Jump to content
    EmDee
  • Author
  • 3,549 Words
  • 3,060 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ugly Davey - 19. Chapter 19 – Can’t You Do Anything Right?

Chapter 19 – Can’t You Do Anything Right?

 

I stared at my reflection in horror.

 

Oh god, oh no! This couldn’t be happening.

 

The rain had literally washed away my fake acne. All that was left were a bunch of smudges, and what used to be my pimples now looked like red teardrops streaking down my face. It appeared as though my face belonged in a horror film and not to a supposedly dweeby personal assistant out for dinner with his boss.

 

Bringing the sleeve of my jacket up to my face, I tried to remove as much of the smudged up make-up as I could. There was no way I could redeem anything that was left so it was better to wipe it all off.

 

God damn it! I was so fucking screwed, especially if Tyler had already seen my face.

 

Closing my eyes, I desperately prayed that it had been too dark for Tyler to notice and that with my hood being pulled up, all he had been able to see was the “ketchup” on my chin.

 

“Is something wrong?” Tyler asked from behind me.

 

His voice startled me and I barely stopped myself from turning around to face him in surprise. If I had, he would have a gotten a clear look at my face. I pulled the hood of jacket closer around my face before trying to answer as casually as I could manage. “Nope, everything’s fine. C’mon let’s get out of this rain.”

 

I started walking again, starting a brisk pace back to the lodge. All the way focusing on avoiding the brightly lit areas and staying in front of Tyler. The rain stopped as suddenly as it had begun, but I didn't let up on my pace

 

I must have been walking much faster than I realized because I heard Tyler call out behind me, as he tried to catch up to me

 

“Hey David, what’s the hurry?” he asked as I finally reached the entrance of the lodge before him.

 

“I have to go to the bathroom,” I called back, quickly making up the lie while still refusing to turn to look at him.

 

Entering the lobby I was more than grateful for my earlier observation that the lodge relied on its huge windows for most of its lighting. Due to the darkened sky outside, the only light source came from the lamps scattered around, and due to it being late in the evening, the lamps had been dimmed—making the lobby much darker than it had been earlier.

 

There was also a large lit fireplace in the little cozy lounge area just off to the side of the dining room. There were quite a few people gathered around the crackling fire, sitting in various leather armchairs and sofas talking to one another. Some subdued sound of jazz music could be heard drifting over their conversation.

 

I noticed that quite a few of them had looked up when I entered the lodge, so I quickly averted my face and turned left to go back to our room. I had only managed to take a step or two when I heard Tyler enter behind me, having finally caught up to me as I had stood there making sense of my surroundings.

 

I almost let out a squeak when his hand landed on my shoulder from behind.

 

“Hey, David,” he began, “are you...”

 

“Tyler!” A voice called out from the small gathering. “Tyler Fritz! Hey man, long time no see!”

 

I saw a man get up from one of the armchairs and start walking towards us, I took that moment to quickly shrug away Tyler’s hand on my shoulder.

 

“You go meet up with your friend, I’ll catch you later,” I told Tyler, trying not to show how desperate I was to escape.

 

I still wasn’t looking at him and I knew he probably thought that I was acting strange, but there wasn’t anything else I could do. Since Tyler hadn’t brought up anything about my face, I was pretty confident that he hadn’t been able to see anything apart from the “ketchup” in the dark. That meant my secret was still intact, at least until Tyler caught another glimpse of my face.

 

From the corner of my eye, I could see that the man was still making his way towards us, weaving around the various people sitting and standing around the lounge. I willed myself not to twitch like a trapped animal.

 

“I really gotta go, Tyler,” I said, not managing to hide the desperation in my voice this time.

 

I was surprised when I heard Tyler’s chuckle in response. “OK, David. You go on ahead and make sure you don’t burst. But feel free to come join us once you’re done.”

 

Oh yeah, he still thinks I need to go pee, I thought, embarrassed beyond belief. I was pretty sure I was coming off as a complete idiot right now, but regardless I practically booked it just as the man reached us and held out a hand for Tyler to shake.

 

I was walking swiftly back to our room, keeping my head down even though the hallway was empty–just in case that if anyone was to look at my face, they wouldn’t see what a mess it had become. That was the reason why I completely missed the man coming out of the room a couple doors down from ours.

 

“Ahh!” I screamed, not being able to stop from crashing into the hard body in front of me. I lost my footing as my body started pitching backwards, my arms went flailing at my side. I grabbed hold of the first thing I could get my hand on which just happened to be the man’s tie.

 

“Oof!” the man grunted, as the tie tightened around his neck. In an effort to prevent being choked to death, the man pitched his body forward–losing his own balance in the process. Together we went crashing down onto the wooden floor of the hallway.

