Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 5,290 Words
  • 2,222 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Angels Ascending - 3. Part Three

Chapter Five

     

Spawn and Saints

     

Kristen watched as the Demon and Angel slept in each other's arms. Even with the inhibitor drugs he had given Philip and Jason, there was little Kristen could do to control their passions. The drugs did return their skin and eyes back to their normal color and had hidden Philip's claws but not the new symbiotic and, unfortunately, necessary relationship that now existed between the two men. Philip was now the Demon of legend, not a Centurion gone wild, but the beast itself. Instead of being insane killers, they were guardians and protectors of the only creatures able to control them...Angels. Without an Angel, a Demon would be without purpose, slowly going mad due to a poison constantly building inside his body. Without his Angel, Philip would go mad.

A true Demon has only two passions...the need to kill and the need to love, with love being dominant. Only an Angel's love...Jason's love...could control Philip's need to kill. Philip's seed was now a maddening poison that needed to be removed least it take over the Demon's mind. Jason's body was the only receptacle that could take Philip's seed. Anyone else would be driven mad. For Jason's part, his semen would act as a counteragent to the poison in Philip's body, calming the beast within him.

That was not the immediate problem, however. Field Marshal Darius was still close to Philip, and his need to be with him posed a danger that worried Kristen. If Philip continued his sexual relationship with Darius, Darius would slowly change, possibly go insane, poisoned by Philip's seed. The legends referred to such creatures as Demon Spawn... creatures whose souls belonged to their Demon creators; mere pets. Where Jason would control Philip with love, a Demon Spawn would need the firm hand of a Demon to control him.

The question for Kristen was...should he try to interfere? It was true that, if Darius became Spawn, he would lose a part of his freewill. In return, however, he would never live without purpose, never doubt himself, or experience fear. His body would grow stronger, as a plate of living armor would grow around his anima. But most importantly, Darius would live... live much longer than the normal Centurion, as would Philip. They would not live for the thousands of years Jason was now doomed to face but, according to what Erik had told him, he would live for two to three centuries before going into a deep sleep.

In the end, Kristen fell back on the role given him by the Dominus...to watch, record, and report, but not interfere. Kristen would watch, and he would record, but he would not report what was happening to his former masters.

Another thing worrying Kristen was what to do with Varrus when they arrived at Qul Tos. He knew that was where Varrus had said he was going when he was exiled from Domus. The thing neither he nor Erik knew was what had really happened between Jason and Varrus the day they had been caught having sex. Kristen was sure that they did not bond or, if so, did not bond fully, as nothing would have been able to get Varrus to leave Jason's side if they had.

How would Jason respond on seeing Varrus again? Would Philip's jealousy be aroused if Jason still had feelings for his staff master? These were the questions running through Kristen's head. As far as he could see, four things could happen if Jason still had feelings for Varrus. Philip could kill Varrus in a jealous rage; Philip could let Jason have Varrus as an extra plaything; Philip could turn Varrus into one of his Demon Spawn; or something extraordinary could happen.

Just as Philip could now create Demon Spawn, Jason had the ability to create what the Dominus called a Saint. A Saint would not gain the great strength or invincibility of a Spawn, but would become telepathically linked to his Angel...becoming an emissary, an extension of the Angel's will. A Centurion made into a Saint would also live longer...living longer than a Demon by over five hundred years.

Given that knowledge, Kristen almost hoped that Varrus underwent the conversion from Centurion to Saint. Jason would need Varrus' clear mind, and full understanding that telepathy would give him dealing with Philip's passion and rage. A Saint created by Jason would also be able to control any Demon Spawn Philip created through Philip's bond to Jason.

These things Kristen would have to think about but, for now, he needed to take care of the immediate problems. Two weeks out of the mountain pass, Darius began to become sick, side effects of the poison Philip was giving him. Soon, if Kristen did not intervene, his skin would change to an elaborate pattern of red and black, like one giant tattoo. Kristen did not think the native peoples on this side of the planet would recognize the marks, but he was sure that any Sindar spy would see them as the mark of Demon Spawn.

     

Going to where Darius was coughing under a pile of furs and blankets, Kristen carried a syringe in his hands. As he made his way closer, he could already hear Darius jabbering nonsense, his mind slowly drifting away.

"I'm sorry, Darius," Kristen apologized as he gave the sick man the injection.

