Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 3,106 Words
  • 6,477 Views
  • 47 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shepherd's Crook - 9. Chapter 9

Monday couldn’t arrive quick enough. Thoughts of Tanner teased Gibby as his mind drifted off to images of the handsome boy standing by the edge of the pool, the muscles of his broad back, his round butt in that tight wet underwear. Gibby let a groan rumble his chest with the memories of the delightful, yet brief encounter.

Rushing into class just as the bell rang, Gibby nibbled at his lower lip to hide his smile. Tanner had already set up their work area and was gazing into the microscope.

“Hey,” Tanner glanced up, giving Gibby a quick smile before flipping the page of his science book and inserting the next set of slides. Leaning back from the equipment, Tanner nodded to Gibby, “Do you want to take a peek?”

Gibby turned the microscope slightly and looked in the lens. The specimen was a flat cross-section of a shaft of hair. Smiling, Gibby recognized the slide. “Curly hair,” he was confident in his identification.

Tanner looked impressed. Crossing his arms over his chest stirred the air around him bring a wave of rich masculine scent that was a mixture of soap and earth. “What are you, some kind of science whiz?” He asked, genuinely fascinated with Gibby’s knowledge.

Debating if he should tell him that his class did the same experiment last year back at Lockner, Gibby just shook his head no.

Ms. Stein’s lecture was interesting, but Gibby had a hard time concentrating with Tanner beside him. He felt a flush of heat whenever he was close. Not wanting to embarrass himself by popping a boner, Gibby was glad when class was over so he could put some space between them.

***

“Thank you for seeing me, Principal Grady,” Tanner smiled at the older man sitting behind his wooden desk as he pulled his backpack over his shoulder, preparing to head off to class.

Mr. Grady glanced up from the neatly typed letter that Tanner had just given him. “Anytime Tanner, I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve looked into this.”

Amanda’s eyes popped open and her mouth hung wide. She had just entered the school office and noticed Tanner leaving her father’s office. Tanner gazed at the floor as he crossed the threshold into the hallway and darted up the steps towards his next class.

“Tanner!” Amanda growled as she took the stairs two at a time to catch up to him.

He spun on his heels, unaware that he was being followed. “What do you want now?”

She gasped, her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. He bit the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing.

“Well,” Tanner was irritated with her and if she didn’t hurry up and say what was on her mind, they would both be late for class.

Her face flushed red with anger. “What the fuck was that about?” Pointing at the school office that they had just run out of.

Tanner rolled his eyes as he shrugged and turned his back on her. “Really, Amanda, has anyone ever told you that you’re freaking paranoid?”

“Then what were you talking to my father about?”

Tanner stopped and glared at her over his shoulder, “It’s none of your fucking business!” His lips curled as he swore at her through his clenched teeth.

“If you--”

Unwilling to listen to another word, Tanner turned his back and headed off to class. Amanda screamed when he started to walk away.

“Tanner?” She tried to get his attention. He only shook his blond head, but he didn’t stop.

Her shrill, “Tanner Mitchell!!!” could be heard in the entire east wing of the school, but he wouldn’t give her the satisfaction of stopping.

***

Morning sunshine filled the Grady’s home. Amanda primped in front of her mirror like she did every morning, except today she wasn’t in a rush to get downstairs. Her father got ready for work then followed his nose to the kitchen for his usual cup of coffee.

Waiting until she was sure that he wasn’t coming back to his bedroom, Amanda dashed across the hallway to her parent’s bedroom and then quickly opened the bottom dresser drawer. Her hands dug under the mound of socks, finding the black velvet bag that she knew was hidden underneath.

The weight was distinctive. She opened her backpack and pulled out the rolls of quarters that she’d taped together and swapped them with the handgun. Tucking the velvet around the imitation looked good. It would pass if someone happened to move it around in the drawer. Happy with the replacement, Amanda buried it under dozens of identical matching socks before pushing the drawer back closed.

Her hands trembled with the weight of the weapon. Giving a quick flick to make sure the safety was on, Amanda smiled as she stood up and shoved it into her bag.

“I’m not stupid enough to let it accidentally go off in my locker,” She sneered at her reflection in her parent’s mirror.

