Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 38. # 62 November Storm (Can You Write 50,000 Words in a Month?)

A terrible storm has just blown through the life of your main character. What sort of storm was it? What did it alter? Remember don't always take things literally.

November Storm

(Can You Write 50,000 Words in a Month?)

 

 

Brian’s body hurt. His legs trembled when he tried to rise to his feet. His body was cold and numb. He was totally exhausted and his mouth was dry. He had not eaten and drunk for hours. He was dehydrated and his vision was blurred. He felt sick and he had a headache. He was not able to type anymore. He gazed at the screen, but he could barely read the letters.

Brian tried to rise to his feet again, but he instantly broke into perspiration. Sweat covered his forehead and his hands. His heart was beating fast and he felt as if he was on the verge of fainting. Brian had severe circulation problems. He closed his eyes and forced himself to breathe calmly. He tried again and finally managed to rise from his chair. He went to the bathroom slowly.

Brian winced at the sight of his face in the mirror. He was as white as a ghost and he had rings under his eyes. Brian found that he looked like a zombie.

He went back to his desk and sat down again. He checked his watch. Ten minutes left until midnight. He looked at the computer screen and then he logged on to his account. The site was not down, luckily. Brian opened the word count validator in order to upload his file. His fingers were stiff, but he managed to copy and paste his text into the empty window.

A shiver ran through his body as he looked on the screen. The bar had turned purple and the screen announced: 50,063 words so far. WINNER!

Brian let out a cry of joy. He had made it. He had managed to catch up in one single day. He had written 27,008 words non-stop in eighteen hours. He had overcome his writer’s block to an advice he had read on the internet. When you get stuck, try free writing, free speaking, word association, and drawing a mind map. When you get stuck try individual brainstorming. It had worked out in the briefest of time. Brian had typed like a maniac while his muse had continued brainstorming all through the day and the night.

Brian gazed at the purple bar on the screen. He was all smiles. He had won NaNoWriMo.

# 62
A terrible storm has just blown through the life of your main character. What sort of storm was it? What did it alter? Remember don't always take things literally.
Dolores Esteban
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..