Jump to content
    hh5
  • Author
  • 6,411 Words
  • 870 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Short Stories - 1. The Hand that Feeds You, Needs You – Looking for Gabriel with Prologue and Epilogue

This is a story that been revised with the addition of Prologue and Epilogue. Call it if you will a story within a story. The balance between Seth real life and the story about his search for his loving brother Gabriel for all he knows ran away without leaving a word to him.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Copyright © 2008, 2010 by hh5

“The Hands that Feeds You, Needs You” Series

“Looking for Gabriel”

By HH5

--- Prologue ---

--- Almost a year ago ---

Up in Jake’s room, Jake and Gabriel were making out and discussing the future of their relationship. They felt that they were just right for each other. Jake was helping Gabriel work on his closeted feelings that were killing him; killing their relationship. This was the breaking point for Gabriel and Jake if he didn't come clean about who he was. Jake was worried sick about losing Gabriel. Losing the boy he loved so dearly. It was because Gabriel wasn't as open as he was. Jake knew Gabriel very well, that he tended to keep things bottled up and then start being reclusive to everyone.

Gabriel: "Jake, do you think my mum and dad will still love me?" Jake saw how worried Gabriel looked. He wanted to reassure him that he was doing the right thing.

Jake: "Gabe, honey. You have the best parents in the world. I wish they were mine. Mine fight all the time. Your parents treat me like I'm their third son. I love them so much. They’d, be the first ones I would tell." Gabriel smiled and was convinced that now was the best time. He knew that Jake was right about his parents.

Gabriel: "Well - I guess we should go tell them." Jake pause him for one moment with a concerned thought before leaving.

Jake: "What about Seth? Are you going to tell him about us?" Jake was worried about Seth; about how Seth would take to the both of them coming out to him.

Gabriel: "Sure, right after I tell Mom and Dad when he comes home from his soccer game. I love my brother, Jake. I'm sure he will love us, too. There are no secrets between us ... we share everything."

Jake and Gabriel left for our home walking hand in hand like any couple. They smiled and laughed and kissed each other as they walked. Today, they were proud to be an open couple for the first time since they met.

They reached home about 10 minutes later and entered through the living room where our parents were quietly reading the newspaper.

Gabriel: "Uhhh ... Mom ... Dad ..." Gabriel was scared and trembling.

Mom: "What is it, dear?" Jake gave a reassuring rub on Gabriel’s back.

Gabriel: "Jake and I would like to talk to you about us ... about me..." Mom heard the scared edge in his voice.

Mom: "So what about you two? What’s going on?"

Gabriel: "We're in love mom. I am GAY!!"

Mom was paralyzed with shock. Dad blew his top and shredded the newspaper. He got up and started beating Jake. Gabriel tried to break up the fight. Jake crawled away. Dad was so angry he shoved Gabriel aside to go back to beating up Jake. Gabriel got in front of his dad and starting fighting for his lover.

Gabriel: "Jake, go home! … Now! … GO HOME!" Jake beaten and a bit dazed heard Gabriel. He started running out of the living room ... running for his home as fast as he could. Gabriel kept on fighting with Dad to distract him from focusing his anger on Jake.

After a few minutes, Gabriel gave up because he didn’t really want a fight with Dad but to let Jake have time enough to get away. Dad lost control of his anger and started to really beat him up until Mom screamed.

Mom: "Stop … You're killing our son … Stop it!" Dad stopped. Mom distracted Dad by crying. Gabriel crawled away, went up the stairs to his room, and locked the door. He was hurting badly – the fight with our Dad had broken his spirit; he became seriously sad and irrational.

Gabriel: I can believe they hate me. Oh God what should I do. I can't stay here anymore. Please help me God! … Oh please! … Where should I go?

Gabriel saw the picture of our favorite camping trip as a place of refuge. He circled his face on the picture and left home while our parents were still fighting. He went into the garage and picked up his camping gear and left for good.

Meanwhile Joel and I were getting into his parents car after our game. Suddenly, I felt something was wrong, so much pain and sorrow that I needed to be home right this minute. I told Joel's parents.

Seth: "I need to get home ... Something is terribly wrong! I feel it!"

