Jump to content
    Kiltie69
  • Author
  • 4,497 Words
  • 3,540 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Marcus and the Slave - 13. Chapter 13

The Final Chapter is here.

Marcus and the Slave, chapter 13.

 

Koen was exhausted; it was over. As long as the attack wasn't traced back to Marcus things would be fine. He entered Marcus's quarters and headed to his small room. He felt a pang of sadness, and then anger as he entered and saw the few items that were left by young Lucius. To think, 24 hours earlier he had spoken to him. Now he was gone. As it was, the man who instigated his death, was now also gone.

 

Koen sat on his bed; Marcus would no doubt be here soon and he would need to be ready for him. As he sat, his mind wondered through all that had happened to bring him here. The attack, the slave pens, everything. He could not believe he was now a trusted – no, loved – slave of the master of the house.

 

He leant back against the wall waiting for Marcus. Soon he was asleep.

 

-------

 

"Marius, you did well, thank you. My medicus will do what he can for your man, Cato."

 

Marius nodded his thanks. "We were lucky; the plan went without a hitch till Lucius sent Varus away with his men to help at the mine. Varus did well though; when they reached the mine he attacked them, distracting them enough so that when Gracchus and I attacked, they were dispatched with ease. We immediately headed back to the villa. We were too late in some ways. When we entered, the slaves and remaining guards fled. It was then we found Koen, with Cato and the dying Lucius. I know the plan was for my men to kill him, but his death still came."

 

"Well you and your men have my gratitude. I assume the rest are headed to the farm I turned over to you? I bid you to stay tonight, you and Varus. We can finalise our dealings. By the way, where is Gracchus?

 

"He rode off as we left the villa. We have not seen him since."

 

"Hmmm. I'm sure we shall see him soon enough. Feel free to rest and clean up, my friends. I will see you at tonight's feast." Marcus called a slave over to escort Marius and Varus to quarters and see to their needs. He checked with Prastagus about the feast arrangement; all of which were in hand. A number of local highborn would be attending.

 

This done, he set to his final task: checking on Koen. He moved through the villa with a haste borne of concern. Reaching his room, he noticed that Koen was not there. On moving further in, he noticed him slumped on his bed.

 

Marcus lent against the door frame and watched the sleeping man. He knew he had lost his heart. He knew he would die for this man. He watched the rise and fall of Koen’s chest, the dance of his eyes under his lids, the slight smirk on his face. He did not wish to wake him, but he had plans.

 

"Koen? Koen, wake up."

 

Koen shot upright, almost bowling Marcus over as he shot towards the door before realising Marcus stood in it. "Dominus, I did not mean to sleep. My apologies, Dominus."

 

Marcus felt his heart lift seeing Koen. Then a thought passed through his mind. "You disappoint me Koen, after all you have done you fail me in this way. How should I punish you?"

 

Koen looked at Marcus and bowed his head; he knew he deserved whatever Marcus decided.

 

"Koen do you think you deserve to be beaten for what you have done? Answer me."

 

"Dominus, you are my master and can do as you wish. I will accept my punishment as I did wrong."

 

Marcus turned his back to Koen, as he did he smiled. He would show Koen the love he had once and for all. "Koen, go to the barn, you know the room. It’s time to sort this. Move."

 

Koen stood, not fully understanding why he was being sent to the punishment room. His last visit had been the day he knew Marcus had his heart. He turned and headed out to the slave housing. The closer he got, the unhappy he felt. Marcus was overreacting; this thought was foremost as he walked to the room. He entered and stood in the room, and wondered what was next.

 

-------

 

Marcus called for Prastagus as soon as Koen was out of hearing. Giving quick orders, he sent Prastagus off. He then changed.

 

-------

 

Koen stood waiting, then he paced. After all he had done, saving Marcus; he was still getting punished for sleeping. Just as he turned again, Prastagus entered.

 

"Koen, you are to strip and I am to prepare you for punishment."

