Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 5,725 Words
  • 1,200 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 24. Chapter 24

An old friend arrives to help Anton.
Adam and Justin search Perkin's house.

Anton waited in the interrogation room listening to—nothing. He was not accustomed to the silence, other than his early risings to a peaceful house. But that would only last for a good fifteen minutes. He missed the sound of his family's voices echoing in his ears. Either asking him when was the next meal or where was their missing key's, wallet or article of clothing. He never thought those annoying pet peeves would be the things he missed the most.

Tears welled in his eyes as he tried to blink them away. He needed to stay strong, that's what Troy would want from him. His body shook from the thought of seeing Troy's face when he finds out about him and Eric Perkins. Anton wanted to roll up like a ball and die from the shame. Why was Troy helping him? He’ll walk away out of his life, their marriage. Anton dropped his head and was about to let it all go when the door was unlocked and in flowed his family.

Paul, and Kyle but no Adam came rushing at him and embracing him. Troy gave his sons a chance to comfort their mother.

“Mom, did they hurt you?” Both his boys seem to say. Anton just smiled at them and kissed both their faces. He was unable to hug them with his wrist cuffed.

“Why are you handcuffed?” demanded Paul. “This is nuts you didn't do anything!” he barked.

Kyle only hugs him from behind as he was suddenly lost for words.

“It's procedure,” said Anton. Sheriff Owens came in with Philip Gomez bring up the rear. Stepping around the family Chris removed his key and unlocked Anton's cuffs.

Relieved the metal was removed Anton rubbed his sore wrist. He reached out and hugged Paul on his left and reached back and hugged Kyle.

“All right boys, Chris is doing this as a favor, so let's not abuse it,” said Troy. Who was speaking for himself, wanting to hold Anton in his arms? Paul and Kyle moved out of their father’s way.

“Come on Kyle, let's get something to eat while dad stays with mom and the lawyer,” said his older brother. Kyle nodded, but didn't have the stomach to eat, but he walked over and kissed his mother on the cheek and tried to keep his worry from showing. Anton cupped his face and kissed Kyle back.

“Don't you worry, everything is going to work out,” Anton said with a crack in his voice.

Kyle shook his head and left the room with Paul closing the door behind them.

Troy grabbed a chair and took his place beside Anton placing his arm around him.

“Anton this is our lawyer Philip Gomez,” said Troy. Anton didn't take notice of the man until Troy said his name. He looked towards the well-dressed male who resembled the same man Anton dated in college years ago, besides the gray at his temples.

***********

Philip met Anton as freshmen in college.

Anton, was running late for the ‘Welcome Freshmen’ event. He searched for a seat in the crowded auditorium spotting one empty chair off to the right of the room near the middle. He dropped beside Philip who was listening to the college president welcoming the new students to the joys of college life. While Philip listened, Anton drew in a sketch pad.

Philip noticed him beside him with his head down. Anton’s long black hair dangled loose that was pushed to one side showing his clear, appearance to Philip.

Philip tried to ignore him and listen to the president’s speech when Anton tapped his shoulder catching his attention. Philip looks over at him and stared into the prettiest eyes he had ever seen.

“Do you think this looks good?” asked Anton holding his book up to him and pointing at a side view of a car drawn in pencil that covered most of the page. A model T that was transformed into a monster. fat wheels, a rocket launcher was mounted on the back bumpers just above the tires, and the windows were tinted black.

Philip carefully studied the picture while he studied Anton's face that was just above it.

“It's nice,” said Philip, you have talent. Are you an art major?”

“No. Graphic design and architecture.”

“That car is a model T, my grandfather has two, fully restored back home. He collects old cars.”

“Really,” said Anton turning his picture around and staring at his drawing. “I have one but only the body, no wheels or engine.”

“I can show you pictures I've taken of them. They're very detailed.” Anton's eyes lit up and Philip was stunned when the softer male reached out and grabbed his forearm. In fact, his whole body's temperature raised.

“I would love to see them. I always wanted to see one up close.”

“There's an auto show downtown at the convention. There's bound to be some there.”

“Yeah but it's out of my price range after paying for all my books and supplies. And my parents are footing this bill.”

