Jump to content
    JMH
  • Author
  • 6,441 Words
  • 1,590 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Angels Ascending - 5. Part Five

Chapter Ten

     

Homecoming

     

When Jason finally beheld the walls of Qul Tos, he was amazed at what he saw. When he had left the city, for what he had believed would be forever, the walls had been broken down and the road leading into the capital empty. Now, where the Labyrinth tower once stood there was a full fortress. Smoke rose from the city, but this time it was coming from chimneys instead of burnt-out buildings.

When the party came closer to the city gates, they found that a long line of people and wagons were waiting to be allowed entrance. Philip, not willing to wait, took the party past the line of people who looked at them with suspicion, if not anger.

"Get back to the end of the line!" one man shouted heatedly.

"Yeah!" a younger woman shouted as well.

Soon the whole line was in an uproar, as Philip continued to move forward. It was not surprising that the serfs and other peasants looked down on the party. All of them were dressed in goat-hair coats and looked more like wild men from the mountains than civilized folk.

Eventually, the ruckus attracted the attention of two Centurion guards watching over the line of hopeful workers. "Go to the end of the line like everyone else!" one of the guards shouted as the party got close to the city gates.

"You mean I have to wait for a bunch of Famulus, before I can take command here?!" Darius shouted, moving past Philip.

"And who may you be!"

"I am your Field Marshal!"

"Yeah...and I am Senator Perils!" the guard laughed back.

     

Darius, his eyes filled with rage for being disbelieved, took off his goat-hair coat and undershirt and turned his back to the guards, showing off his elaborate tattoos, including one of a long sword that ran down his spine; the mark of a Field Marshal.

The two guards saluted. "Field Marshal Darius!"

"You," Darius shouted, pointing at the guard who had not made the snide remark.

"Yes, sir!"

"You will escort us to the palace...you will then find a whip and beat some manners into this fool," Darius growled as he pointed to the offending officer.

"You will then give the whip to me," Philip added, an evil smile on his face.

"Yes, sirs!" The guard saluted sharply again while his partner looked glum.

After that, no more insults were thrown their way. They passed the gates and were guided up the long road of Labyrinth Way, right to the palace. At the gates to the palace they were forced to stop again but, as soon as the guard explained whom he was escorting, the gates were opened immediately.

Inside the palace walls there were hundreds of people busy repairing and expanding the buildings. Everyone in the party, except for Rondus, smiled on seeing the signature steam and smoke of a bathhouse coming from a newly constructed building.

Nothing at the moment would have made Philip happier than to wash Jason's body until his pale skin shown white again, but things still needed to be done... the first being to place Jason back on the throne.

Darius, partly for convenience sake, but mainly because he was tired of smelling like a goat, had left his clothes at the city gate. All he had to do now was show his back to the guards to be guided to the throne room. Inside, there were many nobles shouting, almost to the point of screaming, at a man sitting on a wooden bench in front of the throne.

"I have heard enough. Your serfs are human beings... our Famulus live better and have more freedom than what you give them. None of you have come to terms with the fact that this kingdom is now a protectorate of the Domus Empire. That means that your serfs now have the right to choose their own masters, just like any Famulus. If you want your serfs back, you had better give them reasons to want to return," Varrus shouted at the angry nobles.

     

"They are our property!" a noble shouted back. "This makes you nothing more than a thief!"

Varrus calmed down before speaking again. "You forget that, by the treaty between Domus and Qul Tos, you were only allowed to keep your titles...not your homes, not your lands, and not your serfs. It is only by my kind grace that you are allowed to keep anything!"

That seemed to silence the nobles. If the peasants found out that the nobles had no legal claim to the land they farmed, or their very persons, it could lead to a complete revolt. It would be better that the trouble making serfs just leave their lands and go to pollute the cities.

Now that the arguing had died down, Jason felt free to run over to his old staff master. "Varrus!"

"Who are you?" Varrus laughed as he was tackled off his bench by the dirtiest, smelliest, but most handsome man he had ever seen.

Jason laughed and planted a kiss on Varrus before responding. "It's me, Jason!"

"Jason!" Varrus said, amazed. The man before him looked to be in his mid-twenties, and was much taller and broader shouldered than the young man he had remembered falling madly in love with. But the eyes, the green eyes were the same, as well as the innocent smile. Varrus could feel himself hardening under the weight of Jason's body.