Joel's Mom: "Ok, dear but it'll take an hour to get home ... please be patient!"

I walked into the house and heard my parents arguing. I listened into their argument without their knowledge and found out it was about Gabriel … about how terrible my brother was!

I panicked and … dropped my soccer gear on the floor and … ran upstairs to Gabriel’s room. He wasn't there but I saw his bloody stains on the carpet.

Seth: My ... my ... brother ... he's hurt!

I started searching around the house. I couldn't find my brother. I spotted more bloody stains; right next to my camping gear. I ran back to the house and screamed at my parents.

Seth: "Where's my brother? He’s gone!" Dad wouldn't answer. All, I saw was the look on his face. The look that he didn't care and he hoped he went to hell. Mom took me into her arms and hugged me.

Mom:"I don't know dear. I'm sure he'll be back ... He's just blowing off some steam." I went to my room and called Jake.

Jake: "Hello?" I was desperate to find my brother and I skipped the pleasantries.

Seth: "Jake, where’s my brother? I need to find him. He's hurt, Jake. Bad!"

Jake: "IDK ... he told me to run home an hour ago … he was fighting with your Dad ... I’m sorry! It’s my fault!"

Seth: "Jake, please don't hang up?" Jake did and went to his bed crying.

---Nearly three months later –-

Gabriel never returned home. School was over for the summer. Dad was still angry about Gabriel. I never brought up the subject. I didn't want him to focus his anger on me or Mom. I kept quiet. He made me promise to always tell him or Mom where I was going and when I was coming home. They didn't want me to go run off looking for my brother.

Mom made me concentrate on my school work and soccer practices. I guess she didn't want me to worry about my brother. But, I did miss him, so much. How could I not miss him? He's a part of me and that’s the best part. He never leaves without telling me where he going. So, I decided to check his room again for something.

I went into Gabriel's room looking through his stuff and started remembering all the good times we had together. I love my brother and I was worried that I may never see him again. I tried to search for a note or something that Gabriel would have left for me. But I didn't find a thing. I cried out my frustrations for a bit with my head on the desk.

Gabriel: "Oh God … please help me find my brother. I feel him and he needs me! Help me find him! Please oh dear God ... I don't want to lose him."

After I simmered down, I decided to look at the pictures of us on the wall to cheer me up. I saw all the places we went and loved and then I saw the picture with a circle around Gabriel's face. I knew he went there! I called Joel to see if they were camping near there.

Seth: "Mom ... Dad ... Joel's parents are going camping for a month. Can I go please!!! I promise to be good and listen to his parents. Can I go??"

After a long discussion, Mom and Dad caved in. I was happy on the inside. Happy that … I can finally go and search for Gabriel behind their backs.

Mom: "Sure dear, you can go but be sure to be careful out there."

Seth: "I will"

Dad: "Here's some extra money - in case you need it. Don't cause any trouble."

Seth: "Sure Dad. I love you. Thanks Mom ... I love you too."

I left the house with my camping gear and went to Joel's house. We left early next morning and stopped by the camping supply store along the way. I used up most of my money to purchase enough food and stuff that I would need for my search. After we arrived at the campsite, I told them I wanted to hike around the area where my brother and I loved to camp. They knew they couldn't stop me.

Joel Dad: "You shouldn't go alone. Let Joel come with you..."

Seth: "It’s ok ... I can do this ... It’s not like I haven't done hiking or camping before. I promise to be back before you leave for home."

I left the campsite to go find my dear brother Gabriel who would be waiting for me at our favorite place in the world.

--- A couple of months after, present day ---

Jake: "Are you ok, Seth?" Jake hugged me from behind, worried about how I was doing these past several weeks.

Seth: "I don't know. It's hard to write this! I don't know why I'm bothering to do this!" I was ready to destroy my handwritten story. But Jake verbally stopped me. I was going to punch his lights out but he stepped into me and hugged me. I cried my pain out.

Seth: "why! … why… WHY … Why am I bothering to write this? Who gonna read it? Why should I let people know about us? No one’s going to ever care! They’ll just hate us!" Jake kept me in his hug and rubbed my back. He responded with a tender caring voice.

