Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 4,200 Words
  • 1,103 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Guild Book I - 13. Chapter 13

Not able to pilot the airship without Austin, Joshua abandoned it, making his way towards a Guild-controlled village. There he was stopped by men in iron masks. “May we see your pass?”

“My pass?” Joshua asked confused.

“I take it you don’t have one.”

“No, I don’t,” Joshua replied with his head bowed.

“What should we do with him, sergeant?”

“Well he seems harmless enough. Can you tell us where you’re from though, boy?”

“The Barony of Dralor.”

“But that’s…!” the private shouted.

“That’s in the land of the Abomination,” the Sergeant grunted. “Sorry boy, looks like we will have to turn you in, after all.”

“I understand… then please tell Kentor that I will wait for him here,” Joshua replied.

“Kentor… the Prelate’s counterpart?”

“Yes… my name is Joshua. I believe the Guild has been looking for me.”

“Private… go get the captain,” the sergeant ordered. “Tell him… tell him the counterpart is here.”

“Yes sir.” The man jumped, running back into the village.

Once the private had disappeared from view the Sergeant turned his attention back to Joshua. “Now young man… why don’t we go have a seat by that bench. This might take a while.”

Obediently Joshua sat where he was told, his hands in his lap.

“I have never been so close to a counterpart before but I can see why it is such a big deal. I’ve only been around you for a few minutes and I already feel like I am under your spell.”

“I wish I didn’t have this power.”

“But you do.”

“Looking at the sergeant's iron mask Joshua felt compelled to ask a question. Why do Guild’s men always wear masks?”

“It has always been the tradition. Officially it is to inspire fear among the groundlings… but as for the real purpose I don’t know.”

“I know they scare me. I wish they would not wear them. Will the Guild kill me after Gerick is dead?”

“I don’t know. You are a counterpart… the key to the Void. As you grow stronger… and you will… so wanes the power of the old Prelate. You might be a little young to know this, but no one likes being replaced.”

The sergeant let out a moan as Joshua wrapped an arm around his back and buried his face against the soldier’s chest. He could feel his bonds of loyalty to Prelate Lorien pulled, stretched, and yanked at by the young counterpart. “Joshua please… don’t,” Sergeant Brail pleaded.

Joshua did not hear him however. All he knew was the loneliness he felt. Without his birth kin he had felt as if he had been left naked to a cold harsh wind. The sergeant’s gentle nature had been the only warmth offered him in days.

“Joshua… Joshua… Joshua…” Brail said with ever increasing volume as the counterpart’s hold on him grew stronger and stronger. With a sudden jerk Brail's connection to Prelate Lorien snapped. At that moment Brail felt his sex become engorged with blood and rupture with his seed, his vision turning bright red.

“Sergeant?” the private's voice spoke as he shook Brail out of his stupor. On seeing the Brail’s red eyes, however, he took several steps back. “By the light!”

Grunting, Brail stood back up, lifting Joshua into his arms protectively. “Give my apologies to the captain.”

“How did this happen. I was only gone for a few moments.”

“The counterpart can be very insistent when he wants something – or in this case someone.” Brail chuckled as an officer approached. “Captain?”

“Protector… may I ask you keep the counterpart under better control from now on. I can ill afford to loose any more men as fine as you,” the captain said, addressing Brail by his new title.

“May I recommend we be isolated until counterpart Kentor arrives?” Brail said.

“Yes… I will see that a house is prepared for you.” The captain nodded. “I will also see if the blacksmith can make you a mask more appropriate to your station.”

Brail shook his head no as he took off his iron mask. “No need, captain… the counterpart would prefer it if I did not wear one.”

“So be it. I will come back when the house is ready,” the captain said before leaving.

An hour latter the captain came back and led Brail to a house on the edge of town, guards posted around it in a fifty-foot radius. Inside the house Brail quickly took his sleeping cargo to a large sofa before exploring the rest of the house. It was a small cottage with one bedroom, a bathroom and a decent-size living room/kitchen. In the kitchen Brail found a pot of simmering beans and a loaf of warm bread. Preparing two bowls and slicing the bread in half Brail brought it back to the sofa.

On smelling the food Joshua’s eyes opened wide, for it had been three days since he had last eaten.

“Hungry, Joshua?” Brail grinned.

“Yes… thank you,” Joshua said as he eagerly took the offered bowl.

