Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Runner-Up - 4. Chapter 4

David didn’t have to think twice, there was no way he was getting up, his body was still calling for some sleep.

"I'm not getting out of bed."

Without answering him back, Ryan got out of bed and left the room, leaving David going back to sleep.

Almost two hours later, Kyle woke up. Noticing that David was still peacefully asleep, he gently brushed his hand against David's hair then face. He then got even closer to spoon him. Moments later, he felt David's butt tense, that was enough to wake his morning wood. Kyle made no effort to move because of his morning problem. He even pressed it even more against his friends covered butt before simply trying to forget about it.

Kyle simply laid there holding firmly onto David and resting until the alarm on his sleeping partner's phone rang.

After a few seconds, he felt David stretch and reach for the source of the noise on the nightstand.

"Noooo!" Kyle whined

David didn't say a word. He simply turned off his alarm, checked up on a message he had received overnight, then put back his cell on the nightstand.

David took Kyle's hand, gave it a kiss then kept it against his chest.

It was a good half an hour later, when his second alarm rang, that was when David knew that he should get up.

"We really should get up," David said as he turned off his alarm.

"I know, but I'm really comfy here. I wanna stay like this all day!"

"I know, but I need to shower, get ready and maybe eat something, before I leave."

"Alright! Can I shower with you?"

David thought about it for a few moments. "Yeah, alright."

Kyle was extremely surprised. He had brought up the shower idea as a tease more than anything and certainly didn't expect a positive response.

David got out of bed and went to the bathroom, leaving Kyle still in bed.

"Are you coming?" Kyle heard a couple of minutes later.

"Yup, on my way!" He bolted out of bed. Fighting his sleepy body as he went to the bathroom.

David had already prepared the towels, but that's not what Kyle noticed. His friend had already taken off his underwear and was now fully naked in front of him.

Granted it wasn't the first time he saw him in his full glory, having seen him the very first night, but it was dark and they were already in bed, therefore he couldn't have an ensemble look. Looking up and down the beautiful body in front of him, Kyle felt that he was slowly growing.

Feeling extremely shy and vulnerable standing there, knowing he was being analyzed at every angle, David turned around and started the shower.

Once the shower was running, Kyle got in the shower to and got closer to David.

"You're taking all of the water!"

As David turned sideways to give some space under the shower head, Kyle noticed that he wasn't the only one happy. Kyle desperately wanted to feel his friend's problem, but he didn't want to be too obvious about it. He pulled his friend into a big hug, letting their body’s pressed against each other under the warm water.

If David was tensed at first when he got in the bathroom, but he felt all that tension disappear with the hug.

"Now, this is much better!" Kyle exclaimed.

Still holding onto the hug, Kyle decided to try his luck. He slowly lowered one of his hands until it reached his friends' ass, and gently grabbed it.

Even if David let it pass for the first few seconds, he reached behind him and moved Kyle's hand back up.

“I actually do need to clean up,” David said freeing himself from the hug and reaching for the bottle of soap.

“It’s alright! So, what will you be doing after your class this afternoon and tonight?” Kyle knew that he needed to change the subject as quickly as possible for his sake.

“I need to get ahead on homework and readings. Tonight, well a guy from one of my class asked me to go to Unity with him.”

“Well, well, well, clubbing on a Friday night! With a date too! That could end up interesting.”

“No, not a date. He might want more, but I already told him that I only wanted to go as only friends.”

Kyle was a little envious of his friend, it had been ages since the last time he went clubbing. Although, he usually preferred going for a movie or shooting pool rather than going to gay clubs.

“Thinking of it, you guys should come with us.”

“Can’t, I work Saturday morning, don’t forget!”

“Oh yeah, that’s right!” David wanted to kick himself for having forgotten about it. He got worried that it would appear like he didn’t care enough for not remembering it. “Another time then, we’ll make it so that you can come.”

“Yeah, that would be great. I’ll hold you to it!”

David laughed. “I’ll remember.”

Kyle had a feeling that he was being invited for a specific reason. “You don’t want to go alone with him? You want to make sure he won’t get mixed signals?”

“Nah, it’s alright, it will be fine.”

“If you really want, you could always ask Ryan about it. I’m sure he’d love to go with you if you were to ask.”

“That wouldn’t be that fair to you now would it?”

Kyle shrugged it off. “Don’t worry, I’d survive. Besides, you said it yourself, you’ll go with me next time around.”

David wanted a confirmation. “Sure?”

“Yes.”

It was painful for Kyle to give his blessing as he so wanted to go along. However, he felt this was the right thing to do. He felt that his friend didn’t simply want to be left out and he was more than happy to provide a solution.

“Alright then I will see, I might ask him.”

It was to Kyle displeasure that he realized, after they got out of the shower and gotten dressed, that he didn’t have time to cook some breakfast. It was almost already time for David to leave for his lecture.

“Alright, well I need to go now, I’ll see you soon.” David had just put on his coat and shoes, then was going for a goodbye hug.

“Yeah for sure, but I’m not letting you go that easily, I’m going with you.” Kyle said before rapidly putting on his shoes and coat.

“Now, you really do not have to do that!”

“I want to, beside I’ll drop by the Apple Store after and I say ‘Hi’ to Ryan.”

“Then I won’t say no,” David said as they both walked out of the unit.