"I'm sorry. What Oktor did to you was my fault." Jason began to cry while his massive body shook.

Varrus had to struggle with his desire to make love to Jason right then and there, and the need to comfort the young man. "It's alright, Jason...we are back together again. Who cares about Domus and the Centurions... we have each other."

"I know... and we have Philip too."

"Philip?" Varrus asked, amazed, just as a shadow fell on the two of them.

Standing above them, looking surprisingly pleased, was Philip, his arms crossed and his mouth in a wide grin. "We need to talk."

"How about a bath?" Varrus offered, having gotten a good whiff of Jason and the others.

"That would be perfect," Philip agreed.

     

The bathhouse was small, by Domus standards, and only had three pools of water: one warm, one hot, and one cold, but it was a great reward after all their traveling. Varrus was surprised to see that not only Jason's body had changed. Philip, Darius, and even Caleb looked more built than when he left the Academy. He was even more shocked when Jason took Caleb aside to one end of the pool and began kissing and necking the older man as if he were the seducer.

"There is some of Jason in you," Philip started out, nuzzling Varrus.

"What do you mean?" Varrus asked confused.

"Some of Jason's anima is inside you... I can feel it in you."

"I didn't know he gave me any. It must have been that last kiss in the woods. The question is...how do you know?"

"Jason and I are very much lovers." Philip smiled softy.

"You are bonded?"

"I think we are!" Philip smiled wider. "But I do not remember how it happened."

"So you want me out of the way..." Varrus said disappointedly.

"No. I am in love with all of Jason... including the little bit of Jason that is inside you."

"So you want us to become lovers?" Varrus asked, confused.

"I want to include you in our love making. I am confident in saying that Jason loves me more than any other person in the world. Yet... he also loves you greatly. How can I deny a person I love the right to express the love he feels for others?"

"So, is that why Jason is with Caleb?" Varrus laughed, noticing the two men's actions from the corner of his eye.

"No...that is different. It is Caleb who is madly in love with Jason. Jason wants to give Caleb the happiness he desires. That is why he has taken him on as another lover, just as I am giving Darius happiness by keeping him mine.

"What about me?"

"Jason wants you to be his lover... don't you feel the same?"

"Yes I do... that is why I worry you will get jealous."

     

"I just might..." Philip agreed before becoming more serious. "There is something wrong with me, Varrus... a madness that is growing inside me. Jason seems to be the only person who can get rid of it. When I make love to him my mind clears and all my anger goes away. I am scared Varrus...what if I lose control and hurt Jason? That is why I need you. I need someone who loves Jason almost as much as I do to look out for him...protect him from me if needed."

Varrus did not understand all he was being told, but the look of fear and desperation coming from Philip's eyes told him all he needed to know. Philip was truly scared of what he would do if he went insane. If what Philip said was true...that he loved all of Jason, including the little bit inside him, then he might be the only person who could stop Philip from doing something he might regret.

Seeing that Varrus understood what he asked of him, Philip pulled Varrus into a deep kiss. "Go to Jason now...he missed you terribly."

Varrus nodded his head and swam over to where Jason had just lifted an exhausted Caleb out of the water. Varrus, at 7'2" was glad he still towered over Jason. He swam up behind Jason and wrapped his long arms around Jason's waist.

"How is my student?" Varrus whispered in Jason's ear before licking it.

Jason sighed and leaned back against Varrus. "He missed his teacher."

"Jason, I don't think you can even begin to realize how much I have missed you. Being skinned was nothing compared to being sent away."

"Can we be alone?" Jason asked. The heat of both Varrus' body and the water was getting to him.

"Yes...I would like that," Varrus agreed, taking Jason's hand and leading him out of the baths and to the stairs leading into the palace.

Out of the water, a pair of newly trained Qul Tos Famulus approached them, carrying towels and a pair of white bathrobes. Once the two of them were dressed, Varrus led Jason down a hall that connected the bathhouse to the rest of the palace.

After climbing several flights of stairs and going down a half-dozen hallways, Varrus led Jason to his bedroom...a room decorated totally in white. The walls, floor, ceiling, furniture and bed sheets were all of the same brilliant hue. Varrus, having the remains of a once dark tan, stood out like a rock in the middle of a snowdrift. Letting his white robe fall off his body, he revealed his tall, muscular, but scarred back to Jason. Jason reached up and touched those scars gingerly as if touching them would hurt one of the two men he loved with all his heart.