For a while they ate in silence, Brail not able to take his eyes off the gentle giant. When he saw a spot on gravy on Joshua’s perfect pale face he could not stop himself from leaning over and kissing it clean.

Joshua responded by cupping Brail's clean shaven face with his right hand.

“Joshua… what have you done to me,” Brail sighed as he felt a slow burning lust grow inside him.

Joshua hung his head down in shame. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m not mad at you… How can I be when you are now the center of my world? I just want to understand why you picked me for this honor.”

“I was alone… and it hurt. Not even when I was a slave in the mines did I hurt so much when I sent my birth kin away.”

“Why did you send him away?”

“I did not want Gerick to have him.”

“Is he really an Abomination?”

“I do not know what an Abomination is. He was once a Prelate but his counterpart was killed. That took away something important to him. Ever since he has been trying to get it back.”

“That is why he wants you… he wants to replace the counterpart he lost?”

“Yes,” Joshua sighed.

Brail wrapped a warm arm around Joshua’s waist, pulling the young man close enough so that Joshua could rest his head on the sergeant’s shoulders. Joshua then put his pale arms around the summer-tanned skin of Brail’s neck.

Once again Brail let out a moan… he had long heard the legends that the very touch of a counterpart would send a person into the deepest bliss. Now he knew it was true. Joshua did not stop with just a touch, however, moving in with his lips to steal Brail’s breath and soul.

“Joshua… Joshua… Joshua!” Brail shouted, his entire body aching for the counterpart.

The end of Brails yell was followed by the sound of ripping fabric as both men tore at each other’s clothes into shreds freeing their dripping hard sex, taking each other in their mouths. For a while they suckled on each other… feasting off the taste of their maleness. This was enough for Brail, whose seed soon filled Joshua’s mouth with its salty taste. Joshua… having had his dreams filled for days with the visions Gerick had been sending, needed more. He rolled the exhausted Protector onto his back and lifted up the man’s legs up, granting Joshua’s sex entry. With a few strokes of Joshua’s sex inside him, Brail’s manhood hardened again, Joshua taking hold of the thick muscle with one hand.

The climax came with Joshua’s thrusting wildly, his scrotum bouncing against Brail’s ass, his essence going deep inside his Protector. At the same moment Brail spilled his own seed, spraying it onto Joshua’s chest and hand.

While still staying buried inside his Protector Joshua reached over and locked his lips against Brail’s, their tongues entering an intense duel. Finally exhaustion overcame both men, Joshua collapsing on top of Brail.

Before falling asleep Brail whispered, “My life is now yours, Joshua… do with me as you will.”

**********************************************************************

Vard woke as he had the past few weeks with Austin clinging to him tightly. The birth kin had been inconsolable in his grief from being sent away from Joshua. It amazed Vard that Austin had not gone back to Wor. Vard knew if he had the power to go to Joshua… no one… not even Joshua would be able to stop him.

A week ago the ship landed on the other side of the ocean but beside the seven birth kin he found in the nearby villages, Vard had not begun a major search. He was too afraid to.

“Good morning, Austin.” Vard smiled when he saw the wiry young man open his gray eyes.

“Beloved.” Austin smiled weakly. It had only taken a few days for him to use that name.

Vard rolled on top of Austin, his sex resting on the other man’s thigh. “Shall I make love to you?”

“Just hold me for now.”

“More than happy to.”

It was at times like these that Vard wished he had not been born a Prelate… with his inborn sexual hunger. He tried, he really did try to be content just holding Austin. But as would always happen, Vard would look into Austin’s grey eyes and see his own reflection in them… his hungry look. His mouth would salivate, his heart quicken, and the precursor to his seed leak from his sex.

Already his sex had hardened, leaving a wet trail along Austin’s leg.

“Austin…” Vard moaned as he began running his sex up and down Austin’s leg. “I’m sorry… I can’t stop myself.”

“I understand.” Austin nodded, his own manhood not remaining flaccid.

Both young men became blind to all else but the touch and feel of each other’s bodies… both men calling out Joshua’s name as their mantra. They did not see the thousands upon thousands of people marching toward the tiny village Vard had made his base. Vard did not notice his power return, magnify and expand even as he ravaged Austin body. He did not notice how Austin increased the intensity of his own love making, digging his fingernails into the tanned skin of the clan chief.