Like a striking snake, Darius shot out his hands and grabbed Kristen's throat, choking him with all his might. Already Darius's eyes had changed to an eerie red glow as he glared at Kristen. Then, just as quickly, Darius's eyes closed and his fingers relaxed, letting go of Kristen.

Kristen gasped for air, his throat having almost been squeezed shut. He thanked whatever spirit had been watching for giving him the common sense to add a tranquilizer to the inhibitor drug.

Once he had a chance to catch his breath, Kristen lifted Darius' left eyelid. The red fire that had been burning there was slowly fading away, returning back to icy blue. By morning the drug would have taken full effect, preventing any more physical change in the Field Marshal's appearance. It would, however, not stop Darius's mental and emotional change. His mind would continue to decay and be re-shaped into Philip's loyal servant.

The next morning Kristen felt a bruise around his throat where Darius had grabbed him. Fearing questions, he covered it with a shirt, using it as a scarf. Heading back to the campfire, he found everyone asleep, except for Jason and Philip who, Kristen would have bet a king's ransom, were at it again.

With each act of lovemaking the two men were becoming more bonded. Soon they would know each other's thoughts, emotions, and physical states. After that was achieved, the sex would calm down, but Philip's need to be close to Jason would reach a point where he would not willingly leave Jason's side...ever.

While waiting for Jason and Philip to return, and the rest of the party to wake up, Kristen cooked breakfast. On their journey to the capital, they had stopped at several towns and farms for supplies. So, after weeks of eating nothing but goat meat, goat cheese and drinking goat milk, it was good to be able to return to smoked ham, eggs, and toast.

The first to wake was Rondus, which made sense, as the stout man had a special interest in food. Next was Caleb, stretching his body before going to the nearby pond to clean himself. By the time he came back, Kristen had slapped Rondus's hand away twice from the frying pan, their arguing waking Darius. The Demon Spawn looked dazed, leaving the camp with his tented pants leading the way.

"Well, it looks like Darius is feeling better." Caleb laughed; slipping his hands into the pan to take a piece of cooked ham while Kristen was distracted by the Field Marshal.

"Hey!" Kristen whacked Caleb with his spoon.

"We're hungry!" Caleb whined.

"Well, you will just have to wait until Jason and Philip get back," Kristen insisted while shaking the spoon at both Caleb and Rondus.

"Come on, Caleb...we can take this Famulus wimp," Rondus grumbled as he raised the sleeves of his worn coat.

"Count me out." Caleb laughed.

"Fine...more for me, you coward," Rondus cursed.

Rondus made a reach for his club, but before he could get his hands on it, a kettle went flying through the air and struck him on the head, knocking him out.

"Good one!" Caleb laughed while Kristen made a bow.

"Hey, watch it!" Kristen warned when he saw Caleb try to slip his hand into the pan again.

"Oh, come on," Caleb said with almost a pouting face, moving closer to Kristen.

"What are you doing?" Kristen smiled nervously, recognizing that the hungry look Caleb had on his face was not only due to the need for food.

"What would you like me to do?" Caleb smiled wickedly, moving face-to-face with Kristen.

"Let me finish breakfast," Kristen said, taking the frying pan from the fire as if to show evidence that sex was not really on his mind.

"Looks done to me." Caleb winked, taking a piece of ham from the pan.

"Don't do that." Kristen blushed.

"Do what."

     

"Eat my breakfast," Kristen said very tiredly, almost willing to fall for the prince's seduction.

"Then give me something else to nibble on." Caleb grinned as he gave Kristen's groin a squeeze.

"You are not really in love with me...are you?" Kristen asked, worried. He was sure that he had not been giving Caleb that impression.

"Love is such a strong word. How about a mutual agreement that we need each other?"

"Hahahahahaha...why do I need you?" Kristen laughed.

"Well, first of all, there's this!" Caleb grunted as he gave Kristen's hard manhood a squeeze. "When was the last time you made love?"

Kristen tried to think back that far, and found that he had to go back to when everyone was at the Academy. Unless Caleb had hooked up with Rondus, something that Kristen found as hilarious as impossible, Caleb must have gone without for just about as long.

"A long time..." Kristen agreed.

"Yes. I know when we arrive at Qul Tos there will be plenty of Centurions for you to meet, but what do we do until then?"

"I know. But I can wait, unlike you," Kristen giggled.