“Amanda Beth Grady,” Her mother’s voice echoed through the house, “Get your butt down here right now. Your breakfast is getting cold and you’re going to make your father late for work.”

“Alright!” Amanda shouted as she continued to watch herself in the mirror. Holding up two fingers to her temple she muttered under her breath, “Jeez, woman, don’t have a fucking cow,” then pulled her fingers like the trigger making a ‘bang’ sound with her lips.

Satisfied that everything was tucked away where it belonged, Amanda winked at her reflection before skipping down the hallway to enjoy her breakfast before school.

***

Tanner milled around the locker room waiting for the rest of the team to head out onto the field. Ethan never told him what had led to the big blow up at the game the other night, but since he was acting like everything was back to normal, that was fine with Tanner.

Trying to avoid Amanda also meant avoiding Ethan, not that he wanted to avoid one of his closest friends, but wherever there was one of them, the other was usually nearby. At least practice was a safe zone. Since Amanda had cheerleading practice, she wouldn’t be around to annoy him.

“Everyone in the locker room,” Their coach’s voice boomed through the gym.

The coach wasn’t happy with their performance at the game. It could be read in his eyes and the vein that bulged in his neck, but he didn’t yell or lose his temper. Tanner smiled. It was one of the reasons he liked the man, he knew that they were still kids and understood that they made mistakes.

“Friday is gone; we are never going to get that back, so let’s move forward from here.” Coach’s eyes slowly moved around the locker room, connecting with every boy sitting in there.

“We need to focus on working together and learn teamwork, to help us face Greenville in two weeks. So I want you to look at the guy to your left…” He paused while they did as he said, “…and now look at the guy on your right…” Again, he waited, “…starting today, they’re your brothers and we are going to face this season as a family.”

Several smiles flashed across the young faces in the locker room. The coach’s pep talk was kind of corny, but it got the players nodding their head in agreement. They didn’t want to lose another game and they had to trust their coach.

“Now, come on and show me what you’ve got.” When he finished the guys jumped up, bumped chests and fists as they raced out towards the football field.

***

Gibby hung back a few minutes at the end of the day, trying to catch a glimpse of Tanner getting ready for practice, but when the field was empty after the buses has all left for the day, he thought that maybe the practice schedule had changed.

Tanner’s bike was still in the rack out front and several cars that he recognized as the other players’ were parked outside the gymnasium, but there weren’t any players in sight. Disappointed, Gibby dragged his feet along the gravel as he slowly pushed his bike along the road.

Most of the streets of Shepherd’s Crook had nice, clean sidewalks, but a few of the roads on the outskirts of town only had a gravel edging. The road was wide enough for two cars and a bicyclist to ride comfortably. Since his plans of watching practice hadn’t panned out, Gibby hopped on his bike and headed towards the library to exchange the books that he’d finished reading.

The library was empty. Already knowing which books he wanted to check out, Gibby easily found the science fiction novels and was back on his bike in minutes.

When Gibby turned the corner onto Silver Forest Lane, he noticed Jonathan’s black SUV in front of their rented house. Pedaling a little faster, he rode his bike up to the house and quickly parked beside the porch.

“What are you doing home so early?” Gibby called out to Jonathan somewhere in the house as he dropped his satchel onto the leather couch in the living room.

Jonathan appeared in the doorway of the study. “I have to head over to Mt. Jackson.”

Gibby frowned, “What for?”

“One of my patients’ needed a biopsy today and I don’t want to wait for the pathology pick-up some time tomorrow, so I’m going to run it to the lab so they can start working on the tests right away. Do you want to come?”

Spending the evening hanging out in an uptight sterile laboratory wasn’t very appealing. Before Gibby could shake his head no, Jonathan grinned, “I can drop you off at the mall while I get a few hours of work done.”

Gibby’s face lit up when his dad said the magic words…the mall! His voice was thick with lust as he moaned the name of his favorite store, “Hot Topic.”

Jonathan laughed as he thought he caught a glimpse of drool at the corner of Gibby’s lips.

“Hell, yes, give me five minutes to get ready,” Gibby told his dad as he turned and dashed up the stairs to fetch two gift cards left over from his birthday.

