Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 3,443 Words
  • 1,758 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 8. Chapter 8

Here's the reason why Paul is upset.
And he meets someone special.
Please enjoy.

Earlier:

Troy and his two sons, drove over to the family’s ghost town. Soon, there will be swarms of visitors and enthusiastic for the Fantasy/Steampunk event. The fair was booked a year in advance. The tickets were sold out in a matter of weeks after posting it on their web site, that Paul created.

As far back as Paul could remember, he’d always loved dressing up and pretending to be anyone but himself. For this coming event, he was going as the Mad Scientist Alchemist by the name of Xavier Gamin. He puts a lot of thought in his character, and his mom helped with making a special lab coat that had hidden pockets for his illusions. He even wrote a character script which he was proud of.

He pulled up to the general store where Piper Hemet, will be the proprietor during the fair. He was inside with his family, driving from New England, setting up shelves and filling them with stock that was for sale, and for the actors who would need to steal or secretly given by, the help of a word or gesture to the owner of the store.

All this was Paul’s brainstorm child, that, with the suggestions from his family and friends it flourished into greatness. His brain was overloaded with ideas for the event for the following year. He already had it down on paper.

His father and Piper exchanged handshakes and fell into conversation while Kyle chased around Piper’s twin boys, Luke and Hans, age seven, named after Piper’s favorite movie characters. His wife Cindy was breast feeding their newborn girl in the back room. Paul was looking at the accuracy of the layout of the store to make sure the tone was correct.

Shelves of goods catering to the Elf, Sage and Ranger to an intrepid Motorist, and a Buccaneer. It was all there, ready to be used or treasured. The profits were partly used to fund the event and the other part to compensate the staff. Lucky for them a lot of college students were business interns and gaining credits and experience for operations of the fair.

Paul walked toward the back room to say hi to Cindy when he heard an unfamiliar voice of another female. The door opened nearly smacking Paul in the face as he shifted back awkwardly. He was about to tell the person off when he caught sight of her.

She was a Druid Priestess. Dressed in a shawl with grayish black of Egyptian style, her hood was down and her hair was braided back into a long braid that passed her hips, but was draped over her right shoulder resting over her full breast that were noticeable even with her robe closed. She wore little makeup except for eyeliner, and lipstick. As far as Paul was concerned, she was perfect.

“I’m sorry,” she asked, concerned. “Did I hit you? Paul only shook his head no. “Well, that’s a relief,” she smiled. Cindy came up behind her holding a satisfied baby with a cloth draped on her shoulder where the baby rested her head.

“Paul, so good to see you again,” she said, smiling. The young woman stepped out of the way for Cindy to get by and she watched as Cindy and Paul embraced.

“It’s good to see you Cindy and baby Tilly,” he responded, stroking the babies, chubby, tiny leg.

“Paul, this is Mia Quin, one of the actors and curator, she’s a traveling merchant,” said Cindy. Paul smiled at Mia, thrilled that he got her name. Mia beamed and opened her cloak revealing various pockets filled with an assortment of herb, tiny bottles of many colors and small but fake very realistic small birds, frogs, cricket, spiders, and bats. But Paul’s eyes fell on the dress she wore under the shawl. An icy blue sleeveless dress with a low but tasteful neckline. It cradled her breast, the lower half had a long split that stopped just at her hip finishing with the strap tied boot.

“What do you think?” asked Cindy. Paul looked at her as if he’s been caught peeping.

“What?” he asked.

“Mia’s costume, does it past your inspection?” she glanced at Mia who stared back confounded by Cindy asking Paul if he approved. “Paul make sure everyone is following the fantasy/Steampunk rules of accuracy,” she said to Mia, who brightened up and did a pose for Paul, who blushed.

“I see nothing wrong with her—I mean—not that there should be anything wrong—I mean—you look amazing—I mean—for a priestess,” Paul stammered, then just stopped talking.

“Thank you, Paul?” she questioned wanting to know his last name. Paul was lost to her meaning when Cindy spoke up.

“Paul Potter, his family started and owns all of this.”

“Wow, it’s an honor to meet you,” Mia said holding out her hand. Paul shook it, but wanted to kiss it, only he thought that was too weird. “I’ve always wanted to come to this fair, but my schedule was so booked.”

“Your schedule?” asked Paul.

“Mia designs costumes and sets,” chimed in Cindy.

“That’s great,” said Paul.

“I would love to pick your brain about some of my ideals if you have time?” asked Mia.

Before he could answer his father called him.

“Paul, I forgot my computer pad at home can you go and get it for me?”

