Jump to content

Harry Potter and the Destiny of Prophecies 2. Harry Potter Destiny

   (2 reviews)
Fandoms: Harry Potter
Characters: Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy

The exciting conclusion of the Harry Potter Destiny stories. This is an alternative 7th year story.

This story is FanFiction of Harry Potter, which is owned by J.K. Rowling.
© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling and her fine people. This story belongs to dkstories.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,715 Words
    • 8,140 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 5,954 Words
    • 5,856 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 7,187 Words
    • 5,416 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 5,984 Words
    • 4,555 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 7,172 Words
    • 5,272 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 5,764 Words
    • 5,054 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 6,569 Words
    • 5,336 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 5,885 Words
    • 5,442 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 6,307 Words
    • 5,196 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 5,666 Words
    • 5,430 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 6,617 Words
    • 6,850 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 5,781 Words
    • 5,400 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 2,872 Words
    • 5,336 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 5,536 Words
    • 4,825 Views
    • 2 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 7,012 Words
    • 5,090 Views
    • 3 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 7,172 Words
    • 5,270 Views
    • 2 Comments
  • 17. Chapter 17
    • 9,831 Words
    • 6,484 Views
    • 7 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Myr

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a great conclusion to dkstorie's version of Year 6 and Year 7 for Harry Potter.  It wraps up with a surprise twist going all the way back to the start of dkstorie's two book series.  Well worth the read, but remember to read Harry Potter and the Sword of Gryffindor first!

  • Love 1
Link to review
DaveinLA

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

The Universe of Fanfiction amazes me!  I stand in awe of the thousands of people that spend zillions of hours writing 'secondary' stories based on their favorite books, games, movies and TV shows.  BUT - even more amazing is the amount of fanfiction that Mrs. Rowling's stories about Harry Potter have generated.  On a popular website dedicated solely to fanfiction, in the 'Books' category the series with the SECOND highest number of stories is the "Twilight" series (everyone loves Vampires and Werewolves!).  That series has 222,000 stories on the site as of the writing of this review.  

The series with the third and fourth highest number of stories are "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" and "Lord of the Rings" - both which have less than 100,000 stories.

The fanfiction stories for the Harry Potter series numbers 842,000.  So, it is obvious that there is no small number of Harry Potter fanfiction stories to compare DKStories' Destiny series to.  Over the years I have read enough to make a comparison.

DKStories' 'HP and the Sword of Gryffindor' and 'HP and the Destiny of Prophecies' are both excellently written stories that definitely meander outside of the original books' canon.  The author weaves a storyline that encourages the readers to soften their attitudes to some of the original characters that may not have caused such favorable reactions by helping us to admire and appreciate Draco and his parents as well as Harry's Aunt Petunia and her 'little Dudleykins'.

Although Harry and Draco's lives are filled with challenges through the first (and most) of the story, there are many aspects where they are also filled with satisfaction, fulfillment and yes, a little angst.

There is only one place where the reader is given a hint that there may be some subterfuge underneath everything, but it is not until the last four or five paragraphs where the diabolic plan is revealed and the author manages to end the "Destiny" series on a note that the readers will no doubt, appreciate.

This is an author who, in all his stories and all his series, manages to write storylines with well-planned turns, twists and intrigue.  

"Destiny" should be enjoyed by all who have even a slight interest in the Harry Potter Universe.

Davey

  • Like 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..