Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 6,032 Words
  • 2,492 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Angels Ascending - 11. Part Eleven

Chapter Twenty-Two

     

Refuges

     

When over six thousand Legatio and their Famulus servants arrived at the gates of Qul Tos, the Centurions were almost as shocked by their condition as by their numbers. The people having fled the chaos in Domus carried almost nothing, and wore only the white uniforms that Grecoron had given them.

Leading the exiles were the three senators who, so many years ago, had pretended to have bonded to their Centurion lovers: the Speaker, the Treasurer, and the Minister of Defense. It had all been political chicanery. Relations between the Legatio and Centurions at that time had reached a low point, with the Field Marshals worried about a revolt. To prevent it, they offered the three Legatio the leadership of the Senate. All they had to do was pretend to have bonded with three of the more popular generals of that time. It had worked, and the three Senators had enjoyed the privileges their positions had given them, in time making them believe it was they and not the Field Marshals who ruled Domus.

So, when the Senators entered the Qul Tos, they had the expectation of being able to step in and take control of the city and the kingdom. Instead, they found the city under the firm control of High Chancellor Varrus, an exiled Centurion, ruling in the name of King Jason. The Qul Tos Famulus, as the recently freed serfs referred to themselves, gave the senators and their fellow Legatio none of the respect they had come to expect from those they saw as their inferiors. When the Senators told the blue-robed Qul Tos Famulus who they were, they looked at them at first with surprise and then disappointment, as if they had expected more.

Eventually, the senators made their way into the city and found a Centurion guard who agreed to escort them to the palace. At the gates of the palace, the Senators were even more surprised to find row upon row of white-robed men and women, kneeling and praying. Tears of joy could be seen pouring down the cheeks of many, as they called out the names of Varrus and Jason.

This disturbed the three senators, as they had thought they could intimidate a Centurion exile by offering him a full pardon in return for letting them take control of the kingdom. From the devotion the people were showing, however, it appeared that Varrus had no need of a pardon. Why would a man being treated like a god need the forgiveness of three desperate Senators?

The guard who escorted them to the palace left the senators at the gate and in the charge of another. He wore the traditional red and black enameled armor of the Eastern Army, but on the breastplate was painted a pair of white wings. The guard bowed to the Senators and led them into the throne room. There, the Senators' eyes fell on two men. On a bench, in front of the throne, sat a man dressed in white robes, a pair of black wings spread out from his back and his eyes glowing white. Behind him on the throne was a younger man. He was dressed in the blue robes of the King of Qul Tos, with snow-white wings, and eyes that were pools of darkness.

"Senators... good of you to come," Varrus said from his bench.

"What are you?" one of the three senators, Lucius, asked.

"I am Saint Varrus, High Chancellor to the Holy King of Qul Tos."

"You are nothing more than an exiled Centurion!" the Defense Minister Claudius spat.

"Do I look like an exiled Centurion?" Varrus smirked as he stretched out his black wings.

"What are you then?"

"I am a Saint...the bonded servant of the Angel, Jason."

"An Angel?"

"Yes...unlike you three frauds, Jason has truly bonded to a Centurion," Varrus said threateningly, as he stood up.

"It was not our fault!" the Treasurer, Balus, squeaked.

"Shut up!" Claudius glared at his timid companion

"We were only doing what the Field Marshals wanted us to do!" the Speaker defended weakly.

"It was for the good of the empire," Claudius replied, refusing to be intimidated like the other two.

"Oh come on, Varrus." Jason laughed as he stood up from his throne and went over to hug his High Chancellor from behind.

"Jason..." Varrus sighed.

"Yes?" Jason smiled innocently.

"How do you expect to be taken seriously when you act like this. I told you we needed to intimidate our guests if we are to get them to not interfere," Varrus said, as Jason whispered something in his ear.

"Are you sure?" Varrus asked worriedly.

"Uhm hmmm." Jason nodded his head.

"Alright...follow me, senators," Varrus sighed.

"Where are you taking us?" the Defense Minister demanded.

"Up to the fortress on top of the Labyrinth," Varrus said, not stopping as he took a path to the courtyard.

"But that would mean we would have to walk through the whole Labyrinth."

'No you won't," Varrus laughed, stretching his wings out as soon as he was outside.

"You don't mean..." the Treasurer said, looking up at the shear cliff.

"Yes... these wings are not ornamental."