***

Coach worked the team twice as hard as their punishment for screwing up the Mt. Jackson game. It was one thing to give your best and lose, but it was another thing to hand the opposing team a victory because the Shepherd’s Crook boys couldn’t get their shit together.

Extending the evening practice more than an hour past the normal time had a crowd of curious parents watching along the fence surrounding the field. They talked and discussed the reason for Friday’s upset, but none of them questioned the coach’s tactics.

The autumn air held a chill as the boys raced off the field to the locker room.

“Sorry for keeping the boys so late tonight,” The coach addressed the parents waiting to drive their kids’ home, “But I really think we benefited from it.”

Several parents nodded their heads, appreciating the coach’s dedication and murmured to those around as they agreed with him.

Sweaty, sore and tired, the players rushed through the locker room to shower and change before heading home.

Tanner hung back like he always did, following the same routine. He preferred to get his equipment cleaned and neatly packed away before heading into the shower to wash up after practice while most of his other teammates stepped over their uniforms and equipment still lying in the floor.

Glancing around at the boys exiting the showers in a steady stream, Tanner felt a familiar stir as he finished gathering his things together. Slow and steady breaths usually helped calm his racing heart, but the thick smell of masculine sweat made his chest ache. Tanner had to get cleaned up and maybe now that the locker room was clearing out, he could stand under the cold spray without anyone noticing his arousal.

Ethan strolled out of the coach’s office with his bare chest puffed out. Everyone praised his performance tonight at practice. Whatever demons were plaguing the young quarterback at Friday night’s game were gone and the boy was back to playing like a pro.

Tanner shivered when Ethan joined him in the large open shower room. Standing two stalls down, Ethan was close enough for Tanner to catch a whiff of his shampoo. It was a rich dark smell that had Tanner’s stomach nervously fluttering. Needing to get out of the locker room before he embarrassed himself, Tanner splashed water over his soapy body and rushed for the door.

Within minutes, Ethan was following him. He stepped into the locker room and looked around for Tanner. Noticing that he was acting odd in the showers, Ethan wanted to talk to him before he headed home. Ethan hadn’t apologized yet for the way he had acted during the game the other night, but standing alone in the darken room, he was obviously too late.

Ethan finished toweling off and quickly dressed, he grabbed his gym bag and stepped out into the cold night air. Steam rose off his hot wet body. Tanner’s bike was usually leaned against the solid brick wall that lead to the gymnasium except the bike and its owner were both gone.

Disappointed that he didn’t get to talk to Tanner before he took off, Ethan shuffled towards his sports car in the parking lot.

“Ethan,” Amanda’s voice startled him.

Grabbing the front of his shirt and clutching his chest, Ethan gasped before an embarrassed chuckle escaped from deep in his chest, “Damn it Mandy,” He playfully teased, “You scared the shit out of me.”

Normally, she would have given him a devious grin at catching him off guard, but tonight she just frowned. Worry flashed across her face.

“You waited for me?” Ethan forced a smile at her. “Practice ran super late tonight so I figured you would have gone home already.”

“No,” Amanda hesitated, “Ethan…we need to talk.”

Ethan noticed that her eyes darted over his shoulder instead of looking him in the eyes. His stomach sank. Suddenly nervous, Ethan dropped his bag by his feet and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Talk? Is that code for we’re going to break up?” Ethan growled.

Taking a step closer, Amanda started to reach out to touch him before retracting her hands back to her sides. “No, I don’t want to break up with you, but Tanner…” Her voice trailed off as she let Ethan’s spinning mind jump to his own conclusions.

The muscles flexed in his jaw as Ethan snarled through his clenched teeth. “…but Tanner what?” He demanded. Anger darkened his eyes. His voice was harsher than a punch, just as he intended it to be, making her jump. If she was going to dump him, he was going to make her say it. There was no way he was going to make it easy for her. Ethan needed to hear the bitter words before he would believe that their relationship was really over.

“Tanner wants me back. He thinks that I’m his.” Amanda skillfully lied. “He said if I don’t break up with you… then he’s going to tell my dad and the school board about us cheating on tests.”

It wasn’t a secret that Tanner and Amanda had dated their freshman year in high school. Ethan had always been jealous over Tanner dating her first and for as long as they have dated, she was constantly reassuring him that Tanner was history.