“Well, I was going to go this weekend. Would you like to join me?”

“Oh, I couldn't.”

“Why not, I would love the company. My friend bailed on me because of work so I have an extra ticket.”

“But you don't even know me.”

Philip reached out his hand and smiled.

“Philip Gomez, I'm majoring in business law.” Anton placed his hand in Philip's and right away Philip never wanted to let go of the smoother hand.

“I'm Anton Fey.”

“Do you live on campus, Anton?”

“Yes, I do. How about yourself?”

“I'm living with a friend off campus in a townhouse.”

“Just the two of you?”

“Yes.”

“Wow, that's great.”

“So, it's this Saturday, I can pick you up?” Philip said with a shrug.

“How about we walk there,” Anton suggested. “The town is filled with lots to do and there is a nice park near the convention center. We can have lunch. My treat.”

“That sounds fun. Give me your dorm address and we can walk from there.”

“Anton scribed down his information on a blank page and tore it out of his book handing it to Philip. Philip pulled out a business card and handed it to Anton.

“That’s my number and address.”

The orientation ended and neither one heard a word. The male next to Philip nudged him with his elbow. Philip turned to him.

“Let's go I'm starving,” he said.

“Sure.” Philip turned back to Anton. “I got to go.”

“No problem, so do I.”

Philip's friend rose and looked over at Anton.

“You know his seat was supposed to be mine,” he said flirtatious, causing Anton to blush.

“Cut it out or I'll tell Drusilla,” said Philip, his friend ignored him and reached out his hand.

“Hello, my name is Cyprus and you are?” Anton took his hand and was surprised when he kissed the back of his palm. He was lost for words when Philip took his hand from Cyprus's grasp.

“His name is Anton Fey and he's going with me to the auto show.”

“Oh, the one I had to blow off. Too bad, I would have loved walking with you, Anton.”

Anton was flustered from the attention and rose from his seat with Philip rising to step between him and Cyprus.

“Well, Philip, I will see you on Saturday at about nine a.m?”

“Yeah, we can go to breakfast together, if you like?”

“That would be nice. Goodbye.” Anton started to leave when Philip reached out for him grabbing his jacket sleeve.

“Where are you headed? I can walk you there.”

“No, you can't, you need to talk to your adviser, remember?” said Cyprus. Philip seems disappointed when he knew his friend was right. Anton picked up on it and grabbed his hand.”

“It's fine. I’m meeting friends anyway. But I'll be in the dining hall on Raven Hill, having dinner alone if you'd like to join me, around seven?”

“I'll be there,” smiled Philip.

“Great,” Anton looked at the other male. “It was nice meeting you Cyprus.”

“The pleasure was all mine.”

“See you later Philip.” Anton walked off. Philip waited until he was out of site before turning to his soon to be his former best friend.

“What was that about, did you and Drusilla have a fight?”

“What, no, we're great. I was just having fun.”

“Well cut it out.”

“Sorry, old man.”

“Why did you use your middle name?”

“Did you want him to find out I was one of the richest men here?”

“He wouldn’t have cared.”

“Don’t be so sure my friend. You’ve been burned before.”

Philip knew Raoul only did it to protect him. He and Raoul grew up together and even though Raoul's wealth was massive. He never left Philip out of the loop of fun. Raoul saw Philip as his brother.

“Come on Philip, clearly he likes you. And I'm glad.” Raoul smiled and patted Philip on the back.

“He is sweet,” Philip confessed, straightening his stance.

“So are you, my friend. Now come on, we need our schedules compatible, so no party is missed.”

“Is that all you can think about?”

“Might as well lose one’s mind before reality sets in.”

“Raoul when you have children...”

“We Philip—we. They will take a bite out of life like their fathers.” Raoul wrapped his arm around Philip's shoulder and led his friend away.

Saturday arrived, Anton met Philip in the lobby. Philip wore pressed jeans a clean white shirt, a blazer and high-end leather walking shoes where Anton wore cargo pants, with a black tee shirt with the word 'Vintage' on the front and a picture of a vintage car on the back, a leather saddle bag hung from his shoulder and on his feet, were worn sneakers.

