Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,123 Words
  • 1,965 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Zax - 3. Chapter 3

Chapter Three

 

 

 

Where has beauty gone

Cut from the meat of flesh

And fed to the swarming horde

To only starve the appetite for more

Vanquished and vanishing mystery

The endless quest sought in lore

To belittle the heart’s desire

 

 

 

 

 

 

Timfer entered his father’s study with back pack in hand and the embrace amulet around his neck. Reconciliation and forgiveness at the front of his mind. With departure and excitement bouncing with joy in his heart. So bound up in his own situation the last few days, he had not given the fact that his father was now the owner of an Elite a second thought, until now. As anxious as he was to approach his father, his pace stopped abruptly upon the sight of the Elite. Timfer raised a hand of yearning before he realized what he was doing and tried to cover it my raking his fingers thru his flanges. Was it anger he felt now or embarrassment, to be confronted with what the bards called paradise breathing. He decided to be bold. He stepped forward. And looked the wonder of ages in the eyes.

 

~*~

 

Aelix felt content. He stood in this world and the greater world. He did not hear the soft breeze in the willows, he was the breeze. He was the caress. He was spirit in communion. Time was his pillow. Eternity his blanket. He napped for eons and dreamed of breezes in the willows. Until… something tickled his fancy or someone. Eyes were searching his eyes. Aelix smiled with his eyes and began his own search. What do you find in the eyes at first, but a mind full of questions. He knew his own mind was evaluating, considering, formulating, predicting, prophesizing, measuring , comparing. All in judgment. His mind would… but he would not be aware of any of that if the mind wipe had worked. So he dismissed the conclusion of the moment in favor of something more intriguing. The mystery of this boy’s, man’s spirit.

 

~*~

 

There was nothing to see at first in the Elite’s eyes. Of course thought Timfer, the mind wipe. Father has not imprinted the Elite yet. There was nothing to see and if all the stories were true, there would not be much to see after the imprint. He was disappointed. Disappointed that the eyes did not contain the promise of the form. Few things did he grumbled to himself. Then there was a world looking at him. It was a physical shock. From empty mindlessness to total absorption. The eyes were laughing at him, it didn’t feel as if he was being mocked. It was more as if he was being discovered, like the first blossom of Downtide. He found himself smiling in return to this perusal.

 

~*~

 

This man was taller by several scales. It did not make Aelix feel smaller. For Form and Spirit are a measure of a man, not just Form. He had to look ever so slightly up through his eye lashes to see the other’s eyes. He saw youth and breathless glee. And purpose and determination, there was so much. The race was on and this one was going to chase after life to its fullest. Maybe a little reckless. This one was gifted with charm and humor, Aelix could tell.

 

~*~

 

Strength refined, defined in delicate distraction. Timfer was considering touching the Elite when the world tilted.

 

~*~

 

Keufer K’han was not looking forward to the coming discussion with his son. His son would deny the need for a guardian. It would be a another long battle. When his son boldly marched up to the Elite, he was standing in exactly the correct spot. Well, Keufer thought how apropos and silently gave the code for the imprinting. It would only take a second or two.

 

~*~

 

What would of happened if Aelix had been in a state of readiness, for this new imprint, that is? As it was, his mind simply gathered the incoming net and deconstructed it, analyzing every minor nuance. Unquestioning devotion and obedience only overridden by and for the care and protection of one said Timfer K’han. Full DNA scan, full mind set of Timfer. Etc. New plausible identity and personality for himself. Etc. None of this was surprising in the least. It was a primitive version of the ritual practices of home. Then something clicked into place. His confusion, his disbelief, his projected, self protection disappeared and realization of what had happened a millennium ago came into focus. In a way this was just another confusing and disturbing revelation, only much bigger. Aelix was trying to come to terms with a sudden tempest of history, his own and that of his race. And like a drowning man he had a vision.

 

~*~

 

Timfer wasn’t exactly clear on what had just happened. But he was positive he wasn’t going to like finding out about it. He turned to his father and raised an eyebrow as confidently as he could. He watched as his father stood from his desk and approached. He had his arms wide and that evil smile on his face, the one that told Timfer his father was pleased about something. His father had him in an embrace before Timfer could formulate a holding maneuver. A kiss on the forehead, a kiss on each cheek and a kiss on the lips. “Depart my son, fly with my blessings; return to us a Paragon.” Timfer felt his father’s love and it’s echo warm the embrace amulet on his chest. “I will watch your departure from the summit.” And that was it, his father released him and walked out of his study leaving Timfer alone… with the Elite, who did not follow after his father as he should. Oh, no, not… that would be just the worst thing… it can’t be that. But as he turned to look at the Elite, his Elite… there was no doubt.

 

~*~

 

The Harmony of Spirit, the ritual was called. It was about finding balance. Often the very nature of their existence caused an imbalance. It was an almost instinctive need. The collective mind would override and set the task. This was the knowledge Sumar S’oar usurped and used to fashion his weapon. Aelix would have had a new name now, but he didn’t. He knew now he was Zax and that for a thousand some years he had been in forced ritual stasis. He could leave now this second. Disappear. Go home. But he didn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

February 2, 2011

Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />© Copyright 2011 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This leaves me breathless. Your other works, that I have read have been prosaic poems, mind expanding concepts and clashing shocking spiralling nuances almost with the story being the least of it.

 

This time the story is the most of it and the poetry enhances rather than controls

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..