Jump to content
    Insurgency
  • Author
  • 1,219 Words
  • 1,233 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Little Secret - 2. Chapter 2- "How It Feels"

I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon locked in my bedroom. The tears just wouldn't stop pouring. I tried to think of something else, but my thoughts always raced back to Jaime. I thought of his silky brown hair, his shining green eyes, the sunlight on his soft tan skin. Then, my mind went to the other night... when I told him everything.

I was at his house which was walking distance from my own. It was Sunday evening and Jaime and I were talking about school, other classmates, and whatever else came to mind.

"Hey, I bet that girl Stephanie is a huge slut." I sort of just shrugged at him. Me and Jaime usually had everything in common, but when it came to girls I never really put much in the conversation. He looked at me with a smile and said, "Don't you think so? I saw her at that party the other day, and she also goes to our school."

"Doesn't Stephanie have a boyfriend? I was at the same party and I saw them together"

"Yeah, but she's always running around with that kid, Kaydon. I heard they always talk and hangout. I bet they do it all the time. I wouldn't mind getting closer to her." He said with a laugh.

I looked at him with confusion... I thought he knew about Kaydon. "Dude... you know Kaydon is gay right?"

"Really!?" He looked at me. A shocked expression on his face. "Wow... I guess I never pictured Kaydon as a faggot."

*sigh* That word... "Um, yeah. Hey, I'm going to use the bathroom real quick." I tried to get away from this subject.

He replied, "Sure, man. Whatever."

I got up from the couch me and Jaime were sitting on and went to the bathroom. I turned the lights on, closed the door, and went to the sink. I hate how he just throws that word around like it's nothing. I can't get mad about it, though. It's not like he knew or anything.

I looked up at my reflection, my blue eyes looking back at me. Whenever it came to my looks I never really categorized myself as "cute" or "attractive." I didn't think I was ugly or anything, but I always compare my look to Jaime and there's no way I could match his beauty. Sometimes girls would come up to me and ask for my number and Jaime would always make this "ooooo" sound. They were never what I truly desired, but being friends with Jaime is enough for me. My blonde hair hung a little past my eyebrows, and my light skin sort of 'gleamed' in the light. I ruffled my hair a bit and left the bathroom.

Luckily the whole "gay" subject was left alone and Jaime and I resumed our Sunday night before school started back with games and total junk food fests. After finishing a few games, I noticed Jaime looking at me. We were both sitting on his floor and I stopped to face him. A weird smile was on his face.

"Uh... what are you-" I found myself being pushed and I was now lying on my back. I heard Jaime giggling and I sat back up. "What the hell was that for-" He pushed me again!

Jaime crawled over to where I was and layed down next to me. He looked at me and said, "You know... I'm really glad were friends, Ash."

Oh, no. My body started to heat up. "Um, me to, Jaime..."

He looked up to the ceiling, and closed his eyes. I watched him just lay there... my body getting even hotter. Then, an image of me kissing Jaime flashed in my mind. NO, stop it. Just... don't think about it. But... I couldn't stop staring... maybe if I just...

I found myself moving forward, the scent of Jaime started filling my nose. Then, my lips were placed on his cheek... then...

"Asher? What the hell!?" I backed away and Jaime stared at me hard. He jumped up and so did I. He started to yell, "Why did you just do that!?"

"I, uh..." I could barely speak, but I needed to say something. I decided maybe I needed to tell him... It was too late to pretend it didn't happen. He was furious. "Jaime... I, um. I'm... gay." The words floated off of my tongue. I can't believe I just told him that! "... but I, uh, also really like you, and..." Ok, I probably need to stop.

"Asher... that's..." Then he said those hurtful words. "... so damn sick."

"Jaime..." Why would he say that... I know I messed up, but how could he say that about his best friend.

"I want you out..." I stood still. Not realizing how serious he actually was. "I said GET OUT!!" He pushed me hard against the wall. My arm banging against it and starting to sting.

I just looked at him, tears starting to sting my eyes and blur my vision. I got up and walked to his front door, slinging it open and running towards my house. I hurt... not just on my arm or anywhere else, but my heart was just shot. I came out to my best friend... and confessed my love to him. Now it's all over.

I sat in bed and kept thinking about how he yelled at me, and how he slammed me into the wall. I'm so stupid... I should've just let those feelings go. When I got home my mom saw me in tears and saw my bruises and was in panic. I guess in my sadness I just kind of blurted out my secret. Everything is just screwed...

I heard a knock at my door. "Go away." I mumbled.