"Yes," Caleb agreed. "But would any of them know you as well as I do?"

"How well do you know me?" Kristen laughed.

"I know you like your toast only lightly browned. You like your tea piping hot with a dab of honey. You don't like wearing wool, as it makes you itch. You want long back massages, as well as your baths. Finally, if it were not that you are a Famulus and have to wear black, you would prefer to wear green.

"I have never worn green." Kristen laughed, but agreed that everything was on the mark.

"You should...it would bring out your eyes." Caleb smiled as he moved in for a kiss.

"But... but..." Kristen tried to protest as Caleb let his kisses run down his neck.

     

"No buts...not unless we are talking about this one," Caleb insisted as he gave Kristen's rear a squeeze. "You've been a good friend. So has everyone else on this journey. If I am to take on a lover, I would prefer it be someone I know."

"But, why me?"

"Jason and Philip are joined at the hip...or is it ass," Caleb joked. "Gideon is too young. Darius is getting weird. Rondus...well, let's face it, he would rather brain me with his club than let me sleep with him."

"So that only leaves me." Kristen blushed.

"And you know what? You were my first choice anyway." Caleb grinned.

"Really?" Kristen grinned as Caleb took the frying pan away from him.

"Come with me." Caleb grinned leading both of them away from camp.

"But breakfast."

"Hey, if Philip and Jason can go wandering off, I think you and I can enjoy ourselves too."

"Alright," Kristen said, unsure.

"Come on, dear," the gray-haired former prince insisted as he took Kristen's hand.

"Dear?" Kristen chuckled...that had been a term he had used for his now long dead wife.

"Yes...you silly man." Caleb laughed, letting his hand slip down Kristen's pants, taking hold of what was inside, and pulling Kristen along deeper into the woods.

By this time Rondus was waking up, his head bleeding from the kettle hitting him. He saw Kristen being led away by Caleb. He was about to go chasing after them, to whack Kristen a good one with his club, when he realized that the food was now unguarded.

Making himself three ham and egg sandwiches on toast, Rondus stuffed his face as if he were afraid of getting caught. He snickered while thinking about what Caleb had to be up to. Rondus never understood what a man could find so sexually attractive about another man, but then again...most women didn't do much for him either. Yes, they were fun in bed, but afterwards they always insisted on having flowers, strolls by the river, and living in such crowded places like a village, or worse, a town. But most disgusting of all, they insisted on bathing.

Rondus was on his third sandwich when Jason came back, stark naked but unfazed by the cold winter air.

"You'd better get some clothes on, boy...we don't want you getting sick again," Rondus grumbled before taking another bite of his sandwich.

"I'm fine. I don't feel cold at all." Jason smiled cheerfully.

"You are just not normal," Rondus complained. "I've never seen such a cheerful person in all my life."

"What is wrong with being happy?" Jason asked, confused.

"It's not normal. You should be like me... grumpy, sarcastic, and foul mouthed. Having a real gut would not hurt you either. That's how normal men are."

"Philip doesn't act that way."

"Philip is not normal. He is even more strange than you, and getting more so by the minute." Rondus laughed.

"What do you mean?" Jason asked.

"Well, listen to him. Half the time he is growling like some giant cat."

"He's purring. It means he's happy," Jason corrected.

"Still, it's not normal."

"I find it comforting," Jason disagreed.

"Well, I already said that you are not normal. Why couldn't you have fallen in love with a real prince, like Caleb?"

"Why would I fall in love with him?"

"Why! You silly fool. He would be perfect for you...that's why!"

"He never showed any interest in me," Jason said with certainty.

"That is because he didn't know how to ask you to make him your prince consort."

"Prince consort?"

     

"Your husband. It is not a matter of love. He knows he does not love you the way Philip does, but he feels a responsibility for his people. Being your consort would put him in position to help you rule the kingdom.

"I told him that I would give him back the throne."

"He doesn't want it. Damn the fool!"

"But that's alright." Jason laughed.

"It is very serious to him, Jason," Rondus said in a somber tone. "He wants to help his people, but he does not want to be king."

"But why my consort?"

"Jason...I don't know what the other men see in you, but they are all attracted to you like a billy to a nanny goat."

"I don't mean for people to fall in love with me..."

"Really?" Rondus laughed.

"Alright...I wanted Philip to love me. He was the first person to ever show love to me. I wanted him to keep on loving me so much that it hurt," Jason said, tears stinging his eyes.

