Jump to content

Out of the Woods

There are currently no reviews.
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Coming of Age

Elijah's clever and Elijah's hot. Elijah thinks he's got it all figured out. Follow his life in the build-up to university--in which he discovers that, actually, he hasn't got a clue.

Many thanks to Adam Philips for his help on the first chapter. And to Anyta, who is unusually patient :)
Copyright © 2012 Jasper; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

Jasper.....I hope everything's ok with you. You haven't updated in two months and that's not like you. lol

 

Just wanted to give you a little poke, poke to remind you! :)

Link to comment

I've read all 13 chapters and I have to say that your story is in a league of its own on this site. I have never found anything like this, so eloquent, free flowing and at the same time thought provoking. Keep up the good work!

I have to say that it seems to me that Elijah is the way he is because of his upbringing, and the way he acts and thinks are just a defence mechanism that has grown into a fortress with a moat and sharks.

He is just a little kid, he needs to be loved, but he doesn't know how to respond to love of any kind. I had high hopes for his relationship with Mark. Not really romantically, but because he seemed good for Elijah.

I think that the Harding family in general care for Elijah and having known him for such a long time it is obvious that Mrs. H. can see through him. I don't think people are fair to her, because she is a mother, not mothering. She sees someone that is neglected and has problems, someone she cares about because she has a caring heart and she just want to help. There's nothing wrong with helping, in fact, people should reach out to others more often, the world would be a better place.

I will not try to say that I understand Elijah, because when I think I have him figured out he changes, but I hope he will find some sort of happiness and stop living inside his head to such a degree. I think he needs someone to help him, but it is difficult to point to which person this should be, because he will either try to manipualte people or just shut down. I don't think Elijahs problems will solve themselves automatically, or with age, but I do hope it'll get better for him. Being damaged your whole life is not a way to live.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..