 

Koen felt dejected. He stripped and soon Prastagus had him chained. His head was full of thoughts. They were interrupted by the arrival of Marcus. Resplendent in his uniform, Koen's mind flashed to the day he first saw it, he felt his body react.

 

"Ah, I see Prastagus has prepared you. Koen you fell asleep, and need be punished.” He moved closer, his hand rose as if to strike. Koen braced himself, but nothing came. "You did well today and I'm proud. Marius told me what you did with Lucius Crassus. I'm proud of what you did. Now for your punishment."

 

Koen was confused as he mulled over what was said. But he was suddenly brought back to the present when he felt Marcus touch him. He felt Marcus's hands roam over his chest, his body reacting to the touch. Then he felt the warm breath on his neck.

 

"Koen, you are not here to be punished. Well not really." Marcus smiled at him, "Do you remember our first time together? I took you here, much as you are now. I plan to again, but this time will be different. This time I wish to do it as lovers."

 

Koen twisted to look at Marcus, his erection betraying his excitement about his current position. He gazed on his lover's body, yes lover, lover and Dominus. As he watched, Marcus slowly stripped. First the great crest helm. Then the belt with sword attached. His arm and leg armour was next to be cast aside.

 

His cock now dripping and pulsing with his ever increasing heartbeat, Koen could not break his gaze. He watched as Marcus removed the formed breast plate. As it fell to the ground, he realised how closely it actually matched Marcus's body.

 

Finally Marcus stood in his tunic and sandals. He smiled at the result of his striptease. Closing in on Koen, he reached for the pulsing member. Grazing its head with his thumb, he felt Koen tremble and heard the slight gasp. He raised his now-slick finger to his lips, tasting the ambrosia. He felt his own body react with a surge. Next thing he knew, he had Koen's head in his hands as they kissed. This was no chaste kiss, but an all devouring, passion-filled kiss. Had it been a feast of Bacchus, no food would have survived. Marcus trailed kisses over Koen's body, listening to his whimpers and pleas. When he reached the trail of hair leading to Koen's crotch, he stopped, stood back, and removed the last of his clothing.

 

Koen was now so excited it would take little to push him over the edge. Marcus's removal of his clothing was nearly that. Koen, on seeing the body he now loved, closed his eyes to prevent the impending accident.

 

Marcus took advantage and moved behind Koen. He slapped Koen's right cheek, leaving it reddened and an almost perfect print of his hand behind. He repeated it to the left.

 

Koen yelped on feeling the first sting on this backside. The pain had the right effect though; Koen failed to cross the brink.

 

Marcus moved close, his erection sliding between Koen's spread legs as he reached round to stroke his hands across Koen's abs and crotch.

 

Koen's fires were relighted at Marcus's touch. "Dominus, please take me, the waiting is worse than any torture."

 

Marcus brought his hands to Koen's side and slowly ran them upwards.

 

Koen squirmed; all of what was going on was making him sensitive. The trailing hands were tickling him as they headed up along his sides and arms. He felt them rest at his wrists and, shortly after that, felt the chains there loosen and fall.

 

"Koen, I want you to kneel." The words no sooner past his lips and Koen was kneeling, facing his Dominus. "Good, now take me in your mouth. Do not bring me to climax."

 

Koen eagerly leaned forward and took Marcus in his mouth. He would do anything to please this man. He had killed for him; almost died for him; he had pleasured him on countless occasions. This time was different; he felt the link, the harmony between them. This was what it was to truly love and be loved. He felt Marcus stiffen and emit a small sound. Koen stopped but held Marcus where he was.

 

Marcus drew back and soon slipped from Koen's mouth. "Koen I need you, I can take you as a slave, but I wish us to be equal."

 

Koen reached for his hand and drew it to his lips. "Dominus, you know I give myself freely to you."

 

This was all Marcus needed to here soon Koen was on the ground and Marcus on him. Their lovemaking was noisy and furious. No one in the building could miss what was happening. Their screaming joint climax brought the newly arrived Gracchus out of the villa. Had Prastagus not stopped him, he would he entered the room to see all was well.