The Speaker's face went pale. "But you could drop us."

"Hasn't happened yet," Jason laughed as he wrapped his arms around one of the senator's waists.

"Don't worry, just enjoy the ride." Varrus smiled as he took the two remaining senators, one in each arm.

Jason lifted off the ground first, making his way quickly up the side of the cliff wall. Varrus, carrying two people took longer to lift off the ground and flew slower than Jason. Still, Jason and his passenger were only just entering the room from the balcony when Varrus landed.

"Follow me," Varrus said, leading the party through a pair of iron doors. Inside, the halls were patrolled by black and red skinned, red-eyed men armed to the hilt with weapons.

"What are these things?" one of the senators asked, looking scared.

"They are Demon Spawn," Varrus explained.

"What an appropriate name for them," the second senator gulped.

"They look... dangerous," the Speaker agreed.

"Philip has taken it on himself to convert the entire Eastern Army to Demon Spawn, to protect Jason."

"Why would his majesty need such protection?" the Balus asked.

"Let's just say there are people very interested in Jason, to the point they would try to kidnap him," Varrus explained.

"I told Philip that all I need is Varrus and him, but he won't listen to me." Jason sighed.

"Which reminds me, Jason... when are you going to pick out a new Saint? You do know that Gideon is hoping you will ask him," Varrus said casually.

"I know... I don't think he would be happy being a Demon Spawn. That is why I told Philip not to do that to him," Jason said as he leaned against one of the heavy doors.

"Then why don't you?"

"I don't want to love Gideon like I love you and Philip."

"Is that what you will think will happen?"

"Yes..."

"Well, let's look at Philip... he now has over a hundred Demon Spawn. Does he treat them all the same?" Varrus said calmly.

"No... the only one he is close to is Darius."

"Then I think the same will be true with you and Gideon. The two of you will only be as close as both of you want."

"I think he wants us to be pretty close," Jason sighed.

"I think you are right. Back when I was an instructor at the Academy, we took bets to see who would you would date first, Alex or Gideon."

"You dated Alex?!" Claudius said shocked.

"Yes... why, has something happened to him?"

"He has been sentenced to life in prison when he should have been executed," Balus spat.

"What did he do?" Varrus demanded, moving close to the senator.

"He killed a Legatio!"

"Which Legatio?" Varrus pressed.

"Senator Perils."

"Then I can easily say the man most likely deserved it," Varrus grunted.

"That was for the courts to decide and we Legatio to handle. It is forbidden for a Centurion to kill a Legatio."

"Well, I am no longer a Centurion, so I could kill any one of you and not give it a second thought," Varrus warned.

"You wouldn't dare...that would go against everything you were taught." Lucius said shocked.

"As I said...I am no longer a Centurion, so why should I follow the old traditions? Just remember that, when you think about causing trouble."

The rest of the trip through the Keep was made in silence, until the party stopped in front of a pair of double doors.

"Try not to look shocked...that will only make him angry," Varrus warned before opening the doors.

That turned out to be impossible since, inside, Philip stood completely naked, the white veins etched on his body glowing against his black skin. During recent weeks his retractable claws had grown out, as well as a long tail that he wrapped around his waist. His ears were now pointed and two small bumps were growing on his forehead, signs of the horns that would eventually emerge.

On seeing Jason, Philip grinned, showing off his white fangs. He let his tail fall behind him, which swished as he walked over to his Angel before he pulled him into a kiss. Once they finished greeting each other, Philip wrapped his tail around Jason's body.

"Demon Philip... may I present the Domus Senate's Speaker, Treasurer, and Defense Minister," Varrus introduced.

"Why are they here?" Philip growled, glaring at the three men with his white eyes.

"Xavier has seized power. We need your help," Balus, got the courage to say.

"Why should we care?" Philip grunted.

"Because this will mean the fall of Domus...your home," the Speaker pleaded.

"As you can see, I have found a new home," Philip said, wrapping his arms around Jason protectively, sending shudders down the spines of all three senators. To see Jason, with his Angelic beauty, embraced by what they saw as a monster was too much for the three of them.

Philip saw the disgust in the men's eyes. To him his new body was beautiful, even though he knew that most people would not see it that way. That is why Varrus had convinced Philip to remain hidden here in the Labyrinth Keep, with his growing army of Demon Spawn. Still, he did not like having to deal with fools who could not see the loving relationship he had with Jason.