Varrus let Jason run his warm hand on his back before turning around. He looked down at Jason's precious face...a more mature, but still innocent expression marked it while his green eyes, near the point of tears, shimmered.

With one arm, Varrus pulled Jason closer to him so he could kiss the young man's forehead. He then used his other hand to untie the bathrobe, letting it fall off his shoulders to the floor. Varrus bent down and kissed the top of Jason's forehead while he wrapped both arms around the back of his neck.

While drawing Jason closer to the bed, Varrus made a confession;"I have not slept with another person since that day in the woods."

"Why?" Jason asked. He knew of the Centurion sex drive.

"Only you seem to matter to me now. You are the only person I want next to me in bed. I want you to be my one and only lover."

"I love you too," Jason confessed.

"I know," Varrus replied with a smile.

Varrus lowered both of their bodies onto the soft white bed and drew Jason close to him so their bodies were pressed together. Already both of them were hard, pushing against each other's bodies. Soon the two men were humping against each other, each of them looking for an opening. Varrus was the first to find it.

He pushed inside Jason's ass very slowly, to minimize the pain for Jason as well as to let himself capture the feel of penetration. Once all the way in, Varrus just held himself there while he lifted Jason's head for several deep kisses. Then, very slowly, he began to pull out until only the very tip of his sex remained inside. Varrus kept it like that for a few seconds before he slammed back in, full force, his balls slapping against Jason's ass. Varrus repeated this over and over again while Jason let out a deep moan each time he felt Varrus' manhood rub against a sensitive spot inside him.

Varrus, seeing Jason's manhood hard and leaking, took hold of it with his callused hands and squeezed out more of the fluid. He pulled out of Jason and wrapped his mouth around his lover's manhood, sucking and licking the salty fluid. Jason did not last long and soon came in Varrus' mouth. Varrus climbed up and kissed him, then pushed back into Jason until he too reached climax. Varrus lay on top of Jason, remaining inside his lover while he kissed Jason all over his face and neck.

Jason, for his part, had a dreamy look on his face, running his fingers through Varrus's brown hair. Varrus was also smiling, holding tight to the young man who meant so much to him.

Varrus had just finished kissing Jason's neck and was about to kiss his Legatio lover on the tip of his nose when he saw that Jason's eyes were now two pools of darkness. "Jason?"

"Varrus." Jason smiled. He pushed Varrus onto his back and landed on top of him. Drops of purple fluid dripped from his mouth, landing on Varrus's chest. Varrus didn't know why it was purple but he was sure he knew what it was... anima... and he wanted it. Jason gave it to him.

Jason planted his lips against Varrus', letting the fluid pour into his mouth. Varrus felt warmth overtake him with a sudden itch on his back followed by severe pain, but Jason still held him close.

Where the scars on Varrus's back had been, something was trying to rip out. It pulled and tugged against the skin until two seams appeared near his upper spine. Out of them came a pair of giant, raven-black, feathered wings, wet with blood. Varrus let out a deep scream of pain as the damp wings stretched in an attempt to dry.

Only when the wings were fully extended did Jason release his kiss, his eyes back to their green color. "Varrus?" Jason asked, dumbfounded by what he saw.

"Jason..." Varrus said, exhausted, in pain, but feeling elated.

"What happened?"

"I don't know." Varrus smiled. He felt too happy to worry about it. He stood up and flapped his wings a few times, letting them dry. When that was done, he had a pair of silky soft wings as black as his room was white. Varrus then looked down at his naked lover, smiling at him widely. Offering Jason a hand, Varrus lifted him up and took him in his arms, wrapping his black wings around Jason's white body. Doing so felt so right to Varrus that he began to cry from joy. Jason looked so protected...so loved beneath his wings.

Varrus then noticed that a corner of his mind now seemed to be inhabited by a visitor. He could now feel Jason's emotions and understand Jason's thoughts. With that knowledge came understanding. He now knew that Philip was Jason's savior and deepest lover. Jason felt he owed all joy and happiness to his Centurion rescuer. Varrus' place in Jason's heart was different; Varrus was his role model as well as well as his sexual idol. Where Philip was most loved, Varrus now knew he was most desired.

