Aaron wanted this too, because it was in Max's best interest. He debated whether Alice would be willing to become such a person. Would Aaron approve of his choice?

As he thought of him, Max turned his head towards a confused Aaron. It appeared that he was struggling with some trigonometric notions. He took a pen and a little piece of paper and wrote:

"Need some help?" before passing it over.

"I don't get this stuff..."

"Want to come over after school, I could explain it to you, and I have something to show you."

"I'm afraid that if I come over I won't get any work done..."

"Why not?"

" 'Cause you'll be there, and I won't be able to resist the urge to kiss you, and not just you face!!"

Max's face became cherry red. He hid his face in his arms, but stole a glance at Aaron. The bastard was grinning! Max couldn't help but forgive him, he was just so beautiful. Just then the teacher noticing that Aaron wasn't following anymore called:

"I know Maximilian doesn't need to really follow my course, but you Aaron, it would be wise for you to do so."

"I'm sorry sir, won't happen again."

"Good otherwise I will have to separate you two..."

"We only talked once!! So unfair, some talk way more!" Max wrote on the note before passing it to Aaron.

"Yeah I know, it's k smile.png Love you."

 

At lunch Max wanted a bit of privacy, rumors had flared at Ghost having a boyfriend, and everyone just NEEDED to pass by his table to see for themselves. Aaron seeing that Max couldn't eat in peace, took him outside under a tree. The late summer air was still warm, and the shade cool. They sat there together, holding hands, their heads touching. Alice had understood their needs and had helped them make their escape, baiting the "paparazzi" to another part of the school.

The afternoon flew past, and soon enough they were in front of their cars.

"So want to come over?" Max asked playfully.

"You bet! But you know if you don't feel ready then I can wait."

"No, I want this Aaron," Max said honestly."I want to feel your skin against mine, but I'm not ready for... THAT yet..." he added blushing.

"We'll take this as fast as you want, and I have to make a confession, I've never done anything as well."

"Then we will make both our firsts special when we are ready."

"That sounds really good Max. Even if it takes months or years, I want it to be special you know?"

"I think I do," Max said before kissing Aaron.

 

Elizabeth was home when they got there. Max, feeling like maybe his aunt wasn't so bad after all, went to tell her he was home. He was going to introduced Aaron when she said:

"Hello Aaron, my, you've grown! It's been quite a few years, how are you?"

Max's face drained of all its color, he looked shocked at Aaron.

"It was you?" he asked softly."Why didn't you tell me?"

Tears were streaming down his face, emotions ran rampant inside. He was angry at Aaron, for him not telling him before, and most of all for leaving him all those years ago. He felt betrayed by the one person he had trusted twice. He didn't wait for an answer. Maximilian ran out and went to hide in the library. He never wanted to see that boy ever again, nor his aunt, nor anyone!

Leave a review if you want.
I know I ask for them often, but it's the only way I really know if I'm any good at this tongue.png
Hope you enjoy the story so far smile.png
Copyright © 2015 dianjin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Oh no. Now Max feels betrayed and angry and Aaron will be devastated as well. Aaron will be tearing himself up for not telling Max that they already knew each other. I'm sure Aaron was afraid that Max would be mad at him and that would likely have been a valid fear. Realistically he couldn't have controlled having to leave. At this point we don't know what happened. We haven't seen what Aaron's own situation is like. Hopefully Max will understand that Aaron has fears and troubles of his own.

Link to comment

I wonder why Aaron didn't tell Max who he was earlier. Now Max feels betrayed by him again.

 

I hope Aaron has a chance to explain himself.

Link to comment

love how this is all playing out,and i cant wait to see how this works out

 

thanks for taking the time to write

bob

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..