 

The two lovers lay on the floor, not a care for the dirt and dust, their sweaty bodies now grubby.

 

"Koen, I love you. I have only loved like this once before. I plan to do all I can so we can be happy. First though, I need to bathe. We have a feast to prepare for."

 

Koen watched Marcus as he spoke, his heart growing with the love they shared. As Marcus finished Koen pulled him into a deep kiss.

 

The kiss was deep and slow, after some time they started to move. They gathered themselves, putting on their tunics. As Koen moved to gather the discarded armour, Marcus drew him towards himself. "Leave it, I'll send one of the others for it."

 

Once dressed in their tunics, they headed back to the villa. When they entered, they were immediately met by Gracchus. He was smiling. [It was unusual.] Rarely did the man smile and usually it meant problems.

 

"Gracchus, are you well? Marius said you had headed off into town. All went well at the mine I hear.”

 

"I’m well Dominus; I had a.....personal matter to attend to. Nothing of consequence. There is a matter we need to discuss at a later time though."

 

"Very well. Let me bathe and check that all is ready for tonight, then we shall talk."

 

Gracchus bowed slightly and left. Marcus stood watching the man leave. Something was going on, something wasn't right. But he would think more clearly once he had bathed. The thought of getting naked with Koen was causing his tunic to tent. Soon they stood before the ever steaming bath, and Koen mechanically stripped. Marcus did the same, stealing glimpses of Koen between flying clothing.

 

The bath was much their usual affair; Marcus was bathed by Koen. As it looked like they were finished, Koen started to clean himself. Marcus stopped him by placing his hand on Koen's. "Let me, let me clean you."

 

Koen was in two minds; what had been happening led him to feel he could, but his status made him think differently. "Dominus, it is unseemly for you to wash a slave. Please,

don't."

 

Marcus continued to clean Koen, [despite his protests,] their joint excitement evident. Koen followed Marcus's instructions as he was methodically bathed. Soon it was over and Koen felt good, but still worried about the talk with Gracchus.

 

----------

 

Gracchus had returned to his room. He had known what was going on in the punishment room. He didn't care; he felt happy. For years he had protected Marcus, never let on about his secret. Now he felt that Marcus was more than protected. At first he had wanted Marcus to have nothing to do with Koen, but as the young slave proved himself again and again Gracchus reluctantly, then grudgingly, and finally, now, happily let them be together. He started to get ready for tonight's festivities. As he did he planned that word with Marcus.

 

---------

 

It was late afternoon, only a few hours till the feast, and Marcus had dressed in a clean tunic and was in his office. He kept looking at the small slate and scroll at the desk side. Each time he did, he smiled. This day would end well. To think scant hours before, he had been pacing, waiting for word. Now all that was left was the feast and things would change forever.

 

---------

 

Marius and Varus stood by the bed that held Cato. He was still asleep, but his colour was better. The medicus had first checked the wound, then cauterised it. It was now the simple task of watching him. Marius and Varus would be leaving in the morning to meet up with the rest of the men. By the morning of the following day, they should be at the farm that Marcus gifted them. But first was the feast. Both men knew something was going to happen. They had seen how distracted Marcus had been.

 

----------

 

Marcus headed into his bedroom; earlier he had sent Koen to rest. He found him awake and staring at the bed young Lucius had occupied.

 

"Koen, are you ok? You look pale."

 

Koen's head snapped round to him. He hadn't heard Marcus enter and had been surprised. "Dominus, I am fine, I was just dreaming of Young Lucius. I woke and remembered he was gone."

 

"He will be missed and never forgotten. Come. It is almost time for my guests to arrive. I must change. I also have something for you to wear tonight."

 

Koen stood and moved into the main bedchamber. Marcus had laid out a toga made from cream fabric with a red trim. Beside it was a tunic of blood red, the sleeves trimmed with blue. It was the blue of the sea at Capri, the same blue as Koen's eyes.

