Jump to content
    joann414
  • Author
  • 1,522 Words
  • 1,103 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dance Lessons - 4. Chapter 4

KC and Cassie go visit a sick friend.  What could go wrong during such a sweet gesture?-_-

Flip Flops

KC sat at the dining room table, elbows on the table with his chin propped in his hands as he watched Cassie arranging bluebells and long stemmed white roses in a crystal vase. “Why are you taking that old farmer flowers anyway? He’s always mean to me.”

Cassie glanced at KC and then shook her head. “You know why he’s mean to you. You snuck onto his land and fished in his pond without permission. On top of that, you put a toad on his poor little grandson when he came to tell you that you were on private property. It’s a wonder you didn’t get fined or put in jail. Farmer Sam’s wife is a patient of mine or you probably would’ve. Now, go get that book I bought to go with the flowers. I left it on the coffee table in the living room. Then, you can go with me to take these flowers to the hospital.”

“I am not going to the hospital to take flowers to Farmer Sam. I’m not a hypocrite.” KC stood up to go get the book. “Anyway, I have plans. Wayne promised to teach me how to make truffles this afternoon.”

“You are so going with me to the hospital. The flowers are for Farmer Sam’s wife anyway. If you don’t go, I’m going to tell Jo Ann. Remember the promise we made to her. We’re supposed to spend at least a couple of hours together on Saturday. I let you off last Saturday because you had an appointment to get your legs and pubes waxed. If you renege today, then you’ll be in trouble. Anyway, I know that Wayne has to work until 5 this afternoon. It’s barely two. Now, go get out of that denim skirt and pink silk halter. Put on something decent to wear to the hospital. They stare at your bright pink fingernails and lipstick anyway. No need in them gawking at your clothes.”

Throwing the book down on the table in front of Cassie, KC propped his hands on his hips and huffed before saying. “I am not changing clothes. Anyway, this is the only shirt I have that goes with my new pink flip flops. Also, the sequins on my halter match the ones on my flip flops. It’s not like the old farmer hasn’t seen me in a dress.”

“That’s another thing. What do you think his grandson thought when he saw a man dressed in a neon green sundress and pink flip flops fishing in his grandfather’s pond? He probably thought you from another planet or something.”

“The little menace started screaming when I held the toad out to him. I wasn’t going to put it on him. Anyway, he told me there was a snake behind me in the mud. That’s how I lost my other pair of flip flops. I ran out of them, running from that damn non-existent snake. The old farmer drew his own conclusions. He could’ve at least let me go back and get my flip flops. But, at least it gave me an excuse to buy these new ones.” KC held up one pink flip flopped foot for Cassie to see.

“If it doesn’t bother you, it doesn’t bother me. Then, go freshen your lipstick and powder your nose. I’m ready to go.” She shook her head as KC sashayed toward his bathroom to freshen up.

***

Twenty minutes later, KC parked the jeep in Visitor’s Parking at the hospital and switched off the motor. “Damn, my flip flop is hung on the gas pedal.” He leaned forward, hitting the gear shift and knocking the jeep into neutral, causing it to start rolling backwards.

“Fuck KC! Hit the brake. We’re rolling backwards.” Cassie reached for the gearshift, her head colliding with KC’s as he rose up.

“Ouch! Shit that hurt. Fuck! We’re fixing to roll over the side of that hill.” KC stomped the brake, causing them both to lurch forward and hit their head on the dash.

“Son of a bitch! You almost killed us over a damn flip flop. Now, get us back up in the parking lot before I take one of them and beat your ass with it. Sheesh! Jo Ann has no idea what happens in the time we spend together. She’d have us both committed!” Cassie clutched the seat as KC carefully cranked the Jeep and put it in gear, easing them back up the hill into the parking lot.

“Whew! That was close. I almost pissed my panties. I’m glad I didn’t because I borrowed your new purple ones that you bought to wear under your purple skirt. If I’d pissed your panties then I’d really be in trouble.” Realizing what he’d said, KC jumped out of the jeep before Cassie could carry out her threat of beating his ass with his flip flop.

Cassie got out and rescued the vase of flowers that had miraculously survived the fiasco. She passed them to KC and then picked up the book that had fallen into the back floorboard. Taking a deep breath, she slammed the door before turning to KC and slapping him upside the head with the book.

“You almost killed me and now you’re telling me that you snuck into my room and got my brand new 25 dollar panties to wear. If you’d pissed my panties, I would’ve made you wear them the rest of the day, you idiot. You promised not to borrow my things anymore without asking. Not only did you lie, you’re wearing my damn underwear. You know what? Keep them. I don’t think I could wear them knowing they’ve been on your crusty ass anyway.” She stalked off toward the hospital.

KC rubbed the side of his head. “Shit Cass. I’m gonna have a knot where you hit me with that damn book. Don’t get so het up. I’ll wash the damn panties. And anyway, my ass is not crusty. That’s plain rude of you to say so. You know I’m a very clean person. Humph! Crusty my ass.”

Cassie turned back to him. “That’s exactly what I said. Now come on you panty thief. Try to contain yourself for the few minutes we visit with Ms. Nettie. Farmer Sam had to go out of town today and I’m sure she’s lonely.”