Jake: "It won't do you any good to keep it all bottled up inside you. You're worrying everyone including me ... I care about you, Seth ... I care about you, very much ... so does Gabriel." I broke the hug and looked at Jake. He looked like he was going to cry.

Seth: "Do you really think he'll like the story?" Jake smiled.

Jake: "Oh, Yeah ... definitely ... he'll love it because it came from the best part of you ... your heart" I kissed him with tears of joy. I was glad that Jake knows Gabriel as well as I did.

I went back to typing up the story to submit on the Gay Authors website. Jake came in as I had finished entering all the story info.

Jake: "Ready?" I was really too wound up to speak so I nodded. Together we pressed the submit button. I turned to Jake and hugged him dearly. I silently cried on his shoulder. Suddenly, I started to remember back to when this all began.

--- Current Day ---

--- Seth’s Story on the website ---

Seth went camping in the mountains to be one with nature and to remember all the great times; he and his brother had. Seth and Gabriel loved to look at the stars because it look so big when you’re in the mountains and it felt like you can be closer to GOD, more than most religious figures think they are.

Seth’s brother, Gabriel had run away; a number of weeks ago, around mid spring. Seth figured that maybe he could find his runaway brother. He wondered why his parents got so angry at him; why had they never cared if he ever came back. Seth loved Gabriel; so much that he came to the mountains to ask God to help him find him before it was too late. Seth had a bad feeling for his identical twin. Something made Gabriel different and Seth needed to know why.

It was hard for Seth to be apart from his brother for such a long time. He was losing the best part of himself and that would be Gabriel. As well, Gabriel would be losing the best part of Seth in him. Seth searched within himself to try to see what was so wrong that Gabriel had to leave. Seth said to himself. “I know my brother. We share everything, and I mean everything.”

Seth could not believe that Gabriel had something to hide that was so shameful that he would keep it from him and that hurt Seth. “I never hid anything from Gabriel. I shared everything. OK God don’t growl at me; maybe there were a couple of things. It was my own private thoughts that make me different from him. But still I miss him and I need your help in finding my brother. I am so lost without him. We always supported each other and helped each other. How can you split us up? It’s not fair? We weren’t selfish. We helped out the other kids by being a ‘good Sheppard’ to them just like we learned in Sunday school; we always made an effort to be a good friend.” Seth cried himself to sleep. It seemed obvious to him God was a bit grumpy tonight and not up to answering prayers.

Seth awakened early in the morning. He washed up and closed the camp. He needed to get a head start for he didn’t know how long his journey would take before he would find his brother. Seth was worried that Gabriel might be hurt and Seth could not bear the thought that if he wasn’t there for his brother that his soul had committed a sin in God eyes.

It had been almost three weeks since Seth left his folks. But they didn’t know during all this time Seth went looking for his brother. Seth got real worried about his parents being angry at him if he didn’t return in another week or so. “But I have to find Gabriel!!! I have to!!”

Seth kept hiking the trail for awhile. He was getting tired but he promised to take rests before he reached the critical part of the hike though the mountains. Seth saw something along the trail ahead of him. It was something shiny. Seth quickened his pace to where he saw the shining reflection.

Seth got near to where the shiny thing was. It took a bit of time for Seth to retrieve it. After a long while it looked hopeless to try to get it. Then he though. “I can use some of the fishing line I have and some chewing gum; maybe that will work” Seth tried out his idea and it worked; he snagged the object.

Seth grabbed it off the wire after bringing it up, and examined it. “This is Gabriel’s earring. He did runaway through the mountains. I’m on the right track. Thanks God.” Seth rechecked his map of the mountains. He saw that there was a lake beyond the hard part of the trail which would take another day and a half hike.

Seth made it through the dangerous passage and started exploring the lake area. During his search around the area, Seth was startled by a voice.

“You must be Seth” said the badly injured woman.

“I am. How do you know me?”

“Your brother saved my life and you look so much alike.”

“Yes we are. We’re identical twins”

There was cry of a baby and the injured woman picked him up and breast fed him

“Would you like to hold him?”

