Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 24. # 103 Lucifer

# 103
We have the embodiments of ideas around us. We see Death as The Grim Reaper, Justice as a blind woman, the world of dreams is watched over by the Sandman. Take one of these or create one of your own and write a short from their point of view.

Lucifer

 

I’m associated with Satan, the embodiment of evil. I think it’s about time to present myself in the proper light.

You most likely have a general idea of who I am. I was a prominent archangel in heaven before I acted against God’s wishes and rebelled against Him. When the rebellion failed, I was cast out of heaven with the third of the heavenly host and I came to reside on the world. It is said I was motivated by pride. I was the most gorgeous of angels, before God threw me to hell. And now anything which tempts, lures and prompts a man to sin and causes contempt in the eyes of God is said to be an act of Satan. I, Lucifer, thus am considered the embodiment of evil and everything wicked.

You’ve got it all wrong and this annoys me deeply. Let me explain.

My name is Lucifer which means ‘Morning Star’ or ‘Light Bearer’. I do understand that you have difficulties with foreign names, but, you see, from my perspective this is no excuse to cast a shadow on me. I trust you’re a quick thinker and it’s dawning on you. The morning star is associated with Venus, the goddess of shining beauty. You can see now, can’t you? I shed light on the darkness. Venus is the goddess of love, beauty, and sex. She turns the hearts of men and women from sexual vice to virtue. You call out to her, whenever you cherish the virtue. You call out to me, when you condemn the vice.

I fell from grace like Adam and Eve did some time later. It was God’s original plan and it is said God moves in mysterious ways. But, like He said in the very beginning: Let there be light. And there was light. God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. I am the light bearer, the morning star, and I am still His loyal servant.

# 103
We have the embodiments of ideas around us. We see Death as The Grim Reaper, Justice as a blind woman, the world of dreams is watched over by the Sandman. Take one of these or create one of your own and write a short from their point of view.
Dolores Esteban
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You know I never thought of doing Lucifer. That was definately something different. I liked how you handled that one. I like your prompts anyway. Nice job Dolores.

Link to comment
On 01/30/2012 12:14 PM, comicfan said:
You know I never thought of doing Lucifer. That was definately something different. I liked how you handled that one. I like your prompts anyway. Nice job Dolores.
Thank you, comicfan. I'm glad you like my answer to the prompt. I like the prompts. You can try something different without feeling obliged to write a whole story with beginning, middle, and end.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..