It was only after Vard came down from the height of his climax that he heard the chanting coming from outside. Jumping off Austin Vard ran over to the window to find the inn surrounded as far as he could see by people… and no one but birth kin.

Vard now felt the power coursing through his body… a power many times greater than he had ever experienced. With all that power, however, came the madness, striking Vard down like a hammer’s blow.

“Please… not again… not again,” Vard cried.

************************************************************

As the village only had the smallest of landing pads, Kentor had been forced to leave his flagship in a tiny shuttle. Still the sky went dark from the heavy fighter and assault ship escorts that followed the counterpart in.

Entering the cottage with seven heavily armed Protectors, Kentor could not help but chuckle at the sight of two naked men crowded together on a sofa, asleep, the smell of sex still in the air.

“Find these men some clothes please,” Kentor said, seeing the tattered pieces of cloth on the floor.

Kentor looked down at his fellow counterpart, seeing the man he had once been… youthful, innocent, idealistic… not weighted down by years of bloodshed… not twisted by centuries of isolation.

Next his eyes went to the face of the Protector… the man had a warm expression on his face… one that emitted kindness, not the fear shown by Kentor’s own Protectors. It made Kentor wish he had made better choices.

When his bodyguard returned with a pair of Guild uniforms, Kentor could not think of any more excuses in delaying. Reaching out he touched Joshua’s alabaster skin. He watched as Joshua opened his disguised blue eyes.

“Joshua,” Kentor whispered.

“Kentor?” Joshua asked questioningly.

“Yes… You have been a hard man to track down.”

Joshua rolled off the sofa waking Brail in the process. “I needed to decide who I could trust.”

“So you trust me?”

“No… I don’t. But I know what fate awaits me with Gerick.”

“Yes… you will have to tell me about Gerick. He has been a mystery to the Guild.”

“I do not know if I know much myself but what I know I will tell you.”

“I am impressed, you are a quite polite young man.”

“I do not understand,” Joshua said confused.

“When I was your age I was an arrogant bastard,” Kentor laughed.

“I think if you look at my master’s back you will have your answer to that mystery,” Brail replied.

“May I see?”

Embarrassed Joshua turned around… showing the mass of scars that marked his back.

“What happened to the man who did this to you?” Kentor asked as he ran his fingers down one of the larger scars.

“He’s dead.”

“Good… no one in the Guild would ever dare treat the counterpart of a rival Prelate in such a manner.

“Can I ask you a question?” Joshua asked as he started to put on the white Guild uniform.

“Of course,” Kentor said with a warm smile.

“Why are we called counterparts… it makes us sound like a piece of machinery.”

“That is a very good question, Joshua, to which I can give you an answer. Why are we called counterparts while our other halves have the grand title of Prelate? It is simple really… we – the bond-mates of Prelates – are not meant for glory. We do not rule the Guild or the Assembly. We do not make laws or policy. Yes, we are the key to the Void but a very plain one. In a way we are a piece of machinery as you said… hidden and unpolished.”

“But why is that so?”

“People can only be loyal to one person at a time… Even though the Prelate and I agree on most things… we do not always agree. If Guild’s men were loyal to both the Prelate and myself they would feel pressured to pick sides in our disagreements. Such could lead to civil war. That is why we have such a mundane title… it makes it clear to the people who is their leader.”

“I see.” Joshua nodded. It all seemed unnecessarily complex to him, but if it helped stop conflicts then he saw the good in it.

Seeing Joshua and his Protector were now dressed, Kentor prepared to leave. “Shall we go now?”

********************************************************************

Gerick read the message over and over again… not trusting that the words would remain the same.

Thomas, who had delivered the message tube, watched the changing expressions on Gerick’s face with great interest holding back from asking questions until he could not stay silent any longer. “What does the Guild want? Are they offering to surrender?”

“In a manner of speaking,” Gerick chuckled amused by the young man’s curiosity.

“What does the message say?” Thomas pouted.

“Read for yourself,” Gerick said as he handed the message over.

Reading it quickly, Thomas face showed the same change in expressions as Gerick’s had. “This cannot be right.”

“It is deceptive, mischievous, treacherous, and diabolic… just like any Guild plan would be. It also makes sense… which is unusual.”

“But Joshua… what about Joshua?”

