Jump to content
    Kia Zi Shiru
  • Author
  • 1,034 Words
  • 985 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Sheep Part 3 - 19. Chapter 19

Chapter 19

As soon as Kevin is asleep in his room we cuddle up in bed, exhausted. The dinner with everybody was amazing and I loved the surprise Dad had. They looked so happy. Their happiness reminds me of something that has been bugging me for a few days now.
“Steve?” I whisper.
“Hmm?”
“Steve?”
The silence holds on until I can’t take it any longer.
“Would you…” The words slip from my mouth but I swallow to keep the rest in.
“Would I what?” Steve mumbles, almost asleep, but alarmed by the sound of my voice.
“Would you be ready to take care of me, Kev and a baby?” I whisper quickly, scared of my own words.
“Hmm?” Steve turns around, looking at me. “Of course I will. If you are pregnant I will take responsibility.”
“Thank you.” I move my head, slowly kissing him.
“Are you scared you might be?” Steve caresses my face. “I do mean it. I will be there for you all if you are.”
“I’m late. That has only happened once before.” I hide my face in the pillow. “I’m not sure yet, I haven’t done a test. But I think I might be.”
“That’s… I don’t know. Great?” Steve smiles.
“Are you serious?” I glare at him. “Don’t play games with me.”
“I’m serious. It’s not like we’re not old enough, or don’t love each other, or haven’t been living together for the past two or so months.” He kisses me softly.
I look at him, was he for real? Was he really just telling me that it was okay?
“You’re scared.” Steve slides his hand over my cheek. “What are you scared of?”
“I don’t know. It’s just… Last time it was just me, Mum, Chris, Vic and Adam. I had a steady home, loving family and friends and I knew everything would be taken care off. Now I will need to do everything myself. I need to take care of both Kev and a baby, I don’t think I can do that on my own.” I move my head, rubbing my cheek into his hand.
“I’m not going to leave you alone. Don’t worry. I’m not like that.” Steve softly kisses me again. “If you’re pregnant we will check out what we’ll do. It’s only early anyway, so there are a lot of things we can do. You don’t need to worry about money or a place to live or who can take care of who. We’ll get to that when we need to. Now go to sleep, I’m really tired and I remember you were too.” He pulls me close and kisses the top of my head. “Don’t worry, everything will be fine.”
I close my eyes and feel myself drift off to the regular sounds of Steve’s breathing.

I wake up to find the bed empty. I’m all alone. Fear grips my heart and I quickly get dressed and walk into the kitchen. Not allowing myself to think of what might be going on. Did I scare him off? I never thought he would but then again, it’s not every day that your girlfriend of a few months tells you she might be pregnant.
In the kitchen I find Sarah, smiling from ear to ear. “I heard the possible news. How are you feeling?” She stand up and offers me a cup of tea as I sit down in a chair.
“I don’t know. Where is Steve?” I look around the place, he really was nowhere to be found.
Sarah sits down in the chair next to me. “At the shop, he took Kevin with him so you could wake up quietly.”
I smile, of course, that was who he was. Always taking care of other people. I look down at the cup of tea. “Did he tell you already?”
“You should have seen him this morning. I would advise to drink a few cups of coffee too before he returns. You’ll be needing it.”
“Is it that bad?” I groan.
“He was jumping off the walls almost. Lucky you.”
“Ugh. Lucky me, I find the only guy who is excited that his girlfriend is pregnant.” I look at Sarah who smiles softly.
“He has always had a soft spot for Kevin. He loved it if you came here with him or when he was able to spend time with him at your place. He is looking forward to becoming a dad and honestly, I’m looking forward to becoming an aunt too. Don’t worry.” She puts her hand on top of mine.
“That is what everybody keeps saying. Do you even know how much stress it is to have a little kid?” I groan.
“Nope, but we might find out in nine months or so.” She smiles as she sees me roll my eyes. “Seriously though. We’ll figure it out, we’ll come up with something good. You’ve got people who would love to help out.” Her eyes grow as we hear the guys outside the door.
Well, here it goes I guess.

I look at the test in my hand, waiting for it to complete. Waiting for the one or two lines to appear. Waiting anxiously.
Steve walks up behind me, hugging me close. He kisses my neck. “Don’t worry, whatever the result we’ll be fine.”
“I know, but that doesn’t make it less scary. How am I going to tell Mum that I’m pregnant, again?” I put the test on the counter, upside down so I can’t see the result, and turn to face Steve. “How are we going to tell everybody?”
“Well, we don’t need to tell anyone, they’ll see it sooner or later.” Steve grins as he leans in to kiss me.
“Asshole.” I whisper as I kiss him softly. I turn back around, carefully picking up the test but not looking at the result yet.
I hold my breath, turning the test slowly, as my phone starts to ring.
My hand slides into my jeans to grab the phone as I try to wrap my head around the result. I’m pregnant again.
I push the answer button and put the phone to my ear. “Yes?”

Copyright © 2012 Kia Zi Shiru; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..