 

The wind knocked out of me at the impact of hitting the floor and having the man land on top. I lay there stunned, eyes opened in shock and barely able to breathe.

 

The man let out a groan from where his head was buried in the crook of my neck.

 

“Get off me!” I croaked, trying to catch my breath as I shoved the man off of my diaphragm.

 

“Fuck! Watch where you’re bloody going!” The man grunted as he used his arms to push up off of me.

 

It was then that I recognized his voice and caught a glimpse of his face in the dimly lit hallway.

 

Oh fuck! Just when I thought the day couldn’t get any worse.

 

I stared at Dean and saw when recognition hit from the widening of his eyes.

 

“What the bloody hell happened to your face?” he said looking down at me from where he was still straddling my hips. His brows furrowed, “And why are you all wet?”

 

Everything that had happened between us during our last encounter came rushing back. Everything from the brutally hard kisses to the angry way we had attacked each other’s bodies. The memory caused my heart rate to speed up and my cock start to harden. That pissed me off. No way was I going to allow my body to react to Dean in this manner.

 

“I had an accident that’s what,” I snapped at Dean angrily. “Now can you fucking get off of me already?”

 

“I’m not the one running people over!” Dean snapped back. “And why the hell are you going around looking like that when it was you who fucking begged me for more time. Is this how you want Tyler to find out? Because if that’s your plan, you’re fucking nuts if you think he'll ever forgive you. I gave you an extra month, and here you are just throwing it away!”

 

Dean was just as angry as I was. It was obvious as his arctic blue eyes burned into mine and his chest rose and fell in anger. But as my eyes dropped down to his pants, I saw the telltale bulge underneath. My eyes widened in shock.

 

Oh fuck! I wasn’t the only one reacting to this situation. I had to get away, had to get away now.

 

I pushed at his chest again and Dean finally seemed to realize that we were currently caught in a very compromising position if someone entered the hallway. He grunted again as he stood up. I tried to follow suit but once again lost my balance as the blood rushed to my head, making me dizzy. Dean managed to stop me from falling for a second time.

 

“Bloody hell! Can’t you do anything right?” he sneered.

 

I blinked as I waited for my fuzzy vision to clear. “Th-thanks,” I mumbled, grateful enough to appreciate Dean’s help even though I was still pissed at him.

 

Dean let out a frustrated sigh. “Seriously, if this was the best “coming out” plan that you could think of, I’m really starting to regret giving you the extra time.”

 

“I told you, it was an accident! We got caught in the rain. How was I supposed to know that the stupid make up was going to smear?”

 

“Well it wouldn’t have happened had you already told Tyler the truth.”

 

“I’ll tell him!” I yelled, before I realized where we were. “I’ll tell him,” I repeated quietly. “Just give me the month. I’ll think of something.”

 

Dean shook his head in disgust. “Well you better think of something because before you know it your time will be up, and I will tell Tyler myself if you haven’t by then.”

 

With those parting words, Dean pushed past me and headed down the hallway. I stood there replaying his words before the gaggle of approaching voices sent me quickly fleeing into the room.

 

I quickly opened the side pocket of my duffle bag and pulled out the concealer and lip liner Rick had given me all those weeks ago. Then I booked it into the bathroom before my luck could get even worse by having Tyler walk in.

 

I managed to shuck my wet clothes off and onto the floor, belatedly wondering whether Tyler’s clothes had tried yet.

 

Probably did if he’s sitting in front of that big ass fireplace.

 

I turned on the water and hopped in for a quick shower. It was probably the fastest way to wash away the mess that my face had become. Thank goodness my erection had already deflated sometime during my confrontation with Dean, so I didn’t have to waste any more time in remedying that situation. I tried to be as quick as possible so that I could get back out to Tyler before he started wondering what was holding me up.

 

Once my face was scrubbed clean, I hopped out of the shower and hastily dried myself off with one of the fluffy white towels on the counter and then wiped the mirror clean to get started on replacing the “acne” on my face.

 

It was a good thing that I rarely had to shave because the growing stubble would definitely have interfered with the whole process. By now I had become an expert at doing this efficiently. It barely took me a minute to cover my whole face, as I knew exactly where to place each “pimple” and how to ensure it looked realistic. Apart from Dean who apparently had some magical fake acne detecting skills, nobody had ever questioned the authenticity of the acne.

 

“Done!” I sighed, giving my face a once over to make sure I hadn’t missed a spot. I closed the lids on the lip liner and concealer, and then put on the big ugly glasses that I had gotten so used to wearing.

 

“There, now all I have to do is put on some dry clothes and go back out to meet Tyler.”

