Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,436 Words
  • 2,606 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wild Daisy - 8. Chapter 8: Alice, Thad, Jax

All of us have a story to tell, but how many stories have we forgotten.

A Wild Daisy

stories/7180/images/daisy.flower.three.jpg

Chapter Eight: Alice, Thad, Jax

"Okay, let's see if I can tell it half as well as grandmother. This is a private family story, not told to outsiders as entertainment. It is family history." Willie sat with Blue in his studio and tried to become the story. This was his grandmother's explanation for her own storytelling expertise.

"Alice was very young when she got engaged to Thaddeus York: only seventeen. Thad was twenty four, a graduate of Harvard and from a prominent Baltimore robber baron family. Both families were happy with the match. A long engagement, a big church wedding and a honeymoon trip to Europe were all in planning. Thad could be described as the young Theodore Roosevelt type. A man's man, outdoors and exercise and boxing and horseback riding and hunting and trips to Africa and India. Get the picture. But suddenly, the two were married, forget all the rest. Alice had a miscarriage though, and so the couple finally headed off to Europe. In London, Alice saw a performance by the young Isadora Duncan and met her later at a private gathering. Why do people get hooked on something; opera, dancing, painting; whatever. Alice was hooked good and hard with modern dance. Along with Miss Duncan, Alice met her protege, Jacques Fonteau. Jax and Alice really hit it off and before Alice left London she invited Jax to visit her at Daybreak. She gave him a check to cover all the expenses. Thad had laughed at her for being gullible, but he didn't mind, he liked Jax a lot too and added his own check. Alice simply said it was a gift for him to use any way he pleased. Six months later Jax was at the door of Daybreak." Willie paused and looked at Blue.

"That sounds like a strange thing to do, but lots of people were immigrating around then, but to up and leave London for America? I guess Jax was a wild and crazy guy?" Blue joked.

"From all accounts he was charming and beautiful and daring." I wonder if Blue can dance Willie asked himself.

"Alice was ecstatic to see Jax and even Thad seem happy to have him as their guest. Formal dinner parties, casual get togethers, picnics, socials, and recitals; Jax was a hit with all he met, and also he would dance. He would remove his shoes and socks and his shirt and pose; then suddenly leap. His arms and legs and torso would stretch and reach and point and twist and fly. Women would be breathing so hard their bosoms would heave and their fans would buzz with rapid movement. The men were flabbergasted, Jax had the kind of physique that could easily command and intimidate. He was an alpha wolf for sure. And Jax was so avante garde, he would talk about the most outlandish subjects. Like free love."

"Jax began giving Alice lessons in dance. They would practice on the front lawn. Alice did have talent and beauty, but her ability was not the equal of Jax's. They would perform for Thad. They even made Thad pose, so they could dance around him. They had forged a friendship and it was a happy one until the day it all ended at the Quarry." Willie sighed, looked at Blue and continued.

"Rumor one goes something like this. Alice had taken Jax to visit the Quarry. He thought it was the perfect stage to perform upon and commune with nature, it was inspiring. So Jax had declared that he and Alice must dance the first day of May at the quarry for an audience of one, Thad. A picnic was prepared and off they went riding horseback. And this is the crux of the matter. Thad would later find Jax and Alice not preparing for their dance as they had said, but performing a more intimate dance just for each other. The result was a crime of passion, the murder of Thad."

"Rumor two follows along the same lines with a twist. It is Alice who finds Thad and Jax in an unnatural embrace, with the result being the death of Thad at her hands. The love that dare not speak." Okay do I trust Blue?

"The official version goes like this. The three go on a picnic. Husband and wife have quarrel. Husband insults wife who runs off. Friend of family urges husband to follow and apologize. Husband finds wife at the quarry edge, instead of the apology they continue to argue. Husband grabs wife, frightens her. Wife slaps husband. Husband slips and falls down slope but doesn't stop. He slides and tumbles faster and then shoots over the edge of the quarry falling to rocks below. This is followed by scandal, trial, witch hunt, political maneuvering, self righteous morality and finally innocent due to self defense." Now for some truth.

"The unofficial version is the same with a few changes. Thad, Alice and Jax were a melange a trois. They did not argue, they were having a great day. It was time for the dance to begin. Thad led off running, leaping, dancing or trying to, followed by Alice who was followed by Jax. They were dancing nude. They danced across the crest of the quarry, but Thad just lacked the grace to be a dancer. He tripped and slid and stumbled and flew out into the air and down to his death. Alice was hysterical. 'I killed him. We killed him.' Someone had to protect her, save her, and hide the truth. Her father did, with his money and the official version. Thad's father agreed, no one could know about his son." Only family knew this, maybe some guessed but family knew.

"Oh, Alice was pregnant again and she gave birth to twin boys about nine months after Thad's death. She spent all her time after dancing in the rose garden she had built and in supporting dance programs for young girls." No one thought it strange, she was a Day. Strange was normal.

"So Blue, can you see why I wouldn't advise you to use this as your case study. Your professor would accuse you of writing a romance novel." Willie looked pointedly at Blue.

"Well, if I add a ghost and a lot of three way sex, I might have a winner. But I think I have just been warned, was that a threat, Willie?" Blue wondered about Willie, was he dangerous, did he mean what he implied.

"You know father, Blue."

"Willie, let's get the posing and sketching work done, I want my play time. I can't wait to dance naked with you at the quarry." Blue took Willie by the hand and pushed him outward and then pulled and spun him back into his embrace. Everyone in South Carolina could shag dance. "You know how to dance don't you stud. You just put you lips together and suck hard and I dance in your mouth."

"Don't tempt me Blue. I don't think this family could survive a second 'murder' at the quarry." Willie wasn't cross, but Blue needed a firm hand. God don't tell him that. Just guess what he would of said.

"Baby you can slain me if I can make you scream." Blue got close and whispered. "Don't stop. Do it now. Do it to me."

"Get in position Blue, I need the next two hours to concentrate on your ass." I can play too.

"Babe, you make me feel like a piece of meat."

"Yeah, honey baked ham thru and thru wrapped with baloney and deep fried. Now be quiet please, I'm busy here."

****************************************************************

"May Belle fixed us a basket to take. There's probably enough to feed six in there." And that was the truth, the basket was heavy and large. May Belle didn't let anyone go hungry.

"Fine, that one is mine. Where's yours?" Blue smiled.

"So greedy, Blue. Just like Beauregard. Help load the gear into the jeep. Beauregard, Bonaparte you two have to stay, so don't even think about it." Willie rubbed and petted the two bloodhounds who were always ready for a ride or a snack or a rub. Anytime they heard the jingle of car keys they came running.

"Get in Willie, you are wasting my time now, and dude if you feel the need to pet and rub something my dick...."

"Awwwwwooo, I use that arm to drive you know." Blue smacked Willie's thigh in retaliation.

"Shut up and drive or next time it will be your dick."

The next chapter is on the rocks, please.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009 and early 2010.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/16/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poor willie, hope there was more to blue's little show than just a humiliating scene.

 

I'm enjoying it so far, your style is quite different to the other works on this site and it works.

 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..