Jump to content

The Funny Thing Is

   (2 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance

The Funny Thing Is, things always change when you get older. Cooper, Kyle, Spencer, and Sebastian are all older, but barely any wiser. When a blast from Cooper's past returns to threaten his status quo, how will react? How will he balance the quest for true love with his new status as a family man.
Contains spoilers for The List.

All characters and names have been changed to protect those involved. This story contains a considerable amount of sexuality, adult themes and detailed description of adult themes. If this offends you, please consider not reading further.
Default

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

riaan.bloum

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A grate story.

Action-packed full of life's drama. A sort of " life with my wife and other disasters" story, center in the middle of a midlife crises intertwined in " life is full of hard choices, deal with it".

Switching teams is never easy, and the author skillfully articulated the emotions and struggles associated in such circumstances, interweaving the "one that got away" love and turning it upside down. At the same time dealing with friendships and the dynamics thereof.   

 

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for this review! I greatly appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I hope you'll check out my other work and continue to leave valued feedback. 

  • Like 1
Link to review
Pascal

  

20 years after "The List" we get to meet all of the boys again. Well, men not boys anymore. Just because they are older doesn't mean they are any wiser, or less prone to drama. Amongst themselves and with more or less innocent bystanders.

We again follow Cooper through his life. He has settled in nicely and one could think he has it all. A great family, a tight knit group of crazy friends who would go through hell and back to have each others backs, a good career... So what's missing?

To say this story is equally well written as "The List" would be an understatement. It seems that not only the boys grew into men but also the author stepped his game up. Or maybe he's just insanely good at writing guys of different ages. While the characters are 100% the same as in "The List", they are, at least in some ways, more mature, while in other ways they are still the same scared little boys in search of... what exactly? 

With each chapter, we (and also them) learn a bit more about what each of them is looking for, what each of them has done in the last 20 years and what each of them wants from life.

While you could read this story without having read "The List", I would strongly recommend that you read that first, because knowing what exactly went down 20 years ago helps to make sense and get a deeper meaning of most scenes. Plus, if you haven't read "The List", you would have missed a crazy amount of hot sex.

Thank you @Jwolf, sir, for another great piece of literature. I enjoyed every minute of reading.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..