"What do you want of us?" Philip demanded, trying hard to control his temper for Jason's sake.

"We wish to speak to Field Marshal Darius and order... I mean... request that he send his army back to Domus to remove Xavier," Lucius explained.

"I am not sure you would be happy with the Field Marshal's decision," Varrus warned.

"We insist," the Speaker demanded.

"Very well... Senators, may I present to you Field Marshal Darius," Varrus said, pointing at the shadow in the corner.

Out of the corner came Darius. He, too, had progressed in his physical change. The parts of his skin that had not turned black had gone from a tanned brown to a blood red. He did not have the tail or horns that Philip had, but his teeth and nails had definitely sharpened.

"What trick is this?" the Speaker demanded.

"Here is Field Marshal Darius... Demon Spawn, servant to Philip." Varrus grinned, loving the confusion on the three men's faces.

"Senators." Darius bowed politely.

"What are we going to do?" the Treasurer said, panicked.

"We are going to get to the bottom of this, is what we are going to do," Claudius insisted. "How did all this happen?"

"Philip truly loved Jason and Jason loved him in return. All you see is because of their love," Varrus said in a warning tone.

"But none of the records speak of this," the Speaker insisted.

"No, but that is what happened. Now, when Philip gives his anima to other men they become his Demon Spawn. Jason, when he bonds to a Centurion such as I, creates a winged Saint."

"This sounds like a bunch of Jadoorian nonsense," the Defense Chairman said cynically.

"That makes sense because Jadoor is where we originally came from," Varrus replied.

"I see... that is what we saw outside. You think you are the Sons of the Mother... Gods for us to worship! What you really are is just a bunch of deluded Centurions who forget where their loyalties lie!" the Defense Minister accused.

Varrus grabbed the back of Claudius neck tightly. "That was not our doing! It is Qul Tos' old legends that foretold an Angel would come from heaven to save them. I did not know that freeing the serfs would make them believe that the legends were coming true," Varrus explained.

"But you don't correct them," the Speaker pointed out.

Varrus waved the complaint off with his free hand. "Why should I... It gives the people hope when they need something to believe in."

"But when they find out you are a fraud," Claudius squealed, trying to free himself from Varrus's grip..

"Am I a fraud?" Varrus smiled.

"You are just a Centurion with wings," the Defense Chairman smirked.

"I am much more than that," Varrus grunted, letting go of the senator. He then took a sword from the wall. Taking the hilt and blade in both hands, he proceeded to bend it until it broke in half.

"Neat trick," Claudius laughed.

Having heard enough, Philip let his tail unwrap from Jason's waist and shoot out into the laughing senator's mouth, causing the man to fall down to the floor, gagging and failing to remove the invading object.

"Now you listen to me. You will receive our help only if WE agree to give it to you. If all we give you is moldy bread, then you will eat it and be grateful. If we hand you a shovel and tell you to dig your own graves, you will do it and be happy we are giving you a sense of purpose. We no longer care about the Senate, Domus, or the war with Jadoor. If you want to live here, it will be as citizens of Qul Tos, not the empire," Philip shouted so loud that the windows shook.

"You have no right..." the Speaker said in a near whisper.

Varrus went to the desk and picked up a piece of parchment, which he read for the benefit of the senators. "I... Xavier, first Emperor of Domus hereby free Field Marshal Darius and the Western Centurion Army from any future service to Domus. I also grant Qul Tos it's independence from the empire, to be ruled as Field Marshal Darius sees fit, on the condition that the Field Marshal and his men accept exile from the empire."

"But he has no power to do that!" Lucius insisted.

"He controls Domus so he can do whatever he wants. Since I have accepted his offer, as long as he stays on his side of the mountains, I will not interfere with what is an internal problem in Domus," Darius replied.

"But what of us Legatio... where will future Centurions come from if we don't have children?" Claudius pointed out.

"I see no problem. We Centurions can have children of our own... we just do not find it as enjoyable as you Legatio."

"But that will take decades... in the mean time you will all die," the Speaker said nervously, his eye frozen on the Defense Minister's thrashing on the floor, Philip's tail suffocating him.

"Well, until then we have you to give us children." Varrus chuckled.

"What if we do not cooperate?" Lucius replied.

"You will, because, if you don't, we will send you back to Domus and, trust me, you will find Qul Tos much more hospitable than your old home is now."