Philip was taken back by Anton's appearance. He's never dated anyone so free spirited. But when Anton flashed him a smile all doubt melted away.

The day was pleasant as they had breakfast at a popular restaurant in a hotel. Philip did most of the talking about his family and career but Anton didn't seem to mind as he asked questions and hung on Philip's every word.

They arrived at the convention hall. Anton was overjoyed by the many varieties of motor verticals there. He couldn't help himself when he pulled out his sketch pad and drew amazing realistic images of different parts of the newer cars but full bodies of the vintage ones. They finished half of the show when they came across a small food court. Neither wanted to eat but both agreed on smoothies.

“Strawberry, banana, honeydew, watermelon, and spinach,” Anton said to Philip who went off to order their drinks while Anton waited at a table for two. When Philip returned Anton was engrossed in his drawing pad working on details on the things he drew. Anton didn't see Philip approach until his smoothie was placed in front of him. Anton looked up to see Philip he closed his pad and was about to put it away when Philip stopped him.

“May I see what held your attention longer than me?” he asked trying not to sound jealous. Anton smiled and handed over his pad. He enjoyed his drink as he sat patiently while Philip studied his work.

Philip looked over each page with a critical eye. He glanced up just to get a peek at Anton with the bendy straw between his lips as he pulled on it with his tongue to bring up the cold creamy drink stopping to lick his lips of any remains. “I'm going to kiss those lips today,” Philip said to himself and he closed the pad and handed it back to Anton. “These are amazing.”

“Thanks.”

“But what are you going to use them for?”

“For my steampunk projects.”

“Steampunk?”

“Steampunk merges designs incorporates from 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery. It's in science fiction books by people like H.G. Wells and Jules Verne plus others.”

“Is this steampunk apart of your studies?”

“No.”

“So, this is a hobby?”

“It's my dream to incorporate steampunk into my designs.”

“It doesn't seem to be profitable.”

“Everything doesn't have to be about money,” Anton said dropping his eyes and returning his pad to his bag that sat at his feet. Philip didn't mean to dash Anton's dreams he was only trying to be practical.

“Guess what, a friend of mine is a big vintage car collector and the coordinator here and has promised a private tour of his collection that was only for a raffle drawing later today. After we finished looking at the other half of the show I can take you back to see it.”

“Really?”

“Yeah I was saving it for a surprise but I want to make up for what I said about your dream.” Anton twisted his half-finished smoothie still not giving Philip any eye contact. “Also, he told me we can sit in one.” This caught Anton's attention who locked eyes with Philip again.

“No way, I can sit in a vintage car?”

Anton floated on cloud nine while they continued walking the rest of the convention. He showed no sign of being bothered by Philip's earlier comment and only talked about what modifications he would make to different cars that he saw. The time finally came.

“A fully restored Aston Martin DBR2 1956,” Anton said staring at the magnificent engineering. It was more than he could ever dream a car be but his mind was already ticking with ideas for modifications. Philip opened the driver's seat for him.

“Could I sit on the passenger side?” Anton asked. Philip stared back curiously at him but walked around and opened the passenger side for Anton.

“You can sit anywhere you want,” he responded. Anton walked around and climbed in holding his bag close to his chest. He watched as Philip joined him in the driver's seat.

“I never thought I would sit in one of these in its original form.”

“Then I hope this makes up for me being insensitive to you.”

“Already forgotten,” said Anton beaming at Philip. Philip took Anton's prolong gaze as permission for what he did next. Anton saw him leaning in to kiss him and met him halfway. Their tender embrace sent warmth through Philip's body who reached up and cupped Anton's face deepening the kiss. That is until they heard a profound cough that caused Anton to push Philip away and sit back in his seat blushing.

Philip looked over at his friend annoyed that he would interrupt him. But by his friend's hand gesture, Philip noticed the other people in the room regarding them intensely. Philip cleared his throat and straighten himself in his seat. When he looked over at Anton he felt a hint of jealousy seeing Anton engrossed in his sketchpad drawing the gears and gauges.