Paul wanted to ask his dad to make Kyle retrieve it when Mia spoke up.

“You know we can do this later at my motel, it has a restaurant next to it. I have to go and change and pick up a few things so we can meet later if you like?” she said hoping he says yes. Paul looked at her and he almost forgot to breathe.

“I’m not sure what time I can make it, but that would be nice.”

“Here,” she reached into one of the pockets and removed a business card and handed it to him. “That’s my cell number, just call when you want to meet.” Paul took the card but not before he and Mia’s finger touched. He bit his lip and shook his head, tucking the card into his jean’s pocket.

“Well, goodbye for now.”

“Goodbye, Mr. Potter.” The way she said his last name caused his manhood to respond and he quickly turned towards his dad and hurried out the door to his truck.

*************

The drive home was infixed with fantasies of Mia and him running through battle fields and unleashing havoc on their enemies. He smiled at himself at how silly it was but his heart and soul wanted it to happen. He touched his jeans to make sure the card was still in his pocket. As he was anxious to call Mia. As he closed on to the farm he saw Eric Perkin’s car parked outside his house.

Paul didn’t know why, but he parked his truck out of sight off a side road where the trees grew thickest. He walked to the house making sure no one saw him. Damien taught him how to approach the house unseen when they were kids. Damien taught him a lot of things. That is until his younger brothers showed up and monopolized Damien’s time from him. He got to the side window and glanced in. It had a straight view to the kitchen where he saw Perkins and his mother talking.

At least he thought they were talking. Then his chest tightened when he saw Perkins body pressed on top of his mom, trying to kiss him. Perkins flinched back, grabbing his mouth, backing away from his mom.

Paul’s cell received a text. He grabbed it and saw it was from his dad, telling him they were headed over to the battled field to work, and to bring his mom. He and Kyle was getting a ride from Piper.

Paul at first, was going to tell his father what he saw, but instead he’d wait and confront Perkins himself. When he looked back up Perkins wasn’t in sight and his mom was now crying at the table. He heard someone approaching. He ducked down out of site. A car door slammed and he saw Perkins start his engine driving away skidding wheels.

Paul wanted to know what was going on. He knew his mom wouldn’t tell him so he decided to go to the source. He gave Perkins enough time to get home before following.

When he arrived, Perkins’s car was nowhere in sight. He went to the door and banged on it to make sure Perkins heard him. No answer. He didn’t go home so, where was he? Paul wondered.

He checked the knob and found it was locked. He went around back and checked the back door and that too was secured. He saw a window upstairs open so he climbed the vine fence to it and looked inside. It was a bedroom. He fiddled with the screen until it opened and climbed inside.

This was something Adam wouldn’t do, but Paul wanted answers. He looked around the room and saw nothing out of place except a photo of his mom.

“What-the-fuck?” he questioned, grabbing the frame and taking the photograph from it. He didn’t recognize where the picture was taken, but he knew it was taken without his mom knowing, by the way he was standing in the winter scene seeming to stare at someone or something off to the side. Paul folded the photo up and put it in his back pocket, then he started opening drawers which were empty. Then he checked the closet where he found shelves of recording devices.

He stepped away from the closet and looked around and saw small cameras placed at different points in the room. He looked at the equipment and saw that it wasn’t on. He left the room feeling a knot in his stomach as he walked down to the end of the hall to the master bedroom.

Inside, the room was clean and organized. It had a flat screen television and a DVD player at the foot of the bed. Every being in his body told him to leave and go get his dad, but he needed to be sure. The remote was laying on the bedspread in the middle of the bed. He carefully picked it up, avoiding touching the cloth.

He pointed it at the screen and pressed the on button. The screen came to life and there was something paused on the screen. The image of two naked bodies entwined on a bed. One of them laid limp on his stomach as the other was behind him holding onto the other’s waist and neck. Paul pressed play and watched Perkins violate the unconscious man. Then Perkin’s grabbed the slumber male’s hair and twisted his head to face the camera.

Paul’s body grew cold and numb as he saw his mom’s face with his eyes opened. He whirled the remote at the screen so hard that it embedded itself into the middle of the shattered screen. Paul’s legs were having trouble working and he wanted to drop down and scream.

He took a deep breath and roar it out of him. He went to the DVD player and removed the disk, then threw the player against the wall destroying it. He put the disk in his pocket and looked around. He opened closets, drawer and looked under the bed until he found a small file box that had a lock. He grabbed a heavy table clock off the nightstand and used it to smash off the tiny lock. Breaking the clock in the process.

