Jump to content

Merry Christmas

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

After years of self-deception, Dan had finally seen the proverbial light, thanks to some caring friends. Scott was a game-player, brazenly wreaking havoc with Dan's heart, and he had let him. Christmas be damned, it was time to reclaim his dignity, and accept that he deserved better... much better.  

This is a response to 

Prompt 801 - Creative

Tag - First Line

"You are what I'm most grateful for this year. "

Copyright © 2019 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mancunian

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A sad story of the end of a relationship, we've all been there at some point, but if you're an optimist like me you will see the hint of future hope and the happiness that is possible. A story to be read and one to look beyond. A definite recommended read.

Oh just one warning though, have the kleenex ready.

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for reviewing this story, Mancunian. Your comment is thoughtful, and hopefully, will encourage others to read this. Cheers!

  • Love 1
Link to review
Albert1434

   4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

This is as excepted well written Gary story. I would recommend it to anyone.:yes: With a good helping of Gary Magic 

Response from the author:

Thanks very much, Albert! I so appreciate the review, and never tire of hearing about this 'Gary magic.' :) 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
Cane23

  

Another masterpiece from @Headstall. Only highly skillful author can write a story about breakup where at the end you don't feel sadness, but a relief and optimism. The story where you cheer up the protagonist for being brave and, although heartbroken, heading for the brighter future. 

Response from the author:

Thanks, Cane, for the lovely review. I hope it stirs new interest in this little story. It was a personal one for me, and it was cathartic to write. You're right that it is not a typical HEA story, but it still is in its own way. On the other side of sadness a whole world awaits. Cheers, and thanks again for your kind words. Gary

  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

  

This isn't just a Christmas story.  It is a story for all seasons, all times, because most of us have common experiences.  What stands out most for me is courage and determination to leave a toxic relation and start a new life. This Christmas gift to himself is the start of a bright, promising New Year for the main character. There is no hate in this story, just understanding and determination to create a better future. This story stands on the realistic situation and dialogue created by Headstall. It's a great story that leaves me hoping that Dan, the main character, will get his reward for his courage and determination. For me this is a great New Years read.  Maybe before the resolutions are made?

Response from the author:

This is a story about what's possible to come as much as it is about the past. I agree it fits as a good read for New Year. Thanks for the great review, buddy. I hope others will see fit to give this short story a read. Cheers!

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..