Anton never noticed Philip had climbed out as he moved his attention to the steering wheel, brake, clutch, and gas pedal. Anton was also allowed to vignette the engine. The owner was impressed with Anton's attention to detail that he commissioned him to draw his other vintage cars so he could display them around his home. Anton was thrilled and the money would ease a lot of his financial stresses he was having with his school bill and expenses.

They left the convention and Anton could not stop talking about his new opportunity. He never even noticed that Philip had walked him back to his place. Philip unlocked his door and Anton took a pause and looked at his surroundings.

“Philip, where are we? I thought we were going to dinner?”

“We are,” Philip said pushing opened the door and with a gentle push with his palm on Anton's back they walked into the townhouse.

Anton entered the house and found himself on a staircase landing looking down on the dropped living room with high-end décor.

“After you,” Philip said. Anton descended the stairs to the Spanish/African décor living room. The earthy tones and textures were warm and inviting as Anton felt the urge to pull out his pad and start drafting it. Philip saw Anton's hand moving towards his bag and didn't want to lose his attention to his paper and pencil. When Anton reached the couch, Philip grabbed his bag strap off his shoulder and yanked it from him dropping it to the floor with a thump.

Anton turned surprised at what Philip had done but didn't have a chance to protest. With a flop, Anton was in Philip's arms and in a deep kiss. His head clouded as his body grew aroused as Philip nearly lifted him off his feet when he lowered him to the oversized couch. Philip's hands traveled over Anton's body caressing every part of him that was sensitive through his clothes.

Anton fell under his spell, as he allowed Philip to open and remove his pants and yank his tee shirt over his head. Philip had to untie Anton's sneakers and remove each one but Anton kept him entertained as he touched his nipples and privates making Philip hurry his task.

Philip didn't remember how his own clothes were taken off nor cared as he fell on him. Anton’s sweet scent, to his small muscular built, Philip's mouth traveled to every inch of his body. Anton touched Philip's cheek that was sucking his nipple to gain his attention.

“Philip—I'm a virgin.” Philip raised his head as Anton's word sunk in.

“Don't worry, I'll be careful and I have protection.”

“Okay.”

“You know we don't have to do any penetration we can just do what feels right.”

“Is that alright with you?” Anton smiled at him.

“I'll do anything you want so long as I can keep holding you.”

“I'd like to just go slow and do a little at a time.”

“Then that is what we'll do.” Philip licked Anton's hard nipple once more before lowering further. Anton was overwhelmed by the feel of Philip's warm mouth and wet tongue around his cock. He body shook from the sensation when he released suddenly shooting a stream of seed down his throat. Philip didn't mind in the least as he swallowed every drop.

“My—god,” Anton stammered with his fingers woven through Philip's lush hair.

“How was that?” Philip asked. The only response Anton could give was a glossy stare, a smile, and a head nod. Philip climbed up to lay beside him. When Anton could move again he kissed Philip then lowered down to relieve Philip's tension. “Listen if you're not sure I can just jerk off.”

“I couldn't ask you to do that,” Anton said looking up at him with his hair draped across Philip’s thighs. “Besides I've been practicing on a dildo and I want to try the real thing.”

“You have a practice dildo?” Anton's mouth was already around his member when he watched him nod his head in response. Philip reached out and curled his finger around the long black, silky strain of hair that rested against his skin while Anton's head bob up and down. Philip was impressed with Anton's talented mouth as he deep throated him. But Anton was not ready to swallow when he felt the first hit in the back of his throat he raised his head and the rest saturated his mouth. Philip fluttered his eyes from the orgasm and saw the result on Anton's face dripping from his chin.

When Anton parted his lips and his cum lingered on them caused Philip skin to boil from sight. He sat up and grabbed Anton's arms and pulled him towards him about to lick his face clean when they heard the front door unlocking. Philip glanced towards it and had to think fast. On the couch, a blanket rested on the back. He grabbed it and quickly wrapped it around Anton's body picking him up and carrying him to the kitchen which was around the corner. He pushed passed a swinging door and place Anton bare footed on the brick tile his hair covered half his face that was still wet.

“What about my clothes?” Anton asked.