After two hits, it opened. There, he saw several disks. He counted eleven and the one in his pocket made twelve. They were all written on as he flipped through them. They had Anton’s name with the month and year on all twelve. Paul didn’t need to look at them to know what was on them.

He wanted to throw up and tear the house apart. But then he received a text again. He looked at it and it was from a number he didn’t know. He read it and saw it was from Mia. “Hi Paul, hope you don’t mind, I got your number from Cindy. .”

Paul couldn’t respond as he got to his feet, holding the disk. God only knows what else that bastard had of his mom.

He staggered out of the house not caring, he used the front door. And climbed into his truck. He put the CD’s in his glove compartment and locked it. Then started his truck and went back to the house.

He entered the house and walked into his dad’s office and got his pad. He came out just as Anton came down the stairs wearing a robe.

“Paul, what are you doing back here?” he asked, his black hair that resembled his own glistened from being wet. Paul pushed his thoughts to the back of his head and tried to sound normal.

“Dad needed this,” he responded, holding the pad up.

“I knew he would forget something,” Anton teased. He looked at his second born and knew something was wrong. “Are you all right baby? You look worn out.”

“I’m fine.”

“Are you hungry? I was going to bring up a snack for all of you, but I can fix you something right now. I’ll even fry.” Paul wanted to sob, but he willed himself to remain calm.

“No, Cindy is there and she always has food so I’m cool.”

“Ok, if you’re sure?”

“I am.” Anton turned to go back upstairs when Paul’s words stopped him. “In fact, dad told me to bring you along.” Anton froze on the steps and was thankful Paul didn’t see his face.

“I told your dad that I would meet him later with my car so we can ride back together,” Anton responded not turning to look at his son.

“I was just telling you what dad texted me.”

“Well the food is in the cooler by the door. Just take that with you and tell him I’ll see him soon.”

“Can you text him so he knows I told you?” asked Paul.

“Sure, I’ll do it now. See you later.” Without a glance at his son, Anton returned upstairs.

Paul walked into the kitchen and saw the table Perkins had his mom pinned to, and wanted to toss it through a window. He forced his legs to move to the cooler, grabs it, lugs it to his truck. He loads it on the passenger side. Anton watched Paul from his bedroom window slamming his car door and driving off.

Paul drove back in a fog, but as he turned into the town, he remembered his dad said they were going over to the field to work.

“All fuck it!” he shouted, smacking his steering wheel. He closed his eyes and felt tired and wanted the day to go back to when he met Mia. He was about to turn around when he saw a familiar car in the distance. It was near where they built the chamber of torture. Perkins’s car. Paul grabbed his door handle and exited his truck.

*****************

Anton arrived at the fields wrapped in his blue parka and looked around for his boys. The three of them were putting up the level flags with Piper, as Cindy directed them. He headed over when he looked and saw his hand shaking at his side. He crossed his arms to steady his nerves as he put on a cheerful face.

The rest of the day they talked about where the weapons would be placed, and secured, as Paul avoided his mother.

“Okay, let’s call it a day. Adam is coming down tonight, so we’ll all meet tomorrow for a big breakfast at the diner,” said Troy. “My treat.”

“I’ll call the diner, and tell Eric we’ll need a big booth,” said Piper

The Potter family waited until Piper and his brood were safely on their way. Then Paul and Kyle got into his truck. Troy and Anton took the car. When they got home, Paul went to his room and shut the door and Kyle investigated the delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

“Troy, what’s wrong with Paul?” asked Anton following Kyle into the kitchen.

“Nothing that I know of. He was in high spirits today. You know I might just make him Game Master next year. He’s doing an amazing job.”

“What about me?” asked Kyle, looking in the oven at the squash, sweet potatoes and cheese bake.

“What about you?” asked Anton, smacking his hand away and closing the oven door. “Go get more wood, we’re having houseguest.”

“Oh man I almost forgot, Justin is coming,” he said with glee. “I have to take a shower.” He raced off.

“After you get the wood your mom asked for!” yelled his dad.

“Right o’ pop!” he yelled back, slamming his bedroom door.

“Well, at least he heard you,” said Anton.

“Are you all right,” asked Troy, leaning on the counter.

“Of course, why would you ask me that?”

“Well, you’ve been doing a lot to get things ready for Adam and the event. I don’t want you to wear yourself out.”

“I’m fine. But if you see me pushing myself too hard just step in.”

Troy step over and took Anton in his arms and embraced him. They released and Troy brushed a strain of hair from Anton’s cheek, before locking with his eyes.

