Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 14. # 11 Eschaton (The Time Has Come)

# 11
Write a Eulogy about an object or idea/belief (Santa Clause is real), not a person, that you've 'lost' over the years. 'Lost' doesn't mean that you could have physically lost the object, but something you no longer have, that affected your life.

Eschaton (The Time Has Come)

 

The Elven king himself opened the council and held a speech:

Tyrnae is facing war and destruction for almost twenty-five years. And many of us have a sense of foreboding. In all honesty, I can say that many of us fear that Tyrnae’s end is near.

We can see it with our inner eye. We see the final battle. We see our warriors fall and we see our women and children die. We see our cities destroyed. We see that nothing has left but ruins. We all see it with our inner eye.

Nothing of Tyrnae’s glory has remained and a pale moon is shining over what once was a thriving realm. A few have survived and those few have escaped to the mountains. Some feel on the edge of despair and some do not have a feeling any longer at all. They struggle to survive and they do what needs to be done. But they feel - and we know it - that their struggle is hopeless.

Beloved brethren, I never was a friend of hope. Hope is a dangerous trap. Hope keeps us in a waiting position and thus it makes us feel more and more depressed. Hope entangles our feelings and it entangles our minds.

Beloved brethren, it is not easy to escape this trap. But I, for myself, I do always try. Do not focus on a dreadful future that has not yet come. Take things as they are and go from there instead. Else, beloved brethren, the light of your soul will cease to shine. The light of your soul will fade and so will your power to live. Beloved brethren, do not focus on a dreadful future that has not yet come. Else our foe has already won.

Let us take things as they are and let us go from there. Let us stand up for Tyrnae and let us fight for what Tyrnae has stood and still stands for: freedom of the mind, nobleness of the heart, and the ever shining light of the soul.

Beloved brethren, I have a premonition of what has to come. I know with certainty that Tyrnae won’t fall. I know with certainty that on Tyrnae shines the everlasting sun of justice and love. This love is greater and it is from beyond. Beloved brethren, I know with certainty that Tyrnae will face a new morning.

Beloved brethren, believe in your power and the light of your soul. Open your eyes to the sun. Beloved brethren, no more can I say than that the time now has come. Let us stand up now and fight for Tyrnae. Let us stand up and fight for ourselves and the light of our soul. Beloved brethren, the final battle is near. The time has come. Take up arms and vanquish the fear.

Beloved brethren, I know with certainty that Tyrnae won’t fall. I know with certainty that Tyrnae will face a new morning. Beloved brethren, the time has now come to fight in the name of justice and love. Beloved brethren, the time has come.

Beloved brethren, stand up now and go to war.

 

 

Dolores Esteban
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..