Jump to content

Leopard Skin Cover 1. The Lilydale Leopards Leopard Tails

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

There is a lot of drama within the financially struggling Lilydale Leopards Football Club, but hidden behind the scenes is a player holding a secret.

Copyright © 2014 Graeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Site Administrator
  • 02/03/2014 (Updated: 05/10/2014)
  • 16 Chapters
  • 120,476 Words
  • 69,923 Views
  • 135 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • P. Dramatis Personae
    • 342 Words
    • 6,165 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,412 Words
    • 7,007 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 6,472 Words
    • 4,143 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 7,051 Words
    • 4,005 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 6,550 Words
    • 4,092 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 6,249 Words
    • 3,803 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 6,975 Words
    • 3,271 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 8,636 Words
    • 3,703 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 8,604 Words
    • 4,073 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 6,663 Words
    • 3,326 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 7,426 Words
    • 3,242 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 8,812 Words
    • 3,421 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 8,012 Words
    • 3,623 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 9,673 Words
    • 3,930 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 7,028 Words
    • 15,094 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 14,571 Words
    • 4,637 Views
    • 27 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

mogwhy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I stumbled across this story when looking for another shifter story. It was the name! by the end of the 1st chapter I knew it wasn't but by then i was hooked.  I don't like to watch sports or read about them and I had never heard of Aussie Rules Football, the reader doesn't need to either to enjoy it. I loved this story, more than once!  Even though the  story has a very large cast of characters, Graeme was able to keep them all interesting and not lose any. Well done.  Graeme will keep you intrigued until all the way to the end of this book. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
BigBen

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A gripping story, deftly told, with memorable, well-drawn characters.  We meet the players and staff of a semi-professional Aussie rules football club.  (The Lilydale Leopards are a team in the Victorian Football League, just one step below the Australian Football League.)  The players are ready to play their hearts out, but can they pull together as a team?  What are their chances of making the playoffs?  The players and the coaches are all under pressure to perform, and the administration is struggling to keep the club financially viable.  To further add to the tension, a newly-hired gay employee meets and recognizes one of the players at a local gay club.  They hit it off, but the player is deeply in the closet, fearing for the consequences to his career and his dream of being drafted into the major league.  The outlook for romance seems grim.

The author deftly weaves the story, combining scenes from the players' personal lives, the coaches' concerns, the administrators' efforts behind the scenes, and the game-by-game play that is going to either make or break the Leopards.  Several players yearn to be drafted by the AFL, but do they have what it takes to compete in the major league?

The author deserves high praise for making the details of the AFL's draft rules and of club administration just as fascinating as the lives of the various characters.  The attraction between the two gay protagonists gives the author an opportunity to discuss the precarious situation of elite gay athletes, and the gay player's identity is deftly withheld until just the right moment in the plot.  With all the various details about the lives of the various players, the story could have devolved into a soap opera, but instead we are given a realistic novel that holds our interest until the final paragraph.  This story and its sequels are well worth reading and re-reading.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..