 

Koen helped Marcus into his toga, ensuring it sat right. Marcus stood proud as Koen paced round him tweaking the hang of the material. Once satisfied, he stood to let Marcus see himself in the brass mirror. Marcus then indicated to Koen to put on the tunic. It came to mid-thigh, covered him well and the sleeves stopped mid bicep. The material was soft and of a superior quality to anything he had worn up to now.

 

Marcus looked on and smiled as Koen dressed. The tunic had been made to show off Koen, without revealing too much. It clung to his abs, and chest. It highlighted his bulging arms. Finally, its length left just enough to the imagination when Koen bowed. Marcus was soon hard again. But there was no time; any moment guests would start to arrive.

 

--------

 

Marcus stood in the entry way to the Villa. It was still light outside, but torches had been placed along the path to the door. He watched as the first of his guests arrived. These were local merchants; men he had dealt with since taking over the farm. Once all his guests had arrived, he planned to welcome them and tell them why they were there. The planned feast would then start and the night’s entertainment would begin. He himself had only two plans for tonight: have a good time and see Koen was taken care of.

 

As he greeted the local magistrate, he overheard the man behind chatting to his associate.

"They say he was found in a pool of blood in his dungeon. His slaves swear it was raiders."

 

Marcus continued as if he had heard nothing. "Greetings to you, noble Scipio. You are well, welcome to my humble villa."

 

"Greeting to you, young Marcus. You are well, I hope? Nasty business that, have you not heard? Lucius Crassus is dead. Raiders they say. I will have to investigate to confirm this. So far the slaves that survived – many were near death – all say the same thing: men slaughtered the overseers and then ransacked the villa. One can only assume Lucius Crassus died defending it. Then the raiders headed off with the fitter slaves. Nasty business indeed. I will be posting men of the city militia to prevent a further attack."

 

Acting shocked at the news, Marcus spoke. "Thank you, Scipio. That is indeed grave news. I was raided earlier this week, but my men saw them off. But let us not tarry too long on these dark thoughts. Tonight is a special night. Let us celebrate together. But be assured I will keep a watchful eye open. Please, go partake in refreshment while I greet the rest of my guests."

 

This said he guided the magistrate towards a waiting slave; he then turned to continue his greetings. All the guests had some tale of Lucius, each wilder than the previous. His death had surely had an impact, the biggest being that the mine was now being sold. Lucius Crassus, despite his love of women, had never sired an heir.

 

Owning the mine would make Marcus a very rich man. It would also allow him to employ more men. This was something he would look at sooner rather than later. But first the celebrations. His mind returned to the task at hand as he greeted another guest and his wife. On a quick survey of the room, he noticed that almost all his guests had arrived. He turned to find Koen standing just behind him. He looked magnificent in his red tunic, his body now glowing under the light from the myriad candle and torches.

 

It was only then that Marcus realised Koen's flesh had a fine sheen of oil. It gave him the appearance of bronze. His now-tanned skin was practically glowing in the light. Marcus had never thought to have him oiled. Now he couldn't wait to see the effect in all its glory. A laugh brought his thoughts back to his guests and why they were here. He quickly checked, and on seeing no more guests on the road, turned and moved through the gathered people.

 

------------

 

Marius was dressed in his best Toga, watching the gathering from the side. He noticed Gracchus moving around the room, his eyes ever watchful. Every time they fell on Marcus his look would soften. When it passed over Koen, it twitched as if a smile would break. He wondered what was going on in that man’s head.

 

----------

 

Gracchus watched the guests, ever untrusting. He learned to trust his feelings and after today’s earlier events, his sense was heightened. He walked round the room watching the people intermingle. Every time he saw Marcus, he would smile inwardly. His son was safe, for now. The odd occasion he spotted Koen, moving about at some task, his mind would tell him his son would ever be safe with him. Gracchus was happy, truly happy for once in his life. He had, ever since being assigned to Marcus all those years ago, given his entire being to protect and guide him. When he found out, from Aurelia, the true nature of who Marcus was to him, he became even more protective.