“Yes… what to do about him. This Guild’s man’s plan would put Joshua in a very awkward position.”

“I thought you cared about him,” Thomas accused.

Gerick did not wait a second before grabbing Thomas by the throat. “Do not ever think I would abandon Joshua. Do not forget it was he who gave me my power back. I could no more put his life at risk than I could force myself to stop breathing.” He then let Thomas go.

“I am sorry, Prelate… I just thought you were thinking of agreeing to this absurd plan.”

“And I might agree to it still.”

“But?”

“Thomas, Thomas, Thomas… as I said before the plan makes sense, therefore it would not be wise for me to ignore it. Most importantly it would be the quickest way for me to gain control of the Guild. Yes, this Guild’s man is asking a high price for his… help, but once I sit on the Guild Throne this person will be in no position to collect his pay.”

“I understand… please forgive me, Prelate, for assuming ill of you.”

“You are young yet, Thomas… you will learn,” Gerick said as he stroked the man’s cheek fondly.

**********************************************************************

Austin walked through the mass of people lost and confused… the orgy he had seen at Yates castle seemed such a small thing compared to the madness that now gripped the countryside. He now understood why Joshua had been so worried. Vard was now a different person. Still more and more people came each day… stripping the land of food and clean water.

Knowing that only Vard could bring some sanity to the situation, Austin went looking for the clan chief. He was not hard to find for all Austin had to do was look for the center of the growing mob which at this moment was just outside the village in a corn field.

Finding Vard proved easy… getting to him was near impossible. Austin had climb over bare bodies and fight his way through Vard-adulating followers. Eventually though Austin reached the Prelate, finding the man wearing a shaggy beard, dirty with the kernels of green corn. Not knowing what else to do, Austin tightened his fist and slammed it against Vard face, knocking the larger man out cold.

With the force and will that had been driving the other birth kin in their uncontrolled frenzy gone, a strange silence took over as everyone but Austin fell into a deep sleep. Knowing that it would all start again the moment Vard awoke, Austin dragged the large man out of the fields and away from his followers to a large oak tree which Austin tied him to with thick ropes. Austin then waited for Vard to awaken.

“Where… where am I?” Vard groaned, waking to a server headache.

“About eight miles south of the village… what’s left of it anyway,” Austin sighed, bring a water skin to Vard mouth.

Vard… who had not drunk anything all day gulped the water thirstily. “Thank you, Austin.”

“You're welcome,” he replied.

It was not until he felt an itch by his nose that Vard noticed that he was tied down. “What’s going on, Austin.”

“You mean you don’t remember? You don’t know what you have been doing the past week?”

“The last thing I recall was waking up with you in my bed.”

“That was the last time you were this lucid.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Vard… just two miles from here are nearly ten thousand birth kin. They are asleep right now… exhausted by your unquenchable lust. But when they awake, Vard… the madness will start over again.”

“Ten thousand…” Vard exhaled.

“Yes.” Austin nodded.

“Kill me, Austin… please kill me. I don’t want things to be this way.”

“No Vard… I can’t do that and not for your sake but for Joshua’s. We need to find a way for you to gain control of your powers.”

“Do you have any ideas?”

“Yes… I do,” Austin said as he walked over to Vard and kissed him.

As Austin saw it Vard’s problem was having so many birth kin wanting… needing him… at one time. The only solution Austin could think of was to send Vard into the Void… where no one could reach him. The only problem was that Austin had never taken anyone but himself through the magic door.

Seeing that his kisses had the desired effect of arousing Vard’s sex, Austin impaled himself on it… making their bodies one. He then opened the gate to the Void and this time took Vard in with him.

******************************************************************

Flying in high orbit above Wor on Kentor’s flagship Joshua found himself feeling at home. He spent hours each day looking out the wide observation windows into the deepness of the Void… counting the stars. It almost made up for the painful procedure of returning his eyes back to their white-on-white color and the uncomfortable mother of pearl mask that Kentor insisted he wear.

Brail for his part was unhappy with everything, the smell of the recycled air, the artificial food, and the same grey color of the walls. What he hated most, however, was that Joshua and he rarely had a private moment alone… always followed by the white porcelain masks of the Inquisitors.

Feeling the need to express his concerns to Joshua, Brail went to the observation deck where Joshua could almost always be found.

“How are you, Joshua?” Brail asked, trying not to sound worried.