His shoulders slumped and head bowed, the Speaker's demeanor showed that no resistance remained. "We will do whatever you wish,"

"Yes, yes, whatever you want!" the Treasurer sputtered out.

"Good... I'm glad we are in agreement." Philip smiled evilly waving three Demon Spawn closer.

"No no no... we promised we would do whatever you want!" the Speaker shouted as the black and red men took hold of him, leading him away.

"Yes...but I want you to know what you will face if you ever cross me again." Philip laughed.

"Nooooooo!" the Treasure yelled just as the doors were closed behind them.

Philip chuckled softly as he let his tail slip out of the Defense Chairman's mouth. Varrus did not need to check the man's pulse to know that he was dead. "Was that necessary?"

"Yes it was... that one would have spurred the other two to cause trouble for us whenever possible. Better to kill him now than having to kill all three of them," Philip explained.

"What do you want done with the refugees?" Jason asked.

"Bring them into the city, but separate the Famulus from their Legatio masters. The troublemakers will stay here where we can keep an eye on them, while we settle the others around the city."

"Where would you like me to put them until then?" Varrus asked.

"The Famulus... in the palace, baths, and here in the Labyrinth. I believe they will be able to handle working with my Spawn, and I think you and Jason would like having trained servants for a change.

"The Qul Tos Famulus are not that bad," Jason said in their defense.

"No, but they are uncomfortable working in the bathhouse or anywhere when you are not fully clothed. Domus Famulus don't have such problems. I am also hoping that you will find more Saints among them, as you have not found any among the Tosians.

"I..." Jason wanted to protest.

"I think Jason wants to know the possible candidates first before changing their lives," Varrus said in Jason's defense.

"Why?" Philip asked, not understanding. Every day he picked three or four Centurion guards to convert into Demon Spawn.

"I am not saying the emotional connection you have with your Spawn is not as strong as Jason has with his. I am sure they are just as passionate. Jason's Saints, though need a lot more attention than yours do...he actually has to take care of them," Varrus explained.

"I take care of mine!" Philip said defensively.

"Yes, but yours need so little... a slap on the back, a little sex, and a good whipping. Jason has to talk to his children, ask them how they are feeling, and comfort them."

"Infants!" Philip laughed, avoiding the glare Jason was giving him. "Fine... so Jason will never be the breeder I am!"

"He could not even take care of the same number of Followers as you have now," Varrus agreed.

"Still, Jason... you need more than just Kristen, Caleb and Varrus."

"I know..." Jason said guilty.

"How about Gideon? I know you like him," Philip asked.

"I am going to ask him today," Jason agreed.

"Good... I guess that leaves only Rondus from our old party." Philip laughed. "You want him?"

"I don't think he could stand being happy all the time." Jason grinned.

"And I know he would not like me telling him what to do, so how about we just call him a lost cause," Philip agreed.

"Alright." Jason laughed.

"So we agree. We expand our little family a little... you bring in Gideon and a few of the Domus Famulus. I'll try to keep my Spawn below five hundred."

"I'll try."

"Good. Varrus take Jason back down so he can ask Gideon. It will be dark soon, and I want my Angel back up here with me before nightfall," Philip instructed.

"Don't trust my night flying?" Varrus laughed.

"Not since you banged my head against the cliff wall that one time." Philip grinned, his fangs glistening in the torchlight.

"Goodbye, Philip," Jason said before planting a kiss on his lover's face.

"Goodbye, Jason." Philip grinned. He let his tail wrap around Jason, lifting him off the ground so they could be face to face. "I'm going to need some of your special attention tonight."

"I'll be here." Jason smiled back.

"Oh, I love you so much," Philip almost cried as he hugged his lover tightly.

"I love you too," Jason agreed.

Philip, relaxing his tail, let Jason's feet return to the floor. "Go now, or else I will take you right here and now, and you need your strength for Gideon."

"I can talk to Gideon tomorrow," Jason offered.

"No... you need to do it today. I'll manage," Philip replied.

He watched out his window as Varrus and Jason flew back down to the Palace knowing that, as long as Varrus was nearby, he didn't have to worry about Jason's safety. A hand placed on his shoulder finally interrupted his vigil at the window. "I am ready, sir," a black-and-red armored Centurion private said nervously.

Philip turned around and looked down on the young man in his early twenties, just out of the Academy. His body was shaking but his eyes were determined.

"Follow me, Koltus." Philip smiled, leading the man to a spare bedroom.

