Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,040 Words
  • 1,813 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wild Daisy - 10. Chapter 10: Dark JuJu

There is a reason Willie is the way he is.

A Wild Daisy

stories/7180/images/daisy.flower.one1.jpg

Chapter Ten: Dark JuJu

Blue stood from his bow to find Willie glaring; at him and the kids around the quarry. Willie was livid, this was going to go very badly. How could something so wonderful turn to shit so suddenly? Rage. Willie's eyes captured Blue's and rage poured from Willie's soul into Blue's. Blue could feel chains wrapping around his will, his heart and soul. Willie was letting Blue see this, know this. Willie wanted Blue to know. Blue was the bitch.

"You planned this didn't you. You brought me here and put me on display. Why? Was it to prove what a stud you are. Now everyone in town will know you were the first to score with the best piece of ass in South Carolina; is that it? And you had the nerve to gloat about it by taking a bow for your achievement. Well you have messed with the wrong piece of tail, stud."

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK. YOU WILL TAKE ME HOME. YOU WILL NOT SEE ME AGAIN!" Willie used his voice, the Day curse. It was the worst thing one person could do to another. Aunt Maude had taught him that years ago and now he had done it. He grabbed the picnic basket and headed back across the rock ledge. It was done. It had to follow it's course. The sooner Willie was away from here and Blue the better, for both of them.

"Hey, don't leave. It was just getting good." "Show us more boy love." "What's the matter? Your boyfriend's crying."

"LEAVE!" Damn, Damn, Damn. I got to get out of here. Willie was almost to the jeep now, followed by Blue. They threw in their crap and climbed in. The kids had scattered. Blue started the jeep and churned dirt and gravel as he whipped the jeep around and headed for the gates. Willie looked at Blue for the first time since walking away from him. Blue was sobbing.

***************************************************************

Years ago, when Willie was only six, he wanted what he wanted.

"Willie, don't you let me see you making those eyes ever again, and that voice won't work on me anymore, now that I am guarded. Hasn't your father taught you your manners. That dark craft juju has no place in my house. You can be sure I will be talking to mother about this. Now, “TAKE THIS SOAP AND WASH OUT YOUR MOUTH AND DO A GOOD JOB OF IT." Aunt Maude was his father's sister. She was caring for Willie and Pinkie while grandmother was in New York shopping. That child must be crazy powerful, just like mama.

Maude found Willie later crying on his bed. “I’m sorry Willie but it was the only way. Only if you know first hand what the curse is can you find the will to control it.” Maude loved the boy and her heart was heavy. Hurting to teach a lesson was a hard way, but the curse was a snake always ready to strike.

“I hate you.” Willie cried. “Yes child, the curse will do that; it will turn love to hate. And sometimes you can never fine forgiveness, from yourself or from the one you take.” How could mama not know about Willie?

Grandmother found her son in the study the morning after returning from New York. "William, you told me Willie was null, empty, void of the spirit. Now Maude tells me Willie had her making chocolate pudding and cornbread for breakfast and she didn't even realize it until she was washing the dishes. That is not null, William. That is damn dangerous and foolish."

“Mother, anyone with eyes can see the boy is…” William began, but his mother interrupted. “The child must have training. Since you are blind I will assume this task. Willie will learn our family history and he will know his heritage. He will learn control and caution and responsibility. Most important he will know the consequences of his actions.” Grandmother loved her son, but the boy was always resentful. The spirit had gifted him with the least of the powers.

“Willie the Day family are a mixed breed, a mingled blood and a blended power. Our ancestors were hereditary priests of two religions; one a lost religion, Druid, the other a new religion Vondou. One of the last priests of Druid mated with a hereditary priestess of Vondou. Persecution, colonization and slavery brought the two together. Together they were very strong and they were able to survive. They made a new world for themselves. They gave birth to the Day family, the Day legacy. Your curly black hair, blue eyes and golden skin, are all marks of our breed. The Druids were bred over centuries to create more and more powerful and beautiful priests and the Vondou choose for beauty and power in their new dream. When Jerimiah Day took Pencilla Chappelear as his own in Port au Prince in 1680, it was a joining of forces, powers and love. The two gave birth to a joining of beauty also, in a son, William. It was William who came to South Carolina in 1700.” How many times did grandmother start his lesson with a family story? Every single time.

***************************************************************

Blue brought the jeep to a stop. How the two lived thru that drive is a miracle. Blue too upset to care and Willie too ashamed to care. “It’s over now Blue. It is done. You are free. Go home now and drive safe please.” Willie said to the dashboard before he got out of the jeep. He grabbed the basket and his backpack from the back and then turned to see Blue one more time. Blue had cried until snot ran out of his nose. He had a towel now from his backpack and was wiping his face. “Goodbye Blue.”

Blue was driving down the county road stunned; more upset and confused and frustrated than any time in his life. “What happened? What is this shit? I think I want to get drunk. Stinking, pissing, roaring drunk.”

Willie found himself in the rose garden; eyes closed… face up…. praying to an empty sky.

I know, but do you know?

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009 and early 2010.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/16/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..