“Sure.”The women presented her child to Seth and the baby immediately taken a liking to Seth.

Seth noted two things. The gleam in the baby’s eyes looked familiar and there was a necklace around his neck. Seth looked at the necklace and saw it belonged to Gabriel.

Seth focused on the woman. “Hey, this belongs to my brother. Do you know where he is?”

The women remained silent for awhile not knowing how to explain.

“About 3 months ago; your brother saved my life and tried to save my husband. My husband didn’t make it. Gabriel barely made it back. He risked his life for people he doesn’t know.”

“So where is my brother? Did he leave you here and go for help?”

The woman found it hard to continue the conversation. Seth saw that she was in distress and figured that he was pushing too hard on the subject. It was getting late.

Seth made camp and shared his food with the woman and her child. The woman was grateful for Seth sharing his tent, for the woman’s camp had been destroyed in last night’s winds. She was lucky that today was warm but worried that her child and she would have perished if Seth hadn’t showed up. It was late and both needed rest.

The next morning Seth, the woman and her child awaked a little past sunrise. They were all tired. Seth washed up at the lake and brought some water for the woman and baby so they could wash up as well. Seth pondered what to do next. He knew that he couldn’t stay up in the mountains indefinitely because next month the bad weather would come through.

“Ahhh we’d best figure out a plan like how to get you and the baby out of here. We don’t have much time before the bad weather comes through the mountains. You can’t stay here, it’s very dangerous.”

Seth wondered why the baby had his brother’s lucky necklace around its neck. He thought to himself. “Gabriel promised me, he wouldn’t take it off when I gave it to him for our birthday. He never takes off his necklace … unless he never intended to come back for it. Wait … my brother wouldn’t do that. I know him too well. He couldn’t possibly been contemplating that?” Seth feared the worst about his brother.

Seth showed the map of the trail to the woman and they both discussed and debated the plan. She said that there was no way she could make it pass the hard part of the trail in her condition. She argued with Seth to take her baby with him through the difficult part. She spotted something on the map. “That symbol there means there is a ranger’s satellite communications radio there. If you can make it there you can call for help to rescue yourself and my baby. After you get my baby and you to safety then you can send a rescue party to come pick me up. We’ll camp there and I will stay. Your shelter and food will keep me alive till you can send help for me. You can put my baby in your backpack and get him away from here.” Seth agreed with the plan.

After breakfast, Seth, the woman and her child got ready for the short journey to the rendezvous point. Seth setup the encampment for the woman while the woman placed her child in Seth’s backpack. Seth carefully picked up the backpack and the women helped him position it properly on his shoulders. The woman was nervous of the whole idea but it was their only chance. Seth bid the woman “Be well and wish me Luck” She hugged them both and prayed for a safe journey.

After a day and a half, Seth made it to the Rangers station with the baby in his backpack. Seth found the rangers radio and called for help. He told the ranger the weather was starting to change and that an injured woman was beyond the critical part of the trail. The ranger said a team would be up the mountain by mid morning or later to pick him and the baby up. It appeared that Seth and the baby might be in for a rough night and would have to make do with the shelter.

Mid-Morning came and Seth and the baby were rescued and were taken down the mountain. Another rescue team traveled by helicopter to go rescue the woman.

At the ranger station, Seth and the baby were being check out. The baby had minor scratches and Seth had taken the brunt of the ordeal to keep the baby safe. The ranger told Seth that his parents were on their way and should be arriving at any hour. The doctor gave Seth a note that he found stuffed in the backpack. Seth opened the note.

 

Dear Seth

Thank you for saving my baby. If you hadn’t come along we both would be dead. Take care of little Gabe. He likes you and I want you to be his guardian in the event I don’t make it.

Your brother was seriously injured. But he tried to hide it from me. He went for help but that was a couple weeks ago. We didn’t have a map and Gabriel figured he could make it back to get help for us.

When you arrived I thought you were Gabriel. But you weren’t. I fear that your brother may have perished trying to save my family. I am so sorry for your loss. He was the most gentle and caring individual I ever met.

You would be proud of your brother; he put our lives before his own.

Please don’t be angry with me; I am truly sorry.