“I’ll be on my best behavior.” KC followed sedately behind Cassie.

***

Cassie knocked softly on the hospital room door before pushing it open. “Ms. Nettie?” She moved into the room, KC following close behind. “This is my friend KC. We came to see how you’re doing.”

The older woman straightened up in the hospital bed, smiling brightly. She pushed the buttons on the side of her bed, raising the head of her bed so that she was almost in a sitting position. “If it isn’t my little friend Cassie! Did you say your friends name is Casey?”

“It’s KC. He’s living with Jo Ann and me temporarily until he finds a place of his own.”

“Nice to meet you KC. Those are lovely flowers. How thoughtful.” Ms. Nettie seemed thrill with their company and the flowers.

“I brought you a book also. They were just putting them on the shelf down at The Book Nook. It’s the newest one by Aggie Crossley.” Cassie handed the book to the older woman.

“How sweet of you. I’ve been waiting for this one to come out. Ya’ll have a seat and catch me up on the happenings about town.” Ms. Nettie beamed at KC and Cassie.

Sitting down on a leather love seat running along the wall beside the hospital bed, KC and Cassie proceeded to fill Ms. Nettie in on all the harmless gossip of their small town.

“KC, I love your flip flops. That is a bright color pink. Why just the other day, Sam brought me in a pair the same color. They just didn’t have the sparkly things on them. He’s never bought me anything like that before.”

KC piped up. “He didn’t ...” He trailed off when Cassie almost broke his ribs with her elbow. “Um, I mean, thank you. Pink is one of my favorite colors.” Then he slumped down in his seat like a sulky child that found out someone had stolen his favorite toy.

***

An hour later KC and Cassie were on their way home. KC was still sulking over his lost flip flops.

“You’ve been sulking over an hour KC. It’s just a pair of damn flip flops. Anyway, you’ve got new ones now. Why the long face? Ms. Nettie probably feels pretty when she puts them on.” Cassie patted KC’s knee as she spoke. One thing she did know is KC loved his shoes and clothes. “She’s probably never even had a pink pair of flip flops.”

KC still looked heartbroken. Becoming a little concerned, Cassie asked, “Is there something else the matter KC? Why do you still look so upset?”

Sniffing a little KC said, “I keep picturing Ms. Nettie slopping the hogs in my favorite pink flip flops.”

finis

Thanks for reading about my 2 favorite characters and their shenanigans.
Copyright © 2014 joann414; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hate flip flops but I liked this prompt :thumbup: poor Cassie have to babysit KC ! I think that Wayne would be a better sitter, he can teach KC how to bake

 

:hug:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Wayne teach me to bake?? :o I'm better at eating than baking :P

I do love my shoes and think I might have to sneak back over there and get my flip-flops back!!! :lmao:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Lovely Jo!

KC - you got newer prettier ones - let the old lady have them. They obviously make her happy.

Remind me to do the driving if I ever travel with KC!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 08/31/2014 05:40 AM, Kitt said:
Lovely Jo!

KC - you got newer prettier ones - let the old lady have them. They obviously make her happy.

Remind me to do the driving if I ever travel with KC!

LOL. Of course he should be happy over new ones. Nope, I wouldn't ride with the Muppet :P
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 08/31/2014 04:40 AM, K.C. said:
Wayne teach me to bake?? :o I'm better at eating than baking :P

I do love my shoes and think I might have to sneak back over there and get my flip-flops back!!! :lmao:

LOL. That's why you're my fav muse knothead. :P
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 08/31/2014 03:09 AM, Slytherin said:
I hate flip flops but I liked this prompt :thumbup: poor Cassie have to babysit KC ! I think that Wayne would be a better sitter, he can teach KC how to bake

 

:hug:

Thanx Dang Bear. "makes note not to send you furry flip flops. LOL
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Shit Jo Ann! No wonder you need to take so much bourbon with you on vacation! lol With Cassie and KC (but mainly KC), getting into so much trouble, it's no wonder you need a few stiff drinks every now and then. :D

 

Poor, poor KC - he's pink flip flop-less, but at least he has brandie new purple underwear! And expensive underwear to boot! :P

 

That must have been some hospital; I've never seen a hospital room that comes equipped with a leather loveseat! lol :)

 

Great chapter, Jo Ann! :P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 09/06/2014 12:43 PM, Lisa said:
Shit Jo Ann! No wonder you need to take so much bourbon with you on vacation! lol With Cassie and KC (but mainly KC), getting into so much trouble, it's no wonder you need a few stiff drinks every now and then. :D

 

Poor, poor KC - he's pink flip flop-less, but at least he has brandie new purple underwear! And expensive underwear to boot! :P

 

That must have been some hospital; I've never seen a hospital room that comes equipped with a leather loveseat! lol :)

 

Great chapter, Jo Ann! :P

Thank you! Yeppy, they're trouble with a capital T
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I loved KC and his pink flip flops. They both were cute and irresistible, lol. The bickering between Kc and Cassie is the life of this story. I can't have enough of them. Another amazing read, Jo Ann, made me laugh. I had a really good time. Onto the next chapter:)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..