Jump to content
    jfalkon
  • Author
  • 379 Words
  • 868 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Holiday in Green Hollow - 1. Time Off

 
Time Off

Sam yawned and stretched as he thought about his upcoming vacation. For some reason business always seemed to slow down right before Christmas. The lull usually lasted until early February. The boss was letting him have a week and a half off immediately after Christmas. It was Christmas Eve and the day was already half gone.

Sam was about to leave for his lunch break when Fred came up to his desk with a huge smile on his face. "Guess who's off till the third?" he asked beaming.

"I am," answered Sam with a grin.

"What? You too?" asked Fred looking confused.

"What you thought you were special?" teased Sam.

"Yeah," answered Fred making Sam laugh.

As they ate lunch they compared plans. Sam was spending the first few days with relatives. Fred was going to see his siblings.

"Got any plans for New Year's?" asked Fred.

"No, you?"

"No. Probably gonna spend the night on the couch in front of the dam TV," said Fred with a pronounced look of disgust.

"What's so bad about that?" asked Sam.

"It blows! A few years ago I would be out partying or going somewhere or doing something."

"Where do you want to go?"

"A party, a ski trip, a road trip...anything."

"There's lots of parties. There-"

"Besides those night club orgies. I don't want to start the New Year by getting puked on by some underage kid! I hate this town!"

"Well, go somewhere else. Hell, I'll go with you."

"Ok...Ok, we'll go on a trip," decided Fred.

"Where?" asked Sam.

"Anywhere. We'll just get in the car and drive. We'll go exploring," answered Fred.

"We'll get lost," said Sam and then seeing Fred's annoyed expression added, "That's cool with me. Hey, you're good at getting lost."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Remember our last trip to Green Hollow?"

"You liked that trip! You liked that guy!"

"You got us lost! And you liked his sister!"

"Fine, lets go to Green Hollow then."

With that the issue was settled. They would spend a day in the small quiet town. Among Green Hollow's residents was a pair of siblings who owned a perfume and gift shop. Fred had had not been able to keep his eyes of the sister on their last stay. Sam liked the brother. Neither would say it but they were both excited about their trip.

Copyright © 2011 jfalkon; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..