Philip, already naked, climbed onto the black silk sheet, stretching his body. "Undress," he ordered, but said it more to give the man something to think on instead of what was about to happen.

"Yes, sir," the man agreed. He had short-cropped blond hair, blue eyes and the slender build and strong arms of a bow master, as verified by the tattoos on his back.

Philip looked at the handsome man, feeling lust slowly building inside him, but something was holding him back. It might have been that the man was much younger than most of the veterans who had volunteered to become Demon Spawn. It might also have been how the young man's body shook, not with anticipation like most of the Centurions, but with fear.

"Why did you volunteer to become one of my children?" Philip asked after a long moment of thought.

"I want to be the best," Koltus replied.

"The best what?"

"The best of the best, the best Centurion I can be," Koltus replied.

"And you think becoming one of my Spawn will do that?"

"Yes... they are stronger than any Centurions I knew at the Academy."

"It is a major change in your life, and you are very young," Philip noted.

"But..."

"Do you know why only the veterans are coming to me and asking me to make them Demon Spawn?"

"To become stronger?"

"No... to live longer. Most of the men are in their late thirties with two or three years of life left to them. When they come to me, it is with eagerness, knowing they are escaping what they thought would be their death. They have some fear, but nothing compared to the stink you are making."

"I'm sorry... I am sure I will be braver after you make me one of your Spawn."

"I'm not going to."

"But you said you would!" Koltus protested.

"You would never make a good Demon Spawn. A Demon Spawn must always be in control of his emotions... something I think you will never be able to do."

"Then I will always be mediocre," Koltus pouted.

"No... you will just have to take a different path to greatness. Instead of becoming a Spawn, I am going to make you part of Jason's personal bodyguard. Stay close to him. Talk to him. He might never pick you, but at least you will be free to express yourself."

"What will happen if he picks me?"

"You know Varrus?"

"Yes," Koltus nodded.

"He is a child of Jason, just like Field Marshal Darius is my child."

"You mean Jason gave Varrus his wings?" Koltus said amazed.

"Yes he did." Philip smiled.

"Varrus is stronger than a Demon Spawn!"

"Well... most of them," Philip chuckled.

"Will Jason do the same for me?"

"That is up to Jason, but I can tell you he is looking for a few more people to bond to, so if you are around him, and tell him you are interested in becoming one of his Saints, then I think you stand a chance."

"Thank you." Koltus smiled, running over to the bed and giving Philip a kiss.

"You better go now and tell the Famulus to paint wings on your armor."

"I will... thank you again."

"You're welcome. Please send the Field Marshal in as you go," Philip asked.

"Yes."

Five minutes later Darius walked onto the room and proceeded to undress before joining Philip on the bed. "That was nice of you."

"I am glad you can see that." Philip grinned as he rolled on top of Darius.

"Hmmmmmm." Darius grinned looking at Philip's tail with a wicked smile.

"Yes...?" Philip smiled back

"That tail of yours." Darius licked his lips.

"What would you like to do with it?"

"I would like to suck on it and then have it shoved inside me, sir."

"Well, since you said sir, I guess I can allow that." Philip grinned.

After sucking and wetting the leathery tail Darius lifted up his legs so he could be impaled. Standing up on his knees Philip let his tail slip between his thighs, his manhood resting on top of it. It slid easily inside Darius. Wrapping his hand around his cock and tail, Philip pulled six inches in and out, letting the tail rub against his sex, letting it become engorged with blood. He used his other free hand to reach over and take hold of Darius's manhood and massage it.

Philip pulled his tail out and replaced it with his own hard manhood, quickly shooting his poisoned seed inside his Spawn. Within moments the madness overtook Darius, forcing Philip to pull him into a bear hug, his claws extended and digging onto the Field Marshal's skin.

The combination of Philip's will, and the pain he was inflicting drew Darius back from the brink. Slowly he calmed down, his eyes losing their madness.

"You need to go see Varrus," Philip chided Darius.

"I can handle it," Darius said as he gasped for breath.

"You need the antidote. Varrus can give it to you."

"He is not as passionate as you. He sees no pleasure in pain," Darius protested.

"Yes... he is a Saint. Do you actually think Jason and I do the same things that we do?" Philip laughed.

"I'll see Varrus, then, but I won't stay to listen to him ramble on! I don't need to talk about my feelings with him!"