"What about the others?"

"What others?"

"Varrus, Alex, Gideon...even Kristen," Rondus listed off.

"I wanted them to love me as well," Jason confessed.

"Admit it, Jason...you want everyone to love you. That is just the way you are." Rondus laughed.

"Does that make me a whore?"

"No. A whore is a person who does it for money, or just for the sex. You...you are just plain annoying because you love everybody. No one should be a cheerful as you are.

"But, what about the others? I still love them..."

"But Philip..." Rondus said knowingly. "What is Philip doing right now?"

"He is with the Field Marshal."

     

"They are fucking each other?"

"Yes...but the Field Marshal is his bond mate."

"And what are you to Philip...or Varrus?"

"We are not bonded..." Jason replied, not remembering what Kirsten had removed.

"But they love you anyway?"

"Yes."

"Do you think that Philip would be jealous if you continued to make love to Varrus or Gideon?"

"I do."

"Then I think you need to talk to Philip about that."

"I guess I will," Jason said nervously.

"Now, how about you go over there and help Caleb and Kristen with a problem?" Rondus smiled mischievously...pointing deeper into the forest.

"What problem are they having?"

"You'll see. I seem to have eaten most of breakfast, so I guess I'd better cook some more. You should be back by the time I'm done."

"Alright." Jason smiled, running off into the woods.

"You owe me one, Caleb." Rondus laughed as he watched Jason run naked toward where Caleb had led Kristen.

     

     

Kristen was just being shown how romantic it could be to have a prince for a lover when Jason appeared out of the woods, naked.

"Uncle Rondus told me that the two of you needed help." Jason laughed innocently.

"Come on and join us!" Caleb grinned eagerly while Kristen looked nervous.

Kristen had been told what would happen if an Angel and Demon mated and an Angel and Centurion would do the same. He also knew that Angels never bonded with Legatio or Demon Spawn...there simply was not an attraction. What Kristen had not been told was what would happen to Famulus, such as himself, and Caleb if they bonded with an Angel. All he knew was that, if the Dominus ever suspected him of having sex with one, he and a hundred of his tribe would be killed, just as if he had betrayed them. But maybe there was a reason the Dominus to not want that...a reason that might be to Caleb's and his own advantage. Regardless ...Kristen was already doomed if caught by the Dominus' Sindar servants.

Then there was Jason himself. Jason looked so impossibly desirable now. Even with all he knew, Kristen could not take his eyes off the man's body... nor could Caleb.

"Jason...should you not be wearing clothes," Kristen chastised him...trying to keep control of the situation.

"I feel fine." Jason grinned, crossing his arms across his broad chest.

"You are going to get sick again, is what will happen. Philip should be ashamed of himself, letting you out like this!"

"He's naked too." Jason laughed.

"I'm sure he is," Kristen agreed before realizing that Philip was not by Jason's side. "Where is Philip?"

"He is with the Field Marshal... said he needed to teach Darius not to spy." Jason blushed.

"I'll bet he is." Caleb laughed as he went over to Jason and hugged him.

Kristen had to fight against joining them. Jason, as an Angel, now had a magnetism about him that was hard to resist. Kristen could already see that Caleb was under Jason's spell.

Jason, now taller than Caleb by four inches, held Caleb as if he were a child... a very aroused child. Caleb kissed and licked Jason's pale neck and rubbed his hairy chest against Jason's smooth muscled skin. Jason responded by wrapping his arms around the back of Caleb's neck, rocking both of them from side to side.

Kristen remained where he was, hard, his mouth agape. The eroticism of the two men as they pressed their bodies together was almost too much. Jason bent Caleb backwards while his groin swiveled against Caleb's own manhood. Then Jason turned his face to Kristen and looked at him with his bright green eyes. The deep look beckoned Kristen to join them in their passions.

     

Only Kristen's understanding of what was happening saved him. He kept on telling himself that Jason was no longer human...that the feelings of lust and love combined with a deep longing to be a part of their love making only came from the unnatural aura Jason was giving off. Only knowing that it was compelled love and not true love, that he was feeling, gave Kristen the strength to close his eyes and run away.

Jason straightened Caleb back up and watched with confusion and disappointment as Kristen ran. He wondered what had scared Kristen...but only for a few moments. He felt Caleb's warm mouth pressed against his lips. Soon, he was passing his purple anima to the old prince, making him one of his children, a follower, an extension of Jason's mind, and a Saint.