“Just stay here I'll get them.” Philip left him alone. He listened as he heard voices and then cheers as he gathered the blanket around his body and walked over to the sink turning on the tap. He washed the remains of Philip's scent from his face with warm water. When the kitchen door opened and in walk Raoul. Anton didn't hear him come in as he looked around for something to dry his face on. Raoul grabbed a hand towel and placed it in Anton's view from behind.

Anton, thinking it was Philip took it without question and dried his face. Raoul enjoyed the view of the blanket hanging vicariously around him.

“Thanks, did you find all my clothes?” asked Anton.

“I must say Philip does have good taste,” said Raoul. Startled to hear Raoul's voice behind him. He turned dropping the towel then remembering he was only wearing a blanket, gathered it close to his naked body.

“Where's Philip?”

“Being congratulated by our friends.”

“Congratulated for what?”

“Moving on. Philip's been in an on and off again relationship for three years. This is the first time he showed any interest in anyone else.”

“He never told me that.”

“Well,” started Raoul who approached Anton and place his hands on opposite sides of him on the sink blocking him in. “Why should he. You're just here to distract him until his idea love finishes his charity work.”

“Idea love?”

“You know, harmonious—on a social class level. Philip is only used to the best, nothing can impede with that. I won't allow it.”

“You won't allow it. Philip is his own man.”

“True but our friendship is everlasting. Can you say that?”

“We just met but if we loved each other we can make it work.”

“We shall see.” Philip entered the kitchen in a rush.

“What are you doing?”

Raoul stepped away from Anton giving his friend free range.

“Just keeping him safe for you, my friend. You know how wild our friends can get after a few drinks.”

Philip stepped to Anton and placed his arm around his shoulder.

“Well, I'm here now.” He looked to Anton. “Your clothes are upstairs we can get there from in here through the private stairs without you having to go through that mob.”

“Allow me.” Raoul walked over and pressed a spot on the wall and a door opened.

Without words Philip rushed Anton through the opening and up the stairs shutting the door behind them. Anton never told Philip what Cyprus said to him.

Time past and Philip and Anton's relationship seemed solid but only on the surface. The tension caused by their views on the world, their future and careers seem to shift their love for each other.

Anton started traveling on Spring and Summer breaks alone as Philip's workload increased. In the end, Philip graduated early and was headed to law school. He confessed to Anton that he's been having communications with another man. Anton confessed that he's met someone while on vacation and has fallen in love with him. They both apart as friends and promise to keep in touch but with Philip studying and Anton building his life with Troy they drifted apart and lost contact.

Fresh out of law school and graduating at the top of his class Philip started as a junior associate at a large law firm. He was accomplishing his dreams—without Anton.

************

“Hello, Mr. Potter, I will be acting as your lawyer,” said Philip in his most professional voice. “Let’s get things settled here so we can get you home,” Philip sat across from Anton and Troy and placed his briefcase on the floor beside him. “Now first things first,” he said, glancing at Troy. “I need to speak to Anton alone.”

“I'm not leaving him,” said Troy, grasping Anton's hand a bit tighter.

“Mr. Potter—my I call you Troy?”

“Yes.”

“Troy, I'm here to help get Anton home by tonight and then get these charges dropped. But first I need to talk to Anton about some very personal things and it will come forth easier if you're not here.”

Troy dropped his eyes to his Anton's delicate hand in his big and battered one. The softness of Anton's skin sliding across his callused fingers was arousing and safe. He didn't want to let go. Anton noticed his resistance and place his other palm on top of Troy's. Troy looked up into the eyes that made his heart speed up inside his chest.

“Go catch up with the boys and have something to eat. We should be done by then,” said Anton.

“Give me at least an hour Troy,” said Philip. Troy nodded his head and rose from his seat still holding Anton's hand.

“One hour, then I'll be back,” he said to Anton.

“I'll be here.” Troy allowed Anton to slip his hand free from his. He leaned down and kissed him tenderly on the lips. He didn't notice Philip, watching. Troy walked out and the sheriff followed, closing the door behind them.

Philip grabbed his briefcase and placed it on the table opening it. He removed a legal pad and closed the case returning it to the floor by his chair. He reached into his pocket and retrieved his cell and opened an app for recording.