"Of course not. You are a Demon Spawn. You don't talk about your emotions; you go find someone and fuck or fight your feelings out."

"That's what I like about you, sir... I get to do both." Darius grinned.

"I like it as well. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened between us if the thing between Jason and I had not happened.

"We would be doing the same things we are doing now."

"Yes... but would things have been better?"

"I am perfectly happy being your slave." Darius chuckled.

"You are just a horny bastard who knows one of his own when he sees one." Philip laughed.

Darius reached over to rub the nubs of Philip's growing horns. "Not as horny as you are getting."

"Get going!" Philip laughed, getting off Darius.

"You going to whip me to get me out of here?"

"That's just what you want me to do," Philip pointed out. "It does not make it much of a punishment."

"True." Darius laughed.

"Leave... I plan to spend the entire night with Jason this time. After he is back the palace we can have a little fun," Philip offered.

"Alright... but I get to pick the instruments," Darius insisted.

"Fine... now get out of here. I need to get things ready for Jason," Philip ordered as he started to clean up the bed.

   

Chapter Twenty-Three

     

Friendship's Bond

     

Gideon had been feeling very isolated lately. Philip and Darius were high above the city in the Keep. Jason and Varrus were busy running the kingdom, with Caleb and Kristen's help. That had left Gideon alone with Rondus most of the time, and that had been less then enjoyable.

Gideon didn't understand why Jason had not asked him to become one of his Saints. He was sure that he could do just as good a job watching over him as Varrus. Gideon also had to admit that he was still in love with the Angel. Even though Jason was taller, stronger, and looked older than him, Gideon still saw him as the skinny kid he had first met at the gymnasium in Domus.

He was in one of those depressed moods when Caleb walked into his room. "Yes?"

"Jason would like you to meet him in the garden," Caleb replied.

"Alright..." Gideon nodded. He stood up, tying his rapier to his severed arm. He knew it made him look weird, but having the false limb let him feel more whole, and who knew when the Sindar would come for Jason again? Walking through the palace, he was escorted by Caleb and a new, young-looking guard. The man, Koltus, beamed with pride, his eyes always looking down at the freshly painted white wings on his breastplate as he escorted them to Jason. Stepping into the garden, Gideon saw Jason dressed in red pants and a white shirt, the same uniform he had liked so much back at the Academy. It reflected his being a Legatio, but related more to Centurion culture. Gideon was sure that Jason's pick of clothing was not an accident.

"Just like old times." Gideon smiled, wrapping an arm around Jason's waist.

"I wish it were," Jason sighed. "Alex has been sentenced to life in prison for killing a Legatio Senator."

"Oh no... Which one."

Jason hesitated before replying. "Your father... Perils."

"I don't blame him," Gideon replied after a long silence as he tried to fight back the tears.

"It makes me think he should have come with us." Jason sighed.

"You miss Alex?" Gideon asked, even though he could see the tears also dropping down Jason's face, but for different reasons.

"Yes I do, but what I miss more is what the three of us had together. We were such a team."

The way Jason said that made Gideon feel that Jason was talking about something that had happened many years ago instead of several months. He had to admit that he felt the same. So much had happened and changed since they had fled the Academy together.

After a long moment of silence, Jason spoke again: "I want to get some of what we had back."

"How would you like to do that?" Gideon asked with anticipation, already knowing what Jason was going to say.

"With this," Jason said as he turned quickly to face Gideon, bending his head down to give him his anima fluid. Gideon responded by lifting himself up on his toes and wrapping his arms around the back of Jason's neck. Jason's hands kept busy unbuckling Gideon's rapier, unbuttoning his pants and shirt, and letting them fall to the ground. Jason let his white wings embrace Gideon's naked and hard body, covering him from Koltus's spying view. In Jason's wings the change began to overtake Gideon. His body grew by five inches, until he was taller than Jason. It then thickened out with muscle as his body grew stronger. His skin paled but did not turn into the marble white of Jason's. His eyes turned glowing white and his hair changed from blond to black as the final changes occurred.

Slowly at first, then faster, the stump of Gideon's arm began to twist and grow, branching out into a hand with five fingers. Gideon watched with amazement as his limb was restored in less than twenty minutes. At the moment when the arm and hand were fully formed, a pair of black wings emerged out of his back, causing a brief moment of pain.