My mom peeked her head in and laughed a little, "No." She walked towards my bed and I threw my head under the covers. "Oh, so you think that magically makes me vanish, huh?" She started to playfully pull them off of me, but I had won. Then, she tried to TICKLE me!

"MOM, stop!" I kept giggling helplessly. She kept going and I said, "OK. Just stop." I pushed the covers off of my head and sat up to face her.

"Well, that's better. I almost forgot what you look like considering that you've been in here for ages." She smiled at me.

"Mom... it's been a day. I don't feel like talking right now." She must've heard the ache in my voice. She got up and placed my head in her hands, and kissed my forehead.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yes, mom. I know. I love you to."

"Alright..." She started to walk toward the door. She turned and said, "Don't forget you have school in the morning. You can't stay in this room and mope forever, understand?"

"Yes, mom, I know."

"Ok, babe. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, mom."

She closed the door, and I was left by myself again. I love my mom... but I'm not in a very happy cheery mood. I'm glad she's trying to help, but she just doesn't understand. No one know how I feel. I've lost my best friend and my first love and it just sucks...

I hope tomorrow is a little better...

2014 Insurgency
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another short chapter I hope they get a little longer as the story progress but your doing a great job and im sticking around for the duration

Link to comment

Poor Asher. I hope that Jamie thinks about what he did, takes the time to cool off, and then apologizes to Asher. I never understood how kids could just give up their best friends over something they can't control. I think I said that in my first review. I'll never understand that.

 

At least Ash has his mom. =)

 

I just hope that Jamie doesn't out Asher when he gets to school. That would be unforgivable.

Link to comment
On 07/29/2014 06:40 AM, paul.b said:
Another short chapter I hope they get a little longer as the story progress but your doing a great job and im sticking around for the duration
Sorry for short chapters. This chapter was short, because I thought the fight between Jaime and Asher should've been in its own chapter. Don't worry though. ;) More content coming, I promise!
Link to comment
On 07/29/2014 08:37 AM, Lisa said:
Poor Asher. I hope that Jamie thinks about what he did, takes the time to cool off, and then apologizes to Asher. I never understood how kids could just give up their best friends over something they can't control. I think I said that in my first review. I'll never understand that.

 

At least Ash has his mom. =)

 

I just hope that Jamie doesn't out Asher when he gets to school. That would be unforgivable.

Kids tend to lash out when it comes to things they don't understand, such as sexuality. I try to always remember things like that. And as for what might happen next... ;)
Link to comment

Ok.

Few little niggles in grammar and stuff that could be sorted to flow a little better, but the important bit is that you nailed the plot development angle of building a picture around the central character. We have more of a picture of who he is, how he thinks and where he hurts.

You will at some point need to pad the character out some more. I understand that as he is largely based on who you are, you view him through your own eyes, but you need to step back somewhere and see your story through the readers eyes too. They have questions and stuff they want to know, so getting an idea of how you are going to show the reader more of this character will help you to fill in the blanks in future chapters.

I'd also suggest concentrating on dialogue. Conversations are dynamic and complex styles of communication and getting a natural flow is really important to a story. If it is too short or too quick it loses its impact and a reader does not build a relationship with the character. It is always good to go back and focus on a passage of dialogue as a writer and think, is that how I'd say it if it were me having this conversation? Is this a conversation I'd take part in? That is generally a good place to start to gauge if something feels right as a discussion between your characters.

Good going so far. Be good to see where you take this. :)

Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 12:08 PM, Yettie One said:
Ok.

Few little niggles in grammar and stuff that could be sorted to flow a little better, but the important bit is that you nailed the plot development angle of building a picture around the central character. We have more of a picture of who he is, how he thinks and where he hurts.

You will at some point need to pad the character out some more. I understand that as he is largely based on who you are, you view him through your own eyes, but you need to step back somewhere and see your story through the readers eyes too. They have questions and stuff they want to know, so getting an idea of how you are going to show the reader more of this character will help you to fill in the blanks in future chapters.

I'd also suggest concentrating on dialogue. Conversations are dynamic and complex styles of communication and getting a natural flow is really important to a story. If it is too short or too quick it loses its impact and a reader does not build a relationship with the character. It is always good to go back and focus on a passage of dialogue as a writer and think, is that how I'd say it if it were me having this conversation? Is this a conversation I'd take part in? That is generally a good place to start to gauge if something feels right as a discussion between your characters.

Good going so far. Be good to see where you take this. :)

Thanks for the awesome feedback! Getting conversations to flow is definitely one of my things I need to work on, I admit. Im glad you enjoyed it enough to want more. Hope you enjoy future chapter, which will come soon. ^_^
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..