Jump to content
    jfalkon
  • Author
  • 369 Words
  • 1,842 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fairy Dust - 1. Travel Plans

Fairy Dust

Travel Plans

"So where you stayin'?" asked Fred perching on the corner of Sam's desk.

"That bigish hotel called Sunshine or something," answered Sam.

"Oh, I think I'm in the same one," said Fred.

They were planning an unexpected road trip. Their company had sold a large computer system to another company. A month after installation the computers were crashing. Their supervisor had informed Sam and Fred that they would be sent to fix it the next day. They found out later that they were being sent to the same town on the same mission.

"You wanna carpool?" asked Fred.

"I'd like to but I'm going to Green Hollow on the way back. It's a good thirty miles out of the way."

"What do you need in Green Hollow?"

"Fairy Dust."

"What?" asked Fred frowning.

"Its some kind of perfume thing my niece wants for her birthday. It's made at this little shop. You can't get it anywhere else. One of her friends has it. You know how kids are," explained Sam blushing slightly.

"Oh," answered Fred he had been half expecting some kind of a joke.

If it had been a joke Fred would have been surprised. Sam was always a little uncomfortable talking about anything even vaguely homosexual. Fred did not understand what made Sam uncomfortable. To Fred gay was just one of those labels the kids at school gave you if they wanted to pick on you. Sam seemed almost paranoid about it. Fred changed the subject to computer problems leaving all thoughts of fairies behind.

The following day Sam was up early. He carefully and methodically packed everything he would need into the worlds smallest and cheapest rental car. Then he gathered up his map printouts. The trip would be quite straightforward. He would have to take the interstate and then navigate some of the town's main streets. The trip to Green Hollow would be much more confusing. There seemed to be several dozen turns from old winding road to old winding road. The only consolation was that it would be Friday afternoon and he would not have to rush anywhere. With a shrug of his shoulders Sam put the maps down on the passenger's seat and started the car.

Copyright © 2011 jfalkon; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..