Jump to content

Mooi 1. Amsterdam Tales

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Fantasy, Romance

Coby had lost direction in life after the death of his parents, and had reached a point where he couldn't go on. But then he met someone new - someone extraordinary. Someone not even human.
The first in a series of supernatural tales set in Amsterdam, involving myths and legends of that ancient city.

Please note: This story contains thoughts and unfulfilled acts by a character contemplating suicide, which may be troubling for some readers.
Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 9,379 Words
    • 3,536 Views
    • 29 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

mogwhy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A one chapter story I found today. It is a good mix of reality and fantasy. The writing is thoughtful and thought-provoking. The longing of a young man's heart comes through as he copes with his future and past.

  • Like 5
Link to review
KrisK

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This was a very touching story with a unique twist. There is some pain and drama surrounding the main character, Coby, due to the accidental death of his parents. Coby unreasonably blames himself for their deaths and so is mired in some deep depression. He seeks solace at a local dance club, but only as an observer, rather than a participant. While at the club he becomes fascinated by one particular boy that seems close to his same age and whom Coby finds very attractive. Eventually the two meet and Coby discovers that all is not as it first seems with this boy. 

The twist part of the story is what I found so creative and fascinating. I can't say for sure that Geron is the only author to have written about such an idea, but I can say for certain that I've never read any other story with this kind of a twist before. I'm not getting into details here because I don't want to put a spoiler in a review. Suffice to say that it's a very unique twist to a story and a very satisfying one. 

I see that there are two other sequel stories to this one and I can't wait to get started on them! 

Response from the author:

A bit  of old home week here. There is a legend back in that old city, that it is alive.

I always felt it was. :)

Thank you!

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
damack1957

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A very thoughtful approach to a delicate problem. 

Response from the author:

I'm awfully sorry I missed this review! Thank you! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Amsterdam is a beautiful and vibrant city full of life.  It is much more that just a good setting for this story.  Coby's mourning and feelings of guilt with the deaths of his parents leads him to dark thoughts.  His fall gives rise to a new love in this supernaturally great tale.  This story of love and hope is the beginning of a wonderful series of stories I know you will love.

Response from the author:

I'm happy that you can see some of the same beauty of this city as I can! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..