“I will be recording us just so I don't miss anything.”

“That sounds fine,” said Anton, who noticed Philip's eyes avoiding him suddenly. “You haven't changed a bit.” Philip glanced across the table that was wide enough to lay across.

“You have,” he whispered connecting with his old lover’s eye. The same eyes that enchanted him many years ago.

“Well, I guess I have changed,” Anton confessed, combing his fingers through his black locks turning his face slightly away. “I mean with the impending murder charge I guess it does take a toll on one's looks,” he tried to laugh it off, but Philip saw the tears welling up in his soft eyes.

“No, I mean you're married and have children. We never talked about kids.”

“I did. You just changed the subject.” Anton felt self-conscious as he touched his own face.

“You still look as beautiful from that first day I met you,” confessed Philip looking at him with lust in his eyes.

Anton smiled and for that reason, his tears fell. Philip reached into his jacket's pocket and removed a handkerchief and handed it to Anton.

“I didn't mean to upset you,” he said.

“You didn't,” said Anton, taking the offer and wiping his eyes. “I didn’t kill him Philip.”

“Then I need you to tell me everything.”

*************

Adam and Justin pulled up to Eric Perkins house. Adam parked in the back. Justin followed Adam to the back door. They noticed the police tape across the door. Adam glanced back at Justin.

“Put on your rubber gloves I gave you in the car.”

“What are we looking for?” asked Justin, pulling the blue gloves from his pocket and slipping them on.

“Not sure. A ledger, diary, pictures anything that could explain what's going on.”

“What if we find incriminating evidence?” Adam paused and cringed at the thought of his mother committing murder. He brushed it aside as he turned the door knob, finding the door unlocked. Instead of answering Justin's question he focused on the task at hand.

“Try not to break the tape. I don't want to get Kai in any trouble.”

“Okay.” Justin followed Adam inside. The kitchen cabinets and drawers were all opened.

“The cops searched this room, let's look around to see if they missed a spot.”

“It seems like they did a clean job.”

“Yeah, but for a person like Perkins, who has dirty secrets, he wouldn't leave his guilt somewhere just for anyone to find. Look for false draws, loose floorboards, hollow walls.”

“Wouldn't the cops be looking for stuff like that?”

“Maybe and maybe not. You take that side of the room, I'll take the other.”

“Okay, boss.”

Adam searched through Eric Perkins bedroom, which was picked apart by the police. The mattress, was off its box spring resting against the wall, drawers were removed and stacked on top of each other, pictures removed from the walls and leaning against the baseboards or hung crooked on the walls.

The TV was smashed with the remote still stuck in it. Adam wondered how that happened. Boxes from under the bed were open and looked like things were removed. Most likely things the police took with them to review. Adam searched for false floorboards and hollowed wall paneling. But he was coming up empty handed.

From the sound of swearing words and banging, Justin, who was searching the downstairs, was making Adam could tell he was getting frustrated. He also was finding nothing that could help clear Anton's name. He heard Adam's footsteps coming downstairs and he went to meet him in the hallway.

“Found anything yet?” asked Adam stepping down the last step in a huff.

“No, nothing,” Justin responded, “Maybe the police found everything.”

“No, Perkins was a private man and a person keeping secrets would have a hiding place only they would know.” Adam walked back to the kitchen where they first came in. He glanced around the shambled room with open cabinets and drawers. His eyes kept falling on the table that sat in the middle of the room.

He noticed the table was untouched by lifting one side and seeing the impression the legs left on the tile floor. He first touched the surface of the table feeling for any weak areas but found it solid. He rose and without warning Adam flipped the table, startling Justin, who was about to say something when he saw it.

The whole surface beneath the table top was nearly covered by prerecorded CD's in clear sleeves and marked only with dates. The CD's were placed side by side in the date order.

Adam grabbed the first CD which was the oldest of them all as a tug of Velcro released it. Justin walked up to Adam shocked by what he saw.

“What do you think is on them?” Justin asked.