Ethan and Amanda had started dating almost two years ago. The summer of their sophomore year, Ethan shot up eight inches and lost twenty pounds of baby fat, toss in contacts, a stylish haircut, a bottle of Proactive and a good orthodontist and Ethan was suddenly the hottest guy in school. All the girls at school were suddenly interested in him, but he only wanted Amanda Grady. She was the love of his life and now he couldn’t believe that his best friend was trying to steal his girlfriend.

“So that’s it?” He growled, “Just like that? We’re over?” Ethan fought the tears that rimmed his eyes. There was no way he was going to cry in front of her.

“I don’t want us to break up, Ethan, but you’re going to have to stop Tanner from telling.” Amanda manipulated Ethan. She knew how to use his own insecurities to get him to do exactly what she wanted.

Ethan glanced over his shoulder. If Tanner just left, then they would be able to quickly catch up with him on his bike.

“Get in the car,” Ethan commanded, stalking toward the driver’s side of his car. Hiding her evil smile, Amanda followed him and jumped into the passenger seat.

Tires spun gravel across the parking lot as the black Camaro sped into the night.

“I think it’s time that someone taught Tanner Mitchell a lesson.” Ethan smirked.

Amanda knew that if she pushed him far enough, Ethan would do anything to keep from losing her. Racing along the same path Tanner would have ridden moments before, she decided to go all in. “Tanner kissed me last night. He stopped by my house unexpected…and he kissed me.”

That was Ethan’s breaking point. He stomped on the gas, causing his car to fishtail in the road. “That son of a bitch!”

Reaching into her backpack, Amanda’s fingers skimmed the cold hard metal of her father’s gun when Ethan reached behind her and grabbed a baseball bat from behind her seat. He handed it to her then pointed out the windshield.

“There he is.”

Gripping the smooth wood between her fingers, she smiled, “Even better.”

The deserted road was wide. Tanner hugged the edge of the road as headlights approached behind him. There was plenty of room for the car to easily go around him. He kept a steady pace as he headed home.

Amanda rolled down her window before shifting in her seat to hold the bat out the car window. The evil grin that curled around her face was terrifying.

“I want you to scare the fuck out of that little shit,” He yelled at Amanda to swing the bat at Tanner’s back tire. “It’s about time someone knocked the crap out of that asshole, bring him down a notch or two.”

The move was swift. Amanda’s swing connected with her target, sending Tanner sprawling to the cold hard ground.

Okay, before you send me angry death-threats and plot to run me over with your car or impale me with sharp objects...WAIT! Please...
There is still a lot more of this story to come. If one of you kills me then I can't finish posting so none of you will know what happens...so please don't kill me!
KC (Runs and hides under the bed)
Copyright © 2012 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



No use hiding under the bed, KC. The assasins have been given their orders, watch your back!!! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!! Ha Ha Ha *evil scientist laugh*mace.gif

But seriouly, sweaty, hard masculine chests --very HOT, you made my day!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought Amanda was just a manipulative bitch, but she really is a PSYCOPATH wacko.png . She should be in a psychiatric facility,preferably with a strait jacket.

Thanks for posting earlythumbsupsmileyanim.gif .

Link to comment

Oh god,Amanda's not a bitch,she's crazy,a psycho. And that Ethan dude should buy himself another brain. An yeah KC I'm going to kill you with my bare hands cause I really can't wait to know what will happen. Oh and nice pun at the beggining :D Well love your story and love you too anyway <3

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 12:35 AM, Gulab Jamun said:
No use hiding under the bed, KC. The assasins have been given their orders, watch your back!!! Be afraid, be very afraid!!!! Ha Ha Ha *evil scientist laugh*mace.gif

But seriouly, sweaty, hard masculine chests --very HOT, you made my day!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought Amanda was just a manipulative bitch, but she really is a PSYCOPATH wacko.png . She should be in a psychiatric facility,preferably with a strait jacket.

Thanks for posting earlythumbsupsmileyanim.gif .

**peek out from under the dust-ruffle**

 

I don't see any stones or shiny sharp objects...yet! :P

 

Thanks Gulab, Yes Amanda is crazy. I think we knew that before but now we have confirmation. Glad to see that you liked it!