Gideon brushed Jason's check with his new hand, now looking down, instead of up at the person he loved. Spreading his large wings, he pushed Jason's wings back. Then, after giving his new arm a good look, he used it with his other one to lift Jason off his feet, carrying him back to the palace, and to his bedroom.

Koltus, still curious, followed after them and listened at the door to the wild yelling and laughter coming from the young lovers. All the disappointment Koltus had felt at being turned down by Philip was gone. Saints were definitely more impressive than Demon Spawn.

     

     

When Varrus came for Jason at sunset he had to hold back his laughter. The room was a mess of sheets, pillows, and loose feathers. Both boys were on the floor, satisfied grins on their sleeping faces. Varrus first lifted Gideon up, placing him on the bed. He then took Jason in his arms, letting the young man's head rest on his shoulder. Carrying Jason out of the bedroom and back to the garden, Varrus leapt into the air, returning to the Labyrinth Keep and right to Philip's bedroom.

"I see Gideon made him pay for his lack of attention over the past few weeks." Philip chuckled, on seeing Jason so tired.

"The two of them did make quite a mess," Varrus agreed.

"Good. He needs one of us to have a little fun with," Philip said as he made his way over to the bed.

"When shall I come for him?" Varrus asked after laying Jason down.

"At dawn. I need to ask you a favor though," Philip said.

"Yes?" Varrus asked, curious.

"The poison is getting to Darius. I've told him to go to you, but he is resisting the idea," Philip explained.

"I know... he finds me... boring."

"Yes... that is why I was wondering if you would mind slapping him around a little before making love. Maybe use a whip?" Philip said, offering one in his hands.

"I thought that was your job." Varrus laughed.

"Darius is Demon Spawn. According to what Kristen has told me, the sensation of pain and pleasure become almost one and the same. Trust me, Darius would not mind your tender form of love making, if you started it off with a little pain."

"Fine... I will do this for you." Varrus sighed, taking the whip from Philip's offered hand and leaving the Demon alone with Jason.

"Hello, my love," Philip whispered while his tail tickled Jason's earlobe.

"Hello, my Demon." Jason smiled as he opened his eyes.

"You seem to be missing a few feathers," Philip smirked as he played with Jason's wings.

"Things got a little out of hand." Jason blushed.

"Well, so long as you enjoyed yourself," Philip said as he spooned behind his lover.

"You were right; I should have bonded to Gideon a long time ago. He felt left out and, in truth, I sort of miss what he, Alex, and I had."

"Well, I am sure the two of you are now caught up."

"Yes." Jason chuckled.

"I bet he looks amazing with his wings," Philip added.

"His wings and his new arm," Jason took pleasure in adding.

"His arm grew back?" Philip asked surprised.

"It did indeed," Jason grinned, nuzzling against Philip's white-haired chest.

"Good for him."

"Yes..." Jason sighed, holding back the sadness he could not hide from Philip.

"What's wrong?"

"I miss Alex... even more, now that I might never see him again."

"I know. It was my fault. I made him stay back at the Academy," Philip admitted.

"Make love to me...but slowly this time," Jason said in a pleading voice. He needed reassurance that no one else close to him would disappear from his life again.

"Yes, my love," Philip agreed right before he used his tail to extinguish the remaining candles.

   

Copyright © 2013 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Really enjoyed the latest chapter, I miss Alex as well. I can see a rescue mission coming on, at least I hope...

I can't seem to figure out where this story is going, I usually have at least a feeling but can't seem to get a grip on this story after the last couple of chapters. I can't decide how war is going to come to Jason, but I am sure it is coming.

I am really glad to see that the transformation has restored Gideon back to wholeness. I had to think it would, angels usually have very few imperfections...

Link to comment
On 12/30/2012 02:59 PM, centexhairysub said:
Really enjoyed the latest chapter, I miss Alex as well. I can see a rescue mission coming on, at least I hope...

I can't seem to figure out where this story is going, I usually have at least a feeling but can't seem to get a grip on this story after the last couple of chapters. I can't decide how war is going to come to Jason, but I am sure it is coming.

I am really glad to see that the transformation has restored Gideon back to wholeness. I had to think it would, angels usually have very few imperfections...

War is indeed coming but maybe not from expected source. Jason and Qul Tos are surrounded by enemies, the Federation, Domus, the Confederacy, and even among his own nobles. Which one to strike first will soon be known. As with any war people great and small will die. So be prepared... no one is safe. Thanks again for the review. I hope to post more after the holidays.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..