 

I turned around to grab my boxers when I suddenly realized that I forgotten to bring a second pair of clothing into the bathroom with me.

 

“Shit,” I grumbled as I hastily wrapped the towel around my waist, holding the flaps closed with one hand.

 

I was just thinking about how it was a good thing that Tyler was out of the room when I stepped outside of the bathroom and caught Tyler standing by his bed. He was clad in nothing but a pair of black boxer briefs and in the process of pulling on a dry pair of jeans.

 

“Eeep!” I squealed, losing hold of my towel as it went slipping down.

 

Both of us stood still in our spots, eyes open wide in shock. Tyler had turned the lamp beside his bed on and the low light was glistening off his hard chiseled torso. I couldn’t stop my eyes from roaming all over his body. From his broad shoulders, to his toned chest covered in a bit of fine blond hair, and down to his abdomen. My eyes followed the dark blond treasure trail that led from his defined abs and disappeared into his boxers. I was sure my eyes grew even wider when they came to rest on the package within.

 

I gulped as the blood rushed to my groin.

 

Oh my god! I wanted to die of embarrassment. I really had to stop flashing all these lawyers with my junk, even if it was accidental each time.

 

I was about to reach down and pick up the towel, when I caught Tyler’s eyes and froze.

 

His stormy gray eyes were burning as they roamed around my body.

 

Oh my fucking god! He’s checking me out. I started breathing faster. Oh my god, oh my god!

 

Tyler’s eyes were filled with the same desire I had seen in them on that first night we had met at the club. I couldn’t look away.

 

Tyler seemed to snap out of his daze and finished putting on his jeans. Then he started walking towards me.

 

I stood there frozen like a cornered animal, wanting to bolt but not being able to make myself move.

 

Tyler’s eyes were on mine as he made his way towards me. It felt too hot in the room all of a sudden. I was lost in those stormy gray eyes. Lost in the fire that was burning within them.

 

I couldn’t look away from Tyler’s eyes, couldn’t breathe or move, as he came to stand before me.

 

But when all of a sudden Tyler bent down at the waist, I jolted out of my trance. I sucked in a deep breath, not knowing what Tyler was doing. His face was inches away from my groin, and there was no way that he couldn’t see how hard I was getting.

 

I squeezed my eyes shut, mortified beyond belief. I wanted to book it out of the room but I didn’t think that any of the other guests would appreciate me running bare-naked through the lodge. Hell I didn’t even think I could take one step due to how much my legs were shaking.

 

I didn’t see what Tyler was doing until I felt something wrap around my waist. Opening my eyes to see that Tyler had picked up the towel and replaced it around my hips.

 

“T-Tyler,” I managed to stutter. I knew my face was probably bright red.

 

The corner of Tyler’s mouth twitched before he gave me a little sheepish smile.

 

“My clothes were taking forever to dry,” he started to explain, “so I thought I’d come here and do a quick change.” His eyes shone again. “I wasn’t expecting to see such a sight.”

 

I gave a shaky laugh, trying and failing to hide my embarrassment. “I’m sorry. For making you see something so horrid,” I said, looking down at the floor.

 

“Shh,” Tyler cut in. “I never said it was horrid. In fact it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”

 

Surprised, I looked back into Tyler’s eyes as he stood in front of me. Now that he was closer, I could see the lust and want shining clearly within them. But there was also something else. It was something that went far deeper and beyond than basic sexual desire—something that I had longed to see in someone’s eyes for quite some time now. Something I thought I would never see in Tyler’s when he looked at me.

 

“David,” Tyler whispered.

 

I sucked in another breath at hearing the need in Tyler’s voice.

 

Tyler wanted me. Tyler wanted David. The realization was like a punch to my stomach.

 

It all made sense now. The tiny brushes and caresses I had thought he had been giving me unknowingly around the office. The hesitant way in which he had asked me whether I was seeing someone. Or even him refusing to go out with me when I asked. It was all because Dave wasn’t the one Tyler wanted. For some reason I couldn’t even begin to comprehend, the one who Tyler wanted was David.

 

“Y-yes?” I whispered back.

 

Tyler brought up his hand, running his fingers through my wet hair. His other hand came to up to grab a light hold of the back of my neck. I thought I was going to faint, my heart was beating so damn fast.

 

“Tyler,” I said, the name escaping with a breath.

 

Tyler stared directly into my eyes and I stared back, mesmerized.

 

“There’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now,” Tyler said softly.

 

“What?” I managed to ask.

 

Tyler stroked the back of my head before answering. “This,” he said.

 

Ever so slowly, Tyler lowered his face down the few inches to mine. Giving me enough time to pull away if I so desired, he gradually came closer, his eyes still holding mine captive. Then a breath before our lips touched, I watched as his eyes closed and mine followed suit.