 

A trembling KC

Link to comment

I'm going to be pulling out my hair waiting for next monday! you don't play when you do a cliff hanger do you KC. Amanda has lost her mind. not sure what's more disturbing, the fact that she stole the gun from her father with the intent to use it, or the fact that Ethan is so incapable of forming his own thoughts and is so easily manipulated that he would want to bodily harm someone because of jealousy.; On the flipside loved Gibby thinking about Tanner and the small little moments between them in class and such. And Poor Tanner! i hope somehow gibby finds him and helps save his life *nods* yes that would be nice. oy anyway great chapter can't wait to see what happens next

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 12:39 AM, LilyS said:
Oh god,Amanda's not a bitch,she's crazy,a psycho. And that Ethan dude should buy himself another brain. An yeah KC I'm going to kill you with my bare hands cause I really can't wait to know what will happen. Oh and nice pun at the beggining :D Well love your story and love you too anyway <3
Yep, Amanda is a psychopath! She made me do it!!! Will that stand up in a court of law? LOL :lol:

 

I'm glad you still like me and thanks so much for reading!

 

KC :D

Link to comment

I agree that Amanda is clearly loco, but Daddy Dearest could use a little psychiatic attention too. And Ethan is clearly an idiot driven by teenage testosterone (need I say more).

Just curious - you made a point of talking about Gibby's horrible scars in the beginning so I thought that they, or rather Gibby's feelings about them, would play a large role in the story. I assume they will when the love affair develops?

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 12:48 AM, Jammi said:
I'm going to be pulling out my hair waiting for next monday! you don't play when you do a cliff hanger do you KC. Amanda has lost her mind. not sure what's more disturbing, the fact that she stole the gun from her father with the intent to use it, or the fact that Ethan is so incapable of forming his own thoughts and is so easily manipulated that he would want to bodily harm someone because of jealousy.; On the flipside loved Gibby thinking about Tanner and the small little moments between them in class and such. And Poor Tanner! i hope somehow gibby finds him and helps save his life *nods* yes that would be nice. oy anyway great chapter can't wait to see what happens next
You guys do realize that posting early will make it 8 days until next chapter :o

 

Hehe- Amanda and Ethan are really the perfect couple. She's crazy and manipulative and he can't think for himself!

 

There is still a lot more to come, we are only half way through this story. Thanks for reading and not killing me :P

Link to comment

Ya better tremble KC.... that was one helluva cliffhanger. I'll be the first to throw stones, I suppose. Honestly, though, your writing one heck of a story, and so far it's in the bag to be nominated for the next award session :D Two thumbs up ;)

Link to comment

Well, Damn...I'm sitting here trying to wrap my mind around what just happened. As if I didn't already hate that trashbag....evil.gif but let me back up a little...The real reason Tanner hungs back is revealed eh?wink.png that could make things interesting...that is if he lives..*shoots you the evil eye* but not to worry, dear, they'll be no threats, because like you mentioned then we wouldn't get any updates. But that doesn't mean I can't kidnap you...Ever seen the movie Misery? Just putting it therelaugh.png

Great chapter KC, now off the fire up the pit after I digest this. Have a wonderful day!!!

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 12:54 AM, Ozymandias said:
I agree that Amanda is clearly loco, but Daddy Dearest could use a little psychiatic attention too. And Ethan is clearly an idiot driven by teenage testosterone (need I say more).

Just curious - you made a point of talking about Gibby's horrible scars in the beginning so I thought that they, or rather Gibby's feelings about them, would play a large role in the story. I assume they will when the love affair develops?

I think we knew that Amanda was going over the deep end. Ethan is a jealous, horny, teenage boy...he's easily manipulated and she knows that.

 

We will still see a lot more about Gibby's scars and the fire in future chapters. Thanks for reading. :)

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 01:01 AM, Houdinii said:
Ya better tremble KC.... that was one helluva cliffhanger. I'll be the first to throw stones, I suppose. Honestly, though, your writing one heck of a story, and so far it's in the bag to be nominated for the next award session :D Two thumbs up ;)
Awww thanks Brian, I think :lol: I'm glad nobody has tried to hurt me too bad but the day is still early :P

 

I'm trying to bring a great story that everyone likes...glad that you're reading and liking!