 

Now he felt for the first time he could move on and let his son grow. Marcus would never know the true nature of their relationship, at least if he could help it.

 

------------

 

Marcus waved Koen over to his side as he reached the fountain that bubbled in the centre of the villa. "Koen, I need you close. I have something I want of you."

 

Koen responded with a "yes Dominus," and stood to the rear of him, waiting. Even head bowed slightly, as was required, he was taking in everything. The guests were now settling to eat, and watching the dancers that Marcus had arranged. As the kitchen staff brought in the food there were sounds of appreciation and ripples of applause. Even the odd, "you have outdone yourself, Marcus," was occasionally heard. Koen stood as the guests ate occasionally fetching more water or wine for Marcus.

 

The meal was laced with the usual gossip; who was sleeping with who, who had done this and that. Most of the tales were told to excite and shock. Even the various tales of the late Lucius, each more gruesome than the one before. Marcus marvelled at how people could take a basic story and embellish it beyond recognition. He smiled as he heard the latest version. The wife of a rich merchant was saying she had heard that the slaves had revolted, raping and killing everyone. She was reminded there had been survivors, all of whom said it was raiders. The woman laughed at what was said, saying slaves would say anything.

 

Marcus, at this point, mentioned that he too had been attacked through the night and lost a slave, but a raider had died. The body was now at the bottom of the cesspit. This was new gossip for the gathered. Questions were asked, "What had happened?" "What slave?" "How many raiders?" Marcus told the gathered about the attacks on himself. How he and his property had been saved by his slave twice. Then he went on to say about the attacks at night. This leading to the hiring of some new men; to guard the property. One of them had come across a raider sneaking around the villa trying to gain access to the main house.

 

The guests were stunned at the audacity of these raiders; to attack a Roman citizen's property, something had to be done. Marcus got their attention again, saying he was planning to hire men, ex-Legionaries, to guard his properties here and on his farms to the south. They would be paid to work and defend them. He stopped at this, taking a gulp of wine.

 

The magistrate spoke up, commending him on his actions and that he too would be hiring more men to help with the city watch. This said, he was bombarded with questions from the gathered about what he planned to do about the raiders.

 

The conversation was directed away from him again, this meant that Marcus could get ready for the reason for his gathering. He signalled to Koen that the clear up should begin. Quickly the remains of the feast were cleared and bowls of fruit and little sweet honey cakes were placed around the room.

 

"My honourable guests, you may be wondering why I have asked you here tonight. I wished for you to join me in celebrating my departing the legion. Those who know me well will attest to my love of the legion and had the Fates allowed, I would still be marching with them. We all know the Fates are fickle, they took from me all I loved, but gave me this." He waved his arms indicating the villa surrounding them.

 

"They also gave me the chance to meet a new love. More of that though in a moment. But before that I wish to thank someone. Gracchus, come forward. Many know Gracchus to be my bodyguard, but he has always been more. Gracchus has been my guardian from when I was but a baby. As I grew, he was never far from my side. He has been loyal to my family all his life. I wish you to have this." He handed Gracchus a golden arm bracer, similar to a large bracelet, designed to cover his forearm. Marcus then hugged him tightly.

 

"Now for the next reason. Today we received news that Lucius Crassus died during a raider attack. As is known, I too have been attacked. Were it not for my body slave and guards I may not have been here this day. This has led me to the decision to run for Prefect of Neapolis. I will bring the men that did this to justice. I want to hire men, ex of the legion, to aid the magistrate in his endeavour. They will act on the magistrate’s orders and if I am lucky to get voted in as Prefect, they will ultimately fall under my offices. With the help of the gods, and these men, we will root out the evil that has plagued us.