Adam dreads the thought of looking at any of them after finding out about his mother and Perkins. In silence, Adam removed the CD from its sleeve and went into the living room where a flat screen TV was mounted to the wall and a DVD player sat on a stand just beneath. Justin started to follow when Adam stopped him by holding up his hand.

“Justin, I need to do this alone. This could be personal, okay?”

“I understand boss.” Justin returned to the kitchen and glanced at the table, then he noticed a cloth bag hanging on a hook by the door. He moved towards the bag and snatching it off the hook. He went to the table and removed the other disk and loaded them in the bag, then something on one of the disks caught his eye.

Adam didn't want to watch the images on the disk, but if it meant clearing his mother of murder charges he had no choice. He turned on the TV and DVD player and pressed the open button. The drawers slide out and Adam loaded the disk and pressed close.

The play started and at first, the screen was blue, then a bedroom appeared. It was Perkins's bedroom in order, the view was of the bed. No one was in the room and Adam heard no audio until the bedroom door opened and banged into the wall. The view didn't show the door Perkins stepped into the scene, younger with less gray hair and a firmer body, carrying someone.

Adam couldn't see the person's face, but he knew who it was because the unconscious person was wearing the bracelet Adam's father gave him for Mother’s Day from him and his brothers. It hung from Anton's dangling arm as Perkins carried Adam's naked unresponsive mother to the bed. Adam struggled to watch as Perkins dropped Anton's limp body onto the mattress.

Perkins moved to the side table and opened the drawer and removed a bottle with clear liquid. Adam's temper was building as he watched Perkins move next to his mother touching his body, only his father should be doing. Adam couldn't watch anymore and turned off the show. He removed the disk and returned it to its sleeve. He wanted to snap the disk in his hand and burn the others. None of it would prove his mother didn't kill Perkins it would only prove that he had a motive. He swallowed his anger and called to Justin.

“It's okay Justin, I'm finished.” Justin walked in holding another CD. Adam turned to him just as Justin held out the disk to him. “I can't look at another one Justin—I just can't.”

“I think you should Adam, this one has a name on it.”

“Whose name?”

“Adam. Potter.”

Adam closed his eyes and sighed deeply, then took the disk from Justin's hand. Justin turned and left the room. Adam said nothing as he turned and loaded the disk. The image appeared of a barn, in the hay loft. Perkins was there and Ricky Web, both looking down at someone Adam knew very well.

Justin leaned against the counter as he waited for Adam to confirm what he already suspected. The sound was sudden when the crash came. Justin rushed into the room and saw the TV with the DVD player hanging from it. Adam stood incensed as he held the disk in his hand and stared at the destroyed TV. Justin walked over and stood beside him.

“What our next move boss?” Adam fought back the tears of seeing himself being used like his mother and swallowed the knot in his throat.

“We need to pay Ricky Web a visit.”

“I have all the disk from the table in a bag on the counter.”

“Grab it and let's go,” Adam ordered. He left the way they came in with Justin following.

More drama to come.
Leave a comment or like if you enjoyed this.
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

i like the story. well some of the people in the story, as the story is a bit on the darker side of humanity. i still dislike Justin and as the chapters keep coming he really does not make it any easier to like. was not expecting Adam of being a victim. Kyle yes, Adam, no. i also like the speed in which the chapters are coming.
i'm really still hoping for a happy ending for Patrick and Adam. keep going!
mogwai

Link to comment
On 10/24/2016 11:57 AM, mogwhy said:

i like the story. well some of the people in the story, as the story is a bit on the darker side of humanity. i still dislike Justin and as the chapters keep coming he really does not make it any easier to like. was not expecting Adam of being a victim. Kyle yes, Adam, no. i also like the speed in which the chapters are coming.

i'm really still hoping for a happy ending for Patrick and Adam. keep going!

mogwai

Each of these characters has issues. Some people will like all others like yourself will hate one or more. I make them suffer and fight for their happy endings.

My fight thoughts were to make Kyle the victim but I decided it would explain Adam's personality more by making him the victim.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I know I read this in the backwards order... but this is good!!! Very good!  Stay strong, Keep writing!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm gushing 😲 Thank you for reading my work and for the encouragement.

I can't see myself doing anything else but write it's in my soul.

Thank you again

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..