Understanding this, Varrus understood that he would have to share Jason with Philip. The two loves, while different, were both very powerful. Jason wanted to love both men and, in his innocent mind, there was nothing wrong with this. All his time in the Labyrinth Tower had left him not knowing of the jealousies of love; that to try and love two different men could lead to resentment. For Jason, love was something to be given to all people. It was his greatest quality, and maybe curse, that he loved so easily.

Varrus laid Jason back down on the bed, keeping his wings wrapped around the younger man tenderly. Both of them fell asleep, sharing each other's dreams as they shared each other's bodies and minds.

     

Chapter Eleven

     

The High Inquisitor

     

Admiral James knew he was in trouble when the black-sailed ship of the High Priest's Inquisitors docked in port. While most of his men were loyal to him and the king, each ship carried a Templar observer. Rumors about the Admiral's new-found sexuality, as well as the spreading practice of homosexuality among his men and the Famulus, had not gone unnoticed. Under pressure from church officials, James was running out of excuses as to why he had not burned the bathhouses or cracked down on the new and lucrative business of Famulus prostitution.

While over half of the eighty thousand soldiers inside the city spent a great deal of time enjoying themselves in an orgy of food, wine and sex, the men still did their duty patrolling the streets and walls of the now besieged city, surrounded by ten legions of Centurion troops from the Home Guard.

Any man found reporting late for duty, unshaven, or drunk was immediately punished, either by being sent back to the ships or, in more serious cases, to the lash.

The Inquisitors - James was sure - would be less than impressed. All they would see was how Domus culture had corrupted the good fighting men of Jadoor. He sent word to his officers to warn their men to be on their best behavior but, after several weeks of hedonistic living, he did not expect the men to be able to hide what had been happening.

To limit the Inquisitor's movements, James planned to take the church officials to the governor's mansion, wine and dine them, pay a hefty bribe, and then send them back to Jadoor. Hopefully, they would be satisfied that no serious indiscretions were happening. But when James made his way down the rebuilt pier his heart sank. The flag waving from the black ship's mast was not just that of the Inquisitors, but of the High Inquisitor himself, a red sword on a field of black. This was not going to be some lackey at whom James could throw gold, but the second most powerful man in the Holy Church of the Mother.

     

Having already read reports that the High Inquisitor had ordered the burning of the homes and businesses of gay men in the recaptured towns of Yelding and Uul, James knew that the same could happen in Aquanos. There were also rumors that High Inquisitor Warren was building giant prisons all over the Federation, to house all deviants and heretics refusing to worship the Mother as prescribed by High Priest Niles in the newly conquered lands.

When the black ship docked, James held his breath as he waited for the High Inquisitor to step off the boat and make his way down the pier. The first man off the ship wore a black outfit that looked like a cross between a military uniform and priestly garb, half robe, and half tunic. On his chest hung the emblem of the Inquisitors, the red sword that symbolized bloodshed in the name of the Mother.

James saw that Warren was near his own age, mid-forties, and was 6'2" in height, with hazel eyes and black hair marked by streaks of gray. He seemed strong and fit, but walked with a silver cane, a symbol of his office. James knew that, with a turn of the knob, the High Inquisitor could pull a sword from that cane...something that the High Inquisitor was rumored to do often when executing heretics sentenced to death.

Going down on one knee, James bowed his head to the fourth most powerful man in Jadoor, behind High Priest Niles, King Aidan, and the new Prime Minister, Landon.

"Rise, my son..." The High Inquisitor smiled, laying his hand in blessing on top of the Admiral's head.

"We are most honored to have your grace here to witness our great conquest of Domus," James said, with false reverence.

"You must remember you are only a small part of the conquest, my son. You serve only to prevent the Centurion Western Army from receiving reinforcements...an important task indeed, but only a small part of the whole plan. Remember this, and you will gain some of the humility that the Mother requires of you," the High Inquisitor instructed as he followed James to the carriage.

"Thank you, your grace, for your wisdom." James bowed his head as he tried hard not to gnash his teeth in anger.

"It is my duty to teach you what is expected of a servant of the Mother." The High Inquisitor smiled knowingly. He was not falling for the Admiral's false politeness. His agents had given him detailed reports, including the fact that James had taken on two lovers, a young commander and a captain famous for his sexual exploits. He knew what was happening at the baths and with the Famulus. He also did not plan on stopping their activity, not unless it was to his advantage.