Take care of my son; he’s the closest thing to Gabriel that you’ll ever know.

May god bless you and your family,

Sarah

 

Seth cried loudly. He had known something was wrong but he never found his brother.

His parents arrived and consoled him.

His parents read the letter and cried.

The ranger came in and spoke to Seth and his parents. He told them that the camp site where the injured woman had been was demolished by a rock slide during the night. He said that a rescue team had found the woman’s remains. He also said that they did a general search of the area that Seth described and found Sarah’s husband remains at one location and Gabriel’s remains at another.

Sometime, later, Seth and his parent went to ID the remains. It was hard for Seth to see Gabriel’s dead body. The examiner pulled Seth aside and gave him another letter; it was Gabriel’s as Seth recognized his handwriting.

 

Dear Seth

Please don’t be mad at me. I never intended to hurt you, Mom or Dad.

I’m sorry that I didn’t come clean to you about why I left. Mom and Dad and I had a big fight. You know how stubborn and strict they are and can be hard to reason with. They were seriously upset at me. Dad and I had bad words with each other. It didn’t look good. It’s not your fault Seth and I mean it!!

After I ran away; I had a lot of time to think during the hike through the mountains. I thought I could live up here and maybe one day you would come and find me. I would be here for you and I would explain everything.

I must assume that you have found this letter on my body. I must assume that I didn’t make it.

So I must tell you why I left. I know you and I shared everything together from clothes, toothbrush, xbox, food, friends, and bed. But what I didn’t share with you was who I really was.

I wanted to be sure that I could accept myself before I could tell you or anybody. My best friend Jake told me that my secret was killing me. Jake convinced me that I had to tell Mom and Dad and then when you got home I was going to tell you too

It didn’t turn out that way. So I ran away.

I made it past the hard part of the trail. But I spotted this woman and man. They were in trouble. I saved the woman but she had some injuries. I tried to save her husband and but I failed. I injured myself during my hike. I sustained more injuries trying to save her husband, Jason. I barely got back to her.

Sarah and I tried to survive by combining her camping supplies with mine. I had our survival guide. I found out from Sarah that she was pregnant. She told me that in her family it doesn’t really begin to show until she’s in her last trimester. She was going to tell her husband at the lake but that didn’t happen either. She told me that we had to deliver the baby together when it comes time. She spent a lot of time with me, teaching me all the things she knew as a nurse, about delivering a baby. I had to learn fast during those weeks. You’d be proud of me Seth. I delivered a baby into this world. His name is Gabe. I call him Little Gabe. He so cute and little; I got hold him, feed him, change him, and keep him warm.

But time was running out. Our supplies were dwindling. I wasn’t getting any better and neither was Sarah. I decided to take the chance to get help. I figured without me at the campsite. She could survive a bit longer than with me there. I figured with the survival guide I could make it back for help. I also figured that the ranger would contact Mom and Dad and you if this rescue attempt should work.

It looks like my idea failed miserably. I’m sorry my brother.

I was going to tell you my secret when I saw you again. But I guess that was not going to happen.

So I guess I have to tell you in this letter.

 

Seth turned to the final page of the letter and read Gabriel secret.

Ok Seth,

I presume you’ve decided to read this final page.

So here goes.

I AM GAY.

I know in our religion it’s a sin. But I wrestled with myself for last two years since I learn that I didn’t like girls. I tried to follow our religion but it wasn’t working.

I had to stop thinking about our religion and start to think of myself. I had to start finding myself and then I met Jake. He’s GAY and he’s out. We fell in love and we did stuff. Dad suspected something but wasn’t really sure if I was GAY. He thought we were experimenting and going through a phase.

Jake and I went to Mom and Dad. We told them of our relationship. I told them I was GAY.

Dad and Mom got real mad. Dad started to attack Jake. I tried to stop Dad. Jake ran away to his home. Dad and I fought till I knew Jake was safe and I stopped fighting. Dad kept on beating on me and Mom stopped him before he would have killed me. Dad broke my spirit. Mom and Dad let me down.

Before I left, I had taken all of my camping gear; I was going to write you a letter but I hurt badly all over. So I just left.