The wrinkles around Caleb's eyes began to smooth out, as did the rest of his skin. His eyes gave off a blue glow, and his hair darkened to black, with only a few streaks of gray on the sides. As Jason continued to hold his first Saint, Caleb screamed in pain as his body began to stretch and grow from Jason's anima flowing into his veins.

     

     

At the same time, five hundred yards away, Philip was pounding himself inside Darius. The Field Marshal was on all fours, supporting himself on a large rock. A tear was running down his face from the exquisite pain Philip was giving him. Philip was digging his nails into Darius's muscular back, leaving scratch marks that healed over almost as soon as they were made. There was no love in this act of sex...only lust...the desire to feel...the pain of penetration...the stretching of one's insides...male strength against male strength, as each man's body flexed in erotic tension.

At the moment of climax, Philip lifted Darius off the rock, pulling on the back of his hair. Philip turned Darius' face to meet his own and then proceeded to bite his lips until they began to bleed.

Darius felt as if his insides had caught fire. The burning pain he felt sent tremors throughout his body. He moaned and screamed as the pain consumed him, not sending him into agony but into pure ecstasy.

     

Then the fire burned out and Darius found himself totally exhausted, both physically and emotionally. Philip had to wrap his arms around Darius' waist to prevent him from falling.

On the ground, Darius began to talk in gibberish as the poison in his body slowly affected his mind. He felt himself drifting into madness, with only a single hand outstretched to save him. There was a cost, however, in accepting that hand. Taking it would mean surrendering his free will...the right to make his own decisions. He would become a servant...a slave to the master of the hand. Darius...a Field Marshal, who was used to leading instead of being led, resisted taking it. But as time passed and he continued to sink deeper into the violent and chaotic sea that was his mind, the horror of what he would become if he did not surrender himself drove him to reach up for the offered help, even though he felt he was now too far away to reach it. He kept his hand outstretched, begging to be rescued from the madness that was engulfing him and, just when he was about to give up all hope, he felt a strong and firm hand take hold of his, lifting him out of chaos, saving and enslaving him at the same time.

When reality finally began to return, Darius found himself on his back, Philip's massive body on top of his own, their lips just parting. A purple fluid dripped from the corner of Philip's mouth. On seeing the possessive gaze in Philip's eyes, Darius knew this was the man to whom he now belonged. Philip was his master and he was Philip's Spawn.

     

Chapter Six

     

The Commands of a Lover

     

The day after the Federation flagship was burned, the enemy attacked across the collapsed bridge. Carrying large wooden planks, pike men from Dorsa bridged the gaps until they reached the middle, out of range of Centurion arrows. They then brought up a wagon filled with oil soaked hay. Zophar, seeing that the enemy's goal was to burn down the heavy oak gates, sent his own men out with twelve-foot pikes, long enough to bridge the gap of the collapsed portions of the bridge.

That was when the real fighting began. When the Dorsians tried to make their way to the gates, they were cut down by the wide sweeps. It was a brawl between hedgehogs fighting over a narrow lane. More men died, falling off the bridge and being drug down to the bottom of the lake by their heavy armor, than were killed by the razor sharp pike tips. The Dorsians, famous for their pike men, were surprised to find themselves pushed slowly back until they were within the safe range of the Rapa archers, which forced the Centurions back to the middle of the bridge.

The next day the Federation tried to see how many ships they could get past the Centurion blockade on the north side of the lake. They sailed in tight formation, just as Aegis had hoped. Once his scout boat put up a smoke signal, an array of barges were moved out and put in the fleet's path. Thanks to the help of one of his Legatio advisors, Aegis knew to the hour when the wind would shift from the south to the west. And when it did, the barges were already near the middle of the Federation fleet. Giving an order to his drummers, their loud deep booms alerted the Centurions hidden under the barges to light them afire. Soon Lake Mahka was a firestorm with nearly every ship burning. Those few that escaped ended up beached on the north shore, holes in their hulls, and their masts burnt down to stumps. The Centurion war galleys met the three ships that made it past the fires and boarding ships.

In the end, eighty-seven boats were burned and twelve captured, while only two made it to the Yelding side of the lake. Of the Centurions that set the barges afire, half died. Out of the survivors, only three came back without deep burns. Still, Aegis was happy to report to Zophar that at least five thousand Federation soldiers had died, with many more wounded, that day. As it had only cost the lives of one hundred forty two Centurions, it could be called an overwhelming victory.