In truth, the High Inquisitor was the hand guiding High Priest Niles. With his army of spies, he could usually find something to blackmail and cower whoever headed the church at the time. The secret knowledge that Niles had fathered five bastard offspring had been a tool that Warren used well for his own benefit.

Of course the High Inquisitor had secrets of his own...mainly that he was guilty of the same abominations for which he imprisoned others. The lust he satisfied in his bed was only surpassed by his lust for power. When he found a man that interested him he would have the man imprisoned on some false charge of heresy. He would then have the man starved and tortured, demanding that he repent and obey him. Then, when the man's spirit was broken, Warren would send for him, taking the broken man out of the dungeon to the splendor of the High Inquisitor's palace. There, Warren would care for the man's wounds, treating him as if a child, making the man physically and emotionally dependent upon him. Regardless of the man's sexuality at the start of the process, he ended up in Warren's bed as an eager lover.

When he was finished taking his pleasure, Warren would take his lover to the room where the secret history of Jadoor was kept. Only the High Priest was supposed to have a key to this room, but long ago the High Inquisitors had found a way to copy it. Inside, Warren would show that long ago the King and High Priest of Jadoor had been lovers... that love between men had not only been common but a part of religious practice. Warren would convert the man's loyalty from the Mother Church to the Inquisitors themselves, making the man see that only the Inquisitors practiced the true form of their religion.

By this time, the man would be totally convinced that what Warren said was true but, to make sure, Warren would send the man to a special monastery on a far isolated island. There, the man would be indoctrinated and become more emotionally dependent on his fellow Inquisitors. For six months they would be the only people he could talk to. They would be the ones to give him food, warmth, and love. By the time he was finished with his training as an Inquisitor Acolyte, he would believe that the only people who truly loved him were his fellow Inquisitors.

Warren smiled just thinking of the number of men he had brought into the true faith. At any given time he would have over a dozen men in some process of conversion. Soon, another man would be in need of rescuing from the dungeon. Warren was looking forward to that.

He was also looking forward to bringing the Admiral to his way of thinking. Unlike most people he had arrested on charges of heresy, James was a war hero and very popular with his men. That gave him a level of protection while also making him a valuable prize.

However attractive James was, Warren had larger plans than just trying to make the Admiral into a new sexual partner. He wanted the Admiral as a co-conspirator. With his agents and James's troops, Warren could take over the holy war against Domus and turn it into a cultural war back home, returning Jadoor back to its old traditions of a male-dominated, homosexual society.

His plan was simple, let the Domus Empire fall and then take the fleet, and the army loyal to James, back to Jadoor, leaving the troops loyal to Niles trapped on the mainland. James would then overthrow the church and the Merchant Guild. In the power vacuum, Warren would give Aidan a choice - name him High Priest or find himself shipped in a barrel to the slave markets in Qopo. The Inquisitor was sure he could talk James into accepting the crown if Aidan did not go along.

The first thing Warren would do, as High Priest, was open the sealed doors to the secret history of Jadoor, revealing the truth to the people. The old practices of ritual homosexuality would be reestablished, first to the priesthood and then preached to the congregations. Most importantly, however, Warren would insist that the King of Jadoor become his lover, just like the first King and High Priest, consolidating his power.

That had been the ancient goal of the Inquisitors since the day the Legatio, Centurions, and Famulus were forced out of Meltor: to raise the two younger gods above the Mother who had betrayed them. In the Inquisitors' own vaults were the plans to build a larger and even grander temple to the Sons of the Mother. This would over shadow the main temple in the heart of Meltor and be consecrated according to the old descriptions of orgies, games, and the union between church and crown.

The plans had been in place for centuries, but only now, under Warren's leadership, did they seem to be approaching fruition. As the carriage rolled down the streets of Aquanos, Warren could not help but admire the Centurion culture he wanted returned to Jadoor. While they were indeed heathens in not worshiping the Mother and the Sons, they had maintained the old sexual practices and social customs. That was why Warren had pushed Niles into declaring a holy war against Domus. Only as a defeated people could the Centurions be brought back into Jadoorian society and, with their presence, change it.