I am so sorry my brother if I failed you. I am so f*cking sorry.

Things just didn’t turn out.

Please remember me as I always was to you; your loving brother.

Gabriel

 

Seth seriously broke down; he couldn’t stop crying; the letter had seriously upset his sanity. The doctor had to sedate him. His Mom and Dad found the letter and read it. They broke down and cried after finding out the whole truth of this mess.

Seth, Mom, and Dad went to counseling. Seth took care of Little Gabe and decided to be his guardian with the help of Mom and Dad.

A few weeks later Seth needed to share with his Mom and Dad his secret with the help of the counselor.

“Mom and Dad …

I am sorry that you hated my brother for being Gay. I love Gabriel. Even if he had told me he was Gay. I would still have loved him as my brother. I would support him knowing that he loved me and you. He’s a good person; Always.

I am sorry; I didn’t tell you my intension of going to find Gabriel. But I knew if I told you … you would have stopped me and I would forever lose my dear brother Gabriel. When I found Sarah, I knew I had to finish what Gabriel had started. I had to, Mom, for Gabriel sake.

A long time ago, Gabriel and Jake taught me this “The hands that feed you, need you”

I never understood it until I met Little Gabe. God has been helping Sarah and Little Gabe with survival and they needed me to continue what Gabriel started. I needed Sarah and Little Gabe to help me learn more about Gabriel. Gabriel was always there for me. I needed to be there for him. By saving, Little Gabe, I saved Gabriel, my identical twin brother. He is smiling right now in knowing I would never ever let him down.

Mom and Dad; my secret that I wanted to tell Gabriel if I had found him was …

I AM GAY.”

 

Mom and Dad cried and I cried. We couldn’t fight the issue or anything else. We lost Gabriel and I could see in their eyes their regret for that loss.

Jake and I decided to be a couple and take care of Little Gabe. We felt that this was our way of being close to my brother. We loved him and eventually we loved each other. Mom and Dad accepted us and all of our visiting friends that were gay, straight, bi, or even questioning. All they wanted for us to be happy and loved.

I know Gabriel will be proud that things … did turn out well.

More than he ever expected.

 

GOD’s Alive and Well (Billy Gilman)

When I see the stars hang in the sky, oh

When I watch a bird spread its wings and fly

And each time I hear the wind blow through the trees, oh

With every breath of air that I breath

All the things I can't see

Still inside I believe

 

In a baby's laugh

In a mother's eyes

Little miracles around us

Every day of our lives

The way the sun lights up the dark

The hope that I feel in my heart

And as far as I can tell

God's alive and well

Yeah, God's alive and well

 

Just like the Earth cradles the moon, oh

How that far-away sun still makes the flowers bloom

And the joy only heaven can bring to a soul, oh

If trouble comes, I am safe in the hands

'Cause I know there's a plan

My heart understands

 

In a baby's laugh

In a mother's eye's

Little miracles around us

Every day of our lives

The way the sun lights up the dark

The hope that I feel in my heart

And as far as I can tell

God's alive and well

Yeah, God's alive and well

 

Call it a little bit of luck

Or just a simple twist of fate

Oh, we get swept up in the arms

You can feel it every day

 

In a baby's laugh

In a mother's eyes

Little miracles around us

Every day of our lives

The way the sun lights up the dark

The hope that I feel in my heart

And as far as I can tell

 

Yes, as far as I can tell

God's alive and well

Yeah, God's alive and well

 

As far as I can tell

God's alive and well

--- Epilogue ---

--- A few months after present day ---

I just came up the stairs after doing the laundry when Jake screamed. His scream had awakened Little Gabe from his slumber. I went to go check on him.

Jake: "Seth!! Come here ... quick." Little Gabe was crying. I picked him up from his crib in Gabriel's room and carried him with me into my room.

Seth: "What's going on?" Jake pointed to the computer screen. I looked at it and saw many responses to my story. I mean our story.

Seth: “Could this wait one moment?” I put little Gabe down on the center of the bed and I sat next to Jake.

Jake: “Sure, what’s up?” I opened the drawer and pull out a little wrapped box. I gave it to Jake. Jake was a bit surprised but he opened it.