 

It was electric. That was the only way to describe the feeling as Tyler’s lips brushed lightly against mine. Sparks went jolting through my body even though the kiss was so soft.

 

I let out a soft moan and Tyler took that opening to slip his tongue inside and gently caress mine.

 

After a while, Tyler slowly pulled back–his face still a few inches from mine.

 

“I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time,” Tyler said again.

 

“Y-you have?” I asked, trying to focus on Tyler’s words, and not on how badly I wanted to lean forward and kiss his lips again. My own were still tingling.

 

Tyler nodded his head, a shy smile spreading on his lips.

 

“Then why didn’t you?” I asked softly.

 

“Because, I wasn’t sure,” Tyler replied just as soft, “if you wanted the same thing.”

 

Oh if only you knew just how much I’ve wanted this.

 

“Well you should have asked,” I said coyly, looking up at Tyler through my lashes from behind my glasses.

 

Tyler stared wide-eyed at me as though that had never occurred to him. He took a deep breath. “Will you...” Tyler drifted off, looking bashful. It was adorable beyond belief. He cleared his throat before continuing. “David, will you go out with me?”

 

Though I was expecting it, hearing the words still shocked me. Go out with Tyler... It was all I had wanted, all I had dreamed about these past few weeks. Now it was finally within my reach, so close that I could reach out and grasp it.

 

A voice in my head warned me that this wasn’t a good idea. That I should tell Tyler the truth now; tell him that Dave and I were the same person. Tell him about Rick’s stupid bet.

 

But the little part in my heart that had been hoping against hope for so long to hear these exact words from Tyler smothered the rational part of my brain. I squelched any doubts and fears that I had about Tyler finding out before I was ready to tell him. Tell him I would, but at the right time. I’d make sure that when the time came, Tyler would understand why I did what I had done. How the bet was merely harmless and I had always been the same person within, whether he wanted Dave or David.

 

Looking into Tyler’s shining gray eyes, I gave him a bright smile and answered his question.

 

“Yes, Tyler. I’ll go out with you.”

 

To be continued...

Copyright © 2012 EmDee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh no! David tell him now! lol. It might just be me... but I like Dean. Sure Tyler and Davey seem like the perfect pair, but Dean is definitely growing on me :) are we gonna hear more about his past?

Link to comment
On 04/11/2012 01:07 PM, intune said:
Oh no! David tell him now! lol. It might just be me... but I like Dean. Sure Tyler and Davey seem like the perfect pair, but Dean is definitely growing on me :) are we gonna hear more about his past?
Hmm Dean does seem to be developing a fan base. I'm starting to wonder if I have to ask readers whether they're Team Tyler or Team Dean. :lol: Of course I won't say anything on what the outcome will really be. ;) As for Dean's past, you'll be hearing about it in the next few chapters or so. Thanks for reading! :)
Link to comment

Can't you do anything wrong, Em?!smile.png Nice Chapter, but Davey is being stupid, there is never going to be a good time to tell, and it only gets worse!

A love triangle seems to be forming. Please tell us something more about Dean's past.

Next chapter faster, Please..Please...Pretty Please...*begs*

Link to comment
On 04/11/2012 09:55 PM, Gulab Jamun said:
Can't you do anything wrong, Em?!smile.png Nice Chapter, but Davey is being stupid, there is never going to be a good time to tell, and it only gets worse!

A love triangle seems to be forming. Please tell us something more about Dean's past.

Next chapter faster, Please..Please...Pretty Please...*begs*

Thanks GJ! :D Yep Davey is being rather stupid, but I guess it's the fear of everybody always "loving" him for his looks that he's not coming out clean. The fact that Tyler likes him regardless of what he looks like is something he's always wanted, and that's why he's keeping up the charade for a little while longer at least. You'll be finding a lot more about Dean's past in the next few chapters. Oh and I'll try to be faster with the next chapter~ :P
Link to comment
On 07/21/2012 04:44 AM, rckclimber27 said:
Great Chapter. When's the next one coming?
Thanks for reading! :) Next chapter? Not sure when that'll be out lol. I know exactly what I need to write, but have been having trouble actually writing it :(. Hopefully I'll be able to get over this writer's block soon.
Link to comment

Wow. Awkward. What I want to know is how no one else can tell David is Dave. Makeup and clothes can not make that much of a difference. Um Tyler is pretty much staring at the full package and a little bit of makeup shouldn't make a difference. The voice us the same afterall as well as the personality. My wonder is what's up with Dean is it the fact that Tyler limes David instead of humor is he really that shallow that David deserves to be fired over clothes.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..