It was from his knowledge of the secret histories that Warren knew that the average Jadoorian was once nothing more than what Famulus were in Domus society today. They had their own language and, according to the histories, pureblooded Jadoorians had been "altered" by the Mother to be companions for the Centurions. Bringing in tens of thousands of Centurions to Jadoor could revive that long-suppressed trait among Jadoorian men.

As he thought about his plans for the future, Warren noticed the telltale steam cloud coming from one of the large marble buildings. "Those are the bathhouses, aren't they?"

"Yes, they are," James replied nervously.

"Take me to them," Warren ordered, a sly smile on his face.

"If... if that is what you wish, your grace," James replied, glad that he had sent a messenger warning the rest of his officers of Warren's arrival. He just hoped that all his men had cleared out.

Ordering the carriage to the bathhouse, James looked nervous while the High Inquisitor continued to stare at him like a fox ready to pounce on a rabbit. James did not recognize the sexual nature of the predatory look Warren was giving him. Instead, he mistook it for a man out to trap him on charges of heresy.

Warren enjoyed the near-frightened look the Admiral was returning -- as if he were about to cut off the Admiral's head. In fact, Warren would not mind doing a little biting and nipping on the Admiral's toned and deeply tanned body.

The High Inquisitor, being in his mid-forties, had worked hard to keep his body strong and firm. James, though, looked like his athleticism came from the hard work of a sea captain. With his mind picturing what the Admiral looked like without his uniform and array of medals, Warren had to use some degree of self-control not to reveal his growing lust.

After the carriage stopped at the baths, James led Warren inside, hoping to find all his officers gone. Glaring at the two guards at the door, James looked for some sign that his orders had been obeyed.

"Sir...the place is secure!" One of the guards saluted sharply, a wide smile on his face.

     

James saluted back, a look of relief on his face. "Thank you, corporal."

Warren, looking down on the guards from his 6'2" height, gave them a dark, warning look. "We are not to be disturbed for anything."

The two guards, the armor clanging as their bodies shook, went down to their knees. "Yes...yes High Inquisitor."

"Good... may the Mother bless you for your obedience," Warren replied, not having to say what disobedience would bring. "Lead the way, Admiral. I do believe you have been here before."

"Yes, High Inquisitor," James managed to stutter.

The first chamber to which James led the High Inquisitor was the changing room. Inside, there were rows upon rows of lockers, a table holding stacks of clean white towels, and several row of hooks, each holding a white bathrobe.

James began by giving a tour of the place, keeping his back to the High Inquisitor. "This is the Centurion changing room. You can tell that because all the towels are white. There is another changing room for Famulus, their towels are black.

"What about the Legatio?" Warren asked as he slowly began to remove his clerical robes.

"They have their own private bath as they prefer not to bathe with the other groups. Their towels are deep red."

"I see...to remind them of their fatal weakness," Warren replied, moving in closer to the Admiral, until his breath could be felt on the other man's neck.

"High Inquisitor...?" James replied uncertainly. Fearing that this was the point where he would meet the inquisitor's sword.

"Don't move," Warren warned.

James bowed his head in defeat and waited for the blow to fall, but instead he felt hands play with the straps of his ceremonial armor, removing it piece by piece, followed by the padding and underclothes, until only his pants and loincloth remained. Next, James felt Warren's large hands run up and down his chest, pinching his nipples and playing with the patch of hair in the middle.

     

It took all of James's courage to speak up. "What are you doing?"

"I am seducing you...do you like it so far?"

"But..."

"No buts, Admiral. You will let me do this to you if you want me to overlook your past indiscretions. Now finish undressing and meet me in the steam room."

"Yes... High Inquisitor." James nodded his head while not understanding at all what was happening."

After removing the rest of his clothes and wrapping a towel around his waist, James entered the first chamber and was faced with a wall of steam. Soon his skin was covered with a film of water and sweat as the heat warmed and relaxed his body.

The thickness of the steam prevented James from seeing if the High Inquisitor was in the chamber with him, which just added to his confusion. He could not understand what was happening. The Inquisitors were famous for their persecution of gay men. Still, it was clear that the High Inquisitor was trying to seduce him. Was it all a trap? Was the High Inquisitor trying to find proof that he, had fallen into perversion? If that were true, then he could just say it was the High Inquisitor himself who had made the move on him. That, though, would be an impossible case to prove. Yes, James was an admiral, but telling the church courts that the High Inquisitor was gay would just earn him a good laugh before he was led out to the funeral pyre.

