Jump to content
    *HJ*
  • Author
  • 2,163 Words
  • 2,758 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Always - 19. Falling Out of the Closet

The night was silent as Drew and Luke stood hand in hand beside Jeff. Everyone made their way to the end of the dock to stand in front of the four boys. Jeff stood tall and proud beside his friends while David stood isolated near the old wooden railing of the dock.

“This explains why you stuck beside him,” said Lucas to Drew.

“I would have stuck by him as a friend either way,” replied Drew.

“Fucking fags,” David uttered.

Luke didn’t even hesitate to release Drew’s hand and pin David against the railing. David was stunned by Luke’s strength. David’s lackeys attempted to help, but they couldn’t get through.

As Luke held him by the shirt collar he spoke low and menacing,

“I am so sick of your macho bullshit! You are just as much of a fag as me. I did not kill Tyler. I tried to help him after you broke his arm and jaw. You may have loved him, but if anyone is to blame for his death it is you. You gave the murderer an opportunity! Why don’t you stop directing your anger and blame at me and turn it on yourself?”

David looked away from Luke’s accusing eyes. Tears began to fill his own. Not only did David listen and agree with everything Luke was saying, but he also realized that every single person had heard what Luke had said. He wanted to run but Luke continued to speak.

“I’m not helpless anymore,” Luke said with an authority that David had never heard him use before. “Before I didn’t care if you killed me or not. All I knew was that my father was dead, my uncle hated me, and that I could not allow myself to get close to anyone because I was afraid you would hurt them. Then I met Drew. He made me realize that life was worth fighting for. He showed me what it was like to be loved, and I guarantee that if you or anyone else ever tries to hurt him or anyone else I care about I will live up to my town reputation.”

Luke released his hold on David. David looked around at the astonished faces that surrounded him. He slowly walked away. His lackeys didn’t follow but instead remained. They wanted to hear what Luke had to say.

Luke stood beside Drew once again but before he could speak again Drew had wrapped him in a tight hug.

“I’m so proud of you,” Drew whispered next to Luke’s ear. “It is time to face the music.”

Both turned to face the still curious faces. Drew wrapped his arm around Luke’s shoulders and Luke found himself smiling.

“I love Luke. I don’t know how any of you feel about that. I don’t care,” said Drew.

Brett and mike exchanged a look and then went to stand on either side of Drew and Luke for support.

“How about the rest of you guys; are you alright with this? If not you can go ahead and leave.” Brett asked.

Many nodded but a couple turned on their heels and left. All of David’s Lackeys stayed. Drew raised his eyebrows in surprise.

The brawniest of the one, Jared, spoke up.

“We’re sorry we helped David. We truly are, but he had dirt on all of us. We didn’t like him, but we had no choice but to protect him. I support you guys.”

The rest nodded in agreement.

“You’re still our teammates and friends,” said another guy.

“We’re here for you guys,” said Lucas.

Jeff gave a loud laugh, “Rose is going to be so proud of you guys for this.”

“Yeah, but she is going to kick the other guy’s fucking asses for leaving,” laughed Lucas.

Luke looked at Drew and gave him a tired smile.

“Ready to go home?” Drew asked Luke as he put an arm around his shoulders.

Luke nodded and the guys said their goodbyes. As Luke and Drew were about to get in their car Jared caught up to them.

“Drew, can I talk to you guys for a second?” He asked with a serious look on his face.

“Sure,” Drew said as he went to stand protectively beside Luke.

For a moment he felt as if Luke could handle Jared, but he saw the tired expression on Luke’s face and knew the previous events had taken a lot out of his healing body.

“A couple weeks before you moved here I took a trip to visit family in Texas, It was a real small town but there was this kid there.”

“Kid?” Drew asked.

“Yeah, your brother’s age.”

Drew’s heart jumped into his throat. Luke grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight.

“He had blonde hair and blue eyes but he really looks like your brother. I was going to tell you, but then you met Luke and the whole David thing happened. I took a picture of the kid.”

Jared fished the folded up picture out of his pocket and handed it to Drew. Drew quickly unfolded it. Tears came to his eyes as he stared at the sad boy in the picture. His hair was blonde and his eyes were an uncanny blue color, but his roots were red and light freckles covered his face. The boy was taller, more muscular, but it was Jordan.

“How did you get this picture?” Drew asked as tears streamed down his cheeks.

“Uh, your brother lives next to my aunt. I was taking out the trash and I saw him in his back yard. He was real fidgety and nervous so I attempted to strike up a conversation with him. I thought he looked familiar. ”

“He only fidget’s when he is scared,” Drew said almost in a sob.

“I told him where I was from, said it was a lot like there. He didn’t seem to be listening. Something in my gut told me I needed to take a picture of the kid so I told him I had never seen a blond with freckles like his. Before he could respond I snapped the picture on my phone. When I saw you at school it triggered my memory and I knew who the kid reminded me of.”

“Thank you. Uh, the police might want to talk to you..” Drew trailed.

“I’ll be here. His address and everything is on the back of the picture. Good luck.”

Jared smiled and left. Drew stood there holding the picture as his tears continued to fall. He felt Luke’s arms go around him and he immediately gave into his embrace.

“I’m going to get him back,” Drew lightly sobbed into Luke’s shoulder.

“He will be in his room in no time,” Luke whispered as he pulled back from Drew and looked into his eyes.

Luke wiped the tears from Drew’s eyes with his jacket sleeve, and then smiled before he pressed his lips lightly to Drew’s. Drew’s arms extended around Luke’s waist as Luke’s arms wrapped around Drew’s neck. The kiss was light and full of love. When their moment ended Luke took the keys from Drew’s pocket.

