Jump to content
    Kiltie69
  • Author
  • 295 Words
  • 5,946 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Marcus and the Slave - Prologue. Prologue

The prologue is here to try help you keep track of some of the characters. Also I plan to have an expanding glossary of words as the story continues.

Character Names and Glossary.


Marcus Quintilus Braxus - former first centurion of the 13th Legion.


Lucius Crassus - slaver buyer and mine owner, a weasel face man who has only hatred for Marcus.


Koen Lugus - former Warrior of Gaul, now slave owned by Marcus.


Gracchus - former slave now bodyguard of Marchus.


Bratranix - slave of Marcus, bought on same day as Koen.


Lucranos - slave of Marcus, bought on same day as Koen.


Marcellus - legionnaire lover of Marcus, now dead.


Marius - squad leader hired by Marcus.


Mascius - head of the household staff of Marcus Braxus


Prastugus - vineyard overseer originally from Brittania. Of the Iceni.


Young Lucius - the 20 something youthful slave who kept Marcus active.


Trajan - the assassin


Thor - one of five brothers bought as a slave, by Maurcus.


Remus Augustus - friend and former second to Marcus, now first spear of the Thirteenth.


Varus - one of Marius's men, lover of young Lucius the slave.


Titus - Lucius Crassus's right hand man.


Aurelia - Marcus's mother.


Quintillus - Marcus's father?

Glossary

Subligar - loincloth like underwear.


Primus pilus - first spear centurion, centurion in charge of the 1st cohort, highest ranking non officer in the roman army.


Strigil -scythe shaped metal tool used for cleaning skin during bathing.


Praetorium - the generals tent or accommodation. Usually a large structure in the centre of the military camp.


Contubernia - and eight man unit within a cohort. They lived, ate, and fought together.

 

Aurius an As - Units of currency one gold and one copper

 


Gallia Belgica - now modern day Belgium.


Lugus - Celtic god indentified as Mercury by the Romans.

The prologue is here to try help you keep track of some of the characters. Also I plan to have an expanding glossary of words as the story continues.
Copyright © 2013 Kiltie69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It makes the story easier to follow, from the outset. I often have to look up some terms that are used, this makes it more enjoyable. Thank you.

Link to comment
On 08/28/2013 11:51 PM, sandrewn said:
It makes the story easier to follow, from the outset. I often have to look up some terms that are used, this makes it more enjoyable. Thank you.
Sandrewn. Thank you. It also gives some clues. :). Enjoy.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..