It turned out that they got to the metro right on time, they barely had time to walk in, as the doors were closing and the train was leaving the station. Due to the same kind of luck with their transfer, they arrived on McGill campus earlier than they had expected.

“You don’t have to literally walk me to class, I’ll be good from here,” David said was they arrived in front of the building where he would have his class in a few minutes.

“Alright, well I’ll talk to you later then.” Kyle correctly got the signal that he should leave.

Kyle was about to turn around and walk his separate way when David stopped him.

“Are you sure that you won’t mind if I ask Ryan?”

“I’m telling you, if you’d like him to come, invite him. I’m sure he would be more than happy to go with you.”

"Thanks! I'll talk to you later!"

Kyle was feeling sad and lonely, walking onto Ste-Catherine street, the main shopping street downtown Montreal, towards the Apple Store. At least, he could count on the fact that he'd be able to get some loving from his boyfriend in a few minutes.

The Apple Store was as busy as ever as the lunch rush was about to start. Even if Kyle wasn't agoraphobia, there was just too many people inside for his liking. Still, he made his way upstairs.

Ryan was nowhere to be seen. Kyle somehow managed to grab a Black-shirted guy before he was about to disappear behind the stainless steel door.

"Sorry, can you tell me if Ryan is in the back?"

The guy thought about it.

"I think I saw him going to lunch."

"Okay, thanks!"

He made his way back downstairs, still hopeful that he'd be able to get his hug. Kyle was barely at the bottom of the staircase when he was interjected.

"Hey Kyle!"

He immediately recognized the Asian girl to be one of Ryan's friends.

"You're looking for Ryan?" She continued.

"Yeah, he wasn't upstairs, apparently he's on lunch."

"Oh! Let me go in the break room to see if I can get him for you."

"Thank you! That'd be nice, Jennifer, right?"

She nodded in approval before going in the back. It's at that moment that Kyle realized that he could have simply sent him a text and it would have went faster.

Not long, Jennifer came back alone with a face that was telling everything.

"Sorry, he's not in the back. I guess I didn't see him leave the store for lunch."

"Don't worry, I'll just text him. I'll find out where he is," Kyle said moments before turning around and walking out of the store.

Outside, he took his phone and wrote to his boyfriend.

'Brought David to his class. Had a good morning?'

It was now a waiting game. He figured out that since he was on lunch, he'd get an answer quickly enough.

In the meantime, Kyle didn't know where to go. He took a chance and started to walk east slowly.

It was a good five minutes later, he finally received the answer he was expecting.

'It was alright, I'm finally on my lunch.'

Kyle immediately wrote back. 'Good! You're not at the store, where are you?'

It wasn't long that Ryan was calling him.

"Hey sweetie!" Kyle answered his cell.

"You're downtown?"

"Yeah! I just left the store a little while ago. I thought I could surprise you at work, but you weren't there."

Ryan felt some deception in his partner's voice.

"Aww, sweetie! Where are you now? Are you still downtown?"

"Yeah, I'm walking toward Berri now."

"I'm at the Eaton Centre, meet me here?"

"Yeah! I'm a block or so away."

"Alright, I'll wait for you." Kyle hung up the phone.

Arriving at the mall, he went to the escalator to get down to the first level, where the food court was located.

When Kyle realized that it was understandably busy, he thought about calling his boyfriend back and asking him where exactly he was, so he wouldn't take too long finding him. However, Kyle didn't have time to take out his cell that he had found Ryan sitting at the bar seats in the middle.

He walked up to Ryan, gave him a big hug then sat on the seat next to him.

"What's wrong?" Ryan wasn't used to showing affection around so many people. It wasn't like they were scared or ashamed to be seen as a couple in public, it was more like they tried not to do it when there's too many people around.

"Nothing, I just wanted my hug."

"Sure?"

"Yeah. So, how was your morning?"

"Uneventful, but I should be the one asking that! What were you guys up to this morning?"

"Honestly, not much. We slept until ten or so, then we showered together and we left."

Kyle was expecting a comment about David and him showering together, but it never came.

"Did you guys talk about anything or is there anything worth mentioning?" Ryan asked.

"Not specifically. However, he will most likely ask you out tonight."

"What do you mean, he's gonna ask me out?"

"He told me that he was going to Unity tonight with a guy from one of his classes. He seemed like he didn't want to go unaccompanied. I reminded him that unfortunately I couldn't go with him, but that he should ask you."

"Really?!?" Ryan was genuinely surprised.

"Oh, and I might have told him that you'd most likely say yes."

In all the time they have been a couple, Kyle and Ryan usually always gone out together; movies, restaurant, or simple night out with friends. This is why it was taking Ryan by surprise that Kyle was basically telling him that he should go out without him.

"Of course I would want to and I'd say yes, but Kyle are you sure you're alright with me leaving you alone tonight for me to go clubbing with David?"

"Yeah, it will be alright. Let's be honest, you will like it and it's for a good cause."

It was already time for Ryan to make his way back to the store. He brought his tray back and left with his boyfriend following him.

"I'll be expecting to hear from him soon then. If he asks me, I'll seriously think about it.”

span>A big thank you to Jason for the Beta read and a bigger thank to Zandra, who's always doing terrific job on the edits.
If you liked the chapter, give it a like! Also, don't hesitate to review or send me your comments by PM, it's always appreciated.
Copyright © 2015 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..