Jump to content
    Greg_A
  • Author
  • 1,376 Words
  • 895 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Greg's Rambling Prompts - 5. Prompt 373 - Rowboat

“Damn!” Jason muttered and flashed me a grin. “This is harder than it looks. Tell me again why I decided I wanted to do this. I can think of a lot more fun ways to get all sweaty with you!”

I couldn’t help ginning at him and his playful innuendo and had to admit to myself that I could think of some pretty interesting ways myself. Not that I wasn’t enjoying myself. When Jason had announced he was taking me out on the lake in a row boat I thought he had gone nuts. But the day was gorgeous, with just a light breeze blowing over the water to help cool things down.

Well, the breeze was cooling me down; Jason on the other hand had his entire body dripping sweat. And since he had pulled his shirt off almost as soon as he dipped the oars in the water, I had a lot of that body to look at. Watching his glistening torso combined with the movement of his muscles as he rowed definitely generated a heat that needed cooling.

“Do you want me to take a turn,” I asked, a little reluctantly I admit. I didn’t really feel like exerting myself, but the bigger reason was taking over meant I’d be giving up my show. Besides, all that rowing looked like had work!

“Nahh,” Jason answered grinning at me. “I’m the one who came up with this brilliant idea; I should be the one to suffer.” Jason glanced around taking his bearing of our location and pulled the oars into the boat. “We are far enough out now anyway. Should be fairly peaceful and quiet.”

He was right about that. We had managed to slip away midweek for our little adventure on the water and as a result there were few people to contend with. And of course that had been the entire point of this little trip. Some one-on-one time and a chance to reconnect had definitely been in order. We had both been so caught up with our everyday lives that it seemed like the occasional email was our only form of communication.

“I should have worn shorts,” Jason muttered as he leaned back and closed his eyes to relax a little. “I could have caught a few rays, maybe get that pallor of the walking dead thing to go away.” Jason opened one eye to look at me critically. “And you are definitely wearing way too many clothes!” he announced grinning at me mischievously. “I dare ya to strip! We could go skinny dipping,” he continued as he started pulling off his pants.

“Jason!” I scolded him blushing and knowing it was useless. Although the idea of frolicking around naked in the water with him did appeal to my more adventurous side. Well, the idea of Jason being naked appealed to me anyway. And the sight of him stripped down to his boxers wasn’t helping.

Jason chuckled, grinning knowingly at me. “The water is probably too cold anyway,” he answered letting me off the hook. “I don’t want my bits to shrink! Come lay next to me,” he finished scooting to one side to give me room.

“Shouldn’t you put your pants back on?” I asked as I crawled over next to him. The thought of capsizing the boat didn’t appeal to me at all, but I couldn’t resist the chance to cuddle next to him. I wasn’t sure how comfortable we would be, a row boat isn’t exactly put together for relaxation, but if I got to cuddle with him I’d be content.

“I told you I wanted to catch some rays,” Jason answered smiling at me. “There’s nobody around to see and besides I’m wearing boxers. People will just think I’m wearing shorts.” Jason squinted at me for a moment. “Why don’t you take your shirt off and use it as a pillow?”

I glared at him for a second and the innocent look he was sporting. “So is this all some kind of prelude to getting me naked out in public?” I growled making him laugh. I did follow his suggestion though, and pulled my shirt off. I told myself it was because I needed a pillow, but deep down I figured I could get a tummy rub if I obliged my big goon.

“This is really nice,” I murmured after cuddling next to him for a few minutes. I could feel my inner feline coming to the fore. I was stretched out in a puddle of sunshine and since Jason had obliged me by rubbing my tummy I was almost ready to start purring.

Jason was quiet for a few seconds and then I felt him worm his arm under me to hold me closer. He rolled slightly so he was looking in my eyes and placed his other hand on my chest almost as if he was holding me in place. “We need to talk Zach,” he said to me quietly, his voice serious. “Make that I’m going to talk and you are going to listen,” he continued his eyes penetrating.

I felt myself stiffen at the tone in his voice and I figured something pretty big was about to be dropped on my shoulders. Jason rarely takes a serious tone, even when he is serious he still finds a way to joke about it. And considering the steps he had taken I figured whatever he had to say I wouldn’t like much.

I took a breath, willing myself to relax and only marginally succeeding. “Ok,” I finally said. “You have my attention,” I finished trying with minimal success at keeping the sarcasm from my voice.

Jason winced at my tone, but surprisingly he didn’t back down at all. “I asked Dad to make an appointment for you,” he answered and I could feel him tense as he braced himself.

“What kind of appointment,” I hissed, clenching my teeth and glaring at him. It was a stupid question, which only further annoyed me. Jason’s father was a doctor so there really could only be one kind of an appointment Jason would ask his dad to make.

“Zachie please don’t be mad,” Jason answered, his voice quiet and pleading. “I know you hate going to the doctor. Honest I know – you have told me why. But I know your blood pressure is up and you are getting tired so easily any more. And…and…” Jason trailed off, looking at me, his eyes tearing up. “I’m scared Zach,” he admitted, bringing a lump to my throat.

That one little admission and all my arguments were undone. The Bastard! How he could take me from being ready to kill him to wanting to hold him and protect him in the space of a second is beyond me. I still felt like putting my fist thru a wall, but I couldn’t stay mad at Jason. Not after that. Bastard!

I took another deep breath, willing myself to calm down. To let some of the fire seep from my soul before answering him. “All right,” I finally muttered, ungraciously I admit. Jason had won; I figured he could deal with my pouting over that. And the absurdity of that thought actually brought a slight smile to my face. “When do I have to go see this fucking doctor?” I asked, still a little snarly.

Jason gave me a little timid smile, knowing by use of profanity how I felt. “Thank you Zach,” he whispered and leaned in to give me a quick kiss. “We see him tomorrow afternoon,” he answered and then gave me a more lingering kiss, muffling my growl of frustration. After a few moments, Jason broke the kiss and looked at me hesitantly, looking for any more signs of impending explosion on my part.

I felt myself sigh as I returned his gaze. “I guess we better enjoy today then,” I finally muttered to him, a peace treaty in my voice. The visible relief spreading across his face was enough to make me smile and I figured I’d shock him a little more. “Help me take off my pants,” I said to him grinning and blushing both. “I think I want to catch some rays too.”

Copyright © 2017 Greg_A; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/24/2014 08:47 PM, Slytherin said:
Yes, very nice story, short and sweet :hug: Nice,caring boyfriend :)
Who? Jason? Oh surely you jest! LOL

 

Thanks LBO - I appreciate it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..