 

“My final announcement is a pleasant one. During the attacks, there was one who gladly gave himself to protect me. He is my slave, my body slave. I wish to recognise his sacrifices, made in my protection, by freeing him."

 

The gathered guests were a little surprised at this. They knew Marcus and how he was soft when it came to slaves. As they listened, there was the sound of clapping. Off to the side stood Gracchus, Marius and Varus. There they stood clapping. Soon the guests started to join in. Marcus smiled at the three men, proud he knew them. He indicated for them to come closer. Only Gracchus made the move, soon standing to his left.

 

Koen turned, having been paying more attention to the gathered. He looked at Marcus, surprise and shock showing. He was still processing the announcement when he was grabbed by the man he loved.

--------------

 

Marcus turned towards him a small parchment scroll in his hand.

 

"Your papers of freedom. You are now a free man, to do as you wish."

 

Marcus suddenly gathered Koen in a hug, as he leant in, he whispered, "I love you more than life. Please, you are the Dominus of my heart, stay with me?"

 

Koen returned the embrace, it was then he noticed Gracchus wiping at his eyes.

 

Marcus felt the heat of Koen’s breath on his ear. “Yes!”

 

The End!

(of Book One)

I just want to say its been great fun writing this.  I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did producing it.
As always if you enjoyed the story hit the Like Button.  Oh and leave a review:)
Finally Id like to say thanks to those that helped get this story onto the site,  Myiege and Johnathan my editors.  They have had to put up with my unique form of English.  I am a Scot after all. smile.png.  I would also like to mention Roan.  Who sadly isn't with us anymore. He help keep me writing at the start.
There will be more of Marcu and Koen later in the year.
Kiltie
 
Copyright © 2013 Kiltie69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I enjoyed this story all along the way. There was one thing I was confused about...wouldn't there be a risk of the men who were given the farm being id'd as the raiders? Esp. if Marcus made a show of wanting to find them as prefect? There would only have to be a slave who was there to say he saw those men...

Anyway, I thought it was cute when Koen was so confused as to why he'd be punished for sleeping. It was really nice to see Koen freed and I hope the next story will continue to follow them. The story took a while to be done, but it was worth the wait. I look forward to your next work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/01/2013 07:40 PM, Cannd said:
I enjoyed this story all along the way. There was one thing I was confused about...wouldn't there be a risk of the men who were given the farm being id'd as the raiders? Esp. if Marcus made a show of wanting to find them as prefect? There would only have to be a slave who was there to say he saw those men...

Anyway, I thought it was cute when Koen was so confused as to why he'd be punished for sleeping. It was really nice to see Koen freed and I hope the next story will continue to follow them. The story took a while to be done, but it was worth the wait. I look forward to your next work.

Cann'd the farms are way to the south of Italy, far from Neapolis. :) Glad you enjoyed. My next story, The Courier, will be up soon.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great ending and you have left all of those needed in place to carry on with your next offering, Courier. What kind of a message or messanger could warrant a story named after it (or him)? Make that soon, soon please. Great chapter, thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/16/2013 08:26 PM, sandrewn said:
Great ending and you have left all of those needed in place to carry on with your next offering, Courier. What kind of a message or messanger could warrant a story named after it (or him)? Make that soon, soon please. Great chapter, thank you.
Sorry for the slow reply, been away for a bit. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Courier is in the works want another chapter down before I start posting. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loved this story read it again and agin.....can't wait until you post the second book

I wonder if Gracchus will tell him that he is his father or not in the next? Hmm Also wonder what will happen to Varus I was so sad when Young Lucius got killed but happy they were able to avenge his death

please keep writting can't wait to read the next book

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/16/2015 02:30 PM, redhot93 said:
Loved this story read it again and agin.....can't wait until you post the second book

I wonder if Gracchus will tell him that he is his father or not in the next? Hmm Also wonder what will happen to Varus I was so sad when Young Lucius got killed but happy they were able to avenge his death

please keep writting can't wait to read the next book

Redhot thank you for your review

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..