“I take it you will be driving more often,” Drew said.

“Only when I have the notion.”

Drew smiled and then looked at the picture in his hand. Luke put the car in drive and headed toward home. As they pulled into the drive they saw Jane’s car in the garage. Drew took a deep breath and exited the car. He had no idea how his mother was going to react, but he couldn’t dwell on it. He had to call Detective Bays. He had to get his brother back.

As they entered the kitchen they found Jane sipping coffee in her burgundy bath robe and indigo slippers. When she looked up at Drew from her magazine she saw the tears in his eyes and the picture in his hand. He smiled as she quickly sat down her coffee and magazine and went over to him. She wiped the tears from his eyes and quickly took in his reddened jaw.

Drew couldn’t find words. He just thrust the picture at her. Her eyes filled with tears and her hand covered her mouth as she began to sob. Drew spotted her as she fell to her knees.

“A guy from school was visiting an aunt and he saw him next door. He is alive!” Drew exclaimed and Jane threw her arms around Drew.

Luke was standing in the door way with happy tears in his eyes when Jane looked up at him. She smiled.

“You are part of this family as well. Get over here,” she said as she motioned for Luke to join them in the weeping pile on the floor.

Luke quickly wrapped his arms around Drew from behind and relished in the family moment. After a moment Jane wiped her eyes.

“I need to call Detective Bays!” Jane said as she made a beeline for the phone, still in tears.

Drew turned and pulled Luke into his arms. They sat there with their bodies entwined as they held on to the happiness of the current moment. Thoughts of Jordan flashed through Drew’s mind like lightning bolts.

Jane informed the boys that the authorities would have to confirm if it was indeed Jordan before they could rescue him, but if all went well Jordan would be back with them in as little as two days.

Drew couldn’t ask for more as he hoisted Luke and himself up off the floor. Luke smiled as Drew quickly lifted him up in his arms and began to carry him down the hall to their bedroom. Luke could feel Drew’s excitement and he felt his heart rate increase as Drew lowered him down on the bed.

Their eyes met and neither could help the large grins that had taken up residence on their faces. Seconds later, their lips met and their hands began to roam across each other’s body. Drew was straddling Luke’s waist as his hands explored under Luke’s navy blue t-shirt. Luke moaned softly in Drew’s mouth.

“Are you up for this tonight?” Drew asked as he slowly pulled away from Luke’s lips, to look into his eyes.

“I love you, I want to be as close to you as I can,” Luke said before he pulled Drew’s lips back to his.

Drew did not let Luke push his energy, but it was a magical experience for them both. They fell asleep with their naked bodies tangled together. It was not till later that night That Luke woke with a start.

Covered in a cold sweat he shot straight up in bed; waking Drew in the process. Drew was instantly aware and wiping the sleep from his eyes. Drew saw the same fear he had saw that stormy night at the hospital. Luke let out a heavy sigh as Drew gently caressed his scarred back.

“What’s wrong?” Drew whispered as he sat up and draped an arm around Luke’s damp shoulder.

Drew was expecting to hear about another David nightmare but he was shocked when the words left Luke’s mouth.

“I dreamt that your brother really disliked me and that you were forced to choose between us. You choose him, like you were supposed to. I-I…What if he really doesn’t like me Drew?”

Drew smiled and kissed Luke’s temple, “I know Jordan and he will love you just like I do; Nevertheless, I would love you regardless.”

Luke gazed into Drew’s loving emerald eyes. His heart flipped in his chest like always when he looked into Drew’s eyes.

“I never thought anything like this could ever happen to me,” Luke said with a smile as he looked down at Drew’s lips.

“Anything like what?” Drew stroked Luke’s cheek with the back of his hand.

“Like having someone love me like you do. I never thought anyone would love me. Hell, I never thought that I would live this long. You changed that. You changed everything. If I ever lost you…”

Luke wrapped his arms around Drew’s bare torso and tucked his nose into the crook of Drew’s neck. Drew smiled as he tightened his grip around Luke and laid back.

“I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. I Promise,” Drew said.

Luke let out a happy sigh.

“What do you think school will be like tomorrow?” Luke questioned.

“If I had to guess, I would say whispers, giggles, hateful remarks, and supportive smiles; a bit of everything. It would probably be smart to stick with the guys tomorrow just in case.”

“Yeah,” Luke was already falling back to sleep.

Drew smiled and closed his eyes as well. He thought of how happy Luke made him, and about Jordan’s return. He hoped and wished that they would rescue him, but nothing was for certain. Anything could happen. They just had to wait and hope. Drew fell asleep with the thoughts still on his mind.

Copyright © 2013 *HJ*; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

hey...

 

I'm really really loving the story.. thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif U capture hesitation, anticipation and pure love so well...

 

i thing tho.. there are a couple of grammatical and spelling errors... (vale instead of veil etc.)

Maybe u cud re check those... or get someone to do the fine tuning!! ;)

 

Chewing my nails in anticipation.. i hate the taste of fake nails, and i havent goy any real ones left on my fingers to chew.. so.. please have pity and post more... soon!!

 

Hugs

Frosty

Link to comment
On 12/22/2010 01:16 PM, Frostina said:
hey...

 

I'm really really loving the story.. thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif U capture hesitation, anticipation and pure love so well...

 

i thing tho.. there are a couple of grammatical and spelling errors... (vale instead of veil etc.)

Maybe u cud re check those... or get someone to do the fine tuning!! ;)

 

Chewing my nails in anticipation.. i hate the taste of fake nails, and i havent goy any real ones left on my fingers to chew.. so.. please have pity and post more... soon!!

 

Hugs

Frosty

Thank you! My first review in the new link and I love it. I'll post as soon as I can!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..