Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,058 Words
  • 869 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Creeper - 3. Chapter 3: The Merry Chase

Joy will blind you, my love.

CREEPER

Chapter Three: The Merry Chase

The Future is found in the Past. The Past is found in the Future. The Present, a Gift to savor this day.

~*~

Lady Garnette entered her chambers waving her arms, pointing her fingers, whistling, singing, humming and chanting. Quite the bizarre spectacle. To one not in the know. But to a seasoned practitioner it was a bravura performance of unparallel virtuosity. Over two hundred spells guarding her person and chambers were reviewed, updated and reset in under thirty seconds. Once satisfied with her total privacy and security, Lady Garnette dropped her persona revealing her true form. What a relief to be normal for a few minutes. Gorgon. Hideously beautiful. Grotesquely powerful. Excruciatingly inscrutable. Garnette stormed thru her rooms until she reached her dressing room. There she approached a large, freestanding, wardrobe mirror. Her reflection regarded her back. “You are looking well Sister,” Ettenrag greeted her positive twin. “May I convey my own joy at your presence dear Sister,“ Garnette replied.

Garnette and Ettenrag were identical reverse images, twins in a way. Who was to say who was real and who was a reflection. They existed to guide and advise each other. “Do you care for this gown Ettenrag, dear one?” “Garnette, dear, you know I prefer the darker shades of color, but we do have a certain charm in this lighter yellow.”

Two red smiles showing white even teeth. Two arched eye brows. Two pairs of gleaming, fiery, dark blood eyes. And the hair. Ever moving hair, forming and twisting, changing and seeking. Their hair was alive, a complex matrix of almost unknown intelligence. Each hair a sensor. Each hair a mind. Each hair weaving together with a million others to create a supreme awareness, the Gorgon. Their hair was an extension of their own brains. So great was their power and their power came from the immense abilities of their essentially immortal essence awoken in them with the dawn of the first eon.

With the wave of their hands they announced, “Mirror, show me my Bug.”

~*~

Stableman Landry. No longer the stableboy Lannie pondered his morning’s task. He had hoped to spend it chasing Millie the milkmaid, but that would have to wait now. Prince Isaac wished to ride. Why? The poor lad could only barely sit the horse for an hour’s walk around the garden grounds. Landry remembered the Prince as a boy. A boy who could barely run a few yards. A boy who could not wrestle. A boy who only learned to carry a sworn, not use one. As Landry turned his mind from thoughts of Millie back to his task, he spotted the Prince ahead of him.

Prince Isaac was leaning heavily against the Cattree, heaving. The same Cattree that Millie would lean against heaving after a merry chase. And the similarity didn’t end there. Just like Millie the Prince was flushed with life. Glowing skin and rosy cheeks. Hair all disarrayed from running. His eyes were large and wide eyed, with what? And was he simpering? He kept licking his lips just like Millie did. Was it the same bewitchment. Landry was completely dismayed. He approached the Prince until a few feet away he knelt still holding the mares reins. “Your Highness, I was on my way to the palace, I apologize for the inconvenience I caused you with my tardiness.” There, that was the proper thing to say wasn’t it. Only the Prince looked like he was going to faint. Oh gods, stupid me, the Prince is having one of his spells! What to do! What! I can’t leave him alone and run for help. I will have to carry him. It is the only way. Landry sprang too his feet and after three steps he swooped the Prince up into his arms. “Your Highness, do not fear, I will have you back to the palace and in the care of Lady Garnette in minutes. Just hold on as best you can.”

This was not the first mistake Landry had made this day, but he was about to find out this was the biggest most explosive one. Prince Isaac hated being carried. He despised it with the passion of a demon. Suddenly Prince Isaac was yelling and screaming and slapping. “Put me down, you big ox.” That was Isaac’s first big mistake of the day. Landry knew he was big as a ox, what he hated was the insult it implied. That he was as stupid as an ox. He squeezed the Prince tighter to his chest. “You are delirious with your sickness your Highness, I will have you in the care of Lady Garnette shortly. That’s when Isaac hauled back and slapped Landry across his cheek with a mighty, resounding whack. Well, actions have consequences. The painful slap stunned and surprised Landry so much that he dumped Prince Isaac promptly on his royal ass. And just as quickly, Landry was on his knees beside the groaning Prince who was raging from years of sickness and physical limitation. Anger and envy and frustration. Well here was an outlet. Isaac sprang at Landry who at this moment was all he had ever wanted to be. Strong. Healthy. Beautiful. In moments he had his hands around Landry’s throat choking the larger man while he pounced on the mans midsection. Neither man was thinking. “Forfeit dog breath, or you will breathe no more.” Isaac saw Landry nod but when he released his defeated foe, the man started laughing in his face. “What?” Landry pointed, pointed at Isaac’s middle. It was an obvious erection tenting his habit trousers. A very obvious tent. But that is not what made Isaac jump up and run. No what had him up and running was the enormous and very hard erection he was currently sitting on.

Isaac saw Daisy grazing a few steps away. Without thinking, almost on instinct, Isaac charged forward and using his hands as a brace he vaulted over the rear of Daisy, landing firmly and safely in the saddle. Isaac gave Daisy a real start with his aerobatics and off she took at a full gallop.

Landry took off for the stable. He knew Charger was saddled and ready for his morning run. He would catch the Prince. He was having his merry chase after all.

And my love, I will bind you.

Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in 2010.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/17/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..