“I never knew the Void was so large,” Joshua said, not looking away from the windows for a second.

Needing Joshua’s full attention Brail sat down next to the young man, took hold of his chin and turned his face toward him. “I know something that is almost just as large,” he chuckled as he gave Joshua’s pants a tight squeeze.

Joshua’s mouth opened and eyes went wide as Brail gained his full attention.

Making as if he were sucking on Joshua’s ear Brail began whispering. “Joshua I need to talk with you but I don’t want our Inquisitor friends listening in. Do you understand?”

Josh nodded his head even as he let out a deep moan.

Seeing that Joshua understood, Brail began a long act of foreplay, whispering constantly in Joshua’s ear while Joshua helped hide what was happening with his half-faked moans of pleasure.

The message Brail delivered was fairly old. He did not trust Kentor… not with so many Inquisitors around… the men charged with hunting and killing potential Prelates. Brail also did not understand why Kentor, now that he had Joshua aboard, now seemed to be avoiding him. The Protector did not know what Kentor was planning, but he was sure that it would not be for Joshua’s benefit.

As to what Joshua was to do… Brail was less certain. All he was certain about was the further Joshua was from the Inquisitors the safer Brail would feel.

By this time Joshua’s face had taken on a pained look… a look Brail hoped would be looked upon by the Inquisitors as pleasure. Still he felt he needed to get Joshua away. “Shall we continue this in a bedroom?”

“Yes.” Joshua nodded. He too wanted to get away.

Half naked the two walked arm in arm back to their quarters. They told jokes along the way to help hide the fear that both of them felt. One reaching their quarters they let out a sigh of relief only for Joshua to jump when he saw Kentor sitting in a chair by the bed.

“I see the game is over,” the counterpart said, disappointment filling his voice.

“We do not know what you mean,” Brail said even as he moved in front of Joshua protectively.

“Do you think your little sex game fooled anyone?” Kentor laughed. “At most it was entertaining to watch.”

“So you do admit that your intentions towards Joshua are not honorable,” Brail said as he moved towards Kentor.

“I never promised they would be,” Kentor replied as he raised a hand. “I would not take another step if I were you.”

Looking down at his chest, Brail saw the red spot of a guide laser causing him to stop cold.

“Come out, Felix… let's not have any more secrets.” Kentor grinned.

Out of the shadows stepped the Star General, gun in hand. “As you wish, my lord.”

On hearing the general’s voice, Brail did not miss the adulation in it… adulation that was to be reserved for the Prelate. “What game are you playing, counterpart?”

Kentor ignored Brail, turning his gaze on Joshua. “Can’t you guess?”

Joshua thought back to that first conversation he had with the counterpart. “You are not happy. You are not happy as being only a counterpart. You are not happy being hidden away.”

“Smart boy,” Kentor grinned. “And can you blame me. I have lived like a prisoner in my own house for over three hundred years… expected to be the loyal mate to the Prelate… a man who busies himself planting his seed among the populace.”

“You are planning to revolt… to overthrow your own Prelate!” Brail said, the very idea shocking.

“How long have you been planning this?” Joshua asked calmly.

“Not long… Not until I arrived on Wor and sensed Gerick’s power. Even though he only has one world under his control he is already several times more powerful Lorien ever was.”

“But Gerick wants Joshua… not you!” Brail shouted.

“What Gerick wants is a counterpart to replace the one he lost. With me here he now has a choice. You tell me which person he would prefer… a boy and with his pet Protector or an experienced counterpart… who has the loyalty of a Star General with a fleet behind him.”

“It seems you and Gerick have already made your deal. So why do you need Joshua?” Brail asked.

“Oh I’m no fool… I know Gerick does not have any feelings for me… that he would betray me the moment he has the chance but so long as I have you, Joshua, he would not dare make a move against me.”

“You have thought this all out,” the Protector said with grudging respect.

“When you plan to overthrow the government you better have all your I’s dotted and T’s crossed,” Kentor chuckled.

“What are you going to do with us now?” Joshua asked.

“I am going to hand you over to the Inquisitors. I do not feel safe with your relative proximity to Gerick. You will be hidden… just as I had to endure.”

Just as Kentor finished that sentence the door behind Joshua opened… showing the white masks of the Inquisitors.

This series is an original creation of my sole making. All rights reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..