 

KC :)

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 01:02 AM, Naptowngirl said:
Well, Damn...I'm sitting here trying to wrap my mind around what just happened. As if I didn't already hate that trashbag....evil.gif but let me back up a little...The real reason Tanner hungs back is revealed eh?wink.png that could make things interesting...that is if he lives..*shoots you the evil eye* but not to worry, dear, they'll be no threats, because like you mentioned then we wouldn't get any updates. But that doesn't mean I can't kidnap you...Ever seen the movie Misery? Just putting it therelaugh.png

Great chapter KC, now off the fire up the pit after I digest this. Have a wonderful day!!!

OMG! Kim, my husband just told me last night that someone was going to go "Misery" on my ass!

 

**Dash back under the bed**

 

I'm glad you like it. Thanks so much for reading!

Link to comment

You bed will not protect you. KC you better hurry and post the next chapter, it'll take me time to book a flight get there find you........

Link to comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant leave it there!!! How mean? :( :( :( Damn your posting schedule. Get to writing and post the next chapter soooooon!! Or I am gonna die :P

Poor Poor Tanner! And I hate Amanda so very much. She is one evil, manipulative, demonic bitch!!! I wonder if Gibby will come to his rescue or something.. that'd be soo romantic ^_^

Hey wait according to your posting schedule, you post chapters on Monday right? And tomorrow is Monday.. Does that mean we get the next chapter tomorrow??? cwm27.gif

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 02:06 AM, Kiltie69 said:
You bed will not protect you. KC you better hurry and post the next chapter, it'll take me time to book a flight get there find you........
Well what if I book a flight there soooo while you are on your way here, I get there and hide under your bed??? :huh: Wonder if that will keep me safe for a while...I might have to rethink my logic LOL :lol:

 

Thanks for reading, Tom! :D

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 02:24 AM, SidLove said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant leave it there!!! How mean? :( :( :( Damn your posting schedule. Get to writing and post the next chapter soooooon!! Or I am gonna die :P

Poor Poor Tanner! And I hate Amanda so very much. She is one evil, manipulative, demonic bitch!!! I wonder if Gibby will come to his rescue or something.. that'd be soo romantic ^_^

Hey wait according to your posting schedule, you post chapters on Monday right? And tomorrow is Monday.. Does that mean we get the next chapter tomorrow??? cwm27.gif

Oooooh, are you trying to find a posting loop-hole? :lmao: Sorry Sid, it doesn't work that way. I asked if you guys wanted new chapter early...have to wait until next Monday for chapter 10 :P

 

I'm glad you like this story. It is my favorite story that I have written so far!

 

KC ^-^

Link to comment

Wow! :o Did you forget that I know where you live? Go ahead, hide under that bed, if you think that will keep you safe (It will make it easier to find you!) LOL

Better yet, someonke kill Amanda...quick!!!

Now we have to wait for next chapter??? You really are evil!!!

Link to comment

While I'm still at the edge of my seat, Amanda is starting to seem a bit unbelievable. Her psychosis is a little too strong to go unnoticed so late into her development. What the hell is her deal?

 

Also you don't have to worry about the death and dying unless there's an unhappy ending. Then I might kidnap you and force you to rewrite it under pain of torture. Another way out is to label this as a tragedy so I can stop reading. They're just not my thing.

 

Thanks for posting!

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 03:30 AM, Shadow Runner said:
Wow! :o Did you forget that I know where you live? Go ahead, hide under that bed, if you think that will keep you safe (It will make it easier to find you!) LOL

Better yet, someonke kill Amanda...quick!!!

Now we have to wait for next chapter??? You really are evil!!!

Hush! Did you forget that I know where you live too? ;)

 

Instead of killing each other we go hunt down Amanda and kill her? :lol: You in?

 

Sorry that you have to wait until next Monday to get another chapter...I tried to make everyone happy but posting early :)

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 03:40 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
While I'm still at the edge of my seat, Amanda is starting to seem a bit unbelievable. Her psychosis is a little too strong to go unnoticed so late into her development. What the hell is her deal?

 

Also you don't have to worry about the death and dying unless there's an unhappy ending. Then I might kidnap you and force you to rewrite it under pain of torture. Another way out is to label this as a tragedy so I can stop reading. They're just not my thing.

