Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 565 Words
  • 4,506 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wild Daisy - 2. Chapter 2: Willie Day

What can I say, it will end soon.

A Wild Daisy

Chapter Two: Willie Day

Willie lowered his face and opened his eyes. He had been praying to an empty sky. He was standing in his favorite spot. Actually, it was his grandmother Yula's favorite first, because this was her own grandmother Alice's rose garden. The Day plantation, Daybreak, has been in their family for sightly over three hundred years. The front of the new house (the third residence built on the property, construction circa 1840) had a southeastern exposure and at dawn the light would crawl first across the river and then up the grassy avenue in grace and beauty to offer a kiss at the columns of Daybreak. And a new day would begin. At least, that's the way grandmother tells it at supper, it is one of her favorite Daybreak stories.

But right now, Willie was trying to lose himself in a dream, even a day dream. Today was the worst day of his life and he just could not think of it any longer. But he must. He could not face this unprepared. Tomorrow would not be just another day, it would be the end of his life. If he was to survive, he needed a plan. He must be ready to fight for himself this time.

His father, William Chappel Day, would not respond well to this. Just last night he overheard his father's latest comment to grandmother. It was at the Biannual Daybreak Historial Ball. Grandmother's crowning glory in a long list of social events.....

"Yes, mother I know well that the Day's have always been a handsome bunch and people are drawn to us. But Willie is doing more than that. Mother have you not noticed. The young bucks at this shindig of yours are paying more attention to Willie than any girl in this place, including his sister. I don't want my son known as the best piece of ass in South Carolina."

"William, I do not believe that Willie has said more than hello to anyone at the ball."

"Mother, it's not his lack of conversational skills that worries me, it is the stares, the eyes and the flaring nostrils; I swear he has half the men here in rut."

"William, you should be proud of your son. And I will have you know that in my day I would have had every man here in rut. Now this is the end of this conversation."

His father was right, Willie had felt like a rabbit, surrounded by wolves at the ball. But his ass was not for the taking by anyone and especially not a pack of wolves. Why does father think being gay means being a slut or worse some kind of sex slave. For that matter why did half the man at the ball think that? Ever since the rumors started that he was gay his life kept spiralling out control.

"Damn, damn, damn. Could I be any dumber? Ross Gardner is in love. Ross Gardner is in love, but not with me. No, Ross Gardner is in love with my sister, Pinkie. And now I know it. And now Ross Gardner knows for sure that I like boys because Willie Day could not keep his mouth shut. Oh no Willie Day was in love and could not wait to kiss his beloved and declare all; just this very morning.

No one believes my family's plantation stories.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009 and early 2010.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/16/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..