"So...what do you think they will try next"?" Aegis grinned.

"They might try to reach the gates again, or block the harbor," Zophar replied.

"My guess is they will try to block the harbor."

"Are the catapults in place?"

"Yes, but we are running low on dragon fire."

"How much do we have left?"

"Two hundred eighty seven jars."

"Well, we can't be expected to send out as many fire barges again." Zophar sighed. That plan had used up nearly one hundred jars.

"It is most likely they will not try to move so many ships past us again. They've learned their lesson."

Still worried about the shortage of dragon fire, Zophar began looking for an alternative. "Does the city have a distillery?"

"Yes?" Aegis nodded.

"Good, I want you to get the Famulus to start brewing the strongest alcohol they can and put it into jars and bottles."

"It will take some time and the fire will not be as strong."

"I know, so we will have to use the remaining jars of dragon fire carefully. When the enemy tries to block the harbor, have the catapults use only bales of hay or boulders. Also have all the heavy liquor collected; that can also be used against the enemy."

"Are you sure? The men do love their drink," Aegis warned.

"Yes, there will be plenty of wine and beer for them; the hard stuff is not good for them anyway."

"I will see that it happens but, I have to warn you, the warehouses and cellars are in areas patrolled by Commander Lorish."

     

"Do you still think he will try to kill me?"

"No...so far we are hurting the enemy more than they are hurting us. He will make his move when it looks like we are losing. I am only warning you that he will use the confiscation of the liquor to turn more men against you."

"What about Cillis?" Zophar asked, wondering what his other rival was up to.

"He is very quiet, which has me worried. I know he has to be holding meetings with the other officers, but so far he is not complaining about your leadership."

"Most likely positioning himself to replace me later on."

"True...so what do you want done?"

"Cillis has experience fighting against the pirates in the Southern Barrier Ocean. Give him command of the war galleys. I want them to make a raid against the Mathannon, Piths, and Uul fleets. He is to have the twelve war galleys that we already have, and also the three we just captured. He should ignore the enemy war galleys and hit hard on the troop ships and barges. Our goal is to prevent the armies from joining. Arrow boats and war galleys that don't have a port are not the main threat."

"I will give him the orders as soon as I leave you. Is there anything else that needs to be done?"

"Yes...I want you to join me in my room tonight."

"I'm not sure if I am ready for that, Zophar," Aegis replied, dropping formal titles.

"We need each other," the general pleaded.

"You were my brother's lover."

"But that did not stop us from being together."

"If I had been with you on the plains of Uul, my brother might not have died," Aegis said, riddled with guilt.

"He told you to stay back."

"He also knew about us."

     

"Aegis...if you had not been his brother, all three of us could have been together. But custom is the same as law. What do you think your brother would have wanted?"

"He would have wanted us together," Aegis confessed.

"And that is all I am asking."

"Then why did you volunteer for Sol?" Aegis finally asked, long wondering why his lover had asked for the suicide mission.

"I always wanted to fight an impossible battle, to make a name for myself. The Western Centurion Army is going to lose this war...be it under the leadership of Lukas or some other Field Marshal. Too many mistakes have already been made. If I stayed with the main army, I would be one of several generals trying to gain a name for myself. Here, free of the chain of command, I can write my own end."

"But what of us?" Aegis asked, hurt that he did not seem to be part of Zophar's plans.

"I will have you by my side. Together we will be celebrated in the songs."

"Together," Aegis sighed before leaving to give out his lover's orders.

   

Copyright © 2013 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

First, I had two questions about where Thomas was...good old observer who Kristen doesn't know exists and I am also wanting to know if the barrier was created or if it just formed?

Aww I'm really sad to see Darius lose his free will. I liked him alot. Though he must have been close to his 40th b/c he was older than Philip, right. I have to say that the changes in Philip and Jason into men controlled solely by lust is disappointing (we've not seen the protective part yet). I accepted their polyamorous natures as just they way they are brought up, but that was when they knew who they were and had more thoughts than how to get this one or that one alone to fuck them. And Varrus isn't thrown into the mix yet! I can't see this going well for some reason.