“It would be my pleasure. I love you.”

“I love you to, Troy. More than you’ll ever know.”

“Oh, I know.” He picked Anton off his feet and they kissed again. They didn’t see Paul standing in the doorway watching.

***************

Paul drove down the highway over the speed limit. He remembered a speed trap was not far ahead so he adjusted the force of his foot on the gas pedal. He needed a drink, but didn’t want to go to a tavern. He placed his hand in the pocket of his jeans and felt something. He dug it out and saw it was Mia’s business card. He pulled the truck off the road and put it into park.

He pulled out his cell and looked at the text she sent and held his breath for a moment, then released it as he texted her back.

Paul: “Hey is that invitation still good, I’m thirsty.” He waited. Even though it wasn’t long he thought he missed his chance. Then the chime came back.

Mia: “Come on over, I have beer and wine.” Mia gave him her address. Paul tossed his head back. The burning tension raced through his neck.

Paul: “I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” He tossed the cell on the seat beside him and started the truck and drove off.

When he got to the door marked 15 in black letters he hesitated as he held a bag with a bottle of bourbon he bought at a distributor. The door opened to his surprise and there stood Mia in a tee shirt and yoga pants bare footed. Her hair was in a ponytail. She still had the lipstick on her lips.

Paul stared at her holding an empty ice bucket. They said nothing as Mia saw his troubled eyes. She sat the bucket down on the table near the door and held out her hand for the bottle in his. He wasn’t sure at first what she was referring to but then caught on and gave it to her. She placed the paper bag covered bottle in the ice bucket. Then she opened her arms to him. He walked forward and lifted her into his arms and carried her to the bed.

They pulled off clothes in haste, and kissed, groped and fell into each other as if it was their last days on earth. Mia’s moans mixed with Paul’s as they rocked their desires out of the other in fury.

She had managed to get him a condom and fastened it on him. She straddled him and shifted up and down until he took over and increased the tempo sending them into a nirvana. He stayed inside her until he stopped shaking. He gently laid her down and discarded the condom into the waste basket. He grabbed the blanket and climbed in beside her and covered their naked bodies. He closed the gap between them and kissed her full lips that still tasted of strawberries and fell asleep in each other’s arms.

Paul has a heavy burden to deal with.
Thanks again for reading and please leave a comment and or like.
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Ok, so I guess I was a little harsh on Paul in my last review... lol So did he destroy the evidence or pocket it? I wasn't sure on that front. He should go to the police immediately, but I suppose he wants to try and protect Anton. Now I'm wondering if he's going to do/did something to Perkins. I really like the descriptions of the LARP set-up. It sounds like something that would be a lot of fun to participate in. Are the characters you mentioned in the beginning of the chapter real or did you make them up for the story?

Link to comment
On 10/01/2016 11:34 AM, Valkyrie said:

Ok, so I guess I was a little harsh on Paul in my last review... lol So did he destroy the evidence or pocket it? I wasn't sure on that front. He should go to the police immediately, but I suppose he wants to try and protect Anton. Now I'm wondering if he's going to do/did something to Perkins. I really like the descriptions of the LARP set-up. It sounds like something that would be a lot of fun to participate in. Are the characters you mentioned in the beginning of the chapter real or did you make them up for the story?

I researched Steampunk and LARP and I found a lot of cool information about them. I found the characters distribution on a steampunk site but the town I made up myself.

Next Chapter coming soon.

Link to comment

Wait, so Anton was drugged and assaulted 12 times? It can't be blackmail, because Anton didn't find out about the DVD until this last time. Also, why didn't Paul go to the police or tell somebody, or talk to Anton? At times it read like Paul thought Anton was assaulted, yet other times it read like he thought Anton was cheating on Troy. Was that intentional?

Link to comment
On 10/04/2016 04:22 PM, Geemeedee said:

Wait, so Anton was drugged and assaulted 12 times? It can't be blackmail, because Anton didn't find out about the DVD until this last time. Also, why didn't Paul go to the police or tell somebody, or talk to Anton? At times it read like Paul thought Anton was assaulted, yet other times it read like he thought Anton was cheating on Troy. Was that intentional?

Yes and thank you for catching that. Paul's feelings were so conflicted where he couldn't think straight. Plus he, his brothers and father are very protective of Anton. And anyone they're involved with.

Anton knew Troy's temper would take over him and he would go off and do something crazy. He didn't want Troy to end up in jail.

I hope I explained that clearly.

Thanks for the read and review. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..