 

Thanks for posting!

Most mental disorders don’t manifest until late teens or early adult. There is usually a first trigger and the person can act irrational and unpredictable. Just because she’s been highly functional doesn’t mean that it wasn’t there before…just well hidden. I lived with a schizophrenic for years and believe me, you can’t always tell when someone is mentally ill. The smarter they are the more dangerous they can be ;)

 

I hope you still like the story once I've gotten to the end but I haven't written it all so I'm not 100% sure what the final outcome will be (please don't kill me)

 

Thanks for reading :)

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 07:08 AM, ninecila said:
oh god, you can't seriously leave us hanging until next week?! That's so unfair....
I'm sorry to leave you on a cliff. It was a hard decision where to do the chapter break on this one. I thought about cutting early but didn't want to end short, so I pushed a little further but inched ever closer to that darn cliff :P

 

Thanks for reading :D

Link to comment

Yeah, you better hide under your bed! I'm looking under the white pages for your address as we speak, err, write. lol

 

What a cliffie! Omg, Amanda is psycho! She stole her father's gun for Christ's sakes! AND CARRIED IT WITH HER ALL DAY IN SCHOOL!!!!! Shit, don't they have like detectors or something? I thought all schools are supposed to have that now since Columbine? What a scary thought of her going bonkers in the middle of the hallways, waving the loaded gun around! It's also scary that she even knew where the safety was! lol

 

And Ethan, get a brain you moron! Tanner is your best friend. Jesus, let him try to explain himself. Why are you believing your psycho g/f? Jesus, I just wanna smack him upside his head!

 

Hmf. Maybe Jonathan and Gibby will pass Tanner on the way to the mall. One can only hope.

 

Ok, counting down the days until next week. Shit, it's too long of a wait! :(

 

Awesome chapter KC! Have a great Memorial Day and omg, wait, I have an address....(getting in my car/plane now) lol......

Link to comment

There is that evil streak I knew you had. :lol: And people accuse me of leaving readers with a cliff hanger. Geez.

So we don't know if he was hurt or it was something more serious. Amanda is seriously one wicked Bitch, maybe heading off to some jail time or time in a mental facility is not too far off in her future. She doesn't know a thing about what was in Tanner's letter and is just making jump after jump with no evidence. Then she uses Ethan as weapon. Evidently the Queen didn't like being used as a beard for a year so when the next opportunity came she moved on, even if it was to the best friend of her former boyfriend. Ethan is never going to know just how stupid he is.

Well I hope Gibby at least enjoys his trip to Hot Topic. God, I'm old and love that store too. :lol: Till your next chapter oh sadistic one. Great read.

Link to comment
On 05/28/2012 08:53 AM, Lisa said:
Yeah, you better hide under your bed! I'm looking under the white pages for your address as we speak, err, write. lol

 

What a cliffie! Omg, Amanda is psycho! She stole her father's gun for Christ's sakes! AND CARRIED IT WITH HER ALL DAY IN SCHOOL!!!!! Shit, don't they have like detectors or something? I thought all schools are supposed to have that now since Columbine? What a scary thought of her going bonkers in the middle of the hallways, waving the loaded gun around! It's also scary that she even knew where the safety was! lol

 

And Ethan, get a brain you moron! Tanner is your best friend. Jesus, let him try to explain himself. Why are you believing your psycho g/f? Jesus, I just wanna smack him upside his head!

 

Hmf. Maybe Jonathan and Gibby will pass Tanner on the way to the mall. One can only hope.

 

Ok, counting down the days until next week. Shit, it's too long of a wait! :(

 

Awesome chapter KC! Have a great Memorial Day and omg, wait, I have an address....(getting in my car/plane now) lol......

:lamo: I'm listed under the white pages, my real name is: Comic Fan and I live at 123 Main Street...LOL

 

I don't know about other small towns but the schools here where I live do not have metal detectors. Yeah, she could have caused a lot more trouble but she's too focused on Tanner.

 

Ethan is a dumbass, he's so insecure that he's not thinking straight and Amanda know just the right button to push toget him to do what she wants.

 

Thanks for reading...glad the wifi reaches all the way under the bed **trembles in feear** :P

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..