It is fun looking into the future of the story and predicting stuff. You leave so much open for that...like thinking about Philip having to face poor Alex. But if Caleb or Varrus have control over Darius, then maybe he'll have Darius kill him. It's too bad Philip didn't spend more time with his brother and less time fucking so he could have helped the kid. He spoke of his faults, but didn't spend time with him trying to teach him how to be. Clearly, no one did. It is mainly why he needed what Xavier wanted. He has shown he is smart and he is so young, so with some more guidance, he may have made it. Now he's under that monster's control and we know he'll prob end up being a major opponent

I'm also not sure how this handful of men is going to save anyone. what is their goal even? they aren't legatio or centurians anymore. I feel like the goals and hopes for Jason in books 1-2 aren't the same anymore. I thought his goal was to teach the legotios to love the centurians? It looks like there won't be many of either left to change. What is their goal anyhow? If they stop the Dominus from taking over Ares, but what will there be to take over? The armies are decimating it and destroying the beautiful green lands with fire. They are killing innocent people. And now those who were meant to bring a good future to it are changed into these creatures that aren't anything like the people they were.

I still like the story :) I just am starting to wonder about all these things with the developments in this chapter especially.

Link to comment
On 01/04/2013 02:38 AM, Cannd said:
First, I had two questions about where Thomas was...good old observer who Kristen doesn't know exists and I am also wanting to know if the barrier was created or if it just formed?

Aww I'm really sad to see Darius lose his free will. I liked him alot. Though he must have been close to his 40th b/c he was older than Philip, right. I have to say that the changes in Philip and Jason into men controlled solely by lust is disappointing (we've not seen the protective part yet). I accepted their polyamorous natures as just they way they are brought up, but that was when they knew who they were and had more thoughts than how to get this one or that one alone to fuck them. And Varrus isn't thrown into the mix yet! I can't see this going well for some reason.

It is fun looking into the future of the story and predicting stuff. You leave so much open for that...like thinking about Philip having to face poor Alex. But if Caleb or Varrus have control over Darius, then maybe he'll have Darius kill him. It's too bad Philip didn't spend more time with his brother and less time fucking so he could have helped the kid. He spoke of his faults, but didn't spend time with him trying to teach him how to be. Clearly, no one did. It is mainly why he needed what Xavier wanted. He has shown he is smart and he is so young, so with some more guidance, he may have made it. Now he's under that monster's control and we know he'll prob end up being a major opponent

I'm also not sure how this handful of men is going to save anyone. what is their goal even? they aren't legatio or centurians anymore. I feel like the goals and hopes for Jason in books 1-2 aren't the same anymore. I thought his goal was to teach the legotios to love the centurians? It looks like there won't be many of either left to change. What is their goal anyhow? If they stop the Dominus from taking over Ares, but what will there be to take over? The armies are decimating it and destroying the beautiful green lands with fire. They are killing innocent people. And now those who were meant to bring a good future to it are changed into these creatures that aren't anything like the people they were.

I still like the story :) I just am starting to wonder about all these things with the developments in this chapter especially.

With his first lovers being Centurions Jason doesn't seem to know of any other type of relationship than the ones he's experienced. As time passes he will find himself wanting a more personal semi-monogamous relationship, one that will be a challenge for Philip to offer. That is where Alex plays the role of a counter weight. He, unlike most Centurions wishes nothing more than to have a single loyal lover. He had and still hopes to have one with Jason but as time passes and he continues to damn himself in his people's eyes his hatred of himself leads to more destructive behavior. That does not mean Jason has give up on him. Even now he wonders if he made the right choice in picking Philip.

 

Thomas, as you might guess is a Dominus spy. The Dominus never trust anyone, including their own agents. That is why they sent Thomas to spy on Kristan and Erik.

 

Kristian himself has his own problems. He knows better than Jason and Philip what the Dominus are capable of. He might not know about Thomas but he is certain that he will be punished for his betrayal.

 

As for the survival of the world of Ares... I leave that to the prophesy. The planet was named after the god of war. The conflict between the people of Ares and the Dominus is more ancient than so far has be revealed. So far the Barrier Ocean has managed to keep the Dominus mostly at bay but things are about to change.

 

Understand that this is a very long series. Right now you're only a third of the way through. So hang on and watch to see what happens. By the end of the Cycle pretty much everything will be revealed. Everything that is but the final consequences Jason's actions and what it will lead to in the long distant future.

Take care.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..