Thinking of all this, James felt two strong arms wrap around from behind, and another man's hard cock press against his ass.

"I know everything about what you have been doing here, admiral," Warren whispered in James's ear.

"I have done nothing," James replied in a weak voice that proved he knew he had nowhere to hide.

"Oh, you have done plenty... you took on a lover, a Commander Kyle I do believe. You have even taken a Captain Harper to bed. You have encouraged your men to be friendly with the Famulus men who are unbelievers. You have also been using this bathhouse as an officer's quarters, engaging in orgies. You have done plenty, my dear admiral, and I have to commend you for it."

     

"What?!" James nearly shouted in surprise just as he felt the High Inquisitor's teeth bite into his sinuous neck.

"I am going to tell you a secret, my dear Admiral...the greatest secret the church has."

"..." James remained silent, not sure if he wanted to know.

"The first King of Jadoor was a Legatio."

"What...?!"

Warren licked the back of James's neck before continuing. "And the first High Priest was a Centurion... they were lovers you see."

"That can't be!" James said in disbelief

"Remember your church history. Several thousand years ago there was a great purge. All the gay and bisexual men in Jadoor were thrown out."

"For killing the Mother, " James remembered.

"They did kill the Mother... or at least the High Priest did," Warren corrected.

"Why would he kill his own mother?"

"Because he wanted more life, but the Mother gave him only one way to get it. He had to kill and consume the anima of his Legatio lover, the first King of Jadoor."

"And he wouldn't do that," the Admiral guessed.

"Yes. The first High Priest, a Centurion of the name of Gladius, killed the Mother out of anger and, as a result, we Jadoorians rose up against the Centurions, Legatio, and Famulus. The Centurions, Legatio, and their Famulus followers fled the island of Jadoor to settle in what is now known as Domus."

"But what does that have to do with homosexuality?" James asked, not understanding.

"Easy... the population never truly believed that all the Centurion sympathizers fled to Domus. Homosexuality began to be viewed as proof of being a traitor. Nearly all of us were wiped out as the church tried to purge our form of love from society."

"All of us?"

"Us Inquisitors... we are the remaining priests who still worship the Sons of the Mother and not the Mother herself."

"That is heresy!"

Warren grabbed both of James's shoulders and turned him around to face him. "No...what we are practicing now is heresy."

"But..." James tried to protest but was stopped when Warren planted his lips against his mouth.

Warren continued to press hard, pushing James to the marble walls. He took both of James hands in his and spread his arms wide before trapping James against the wall. Warren then ran his tongue across the side of the Admiral's face, letting the roughness scratch it. Both men were now hard rubbing against each other.

"Think of what the two of us can achieve together. You control the fleet and I am the second most powerful man in the church, and master of its spies. Together we can put an end to Niles' conservative fanaticism and make Aidan a real king, with you and I at his side."

"And what will you get out of this?" James asked, knowing that there had to be a catch.

"I will become High Priest, and you will be named the first Grand Admiral in over ten generations."

"A Grand Admiral!" James laughed, ignoring the serious look Warren was giving him. A Grand Admiral was only named when the King was unable to command the army himself. "I don't think I like what that would imply."

"Well...let's look at things logically. How much real military experience does his majesty have?

"He spent seven years in the navy."

"So have all the royals... you have been in the military for nearly 30 years. Why should you follow the orders of a man who is barely educated compared to you?"

"Because he is my king," James said sternly.

"And you will still be a loyal man of the king, only using your considerable talent to the greatest extent possible in his service," Warren said fervidly, ignoring the admiral's reserve.

     

"It sounds like treason."

"Not if his majesty agrees to it."

"And why would he do that?" James said...not even halfway convinced.

"You just leave that to me." Warren grinned slyly as he tried to bring the conversation back to sex.

James pushed Warren away from him and slipped away from the wall. "I think I will need to think on this."

"Think quickly," Warren warned, frustrated that his advances were being rebuffed. As he watched James walk away from him, he turned his thoughts on the Admiral's lover, sure that a way to compel the Admiral's obedience could be found there.

     

     

Copyright © 2013 JMH; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..