Jake: “Seth … I couldn’t take this! It’s Gabriel’s earring.” I nodded.

Seth: “I want you to have it … Gabriel would have wanted that way.” I picked up the little box and took out a little necklace. Jake turned around and I put it around his neck. He turned back around and kissed me and gave me a hug. A moment later, Jake got to one knee. I looked at him strangely like what’s happening. He opens a box containing two bracelets.

Jake: “Seth, these past few weeks has been very special for me. Although, I’m not old enough to ask you to marry me, I like for us to be together … like a couple … I like to ask you to be my boyfriend … we’ll take good care of Little Gabe together … you don’t have to do it all alone. What do you say?” I was speechless. I was crying with tears of joy. I nodded. While Jake smiled with joy, I managed to respond.

Seth: “Yes, I will be your boyfriend.” Jake put one of the bracelets on my wrists and I put one on his. We hugged and kissed each other for a little while. We held each other in love as an official couple. Little Gabe was wondering what’s going on so he screamed for attention. Jake and I broke the hug. He went to the computer and I started to change our baby diaper.

Jake: "Shall I read out loud the messages while you’re changing our boy?" I nodded but I was worried about what the readers would think about our story.

Seth: "Yes, dear and I love you." Jake mouthed back I love you too.

Jake started reading the comments and the personal messages while I was busy with our baby. Jake decided to skip a lot of the simpler messages like "I love the story" to "I’m sorry". He read to me and Little Gabe the more interesting ones.

 

Like the one from HH5,

“Hi Seth,

I am really moved by your story. I love reading stories. I can tell from the rawness of your writing that you've been through a lot of pain.

I am really sorry for the loss of your brother - he did what was right by god and by who he is was a person. He's truly a hero to put others before himself. He's really a noble person. His helping in the birth of Little Gabe was a remarkable accomplishment in his last days.

Remember him dearly by your caring of Little Gabe.

Sincerely,
HH5”

Jake read some others and they were also very moving and touching. I couldn’t believe that anyone out there would even care to read our story. Little Gabe remained quiet and smiling. I smiled back at him. He started to giggle. Jake called out to me.

Jake: “Seth, I think we should read this last one together.” I looked at Jake and saw that he was right. I walked over and sat next to Jake.

 

This last one was from Nephylim from Wales.

“Dear Seth, Jake, and Little Gabe,

I read your story and it made a huge impression on me. There's one thing that you can take consolation in and that is that many people don't realize that value of what they have until it's gone. You did. You both valued Gabriel and you let him know it. Gabriel died knowing he was loved.

Maybe he wasn't sure about his parents but he was about you two. Physically Gabriel may have died alone but in his soul, where it counts he was loved and so he could never have been truly alone.

And now you have Little Gabe. He relies on you utterly. He needs you and he will love you unconditionally. I will not try to tell you that he will ever replace Gabriel but perhaps it will help to know that he came to you because of Gabriel's love and bravery and will always be a representation of that.

Be strong. Be brave.

Be positive.

Love from Wales, UK

Nephylim

Jake and I cried over this message. We were deeply touched that someone whom we don’t really know … who lives very far away … could understand how we felt about Gabriel. We spent much time to respond to each one of the messages and thanked them.

As I was thinking about my brother, Little Gabe was moving around bit on my shoulder. Suddenly, he hugged me. He hugged me like Gabriel would when I was sad. That’s when I decided to silently pray a solemn prayer for my brother.

Seth: I love you my dear brother. I love you very much. Thank you for Little Gabe and Jake. Mom and Dad are no longer angry at you. I told them about me and you. I told them that I am Gay.

Jake and I decided to be a couple and will take care of Little Gabe for you. We will tell him much about you and how you saved his life; about how you tried to save his mom, Sarah and his real dad, Jason.

Mom and Dad have really changed. They welcomed all of our friends even our schools GSA club members at your funeral; they told them that they are most welcome to visit me and Jake any time.

We all love you, my dear brother.

I will miss you most of all.

Take Care. Seth

THE END

I like to thank Nephylim for her efforts in editing and her collaboration in the Epilogue
Copyright © 2010 hh5; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..